Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

C'mon, Piss Scream! Maybe this guy knows where to find the primeatZ!

Giving the strange guy my Awe and Tricks spices, leaving me with one unit of Implications.
Screaming Piss at the Orbital Boneyard (+20 from spice): 1d100+20 39

Goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

• Rival Blue and Sliem ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...

• Balthazar Hemifinch and the Hroom ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Linolea and Hopping Blorpus ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Sid Nediuous and Spawnma ventured into the Gosh drat Blue and found...

• Shelby Turpentine and Meep ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Zyxsas and Cholmondely ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Lukachu and Sprocket ventured into the Gosh drat Blue and found...

• Zark Trimble and Heliogabalus ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...

• The Potentato and Scram ventured into the Zon Mills Shopping Facilty and FunZome and found...

• J.S. Intern and Horror #1 ventured into Caphraxas Vale and found...

• Poet and Burnette ventured into the Gosh drat Blue and found...

• Shebbly Finkus and The Screaming Pisser ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...
SZD-4 is getting pilfered rather more than a Secure Zone probably ought to be, but when the chance for strange treasures like Shelby Turpentine found exist, it's not hard to see why people throw their poor Horrors into it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and againand again and

By now some of the contestants were getting low on Spices! Luckily GGG had set up a handy replenisher! All they asked for was a tiiiny bit of blood! Or, you know, whatever the Horrors could spare.

As a free action, prior to other Gourmet Phase shenanigans, a Horror can offer up up to 3 units of any Stat (must be positive, naturally!) at once to get a chance to roll for Spices! Roll 1d6 and consult the following table.
code:
1 - Posh Spice 
2 - Scary Spice
3 - Baby Spice
4 - Sporty Spice
5 - Ginger Spice
6 - Spice of Choice
Each additional Stat unit offered past the first gives an additional reroll! So go on, give blood and season up your prizes! Here's a reminder in case it's Been A While since you last did this!

quote:

During Gourmet Phase, you may add one or more Horror Spices to any Ingredient you’ve turned up during Hunt Phase. If it’s of a like kind as the Ingredient, add +1 to the Stat Bonus. If it’s of a different kind, roll 1d6 and beat the magnitude of the Stat Bonus. A 6 always wins. If successful, the Ingredient’s kind changes to match the spice, and add +2 to the effect. This can be done multiple times - you can boost an Awe Ingredient with an Awe Spice for +1, then convert it to Implications for +2, then convert it to Bits for another +2, leaving you with a highly spiced Bits Ingredient with at least +5. This is a great way to spice up some lackluster Ingredients, but if you fail, you end up with a Ruined Ingredient. Now, you can still feed this to your Horror, but they might react poorly to it!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Drifting amidst the sea of detritus cluttering the Beermurder Quadrangle, a rare and curious creature approaches a storm-ravaged fishing vessel. A youth pops over the railings, hailing it, and drawing it closer.

"Oh. Wow! Have you ever seen something so beautiful! So amazing! It's like it's trying to commu-"

*MLEM* *MMMM!*

"Aw! I wasn't done taking picts of its soul-touching light displays, Spawnma!"

Spawnma consumes Cygnus-IV Nonapod. When they finally return from their harrowing trip (some less harrowed than others), Sid Just Says No To Spices.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Inventory:

Met: Used as a distraction:

Linolea sloops on the couch, looking quite harrowed.
Tell me now. Was it worth it, really?
She switches the walls to a nice aquatic background. The blorpus gnilfers behind the couch.

----

- All right!

- Just in time. I see the good stuff is going fast.

Spending 3 red on spices: 1d6 2

- That's not right.

Linolea gives the machine a kick.

rerolling!: 1d6 2

- Come ooooon!

Linolea tilts and shakes the dispenser violently. Hopping Blorpus wobbles in the extraction nook.

final reroll, no scary spice this time!!: 1d6 6

Free Choice! I'm taking a Baby Spice(Yellow)

I'm feeding the Moodpeckgredient to the blorpus.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Spices: -/-/G/Y/-

Consume D-88 posted:

You are a worm through time.
The thunder song distorts you.
Happiness comes.
White pearls, but yellow and red in the eye.
Through a mirror, inverted is made right.
Leave your insides by the door.
Push the fingers through the surface into the wet.
You’ve always been the new you.
You want this to be true.
We stand around while you dream.
You can almost hear our words but you forget.

Sacrifice +1 Blue for Spice Roll: 1d6 3 +1 Baby Spice (Y)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

No positive stats.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

The trip to the Skinshifter pop-up store went horribly. They wouldn't budge on the price for the Calorie Clown mask, so we betrayed them to the mutant horde manifesting outside. As a reward, the mutant warlords gave us an extra hour in the Ball Pit. We prudently decided to stay only five minutes.

