Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Apparently Valador has now demoted all the other guys in their alliance that had any semblance of power? This just keeps getting better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adustust
May 7, 2004

FDGF_UK posted:

We need to all just get along and work together to be a big happy community! #BeeLivesMatter

Queen bees fight to the death, Skex was a lovely queen bee and can eat poo poo.

Norsca
Aug 17, 2020

One Eternity Later
Mate, I got a massive headache from Valador Announcements, and he made a Discord Server, and Corp for Goons but is saying Goons are terrorist and everything is wrong because of Goons...
Valador has to be the biggest hypocrite and pretender I know!!

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

No one wants to hear it because everyone likes SonBanana. And I absolutely do too. For a while, besides Pharnakes, he was the only one in leadership who seemed to really be doing anything visible. His fleets were fun and he was good at leading them. Also that beautiful german voice. But he spent a real long time and energy licking boot.

Out of everyone in old leadership who wasn't directly responsible for the lifeboat (now replacement) he's by far the one I would trust the most, no question. His SA post history is suspect too, but I know that because he admitted it when poo poo started coming out, and to be honest I'm not sure if anyone has gone to verify that. Because like, fine, admitting poo poo like that easily puts you ahead of everyone else we were dealing with. He also listened to us and seemed to actually give a poo poo.

All of that is true and valid and should be taken into consideration. But because he's got arguably the most charisma of anyone on the old team, everyone wants to forget just how much he was licking boots. He just came into the discord all "ehhh gently caress you guys I'm ready for my spankings" and people were like "lol that's a cool way to handle it" I guess? But literally the last thing I heard out of his mouth before that (via chat logs from old discord) was how much of a nice guy val was, and how he was ok with him being supreme leader.

Super hosed! come on!

Alligator Tower fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 26, 2020

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Just chill about it. It's all going to be over in a few days, and we'll be back to super laid back ratting. I get people are pissed about anyone who defended val but at this point they are all abandoning him. It's working itself out.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Any Goons listening. Do not join Valadors corps, you will regret it. Who cares if he is an actual pubbie, who cares if he skims isk to pay for his accounts, who even cares that he is a proven liar. All of this is a side show to the fact he thinks by virtue of signing up to the game first and taking the GoonFleet name he has the right to tell us all what to do. He has been USELESS as a CEO and is power hungry despot at heart... almost every active and productive Goon with any sort of clout has ditched his rear end to form GROON.

For those of you left who arent sure. This is a sunk cost fallacy in action. Leave now while you actually still enjoy the game. Whatever you have made can be remade in a better environment. We dont hate you or the pubbies you play with, we just wont go along with having an insane prick as our unappointed leader. If you are a goon you know this is not how it works.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
Even those of us with zero clout have jumped ship. Val is a megalomaniac, I am eating popcorn and listening to all his rants on discord. It doesn't get any better than this. Long live the Greater Goon.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Has anyone recorded the meltdowns? I would love to hear them. I got to see none of the drama in the original corp as I was the first person kicked.

Do we have a link to the fireside too?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Has anyone recorded the meltdowns? I would love to hear them. I got to see none of the drama in the original corp as I was the first person kicked.

Do we have a link to the fireside too?

Here’s the fireside chat. There’s a second part but it’s just members talking

https://soundcloud.com/zaepho/eveechos-greater-goon-fireside-20200825/s-8Qz6itycjHZ

Edit: Yes this is from the new corp just in case that wasn't clear. Perfectly transparent communication.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 26, 2020

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

MarcusSA posted:

Here’s the fireside chat. There’s a second part but it’s just members talking

https://soundcloud.com/zaepho/eveechos-greater-goon-fireside-20200825/s-8Qz6itycjHZ

This is not from Valadors crop, this is our new sane corp... just in case :P

Tbh Valador only came on discord voice randomly for 5 minute intervals to shout at everyone so it was hard to record him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:fireman:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ah,

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Yup their discord is something else...

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Context: old discord, before Valador woke up.

