Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
e: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And yet don't have a GG3. We have a third game in the X line, after X and XX/X2, and a Guilty Gear 2 but if they're dropping out of the X line here then :shrug:

Makes sense if they're making the game break from previous mechanical foundations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The iv stands for infinite venom combos, not 4

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Oh drat, they brought back Testament and he's wearing a paper bag on his head

Picture/link of my favorite character?? Yes I tried to google it

edit: that's Faust, gently caress me

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 18, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

When's Anji coming out?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

DemoneeHo posted:

When's Anji coming out?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Still can't get over how grand viper is now "Ground Viper Night Raid Vortex"

loving cool name for a move that just kills you instantly when you use it

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

frostys is coming around the corner, new demo/footage should be available then

(Bump to avoid thread archive)

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Gearing up to feel guilty about

I can't think of a good ending to that so I leave it open to someone who can. It is your pun now.

I hope Faust is still fun to play, whether or not they rework his moveset.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Bump for Frosty's. New trailer after top8 tonight.

Also, just come watch some gear. https://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

when faust

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

When not Faust. Always Faust. Forever Faust. Also probably another hour.
Part of me hopes he actually gets a new movelist to match his new outfit.

EDIT: So he's terrifying now. Except he also still gives people afro puffs. Huh. Looks like a good mix of new and old moves though!

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 19, 2020

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Sorry to double-post, but Faust trailer bump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NeCgZrl-g

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, there is still a cartoony aspect to him and it doesn’t seem like he is relapsing back to Baldhead, but at the same time there is something horrifyingly wrong with him.

EDIT: Also, strategically placed syringe

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the Zappa ghosts have him now.

Very horror themed

E: Even the tiny Fausts zombie walk now

E2: God his hands are so huge what the hell happened. Also there's some kinda logo on the inside of his bag if you pause on the FAUST cut in at the very start. Flip it upside down and... I can't still read it.
Also his win between rounds animation looks extra spooky with the blood jar.

What is going ooon

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 19, 2020

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Having only ever played OG Guilty Gear and the sequel after, having seen this in passing it'd be neat to see Faust go back to the Dr. Baldhead aesthetic and deal

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1225987470283526144

Daisuke says the UI is being overhauled

https://twitter.com/hifightth/status/1225973859947446272?s=21

Chipp wallrun combo from leaf grab rrc

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

I'm going to be the contrarian weirdo once again and say that I actually liked the old UI, but I'm not going to be upset if it changes to something else as long as it's still easy to read. Otherwise based on the full recording of the event the game is looking good to me, I will have much fun playing Spooky Faust. Bernie will win, GG Strive will be good.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

HerniaFlange posted:

I'm going to be the contrarian weirdo once again and say that I actually liked the old UI, but I'm not going to be upset if it changes to something else as long as it's still easy to read. Otherwise based on the full recording of the event the game is looking good to me, I will have much fun playing Spooky Faust. Bernie will win, GG Strive will be good.

Uhh, you know that the character portraits anchored to your current life also serve as burst and risc gauges, right? I don't mind the style but the current ui is the polar opposite of easy to read (also the combo counter taking up half the screen is dumb).

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Arzachel posted:

Uhh, you know that the character portraits anchored to your current life also serve as burst and risc gauges, right? I don't mind the style but the current ui is the polar opposite of easy to read (also the combo counter taking up half the screen is dumb).

Oh, I didn't notice how the burst refill was set up, yeah that needs to change. The RISC doesn't seem so bad but that probably should be a straight solid bar too. I dunno, I just liked the solid colors and not having the layers of SO FUKKIN METAL that was visually distracting to me, in a game that stopped being metal outside of like name references around GG2 and became anime as all hell.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HerniaFlange posted:

Oh, I didn't notice how the burst refill was set up, yeah that needs to change. The RISC doesn't seem so bad but that probably should be a straight solid bar too. I dunno, I just liked the solid colors and not having the layers of SO FUKKIN METAL that was visually distracting to me, in a game that stopped being metal outside of like name references around GG2 and became anime as all hell.

"Became" anime as all hell? That's a weird line to hear after ~10 years of people saying the series was too anime to play and scoffing at sprites.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

"Became" anime as all hell? That's a weird line to hear after ~10 years of people saying the series was too anime to play and scoffing at sprites.

It used to be more Fist of the North Star, post-apocalyptic grungy anime, which okay is pretty anime, but now it's more and more a weird fantasy thing. I still love it, but I miss the older style. I guess I should have said "became modern anime." I dunno. Spooky Faust being in is a good counterpoint to a lot of it though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Which game had the stampede of giant beds or whatever running around in the background while metal music played.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Potemkin's theme though.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

just bumping so the thread isn't archived before release

Anything new come out lately? We don't know who the next character will be, right?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

No, the end of the Faust trailer says they'll be showing new trailers at Brussels Challenge and Final Round, probably both on the 22nd. What are the odds that it's two separate characters and not just the same one being shown live at both events?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Nothing for a while, the last announce was Faust and his trailer.

Next new trailers were scheduled for Brussels challenge and Final Round Atlanta, both March 20-22 but Brussels has been canceled.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Boogalo posted:

Brussels has been canceled.

Covid-19!

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Isn't that what the badge on Millia's hat says?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

There's still Final Round, and it's the weekend Doom Eternal comes out, so it's the perfect time to release the trailer showing Doom Slayer being in the game. He has dashes, he can double-jump, he already has a ridiculous back story...
Is it sad that I actually kind of wish Doomguy would be in GGIV?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elphelt is already in gg

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Real hurthling! posted:

Elphelt is already in gg

If we were fighting, then we'd probably live every day on the edge! Eventually I'd say I'd had enough, but I'd still follow you to the ends of the Earth to find amazing guts to rip and tear! In the sequel we'd start out on opposite ends of the world, but eventually we'd cross paths again and our ripping and tearing would be rekindled! Ooooh my gosh!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1237172977222832128

:doh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just post the trailers

Ugh

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Cowards.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should put the trailer on youtube its not like it wont get a million reacts videos if its not shown live to a crowd of people who are already buying the game

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Ok, after making everyone panic for a couple of hours....

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1237220005520916482

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

http://s1.webmshare.com/LxWMr.webm
Scaling.avi

:stonk:

Edit: jesus christ sa, let embeds just work

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003