Spice the Ball Pit Nugget with Posh Spice, feed it to SCRAM and Omny for +2 Tricks, +3 Attitude

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lukachu
Spices: 1 -> 2x Baby Spice

"See, Sprocket? It's just nothing but a teeming mass of sea... pod... lettes. You scoop the podlettes up with a strainer and then you fry 'em up with, um, Baby Spice... like, a LOT of Baby Spice. We might need to get more..."

> Spend 1 Bits: Spices are the Spice of Life: 1d6 6 - Any Spice: +1 Baby Spice to Lukachu, -1 Bits to Sprocket!
> 2 Baby Spice applied to convert each -1 Stat to +1 Tricks: 2#1d6 4 4 - 2 Baby Spice spent cooking the -1's into +1 Tricks each! +2 Tricks total to Sprocket!

"There you go, Sprocket! Now, wasn't that a meal, hey? All right - all done! That sure was fast..."

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

The Hroom

"Abase yourself before the sky throne Hroomy. A piece of heaven has fallen and we must offer red atonement."

Tickled blue: 1d9 9

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 3, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Poet

How
Urgently
Not
Getting
Edibles
Reinstates

Pains

Not eating

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"Hmm, what's this Pissing Screamer? Some kind of retro thing? Let's take it down to the local Librarium (by EduMAXX)!

- - -

"I don't get it. You want to eat this? It's a bit, uh, small, but I guess you'll never shine if you don't glow. Let me go get something else from the fridge for you, I could use some fuel myself." Shebbly returned from the fridge bearing a carton, and attempted to feed its contents to the Screaming Pisser along with the sound disc.

"Come on, Scream Piss, eat the Egges™. Fine then, just the disc! Ugh, I might as well be walking on the sun with you."

Sacrificing 1 yellow for a spice
Spice Roll: 1d6 6 +1 Posh Spice!
Spice the CD with Ginger Spice: 1d6 5
Spice the CD with Scary Spice: 1d6 1 the CD, much like the egges are too spicy

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Oh Muscle Gosh, Hee! Look at all those coins! I know hypergold is worthless, but look how cool it is -- is that an @? Like from paleo-mail? Wow!"

"... is it okay if I keep one? I promise, you can have the rest."

Feeding O'Lon's Bounty to Heliogabalus! No messing with Spice, 's all good.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Just Some Intern

"Seems... edible? Eat it, I guess?"

Consuming Ground Egg, no spice

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

No spice, just eat it raw!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Things were getting pretty drat wacky. Just look at these crazy monsters now! Some of them were super cool! Others... less so!

Beautiful! Or at very least, interesting!

Time was running out! Time to get buff! Or, given the previous few days, time to harm yourselves while pursuing physical fitness!
  • Lucky Lats - Roll any even-numbered die, from d4 to d20, after picking your Lucky Number! Gain bonuses to your chosen Stat according to the following table, and see changes to torso on success on double-digit die rolls:
    code:
    d4	d6	d8	d10	d12	d14	d16	d18	d20
    1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
  • Rocket Reps - Roll 1d2. On a 2, gain +1 to the chosen Stat... or repeat, gaining a cumulative +1 on another 2. Repeat until satisfied or a 1 is rolled, losing everything! High success will see changes to legs.
  • Peeper Perspiration - Roll a number and type of dice according to the following table, and gain a bonus to your chosen Stat equivalent to every number in a set; however, take a penalty equivalent to every number in a non-set. High success will see changes to eyes and head.
    code:
    2	3	4	5	6
    d2	d4	d6	d8	d10	
  • Daredevil Dumbbells - Roll 1d4. On a 4, gain +1 to the chosen stat. On a 1, take -1 to the chosen stat. On a 2 or 3, roll again, increasing the magnitude of gain or loss by 1. High success or failure will see changes to the arms.
  • Lounging Lumbar - Gain 1 to to stat of your choice. Chance to gain a bigger tummy.

”Example Train Phase” posted:

My name is Mash Getchum and, uh, things are going totally great for me and Lukachew. Totally great!
So, uh, Lukachew, get going on that Peeper Perspiration and train up your Implications!
Roll 6d10 = 1,2,3,4,4,10
Set of 2 4's (+2), Non-Set of 4 (-4) = -2 to Implications
Ohhhhh no!

That’s it! It’s easy as 1-2-Ɛ!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 12, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lukachu

"Oh, okay, so you thought that was a mostly bland and boring meal, did you Sprocket? That's fine."

"Well, how do you think I feel? How can I turn that grumbly frown of yours upside down? I know - how about we do some Daredevil Dumbbells!"