[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:03 AM
Whelp I got demoted :man_shrugging:
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:05 AM
So I worked my rear end off and defended Valador till the end just for him to turn on me and picture me a bad guy
Uhum
24/7 work
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:06 AM
Haven't seen him around here
Or ingame
And I still want to stay
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:08 AM
Tell this to Valador then
Tell him who bitched 24/7 ingame to make his dreams come true!
Tell him who threw himself in front of the angry mob to defend his rear end!
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:08 AM
Skex got demoted
Silmerias got demoted
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:09 AM
Erev bailed the ship
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:19 AM
Listen
Valador is not stealing anything!
He is not doing this to enrich himself
He is just not able to take criticism and sees himself as the Supreme leader
And he is
He always was and I was good with it
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:20 AM
But it is clear to me that he is disconnected from his playerbase
He is a good person
And I loving like him so much
And the others wronged him!
But his attitude drives everything against the wall and makes me be but his slave
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:22 AM
And I am not going to slave anymore
I don't know what to do
But I will not be a slave anymore
[GOON] SonBananaToday at 5:24 AM
But I am done now
I am tired
And sad as gently caress

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"
I really hope Banana comes and flies with us, he is a great FC and Valoder doesn't deserve him.

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

He’s a nice guy but he’s still trying his best to talk up valador. It’s weird, and frankly pretty off putting in my opinion.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Venerable Monk posted:

You either knew this and still defended him to the death, in which case you are a terrible person... or more charitably it took you far too long to realize who was right and who was wrong, in which case your judgment is extremely questionable and you are not to be trusted anywhere near a position of leadership.

I suppose speaking my reasoning doesn't go against my decision to pull away and leave both groups to do their thing.

First up, the initial choice of Valador fell on me. By the end of Beta 1 I was burnt out and turned to our little 40-50 man corp and sought new leadership. Three people stepped forward. One had been trying the whole time to schmooze on up and get his buddies on leadership and obviously was not to be trusted. One spent the whole beta bitching the entire world should be red at all times. The last candidate was Valador. Given the options and information I had, I feel I made the best decision that I could with the information I then had.

I skipped Open Beta but the news I had heard from the Discord still seemed good and the group still seemed small. There were plans being made to draw in more people during live (such as free Omega for big producers) that I kept half an ear to but mostly I was happy sitting on the Discord and otherwise being retired from leadership. I was asked to stay on in a sort of advisory/odd jobs role and agreed to that - it really couldn't be that hard, could it?

My first real big mistake came around launch. I handed ownership of the Discord over when Valador asked because, as of that point, no murmurs of discontent had really reached me. This was, in part, because I was buried in books and papers as I dealt with both a project and a final for my Statistics course. I only really returned when the tax returned to 40%.

It was a little confusing seeing people take a 40% tax rate so hard. Most my time spent playing with Goons usually saw mass centralization and distribution of resources (PnW did this, so did our small ATITD group). Certainly, that it had been abruptly raised seemed like a communication SNAFU, but nothing like what should get the pot simmering.

When the actual protests of things broke out, I stepped forward trying to figure out what was happening and why and to offer what information I had.

Some of what I was hearing was strange - to my initial knowledge Valador had played EVE and sold his accounts. The amount of time he'd spent in PL was unknown to me.

Some of it seemed like complete fabrication made by angry Goons (and some of it, I suspect was if only through the growing of tales). I did not (and still do not) believe he was laundering isk or plex for RMT. The corp wallet seemed to be drawn to a consistant amount which makes sense for a character banking (though the lack of tools Echoes has for third parties to keep track of it is worrying). I knew there was an idea to reward active players - miners, ratters, and such with the occasional free Omega month as a thank you but that seemed a long ways off. The claims he'd steal items and cash simply seemed absurd.

There were, however, other claims that I did worry about. The lack of communication was one that I thought I could tackle directly, only to more and more realize that Valador was rarely around, even in leadership chat. The bans were also nerve rattling - having just returned I had no real context for any of it and did not wish to judge, but the lack of discussion among leadership was chilling. The concerns about the lack of distribution of power sort of loomed ominously at this time but there was nothing Leadership nor Cat Herder could do.

By the time I had gathered Goons for the first talk I very much figured it was an ugly but fixable occasion. Better communication, a system that led to review before bans, and getting Valador to actually talk to people and account for what was going on was the goal - and might have been the end of it for most Goons. But then Valador came in in a state I'd never seen him in before - all anger and 'gently caress all that does not go my way'. This rattled me deeply and that specter of the lack of the keys to anything loomed ever bigger. I could, as someone that had been uncerimonously booted from leadership in another game, understand the anger but it also was certainly not a productive way forward.

