Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KaptainKrunk posted:

120k confirmed deaths with the real number being around 150k seems about right to me. we've yet to peak case wise nationally, deaths lag, and reopening will certainly bump things up a bit so I would say we stick at our 30k a day plateau and 2k~ deaths per day throughout all of may.

for 2020 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

I want to mention that you shouldn't fear my new mod powers in matters of discussion

twoday posted:

I am going to try to reserve my mod powers for things that keep the forum running smoothly, like probing people who are spamming and derailing a thread and annoying everyone

:yikes:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

babypolis posted:

my worry is that the economic collpase will hurt a lot of people (and already is), potentially more than virus itself. but yeah its not really a situation where you can choose one over the other as pointed out before

i mean economic collapse isnt a force of nature. if people are dying from lack of resources its bc other people are forcibly denying them. covid-19 doesnt slaughter pigs or cause potatoes to spontaneously combust.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Actually it'll be 0. All future and previous deaths will be attributed to communism.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
fed gov is stockpiling cause they know poo poo is going ham when it comes back around

and only those who pay fealty to god emporium trump get a mask and a vent
:chaostrump:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
many states will likely never report accurate death totals (florida got caught red handed, it was national news, desantis still doesn't give a gently caress)

but i will submit

420,000 cumulative us deaths

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

If anyone knows any Smart Epidemiologists with predictions for May 31st please let me know

gently caress, i didn't see 169420 was already taken. i'll switch to 196420. 96 is like a 69 but rear end to rear end.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

euphronius posted:

for 2020 ?

lol, they mean for May.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

it's c-spam, you can shitpost and go off topic, post hot mess mom or whatever else you want, as long as the posters are happy IDGAF, I am basing these decisions on the number of complaints I see, not some personal opinion of how the forums "should be"

but also try to keep the mega derails to the trump thread please, people get annoyed when they happen elsewhere

also if you don't like what I'm saying or how I am modding poo poo, I am open to suggestions, please tell me

going back to shitposting now, thank you for listening

twoday has issued a correction as of 02:11 on May 1, 2020

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

babypolis posted:

my worry is that the economic collpase will hurt a lot of people (and already is), potentially more than virus itself. but yeah its not really a situation where you can choose one over the other as pointed out before

it's sort of like saying "the blood loss will hurt a lot, potentially more than the gunshot wound itself"

you cannot separate the virus from our response to it, they are one and the same

the difference is that while we cannot legislate viruses out of existence, we can pass bills that give money to people who need it

instead of we gave hundreds of billions away to rich grifters

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’ll weigh in at an even 200,000.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

deadly plague manufactured in china used by economic elites to push consolidation agenda

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Also doing 200k

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

If anyone knows any Smart Epidemiologists with predictions for May 31st please let me know

April 31st? fake loving news

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the original estimates of 500k to 1.7 million americans dead by the time this thing is over (18 months - 4 years) is probably right

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Egg Moron posted:

April 31st? fake loving news

This is a rare double leap year

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
My airport cab driver wanted to talk to me about fake covid numbers.

I was so happy to hear conspiracy theories about this global pandemic.

Life is good.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

is my guess

lmao

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Egg Moron posted:

deadly plague manufactured in china used by economic elites to push consolidation agenda

this timeline only makes sense if remdesivir was engineered to be their ambrosia and not a failed ebola drug reheated from the freezer

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I'm going to guess 220,000.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
i would like to place my wager at 138,314 deaths

thank you, will hang up and listen

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

twoday posted:

it's fine, we all have things to learn

also just as a general comment to everyone, I want to mention that you shouldn't fear my new mod powers in matters of discussion. Though I have the power to probe and ban people, I don't intend to use this against people who disagree with me about things. I enjoy arguing with people on the internet, and would rather do that than just silence my opponents. I am going to try to reserve my mod powers for things that keep the forum running smoothly, like probing people who are spamming and derailing a thread and annoying everyone. If you disagree with me, that's fine, go for it, live your best life.

*mid grovel* yes your highness, i will not fear you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

By the end of this the American government is going to declare war on China.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1255926382875508751

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1255994554920185856

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Current guesses:

edit: 106,969

Lpzie has issued a correction as of 02:15 on May 1, 2020

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Give me 200089 if we aren't doing duplicate entries.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

mycomancy posted:

Exponentials are a bitch my dude.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

elon musk going full Qanon is no surprise after pedogate

but you know what IS surprising...

where the gently caress is kanye west? shouldn't he be running his mouth off about how COVID is a hoax designed to hurt christian america? what gives

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Studio posted:

*mid grovel* yes your highness, i will not fear you

most excellent

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Indiana renewed the stay at home order so its gonna last til at least May 15th. Hooray

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Egg Moron posted:

did elon musk make his twitter av into JC denton because he's on some dumb poo poo about the illuminati/MJ12?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Also throwing in 696,969

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

COVID-420 posted:

elon musk going full Qanon is no surprise after pedogate

but you know what IS surprising...

where the gently caress is kanye west? shouldn't he be running his mouth off about how COVID is a hoax designed to hurt christian america? what gives

Ye is high in utah and won't hear the news until next year

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

elon is deffo illuminati while bill gates is deffo MJ12. elon's emerald riches origin story is extremely illuminati sounding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It’s gonna be May