Daredevil Dumbbells (Attitude): 5#1d4 2 1 1 4 3 - Oh no, NO, Sprocket that's not how you lift them! -2 Attitude to Sprocket (4 -> 2)!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Lucky Lats [TN:20. Yellow/Tricks]: 1d20 16 Nope

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Inventory:

- We are in the final moments before the show.

- Lets get you in top shape, I have a good feeling about this one!

ROCKET REPS, TRICK's: 1d2 2

+1!

REPEAT ROCKET REPETITIONS!: 1d2 1

FAILURE!

- Oh no.

Linolea grabs a staple gun and affixes the leg back onto the blorpus.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Daredevil Dumbbells for attitude roll twice keep lowest: 2#1d4 2 1

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Let's Get AWEsome! Lucky Lats 1d20 TN: 15: 1d20 13

Nope!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

"Aw... close, but no ZigR, Spawnma! Still, that was way better than I'd have done!" soothed Sid Nedious, as Spawma slumped after the eighteen rep out of twenty.

Lucky 1d20 Implications!: 1d20 18

charms
Oct 14, 2012

SCRAM's legs continue to recede into vestigal flaps. Looks like Omny is going to half to take over locomotion as well. Which one is the parasite again?

Awe by Lucky Lats (TN: 7): 1d10 = 3

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Poet

Oh, I wish Burnette were an Pretty Peeper Horror
That is what I truly wish it to be
Cause if it were a Pretty Peeper Horror
Everyone would be in fear
Oh everyone would be in fear
Everyone would be in fear of me

Peeper Perspirate (Yellow): 6d10 34
[6d10=1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 8]

+2 (8s), -4 (others). Total of -2 Yellow

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Just Some Intern

"Same old, same old..."

Lounging Lumbar for +1 Bits

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The Hroom

"Oh no. Oh no, Hroomy. Maybe your favorite exercise will make you feel better."

Peeper Perspiration to Implications: 6#1d10 2 5 8 1 6 5 -2!

*sobbing* Y-yeah, you're doing great Hroom. *retching*

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 14, 2020

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"I don't know what that shiny disc thing did to you, but you look like some kind of jacked up old person now."

Peeper Perspiration (Implications): 6#1d10 8 4 6 5 6 7

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 18, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Training took its toll on the Horrors, and look at them now!

Soon. So soon, they could almost taste it. Soon they would be victorious in the Horror Carnival and win... wait, what were they competing for again?

This is it, folks - the last day. Make it count; get as beautiful - or terrible - as you can before the CARNIVAL! Oh, and there's this weird guy here who says for a total of 5 Stat points he'll give you the chance to go to TWO locations! Simply give him the stuff, roll 2 on a 1d2 and you're golden!

Of course, if you roll a 1 you're out of luck AND Stat points, but he seems trustworthy. Right?
  • Caphraxas Vale - Ah, the beautiful plains of Cygnus-IV's largest and least-populated continent. Since the Crisis wiped out most of the population some years back, the Vale has largely been reclaimed by nature. A wide variety of plants and animals can be found here, as well as a few other surprises from the old days. [Stats: BITS/IMPLICATION Danger Level: LOW]
  • Zon Mills Shopping Facilty and FunZome - There's nothing more depressing than a rundown old mall, and this is more rundown than most. Despite their boast that 7% of its stores are still operational, most of this place is eerie, grimy storage units and whatever wildlife managed to eke out a living here. Come for the bargains, stay for the mutant underclass that imprisons you for breeding stock! [Stats: TRICKS/ATTITUDE Danger Level: LOW]
  • Haunted Waste - Oh, it's not haunted. Ghosts aren't real. Named after Jedward D. Haunted, Cygnus-IV's last proper Governor, the Waste is a polluted mess of garbage and old munitions. Great if your Horror needs Iron in their diet! [Stats: ATTITUDE/AWE Danger Level: MEDIUM]
  • Orbital Boneyard - The smashed together remains of the O’Lon Treasure Fleet of One, orbital defenses, and a very unfortunate and ill-advised Zon entertainment station. In the decades since, its just gotten worse. Watch out for Skyfalls! [Stats: IMPLICATIONS/TRICKS Danger Level: MEDIUM]
  • The Gosh drat Blue - The largest body of water in Cygnus-IV, it has resisted both attempts at commercial fishing and at the imposition of an official name. The Blue is deep and dark, and even the rampant pollution of the old days did little but make it mad. A great vacation spot! [Stats: AWE/BITS Danger Level: HIGH]
  • Secure Zone Delta-4 - Do not go to SZD-4. There is nothing there. [Stats: ALL/ADDITIONAL SHENANIGANS Danger Level: DO NOT GO TO SZD-4]

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Poet

Hold fast to horrors
For if horrors die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to horrors
For when horrors go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with fear.

