Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Negredo listing for 9k now. Is this a bubble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Must have been, he's 800 again now

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Shoutout to Seltzer though, just sold 3 of my Nakajimas for 2500 each, saving the other few I got for tomorrow or Tuesday.

I woulda bought more but I didn't have that many coins at the time, will definitely load up on the next one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve sold a bunch of Nakajima’s for 4K now. And a couple Negredo’s for 2-3k. Thanks for the tip!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

angry armadillo posted:

someone in your club is calling for the pass and not admitting it. that's the reason the AI go nuts in pro clubs.

every time

No it's really poo poo this year even worse than last... they will hold the ball and then force a pass or not even pass and get it taken for a 1 on 1 with the goalie. It's loving trash and I hate when people insist with playing with AI instead of an Any player. I've seen the AI in both 18 and 19 do the dumbest poo poo possible and you can even tell them HOOF IT IDIOT and they'll hesitate, lose it, and give the opponents an easy chance.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 29, 2018

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Has anyone else noticed subs not going into the right position? Seems if you change the position of players in a formation when making subs it doesn't matter and the players just go into the position the player they're replacing was in.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I’ve sold a bunch of Nakajima’s for 4K now. And a couple Negredo’s for 2-3k. Thanks for the tip!

You must be on xbox, I've been listing negredo for 3k every hour for the past week and haven't sold any ever or even seen him above 850

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

No it's really poo poo this year even worse than last... they will hold the ball and then force a pass or not even pass and get it taken for a 1 on 1 with the goalie. It's loving trash and I hate when people insist with playing with AI instead of an Any player. I've seen the AI in both 18 and 19 do the dumbest poo poo possible and you can even tell them HOOF IT IDIOT and they'll hesitate, lose it, and give the opponents an easy chance.

I usually play as any for parmos but I've been frustrated at how bad the passing stats are for the AI which results in passes just going wildly off and me looking like I'm completely awful so I went back to just playing one dude lol

Also the defense is tricky and there's a lot of spots where I feel like I should have a successful tackle but they get through easily

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Yea Negredo not moving much is because EA is being lazy with pulling transferred players. I remember they gave one guy an IF for a club that wasn't in the game last year and that got pulled in like 8 hours. I'm probably gonna start selling my Nakajima's tomorrow. I have 45 to unload.

Also

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

You must be on xbox, I've been listing negredo for 3k every hour for the past week and haven't sold any ever or even seen him above 850

I am yea, but he’s regularly selling for 650-1000, I guess I’m just getting lucky with a 2k-3k sale once ever day or so. The influx of new players buying a shitload of coins probably helps.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Even him regularly selling for 600-1000 is a good profit. If you picked up a bunch of them at 400. I’m still holding out for his card to get pulled tho I think.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Yea Negredo not moving much is because EA is being lazy with pulling transferred players. I remember they gave one guy an IF for a club that wasn't in the game last year and that got pulled in like 8 hours. I'm probably gonna start selling my Nakajima's tomorrow. I have 45 to unload.

Also

Nice, I sold the rest of mine for 6k on PS4, I didn't get that many :(

I do have like 30 negredos though so hopefully he will get to at least 2-3k sometime

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
someone explain this broken rear end game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vakdCJJgfmc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE8JXx-0i0E

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve played over 30 FUT games already and still don’t have access to the transfer market on the web app or companion app. What gives?

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdRrQXxgLM

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Another neat glitch happened last night... luckily near the end of the match when we had already won anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXMH3RgWzw

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm lollin at how much worse the gameplay is in this than it was in the demo after suckering seltzer back in

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The gameplay is fine? I've got like a 3 to 1 win rate in rivals rn. I mean they need to allow players to shoot quicker and they could tweak pace a bit but I haven't had an big issues yet

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the gameplay is good. Better than the last couple years.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I've gotten use to most of the game play differences and it's fine overall. I think it's easier to defend which is a huge plus... but yeah it's in need of some tweaking as always.

Also another glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71rkBZX0xo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

T Bowl posted:

I've gotten use to most of the game play differences and it's fine overall. I think it's easier to defend which is a huge plus... but yeah it's in need of some tweaking as always.

Also another glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71rkBZX0xo

Oh christ, does this work every time?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kingfish posted:

Oh christ, does this work every time?