Things managed to get into a state of waiting... I wrote up a list of reforms. Valador struck one and approved the rest before having to run for family business. He struck, you guessed it, seperation of powers. In turn I tried to limit that to make sure he wouldn't try to expand it beyond the immediate Goon guilds and figured that we (Council and Cat Herders) would keep working towards decentralization when he felt less under attack. I took the first couple setup steps towards the new ban adjudication system and, finally, lunch.

I was heartened to see some of those banned back at the start of the second meeting and was, for all of five minutes, hopeful. I was called out on the decentralization, which was fair but I really didn't want to say 'it's a work in progress and we have no leverage'. Thankfully some of you said it for me. Then the whole thing was called a sham as, suddenly, people had been banned again.

I had no idea what the hell was going on there. I went to check logs - but could not access any as Cat Herder, nor could I ban. I asked a Council member to try but they too could not. Thankfully I was saved by other people (Son?) stepping up to talk and I had a look. Cat Herder and Council both were fairly neutered of high end permissions - I sent Ames screenshots of this. It also meant there was only one person who could have done tue rebanning - the same dude that legit just signed off on the plan to not just ban people without a hearing. I was pissed about this beyond words but was still hoping the situation might be salvaged and that I could 'what the hell' loud enough to be understood.

I went silent for most the rest of the second meeting. I was pissed - he had inflamed things that were looking to mend during the first meeting I set up and made me look like a drat lying fool the second. When Valador came in during the second meeting I'm not going to lie, I just sort of went blank. His entire speech was the opposite of what needed to be done to salvage things, each response a fresh fall of the ax. While, no, I didn't trust Phar and his strongest backers I at this point also gave up on the long term prospects of GSE.

After it was all said and done... there were a surprising number of people about though. Yes, many had left but more had stayed and I did want to play with my friends. I didn't really have the energy to think things through so I decided to go to bed.

I awoke feeling hopeful for some misguided reason. Perhaps if I kept the communication bridge open and people were blue we could get people to flow to the alliance that best suited them. It could save goons in delve!

I saw that I had been promoted from Cat Herder to Council while I slept but I also noticed while we were promised full permissions what we really got was audit log permission. ... Not great. Still, I had my early morning delusion that I might be able to salvage things. I had to try, since I foinded this flaming wreck, right? I saw GSE leadership talks about blue among council, but nothing from Valador. Still... it seemed promising. Time to hop over to the Liferaft.

Folks were surprisingly pleasant, even knowing I was there just to try to keep communication open. There were a couple more rowdy sorts but, well, Goons. There was also this weird 'So, what's it like to be PL alliance?' over and over again which I immediately ascribed to people taking the 'Valador is PL' slogan to a new level and I was a little miffed. Then someone showed me a screencap of there being an actual alliance. There had been nothing that I saw in GSE Lead chat about this. This was the stupidest thing one could possibly do considering the current allegations. What the actual hell?

It was about then the Groon Temporary Council got me settled - you lot were great about that and I thank you again. For better or worse it went quiet soon after, allowing me to jump into GSE Lead with a fresh batch of 'what the hell' as well as my first notice that most everyone who had stayed initally left (presumably when PL got blued and the prophecy fulfilled).

GSE leadership that was on came to a fairly wide agreement that there was one option to salvage the situation - immediate decentralization and talks with Groon to try to keep things livable. Eventually Valador was back and a voice leader meeting happened. He had, according to him, been up most the night trying to reassure allies and the like - which I certainly suspect was true. He had, he claimed, pulled in PL to bolster numbers and because it was run by a Goon. He also cut that alliance then and there (no idea if it got reinstated). Talks were brought up about blueing Groon, he was against it. By the time the talk came to decentralization I was looking at the Discord again - everyone I cared to fight for was gone almost. I'd put myself on the line multiple times trying to help and been trampled. It wasn't the sort of organization I'd put up with unless I had a commitment. Since it seemed I no longer had one, I bailed as Valador initially said he would not decentralize (I hear he later agreed?)