Secure Zone Delta-4.... What's the worst that could happen?: 1d100 59

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

The Hroom (lack of timg is intentional; gaze upon him)

A fine deal!
Risk 5 Implications: 1d2 2
Success.
The Gosh drat Blue: 1d100 97
So far so good.
Secure Zone Delta-4: 1d100 38
Ah.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Inventory:

- well, I'm feeling tired. Lets go have some fun little guy.

FunZome FunTour: 1d100 40

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lukachu

"Oh, um ... Sorry, mister weird guy. I don't have any money, and Sprocket is my ticket out of here!"

"..."

"Sorry Sprocket, that guy was a little spooky, wasn't he? I know, let's calm our nerves by going back to the Jedward D. Haunted Wastefill - there's always something neat over there!"

Sprocket vs Haunted Waste: 1d100 60 - 'Atta boy, Sprocket, bring it over here!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Sounds too good to be true! I'll accept!"

The ever-trusting Sid Nedious proferred Spawnma to the weirdly flowing gentleman, despite the Horror's own protestations.

Offering 1 Attitude, 1 Bits and 3 Tricks!: 1d2 1 Whoops!

Then the slightly-chewed on Sid Nedious took Spawnma on a trip to one of her favorite hunting grounds as an apology.

Time to go back to the bone zone!

Back again, again, to the Boneyards!: 1d100 41

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Don't have the stats to risk.

Secure Zone Delta-4: 1d100 88

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"I know we've been taking it kind of easy, but that's not so bad, huh? Wasn't Caphraxas Vale pretty? I think we should go back and relax before... um, whatever's going to happen next.

"... Don't give me that look! I really don't know what's going to happen any better than you do, Hee. I promise."

Hunting in Caphraxas Vale: 1d100 35

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Just Some Intern

"Once more, into the Vale..."

Caphraxas Vale: 1d100 45

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"Come oooooooon, Purple Guy, just look at him! He's full of vitae or whatever!"

Orbital Boneyard: 1d100 61

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Once more into the blue!

...or maybe not. The pit balls encrusted onto SCRAM seem to be acting as a garishly colored flotation aid. Looks like that career as an aquatic predator is not going to happen.

The Gosh drat Blue 1d100 = 27

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Sacrifice 2 Green and 3 Blue: 1d2 2 Golden
Haunted Waste Visit 1: 1d100 28
Haunted Waste Visit 2: 1d100 52

"Can you hear them Meep? They're calling out to us. Such anguish... I hope the buffet isn't out of those tiny sandwiches. We'd better hurry."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Let's go to the haunted wastes one last time!: 1d100 43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Creepy demon helper or not, the trainers and their Horrors went out into the world and sought sustenance!
  • Poet and Burnette ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Balthazar Hemifinch and the Hroom ventured into the Gosh drat Blue and... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Linolea and Hopping Blorpus ventured intoZon Mills Shopping Facilty and FunZome and found...

• Lukachu and Sprocket ventured into the Haunted Waste and found...

• Sid Nediuous and Spawnma ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...

• Zyxsas and Cholmondely ventured into... gulp... ventured into Secure Zone Delta-4 and found...

• Zark Trimble and Heliogabalus ventured into the Caphraxas Vale and found...

• J.S. Intern and Horror #1 ventured into Caphraxas Vale and found...

• Shebbly Finkus and The Screaming Pisser ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...

• The Potentato and Scram ventured into the Gosh drat Blue and found...

• Shelby Turpentine and Meep ventured into the Haunted Waste and found...

• Rival Blue and Sliem ventured into the Orbital Boneyard and found...

As the trainers beheld their final Ingredient(s), perhaps they flashed back on all the adventures they had thus far. Perhaps they dreamed of victory in the Horror Carnival. Or perhaps they were just eager to see if their hungry beastie would really eat the latest piece of garbage they found! At any rate, this close to the Carnival itself the other trainers were hanging around the area, bearing their own ingredients. If any last minute trades were wanted, this would be the place to find them! This final round, Ingredients may be traded between players if they wish, for other Ingredients or Spices as desired! As a final reminder on how to do this whole thing, see below!

quote:

During Gourmet Phase, you may add one or more Horror Spices to any Ingredient you’ve turned up during Hunt Phase. If it’s of a like kind as the Ingredient, add +1 to the Stat Bonus. If it’s of a different kind, roll 1d6 and beat the magnitude of the Stat Bonus. A 6 always wins. If successful, the Ingredient’s kind changes to match the spice, and add +2 to the effect. This can be done multiple times - you can boost an Awe Ingredient with an Awe Spice for +1, then convert it to Implications for +2, then convert it to Bits for another +2, leaving you with a highly spiced Bits Ingredient with at least +5. This is a great way to spice up some lackluster Ingredients, but if you fail, you end up with a Ruined Ingredient. Now, you can still feed this to your Horror, but they might react poorly to it!