Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think the gameplay world feel and even writing I saw supports the very unpopular idea I have that this games gonna be better than Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The conversation with the ripperdoc and also the standoff with the scary gang felt more fluid and engaging than most of the stuff in W3 imo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Time will tell I suppose. Just kind of shocked at what appears to be more negativity than not across basically every game place

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Time will tell I suppose. Just kind of shocked at what appears to be more negativity than not across basically every game place

gamers are insane and a lot of them are deeply upset that this game doesnt look like every other pink neon cyberpunk thing ever

i think saying its gonna be better than w3 is going a bit far atm but it definitely looks promising, and im super hyped for it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you Bob, for once again providing the voice of reason.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm mildly hyped about it and expect it to be a different enough experience than the Witcher games that comparing them to one another will seem foolhardy in retrospect.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think there are fair comparisons to be made in the environmental immersion and quest writing and structure. Both of which require the game’s full release to make rational judgements on, so I’m just tuning out the typical internet gamer bullshit until I get my hands on it. It really doesn’t shock me that reactive people on the internet would be negative about a thing they have no first hand knowledge of.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im glad that peoples lovely conceptions of cyberpunk arent being realized for one that looks like it was peeled out of a comic book 20-30 yrs ago

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every single person on /v/ and probably most of Games would be content with a game that solely simulates looking out of a rainy window at a big neon sign that says “Neon” in japanese.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Every single person on /v/ and probably most of Games would be content with a game that solely simulates looking out of a rainy window at a big neon sign that says “Neon” in japanese.

Id be content with that game too tbh but its not what i want cyberpunk 2077 to be

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
it rules that you can pull your gun out for any tense situation & sometimes it's the right move

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I hope every conversation has a state where both of you have guns against eachothers heads, its just how business is done in night city

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

hahaha

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

having finally watched the (probably heavily scripted lol) video I'd say the aesthetic is on point, writing I can't really judge cause it's one mission, gameplay is the same, tho I hope I can turn off the damage numbers just cause they clutter screen. looks like I could just wander around the cyberpocalypse eating lovely street food tho which makes it closer to the futuristic dirtbag simulator I've always wanted.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel very similar to how I felt after seeing Death Stranding gameplay footage. First person RPGs aren't really my thing unless they're slow dungeon crawlers and seeing this game in motion was pretty underwhelming. There's already a million of these style games released (and rereleased) every year ad nauseum. And all the non rpg stuff has already been done, and done better at that (Max Payne, Vanquish, Binary Domain).

I'm still interested but since I obviously haven't played the game yet I'm only judging it by what I've seen, and that gameplay video fell flat on its face for me.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the gameplay looks like borderlands or fallout or something but the witcher wasnt good at that either. hopefully theres a bunch of funny peasants in it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
buerrrghh ... gwooooaarrgh. me cyber IBS is playin up something rotten. i believe my robot arse is still under warranty so wipe the poo poo off it for me, ripperdoc.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the gameplay 100% looks like fallout but New Vegas is proof that you can make a very good rpg with mediocre shooting mechanics

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

I.N.R.I posted:

buerrrghh ... gwooooaarrgh. me cyber IBS is playin up something rotten. i believe my robot arse is still under warranty so wipe the poo poo off it for me, ripperdoc.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867059&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish they went full bore with it and just made an adventure game with that budget and spent the countless man hours making a barely passable driving engine and fallout shooting etc on adding more trash to apartments and making rain look cooler.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I wish they went full bore with it and just made an adventure game with that budget and spent the countless man hours making a barely passable driving engine and fallout shooting etc on adding more trash to apartments and making rain look cooler.

Considering combat is almost always the worst part of these games it would be nice to make one that doesn't have its gameplay and systems almost entirely revolve around it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Give me cyberpunk LA Noire. Let me solve future crimes with high-tech investigative gadgets.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Awesome lol. It would be cool if we all got our avs like this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sick album art for the OST.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Awesome lol. It would be cool if we all got our avs like this

That would be cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That would be cool.

Lmfao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

me and my gf at the cyberpunk launch party

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

me and my gf at the cyberpunk launch party

Whats his name Lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the gameplay 100% looks like fallout but New Vegas is proof that you can make a very good rpg with mediocre shooting mechanics

And after six months worth of patches

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Like I'm hyped for this game but playing an Eastern European game on release day is an experience that I loathe to repeat.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i think the gameplay looks fun. the shooting seems visceral and the new vegas shooting comparisons perplex me (i know what is meant but the new vegas shooting is so bad a difference in the degree of shooting quality becomes a difference in kind). games thread on this is incredibly stupid

ahah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Its fallout shooting because you shoot someone 20 times in the head and then they explode into funny giblets whille still yelling their combat barks.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the guns look and sound and probably feel like air rifles and numbers come out the enemies when you shoot them. they should just copy mgs

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Neurosis posted:

games thread on this is incredibly stupid

ahah

I find that extremely hard to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I hope it's just 3d Barkley 2

• Locked thread