Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Conot posted:

Quote doesn't matter just the name.

Small side note but one of the main servers I pull data from has the exact same nickname as your username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ramc posted:

Recruitment. I'd buy a more expensive mage but

i want those mercs!!!

There are still 17 dudes in it it's still good it's still good

:lol: if that's all the gold you could scratch up to bid then there was never a chance. Phaecia's starting income with the island bonus is so wild that I was bidding 300-400g each merc band.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Donkringel posted:

Small side note but one of the main servers I pull data from has the exact same nickname as your username.

Haha, what a funny coincidence.

And totally not an indicator of the spread of Skynet.

Haha.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

How are u posted:

:lol: if that's all the gold you could scratch up to bid then there was never a chance. Phaecia's starting income with the island bonus is so wild that I was bidding 300-400g each merc band.

:argh:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Is consensus still that Phaecia is busted in half?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Corbeau posted:

My feeling is not really but I haven't played them very much. They are rich but their start is really annoying. I hope you like blind expansion.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
This LP makes me want to try to learn how to play again. I own the game! It shouldn't be that hard to learn, right?

(ha ha ha)

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Corbeau posted:

getting extra gold isnt as good as getting extra pearls and nobody is wringing their hands about pythium. the colossi boys are pretty tough, though.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Corbeau posted:

They're definitely strong but have real drawbacks as well. I'll go into Phaeacia a little bit when the nation appears in the LP.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sceleria is by far the most broken. It's basically Ermor with scaling de facto freespawn and actual income.

e: Speaking of Ermor, I have a bit of a soft spot for EA Ermor. I played my very first game of Dominions as them. I renamed my starting scout to Cato Sneakarius, ended up accidentally attack moving him into an AI's province during year one, fucker one shot sniped the enemy pretender somehow (one of the squishy human chasis) and survived retreating after taking damage because I owned a bordering province. Guess who ended up being my prophet after the first one kicked the bucket? :v:

my dad fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 28, 2019

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
pan is the most broken its no contest

Ramc
May 4, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

pan is the most broken its no contest

It's definitely Pan.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
look at the nazca apologists itt

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Normal Adult Human posted:

look at the nazca apologists itt

Didn't Nazca get nerfed?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
oh does nazca no longer result in screaching hordes of thousands of batboys flying around after they steal the world's sun?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

oh does nazca no longer result in screaching hordes of thousands of batboys flying around after they steal the world's sun?

That's Xibalba.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oh right, nazca's the aztec-y dudes

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Kitfox88 posted:

oh right, nazca's the aztec-y dudes

Come on man.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
oh right, Nazca is the dead norse guys on ponies

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oh wait, nazca's the guys with the pigmys, right

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
wait I thought nazca was the stabbing monkeys

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Clearly Nazca's the vampires.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I thought Nazca's were just a bunch of lines on the sand.

But that's every dominions game when you think about it :v:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

wait I thought nazca was the stabbing monkeys

No, no. The monkeys that stab is Ulm

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

how is it that every dominions thread turns into a fyad-lite

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Dominions appeals to a certain demographic.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out
Wow, getting intense in here, friends; perhaps we should, "chill out" :cool:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dominions is a very serious business game and you should rp at all times.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I’m perma-bot-ed pretender pdstomper5

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

goatface posted:

Dominions is a very serious business game and you should rp at all times.

I em erth ssdssnek, pheer me ssssssniveling wormsssss

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Could you go over some of your pre-game decisions and why you did them? I've read a couple of LPs before but I fully admit I have a hard time following The mechanics of the game

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
No love for Agartha :smith:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Angry Lobster posted:

No love for Goons :smith:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Damanation posted:

Could you go over some of your pre-game decisions and why you did them? I've read a couple of LPs before but I fully admit I have a hard time following The mechanics of the game

I plan to do that a little bit when my pretender god wakes up which as he is dormant happens by around turn 12. Sometimes a few turns longer just to make you mad.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Angry Lobster posted:

No love for Agartha :smith:

Its actually my favourite nation. I won* my only game with LA Agartha. Hooray cave knights and necromancers!

*major opponent and I were seperated by a vast sea of AIs in a noob game. We decided to tie

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The only MP game I ever played and won was a noo game where I was allowed to be EA Ermor. I have a soft spot for those idiots.

Who is Sceleria?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The only MP game I ever played and won was a noo game where I was allowed to be EA Ermor. I have a soft spot for those idiots.

Who is Sceleria?

Sceleria is the equivalent to Dom3's MA Ermor. It's the splinter Ermorian faction that decided to use skelepocalypse to their advantag and is full of living Roman necromancers.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The only Dom3 game I ever won was MA Agartha. Those sacred statues were actually really versatile with the right bless.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Straight White Shark posted:

Sceleria is the equivalent to Dom3's MA Ermor. It's the splinter Ermorian faction that decided to use skelepocalypse to their advantag and is full of living Roman necromancers.

Most notably, in Dominions 5, they can recruit 2 45 gold scelerian cultists per turn (who are sacred and therefore cost half upkeep), who reanimate on average 3.5 skellies per turn each, which sums up to 7 new skeletons per turn per turn for every templed fortress dedicated to making them. In addition, they can recruit retiarii, who are really good at killing stuff that is good at chewing through skellymans. Due to the ridiculous number of skeletons that are going to be patrolling provinces when they have nothing better to do, it's also really hard to do sneaky bullshit to them, and raiding isn't quite as effective on a nation that summons a gajillion skeletons from each fort without needing gold for them. And their mages are great at covering weaknesses that this army composition has and dropping nasty communion death/astral magic on the enemy.

e: Oh, and how could I forget, they get priest communions that can cast apostasy, meaning they're likely to steal your sacred units and commanders.

my dad fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

They can't hire indie priests to summon skeletons anymore though, as they made 'reanimator priest' a unit tag rather than a nation one.