Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
for anyone thinking about voting for joe biden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KsPIJK17uk

snypa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

NØ Jœ

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Over Easy posted:

I will never vote for Joe Biden

Never.

:corona:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm going to vote for Bernie this November regardless of who is on the ballot.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will never ever ever ever ever cast a vote for Joe Biden

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
gently caress that old bitch

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Joe Biden? No, bye then!

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

gently caress joe Biden

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i, gene hackman fan, will under no circumstances whatsoever, cast a vote for the absolute demented scumbag joseph robinette biden

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I will not vote for Joe Biden in November 2020. I will write in Bernie's name if I have to. I'm tired of being yanked around by the DNC and being forced to choose "the lesser of two evils." We shouldn't have to do that when we have a perfect candidate able to help the masses in this dumb-rear end country, SCOTUS judges be damned. If the DNC is adamant about putting a milquetoast sundowner in office to maintain their terrible status quo, we need to be adamant about our own needs as well. Not me, us.

I'm so sick of the manipulative bullshit and all these boomers. I can't believe Biden is suddenly doing so well after how terribly his campaign has gone so far.

I'm not settling.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I will vote for joe biden when he says one coherent sentence expressing an understanding of any troubles of people below 50.

I will never vote for joe biden

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Istvun posted:

I will vote for joe biden when he says one coherent sentence expressing an understanding of any troubles of people below 50.

I will never vote for joe biden

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

oh hey there this is a neat thread

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I will never vote for joe biden.

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to vote for Biden either. Even if he still had all of his mental faculties (and it's clear he does not) I don't want to help perpetuate the idea that "incremental progress" centrists are the only electable candidates. As other posters have pointed out, we're already a decade behind on taking sufficient action to address the most pressing crisis facing humanity- climate change. Even potential actions that could lessen the estimated impacts will become necessarily more severe (and thus more radical and hard to implement) for every four years we have to wait so I see some incentive in discouraging do-nothing centrism now.

I know that if Trump is reelected it will cause suffering and even death to vulnerable people, though precedent indicates this will still be true to a lesser extent with centrist Democrats in power. It also worries me that Democrats chose to continue down this path even after the same strategy failed miserably in 2016. This time the centrist candidate they've chosen is arguably even weaker, though voters then seemed to have an inexplicable burning hatred for Hillary (which I now share, after this primary). As it is, outside of some crazy Malthusian coronavirus scenario, this is the only narrow path I see that could possibly allow us to effectively address climate change.

I'll probably still vote for Senator Astronaut, even though he endorsed Biden. Unfortunately there's a zero percent chance of electing even a moderate Representative or local officials in my city/district, but at least I can do my best to contribute there. Also, I'd like no ice in the Diet Coke and make the fries animal-style, please.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Jewel Repetition posted:

Downticket races have less symbolic importance than the presidency, more material importance, and unlike the presidency might actually be won. Accelerationism is bad and doesn't work. Please vote downticket. Withholding there isn't necessary for Dems to get the message.

my incumbent dem rep is a republican who switched parties because he stopped winning as a republican. no thanks

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
joe biden is offering me one thing, and that's the penalty for not being able to afford health insurance.

that's literally the only thing that would change for me under a biden presidency lmao

like how is that even a thing haha, who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Even if I get the bad mumps and Dr Biden has the cure I will cough laugh on his bloody scrubs. Only Dr Bernie can cure me. Hep me Dr Bernie hep me.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
somebody quick, make a gang tag

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lightning Knight posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
For real, what ideals, if any, does Biden stand for?

-Does he support any sort of healthcare plan?
-Is he anti-abortion and for women's right?
-Does he support or push for any sort of climate change action?

I'm being shouted down by dipshits about "losing the right to call yourself a progressive if you're willing to hurt those less fortunate than you in order to protect your purist vote", yet when I ask people to explain how Biden aligns with THEIR supposed progressive views, it's crickets.

like, what the gently caress does Biden actually stand for

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Downticket races have less symbolic importance than the presidency, more material importance, and unlike the presidency might actually be won. Accelerationism is bad and doesn't work. Please vote downticket. Withholding there isn't necessary for Dems to get the message.

I will only be voting downticket for dems who deserve it

living in ilhan’s district is good for this

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I was once dumb enough to join the Army. The Iraq war killed countless innocent people in the region, hosed me up, and eventually killed my brother. I will never vote for someone that championed the war and voted for it in the Senate. I didn't vote for Clinton and I sure as gently caress won't vote for another right wing dickhead with a melted brain.

I will not be voting for anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders. Ever.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

I'm being shouted down by dipshits about "losing the right to call yourself a progressive if you're willing to hurt those less fortunate than you in order to protect your purist vote", yet when I ask people to explain how Biden aligns with THEIR supposed progressive views, it's crickets.

well he wanted the wall to be 40 stories high not just 30 feet

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Louisgod posted:

Healthcare: We must build on Obamacare by increasing the income cap on the private marketplace for Silver Plans plans between 20 and 22 karats (Medium-large Generosity, Healing Factor 0.8) from 8.45% to 8.73 percent on all tax credits for all working families making below 110% of the federal poverty level.

Abortion: https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-abortion-hyde-amendment-497be3ef-bc98-482b-9ed2-28cf10a4f94b.html

Climate change: Has used the phrase "clean coal"

Malah
May 18, 2015

I will never forget Anita Hill and that bankruptcy bill. gently caress off, Joe Biden.

Louisgod posted:

Someone sat down with him for an hour interview and afterward asks themself this same question.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I will be voting for Bernie sanders in my states primary and in the general election

some_loser
Dec 9, 2000

SUPERCONDUCTOR

I will not vote for Joe Biden. I will be voting for Bernie Sanders.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Louisgod posted:

what the gently caress does biden even stand for

Returning to the 1970s

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Joe Biden is why I can't discharge my ludicrous student loan debt and I will never know financial security in my stress shortened life.
:toxx:

He's done hosed srudent loan holders.

:toxx: my rear end in a top hat.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
No way in hell im voting for joe biden. The content will be incredible though

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Nichael posted:

I'm a Delawarean who has never voted for Joe and never will.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/30330
I'm not in DE

Count me the gently caress in.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Mar 4, 2020

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mayor Dave posted:

Returning to the 1970s

it's very cool because some dumbass, when I asked what progressive things Biden stands for, sent me a link to how he pushed for marriage equality in 2012 at the behest of Obama, so I guess that's good but like, he has a lovely history with the LGBTQ community anyway.

these people are beyond being saved and I will never, ever vote Biden.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i am voting for bernie sanders in the general

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lightning Knight posted:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Jewel Repetition posted:

Healthcare: We must build on Obamacare by increasing the income cap on the private marketplace for Silver Plans plans between 20 and 22 karats (Medium-large Generosity, Healing Factor 0.8) from 8.45% to 8.73 percent on all tax credits for all working families making below 110% of the federal poverty level.

Abortion: https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-abortion-hyde-amendment-497be3ef-bc98-482b-9ed2-28cf10a4f94b.html

Climate change: Has used the phrase "clean coal"

Lmao just lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the american health care system is a grotesque nightmare that steals 68,000 lives and 450 billion dollars every single year. it's intolerable and anyone who wants to perpetuate it is objectively evil.

ask your dumb friends if they would vote for a democrat who promised to execute 68,000 poor people every single year on the "lesser evil" theory