Yeah I think so, not 100% but it works... hopefully they solve that quickly.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The gameplay feels way more sluggish to me than the demo, players don't really turn as well, defense isn't as responsive, passes feel like close to 16 where a normal pass is too slow and a driven pass is too fast so there's passes that you should be able to make but effectively can't, finishing is too inconsistent and like you said players take too long of a windup on both shots and passes sometimes, kickoff glitch still exists, AI defending is too good while it feels like manual defending is also too hard (when you do clean tackles it feels like the ball bounces back to the opponent way more often than it used to), I dunno

I feel like with a patch or two it could be good but I liked the demo a lot more.

Anyway if you like it that's good, I felt like you would feel suckered in again lol

It's not my winrate either, I'm at like 60-33 or something and 10 of those losses were me grinding out loyalty by quitting out to do an SBC so I guess I'm I dunno like really 50-23 or something since I did some squad battles too. Not quite as good a winrate as you but I'm still getting used to the game and trying some different play styles. I tried balls out manual high press defending for a few games and that didn't go so well, lol

edit: i forgot to mention the side foot shot bug lol

I still think it's fun and I'll probably still play 1000 games or some bullshit but I liked the demo build a lot more

Oh also the AI in pro clubs is worse, there's the offside thing that was posted above, and like they really need to buff the AI players' passing stats if they are gonna make passing stats more important (a move I generally support). I think they forgot that the CPU players have like 65 passing and it just makes it really frustrating to try and pass or get passes from them sometimes because they just go incredibly slow or off target a lot.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 1, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Another new thing in pro clubs is midfielders get super punished for positioning and it's like Klopp "metal" football on meth. It wants you all up and down the pitch like crazy and everyone i've played with especially at CAM gets poo poo ratings compared to the strikers even when they have decent games. It'll have you at a 3 or 4 if you aren't sprinting back constantly to defend plays that are well well past you already to where you waste so much stamina trying to cover the ground it's asking you to cover and still have a dip in rating.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of pro clubs, scored this banger earlier today with a timed finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0cIaqXsT8

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So ive played over 50 games of FUT and the companion and web apps still tell me I don’t have access to the transfer market yet and to play more games of FUT to gain access. Nothing like not being able to access features of a game you paid full price for!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

So ive played over 50 games of FUT and the companion and web apps still tell me I don’t have access to the transfer market yet and to play more games of FUT to gain access. Nothing like not being able to access features of a game you paid full price for!

There's actually a dude who is one of the top traders on youtube who runs a channel for it and everything who still can't access the app on his phone

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

I would email them at this point.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a good resource for figuring out which SBCs are worth doing? This is the first year I’ve tried to actually build a respectable FUT team.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

Is there a good resource for figuring out which SBCs are worth doing? This is the first year I’ve tried to actually build a respectable FUT team.

all the starter ones are worth doing, up to and through league and nation hybrids, because they're cheap and give decent packs and packing even a half decent player from one pack can make you your money back for the whole set.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

I would email them at this point.

I just finished chatting with EA Support and their response was, "I would like you to know that everything is going great you are doing good and it's just about playing more games.
You will have to play more games to proceed and then eventually will get the option available for the Transfer market."

I asked how many more games I have to play, and they responded, "You will definitely get the options as I see the account is going good with no problems you just will have to login and play every week on regular basis."

So basically, it sounds like they have no loving clue. It sounds to me like it's a bug, and they don't know how to fix it.

Edit: I asked the support rep I was speaking with to connect me to their supervisor and they straight up just ended the chat. gently caress EA

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 2, 2018

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Is PS4 Parmos still alive?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I just finished chatting with EA Support and their response was, "I would like you to know that everything is going great you are doing good and it's just about playing more games.
You will have to play more games to proceed and then eventually will get the option available for the Transfer market."

I asked how many more games I have to play, and they responded, "You will definitely get the options as I see the account is going good with no problems you just will have to login and play every week on regular basis."

So basically, it sounds like they have no loving clue. It sounds to me like it's a bug, and they don't know how to fix it.

Edit: I asked the support rep I was speaking with to connect me to their supervisor and they straight up just ended the chat. gently caress EA

speaking of bugs and pro clubs

just so anyone who plays pro clubs knows

this bug is still in the game as far as I know, where if you had a character last year that got ported over, your character will be missing 8 traits that everyone is supposed to have, and some are good like diving header and bicycle kick and power free kick

to get them you have to do like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOlV6AcCe4I

this is not a prank to get you to delete your progress, you only have to re enter your name and appearance and poo poo

that's how much progress they made on pro clubs, they literally still have the two biggest glitches (missing traits and AI auto pass back) from last year lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I love the gameplay but a lot of annoying things still exist or have come up.