I decided a couple things then - that I didn't really trust either group (though Groon gets major props for the return of the corp assets). I also decided I wanted to avoid Goon drama of this level - depression and anxiety are a bitch and I have no need to inflame them. I decided that I'd go back to what I initially wanted to do and focus on industry and production - I could be there providing at cost ships for my Goon friends no matter where they fell in the fallout.

So, thats my way too long story. My memory is poo poo so if something is out of order please yell at me. I tried to do the best I could to keep things together or, at least, with folks on talking terms. That doesn't mean I made the right choices however. I pushed my agenda in GSE Lead trying to force through fixes people weren't talking quickly enough about, I stalled for time in the hopes that I could affect change, I passed out screenshots relavent to the point Ames was vocally questioning. Some of that stuff was wrong, and it is up to you folks to decide for yourself whether those wrongs were justified by good intent.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you in space - or whatever game comes next.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

I'll take the honestly good advice to chill about this after this post I promise.

I'm beating the "be suspicious of banana" drum only because I don't see enough other people being suspicious. And Pharnakes outright with no qualifiers saying he trusts him. To be clear that's totally fair on Pharn's part and I'm not trying to stir up anything there, I just feel the need to call out sketchy when I see it. Happy to play with the guy I just want us to be aware of what we're getting into.

If he's still saying that about Valador, to me, that means he still gives a poo poo about what Valador thinks. And in my mind that makes him potentially compromised. The absolute last thing I'll say is just imagine this headline.

"Goons hosed over by J4G in first week. Six months later, they're hosed over by the right hand of that J4G, another J4G, who they accepted with open arms."

I'm not crazy for thinking this is funny enough to be possible. I've made my case and I'll shut up, stop calling him an idiot to his face and fly with him from here on out.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Erev posted:

I bailed as Valador initially said he would not decentralize (I hear he later agreed?)

I decided a couple things then - that I didn't really trust either group (though Groon gets major props for the return of the corp assets). I also decided I wanted to avoid Goon drama of this level - depression and anxiety are a bitch and I have no need to inflame them. I decided that I'd go back to what I initially wanted to do and focus on industry and production - I could be there providing at cost ships for my Goon friends no matter where they fell in the fallout.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you in space - or whatever game comes next.

He agreed then apparently went back on it pushing SonBanana to stop defending him. Its in this thread somewhere.

Also do not kill yourself mentally over this game. I have to give you props for trying so hard to keep things going even if I think you are a bloody fool for sticking by Valador this long with all the red flags.

In any case you may not trust us, but I am sure 95% of Groon would welcome you in to play in whatever capacity you wanted (though probably not leadership eh). You were doing your job trying to keep a meltdown from happening and you were respectful to everyone throughout.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Norsca posted:

Mate, I got a massive headache from Valador Announcements, and he made a Discord Server, and Corp for Goons but is saying Goons are terrorist and everything is wrong because of Goons...
Valador has to be the biggest hypocrite and pretender I know!!

Yes, fellow Joe GOON, it is a headache! If you send a contract to me with all off your stuff we'll make sure you will get set up in our new GROO space!

Norsca
Aug 17, 2020

One Eternity Later
You Know how bad Valadors leadership is when KF Decides to ditch and splinter yet again all because of his announcements which are just pure outbursts of anger, literally nothing he says is constructive or beneficial to anyone

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Just want to remind everyone that the game is 2 weeks old...none of what was built can't be replaced easily.

Goonswarm wants nothing to do with this game, and taking that branding was arrogant at best. This is a time for us to forge a new identity, and when goonswarm decides to come to the game, we can welcome them.

There is literally no reason to have an alliance this early in the game. PvP is barely a thing, you can't aggress in highsec even if you're at war. This is a time to build, get people into ships, and figure out what the best mechanics are, not force people into doing poo poo just because we did it in Eve O.

Nullsec isn't profitable, there's no reason to go there besides planetary resources being 300% what it is in high sec...but that's not a problem because people have like 20 alts.

Come join the game to chill and have fun, and when there's a need to go to nullsec we will find some good space and rip it out of pubbies mouths with our poo poo posting.

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
Is it Valadors fault the servers are down all morning

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This whole thing is wild.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

VideoGames posted:

This whole thing is wild.

