Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i hope bernie rips off their heads and shits in their skulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Oh yeah I should have mentioned that there are a few at-large/special caucuses early in the day, but 99% of them will be happening at 8 EST/7 CST

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

given their occupation, status as immigrants, and being in the middle of bumfuck nowhere trump country, i bet most to all of these caucus-goers are first-timers

i hope it's indicative of bernie's ground game and therefore how tonight will go

it is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
if biden really finishes 4th, rip

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Jota posted:

i hope bernie rips off their heads and shits in their skulls

:hai:

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

DonDoodles posted:

how about a possibility of what happened in 2015 in Des Moines when after counting all the heads -- with Bernie in the lead -- they waited a few moments until after some people had left to announce they messed up and needed a re-count.

don't care who wins but dnc didn't like bernie then, nor do they now, and expect more of the above to happen today

yeah except this time everyone expects a ratfuck and will stick around to the bitter end, cameras out and chairs in the air

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I guarantee that if anyone BUT Bernie had swept the first caucus, the networks would be hyping the poo poo out of it on social media and TV news crawls

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I, for one, am excited for Bernie's Yuge Caucus

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

given their occupation, status as immigrants, and being in the middle of bumfuck nowhere trump country, i bet most to all of these caucus-goers are first-timers

i hope it's indicative of bernie's ground game and therefore how tonight will go

there are a number of orgs that reach out to the refugee communities hard to get them to vote. EMBARC is one such organization and they do a pretty good job. i think they used to work with just burmese but now everyone.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

how about a possibility of what happened in 2015 in Des Moines when after counting all the heads -- with Bernie in the lead -- they waited a few moments until after some people had left to announce they messed up and needed a re-count.

don't care who wins but dnc didn't like bernie then, nor do they now, and expect more of the above to happen today

Dog Toothbrush posted:

yeah except this time everyone expects a ratfuck and will stick around to the bitter end, cameras out and chairs in the air

Also, the Iowa Dems are reporting the first and final round raw votes this year because of this very criticism. They'll be under a microscope

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

So, you are the democratic party, and want to set a new e-mail address so that you can announce critical information (for example, about where the actual caucuses will be, or where certain locations will be changed etc).

You want to name your e-mail "District Information for Iowa Democrats", or sth like that.

What galaxy brain thought that the correct way to abbreviate this would be disinfo@iowademocrats.org ? :v:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Dante80 posted:

So, you are the democratic party, and want to set a new e-mail address so that you can announce critical information (for example, about where the actual caucuses will be, or where certain locations will be changed etc).

You want to name your e-mail "District Information for Iowa Democrats", or sth like that.

What galaxy brain thought that the correct way to abbreviate this would be disinfo@iowademocrats.org ? :v:

Lol

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Jewel Repetition posted:

Also, the Iowa Dems are reporting the first and second round totals this year because of this very criticism. They'll be under a microscope

Also the people who come in "undecided" and hold up the caucus as long as possible until finally walking to the corner of the DNC-preferred candidate. That happened last time, too.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Keeping a close eye on the poles

at the chippendales

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
folks I've heard bernie sanders is under calibanibal's protection

you love to see it

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Also the people who come in "undecided" and hold up the caucus as long as possible until finally walking to the corner of the DNC-preferred candidate. That happened last time, too.

Hold strong at your caucus.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DonDoodles posted:

lol that avatar

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

is each needle also going to be eleven dimensional so all the candidates can be represented?

will the needle-dimensionality track with realignment in realtime?

is there a needle to represent the likelihood of a needle-induced rip in the spacetime continuum?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Spime Wrangler posted:

is each needle also going to be eleven dimensional so all the candidates can be represented?

will the needle-dimensionality track realignment in realtime?

is there a needle to represent the likelihood of a needle-induced rip in the spacetime continuum?

What they're doing is like, on a presidential election day in addition to tracking the electoral college you also tracked the popular vote, the exit polls, and which candidate got more votes at each individual polling place

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

big, beautiful workers

like from a movie, folks

better looking than tom cruise, and stronger

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Chokes McGee posted:

lol that avatar

it's like my forums purple heart

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/1224410299370962944?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

A tweet in the chain says that Bernie's campaign was reaching out to them during shift changes in the middle of the night at the factory.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/elainejgodfrey/status/1224414966280867842?s=21

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Why have the other campaigns not dropped out and gotten behind the unity candidate?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I predict that Bernie will win handily tonight, but also that there won't be any meltdowns even close to what we saw when kopala dropped out.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol @ no biden or warren

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

really queer Christmas posted:

Why have the other campaigns not dropped out and gotten behind the unity candidate?

a lot of the other candidates convinced themselves they could easily ratfuck Biden and watch Bernie crash in the polls like in 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

poty posted:

if biden really finishes 4th, rip

he should be used to it at this point

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i think i just had a stroke

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I predict that Bernie will win handily tonight, but also that there won't be any meltdowns even close to what we saw when kopala dropped out.

I disagree about the lack of meltdowns. It might cause the Dems to remove Iowa's first-in-the-nation status because it's not diverse enough

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

i think i just had a stroke

that’s why it’s called the stranger

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Spime Wrangler posted:

will the needle-dimensionality track with realignment in realtime?

Imagine four needles on the edge of an escalator

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

LegoMan posted:

Imagine four needles on the edge of an escalator

:yeshaha:

i've never paid attention to the mechanics of primary voting until today and phew let me tell you...

its loving hilarious

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ArmZ posted:

:yeshaha:

i've never paid attention to the mechanics of primary voting until today and phew let me tell you...

its loving hilarious

All but three states just have normal primaries.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
bernie

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

I disagree about the lack of meltdowns. It might cause the Dems to remove Iowa's first-in-the-nation status because it's not diverse enough

I don't see how that's going to happen since Bernie's gonna win Iowa in November.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1224418590385786880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017