Side-footed shooting. Why.
AI not wanting or going for loose balls.
Player switching never going where I direct.
Etc etc.

But overall I like the pace direction and whatnot.

In other news, I sank 30k into the UCL SBC and my best player pull was Danilo ehh.

Also I sold my Reneto Sanchez for 6k lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I've had a decent number of instances where my midfielder decides that he gets the ball even when my back line is much closer. Lots of little bugs atm, but I'm hopeful the final game will be better. I think I already prefer this version of 19 to the final version of 18.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
By the way the two new L1 skill moves, the speed boost fake shot (L1+ fake shot) and the iniesta move that's L1 plus ball roll are both super good

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea there seem to be a lot of actually usable skill moves this year. The berbaspin is poo poo again though.

Anyways remember how I found Modeste and hyped him up that one year? Zaza is that this year. I am telling you. He is stupid good. He has Tries To Beat Defensive Line, Flair, and Target Forward traits. I don't know how much they all do but flair is always great, it allows for all those no look and flick passes that other players can't do. Anyways, he has 4* skills and insane physical stats. 90 jump, 88 strength, 90 aggression. The strength aggression combo is always deadly but it feels much much more so this year. When you look at players with super high strength and aggression that are relatively quick he's essentially the only player left that's not an icon (my dude from last year Codoba is there too 74 rated now but I'll bring him back). The only other player really is Marega and he cannot dribble for poo poo. You can't lose with Zaza in a 433. I shield more than most players but even a little shielding or shouldering with him goes a lot this year. Zaza's downsides are the 3* wf and below average passing. He could be more nimble but he's got good dribbling for a big strong player. Oh yea and they gave him 80 penalties lol.

These ucl cards are pretty gimmicky but if you can pick them up for the same price as the nif versions or 1K more do it if you like the player imo. I got a few bargains like Pizzi for 2k.

Also I've got 200k right now from that Nakajima hustle. Gonna sell Bale before weekend league and go completely in on high rated cheap IFs. They are really low right now because no SBCs have needed them yet and that POTM Hazard around the corner absolutely will need them. Easily double the profit on those imo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I ran into this guy in division rivals today:

He later subbed on messi and Mbappe. He ragequit in the 85th minute after i scored a go ahead goal with Lacazette

On pc this is a 10+ million coin team, Eusebio is essentially extinct at a 5 million coin price range.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Yea there seem to be a lot of actually usable skill moves this year. The berbaspin is poo poo again though.

Anyways remember how I found Modeste and hyped him up that one year? Zaza is that this year. I am telling you. He is stupid good. He has Tries To Beat Defensive Line, Flair, and Target Forward traits. I don't know how much they all do but flair is always great, it allows for all those no look and flick passes that other players can't do. Anyways, he has 4* skills and insane physical stats. 90 jump, 88 strength, 90 aggression. The strength aggression combo is always deadly but it feels much much more so this year. When you look at players with super high strength and aggression that are relatively quick he's essentially the only player left that's not an icon (my dude from last year Codoba is there too 74 rated now but I'll bring him back). The only other player really is Marega and he cannot dribble for poo poo. You can't lose with Zaza in a 433. I shield more than most players but even a little shielding or shouldering with him goes a lot this year. Zaza's downsides are the 3* wf and below average passing. He could be more nimble but he's got good dribbling for a big strong player. Oh yea and they gave him 80 penalties lol.

These ucl cards are pretty gimmicky but if you can pick them up for the same price as the nif versions or 1K more do it if you like the player imo. I got a few bargains like Pizzi for 2k.

Also I've got 200k right now from that Nakajima hustle. Gonna sell Bale before weekend league and go completely in on high rated cheap IFs. They are really low right now because no SBCs have needed them yet and that POTM Hazard around the corner absolutely will need them. Easily double the profit on those imo.

Which IF's are you targeting? I profited off your Nakajima tip so I would like to continue riding your coattails :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=gLIbJEhTnOkEk:FFA19PCC

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=gVdmz8GCnOkEn:FFA19PCC

These are my two teams right now on PC. I have 120k liquid and could probably double that if I sell off some unused informs and high rated cards in the club. Any recommendations on who I should buy next?

Also I agree with the previous poster about Zaza, he has been much better than Immobile for me. My best striker has actually been Giovinco but hes a pain in the rear end to build a good team around.