Eve Echoes Goons are speed running this poo poo. Gonna accidently abandon our own sov by week 3.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

kingcom posted:

Eve Echoes Goons are speed running this poo poo. Gonna accidently abandon our own sov by week 3.

I swear to god we are going to get sov implemented early, claim, and then lose it on purpose just to say we did.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I haven't played EO in over a decade, but the whole philosophy of GoonFleet was to give goons a place to play Eve.

Like, it's not more complicated than that. I have no idea how someone hosed that up so badly.

Anyway, looking forward to playing internet spaceships again. Mobile gaming is way easier when you have a family.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 26, 2020

The Man
Jun 17, 2008

the other hand posted:

Is it Valadors fault the servers are down all morning

Valador cried, servers died

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

life comes at you fast

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

The best part of eve has always been the drama, the game stuff is just a nice bonus

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

I swear to god we are going to get sov implemented early, claim, and then lose it on purpose just to say we did.

I am down for having sov in Delve then losing it, getting Dekklein sov and losing it too before moving back and claiming Delve again. Let’s get this speed run underway, chop chop guys this needs to be done within a week.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Venerable Monk posted:

Honestly man, we spent hours trying to explain this to you, SonBanana, Erev, etc.
It was very clear that the guy is a narcissist and a terrible leader.

You either knew this and still defended him to the death, in which case you are a terrible person... or more charitably it took you far too long to realize who was right and who was wrong, in which case your judgment is extremely questionable and you are not to be trusted anywhere near a position of leadership.

This is basically my position regarding all previous leadership including SonBanana, who I view charitably. I'm willing to give the very few that did communicate the benefit of the doubt. The rest, nope.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bad Parenting posted:

The best part of eve has always been the drama, the game stuff is just a nice bonus

This drama mostly happened without anything in game happening

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

pixaal posted:

This drama mostly happened without anything in game happening

Yeah like people were just ratting away as all this happened, it's incredible. It's why there was a period of "oh god, GROO please don't shoot GOON" because we knew that if someone wasn't paying attention to the forums or 'scord, they wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dox023 posted:

I am down for having sov in Delve then losing it, getting Dekklein sov and losing it too before moving back and claiming Delve again. Let’s get this speed run underway, chop chop guys this needs to be done within a week.

We gotta start in detorid to fulfill the prophecy

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

They screwed the pooch so bad on maint today we get 50k skill points and 5k more for every hour it goes past 1600 UTC. Wheeeee!

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
This maintenance extension is at least allowing me to be productive today. Quick 50000 SP.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I haven't played EO in over a decade, but the whole philosophy of GoonFleet was to give goons a place to play Eve.

Like, it's not more complicated than that. I have no idea how someone hosed that up so badly.

Anyway, looking forward to playing internet spaceships again. Mobile gaming is way easier when you have a family.

He wanted us to be his own little farming army I think (I mean he has replaced us with Chinese and Brazilian corps apparently). Likely so he could sell the isk etc. He HAD to be the leader of every corp (even ones already set up), he HAD to be sole controlled of hangers, he HAD to be the only one with full permissions on discord. No he doesnt have to explain tax hikes, what money goes on (beyond we need a second alliance to fill with renters... even though there is no sov yet) or say in who gets to join the alliance. If you dont like it gently caress off because Ive played since alpha and I logged in first and have the Goonfleet name. I mean we had to earn his trust but he expected ours........

It all totally backfired and even his most ardent supporters are leaving to form a new corp because he eventually turned on them too - demoted them and locked them out of everything so he could have about a few billion isk of parts etc...

Hes a loving clownshoe and its pretty funny.

MY INEVITABLE DEBT
Apr 21, 2011
I am lonely and spend most of my time on 4Chan talking about the superiority of BBC porn.

Venerable Monk posted:

Honestly man, we spent hours trying to explain this to you, SonBanana, Erev, etc.
It was very clear that the guy is a narcissist and a terrible leader.

it's this. gently caress skex, gently caress erev, gently caress every single one of them. they are all the absolute dumbest loving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Erev and Skex both with the long winded posts.

I've stated it before (just yesterday) and I'll state it again - I smell poo poo. When I smell a little poo poo, that means there's some larger amount of poop smeared somewhere that I'm not seeing. It's safe to assume. You gotta wash everything away, clean, and ensure you rid yourselves of the poo poo.