Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The power of LPC: My non-swearing, non-LPC-aware wife now gleefully says "who the loving is Lucas" every time a Lucas is mentioned. It's just that good a line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEV8fpqeTmY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
can I just point out how amazing it is that this guy has tried for 15 years to rattle Alex Trebek and still hasn't managed to do it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Chrpno posted:

I like where he calls GG's brother Merle and gives him the ol package delivery runaround. LPC says "my foot is coming towards YOU" and Merle goes completely insane

Man I know it's completely in character with the kind of person he is, but seeing Merle selling old polaroids of their family on facebook, one piece at a time for like $20/ea is really sad. Or random articles of GG's clothing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SIAM is no longer a country....

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

They do that one song that's like, uh.. DOUBLE TRIPLE CHECK TRIPLE DOUBLE DOUBLE FLIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3pVTdOd7I

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
What is it? Sewage?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

vandalism posted:

What is it? Sewage?

I knew it was you.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I was just driving down Willoughby road, which gave me the chance for some more LPC quotin'

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

k I'm talking about D o u g a n ....Nassshhshshsshshshshshshhsshshshhshshshshshhhohohoohooooooooomomomomomomomomomomomomommiowwowowowowowowowowowowoowowoowowowowowoowwoowowowowow ....you got any of that?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Dude is a fucken top notch riffsmith too and puts these bonkers metal interludes on his albums
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6a9Vy_bdw

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

eatin' black eyed peas and old hog bowel
at my granny's house

yee ha

(repeat X 50)

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

E: Found identity, didn't post anything, just taking temperature, then felt bad for even asking.
Not touching gold is harder than not touching poop.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 12, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

E: You know what, gently caress it, no.

ty

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

They blurred his face in the Lavendar House but he had long blonde hair which I wasn't expecting and now I think the face behind the classic LPC voice is a young Tom Petty.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Yeah i do not want to know who he is or anything about him honestly

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

My name is Bert

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gonna need y'all to keep that noise down to a dull roar

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m always amazed by how many people never catch on that he’s using a voice effect even as he starts sounding like Max Headroom in space, wildly fluctuating between chipmunk and Satan and they still think they just have a “bad connection” and earnestly try to make sense of what he’s saying.

Also some people really need to settle down with threatening to shoot someone the second they get annoyed over the phone. Sometimes I worry about the safety of actual UPS drivers showing up at these angry lunatic’s homes.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the GameStop call is probably my favorite. I'm gonna obliterate your avatar.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I just am.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm a wizard, I'm a sorcerer.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Any opponent? Slayed. Any challenger? Slayed. I'm a slayer, and uh, that's what you need to remember.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Kerry King...of Slayer. He's gonna whoop ya!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Actually now that I think about it, the best line in that video might not even be from LPC.

Listen, after I'm riding around in my Dodge Neon, I'm gonna come over to the GameStop and I'm gonna lay, let's say, 150 bucks on the table. There's gonna be money thrown down, that I'm gonna take from you.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Actually now that I think about it, the best line in that video might not even be from LPC.

Listen, after I'm riding around in my Dodge Neon, I'm gonna come over to the GameStop and I'm gonna lay, let's say, 150 bucks on the table. There's gonna be money thrown down, that I'm gonna take from you.

So you're going to pay me 200 dollars to lose at counter strike?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’m always amazed by how many people never catch on that he’s using a voice effect even as he starts sounding like Max Headroom in space, wildly fluctuating between chipmunk and Satan and they still think they just have a “bad connection” and earnestly try to make sense of what he’s saying.

Also some people really need to settle down with threatening to shoot someone the second they get annoyed over the phone. Sometimes I worry about the safety of actual UPS drivers showing up at these angry lunatic’s homes.

phones lines are super low fidelity, the people he calls are hearing something way different from the audio that gets pump directly into an expensive recording setup.

also a lot of the super angry people are places that he's clearly called a ton of times already and then only put the last few on the cd.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

kolby posted:

I call him Manny...Mayonnaise for short.

he loves it

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The coffin call on LPC9 is great because of how he tweaks very small parts of language on the fly in almost every sentence. It comes across as foreign, almost fluent, and yet completely intelligible. It's weaponized, surgical linguistic absurdity.

"I wanted to enlist your rates, if I would."
"What service?"
"Handmade. With cult resources. Can you at least shoot me an e-lasso? Electronic?"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

phones lines are super low fidelity, the people he calls are hearing something way different from the audio that gets pump directly into an expensive recording setup.

also a lot of the super angry people are places that he's clearly called a ton of times already and then only put the last few on the cd.

I get the feeling that one police news desk reporter came angry

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

The coffin call on LPC9 is great because of how he tweaks very small parts of language on the fly in almost every sentence. It comes across as foreign, almost fluent, and yet completely intelligible. It's weaponized, surgical linguistic absurdity.

"I wanted to enlist your rates, if I would."
"What service?"
"Handmade. With cult resources. Can you at least shoot me an e-lasso? Electronic?"

This is what makes LPC an artist, imo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“What’s your number?”

“888-WITCHERY.”

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Mummy Napkin

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8eukyVBNZE

“I can blow up a motorcycle, a barbecue, a pool table, a motorcycle. What I'll do is, I'll land, I'll blow up a motorcycle. I'll let you shoot a few things. And... we can talk hundred dollar bills, whadda' ya think?”

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
You need to stop all the gnashing

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Put your dog away, turn your radio off.

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

"you makes happy sunday" :allears:

I always think about some of the people he calls and idk that call always unsettles me when he puts her on. Dude sounds like he has an asian bride or something. Weird to imagine.

The LPC curse ic coming for Trebek :( -- Wapner, Money, Dale, Crime News Desk Arthur, and The Interloper are all dead and it doesn't look good for him. I think he always enjoyed the calls from all over the place because he'd always ask where they were from.

My favorites are when people would call LPc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CbChttj98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4JTSKH1DA

Solomon Gumball fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 13, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Solomon Gumball posted:

I always think about some of the people he calls and idk that call always unsettles me when he puts her on. Dude sounds like he has an asian bride or something. Weird to imagine.

Many dudes have asian brides.

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
You know what I mean a mail-order one or something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I mean, I'm sure that's pretty common, too :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Solomon Gumball posted:

The LPC curse ic coming for Trebek :( -- Wapner, Money, Dale, Crime News Desk Arthur, and The Interloper are all dead and it doesn't look good for him. I think he always enjoyed the calls from all over the place because he'd always ask where they were from.

Dying while 80 years old hardly seems like the result of a curse.