Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
YouTube breaks my ad blocker every so often and I'm barraged with ads about "manscaping" and grammar apps. The grammar app makes sense because I cant write worth a drat, but I don't think I've ever searched for "dude razors" or whatever they're called. Never seen a Trump ad at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't think that's correct.

Control only has that second part. Metro has the 3rd.

https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/rtx-global-illumination-part-i/

I haven't seen any examples of Control showing off the effects of ray-traced GI, which you'd think they would if they'd done it. Metro has that video demonstrating it clearly doing amazing lighting things in real-time. Control's RTX demo just shows fancy SSAO.

Here's control's video to compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kic-QDmS_Yw

Maybe they just didn't bother demoing it, but... IDK. Metro looks better to me. Control just feels more like what Battlefield did.

what do you think indirect diffuse lighting is

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stux posted:

what do you think indirect diffuse lighting is

how do you think RTX works

That quote I posted from nvidia themselves clearly draws a distinction between rendering full global illumination light bounces off surfaces versus just handling the last bounce diffusion with ray-tracing.

There's a lot of different algorithms and ways to split rendering raster and ray-traced hybrid images here stux.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
the difficulty spikes in control are bullshit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Push button and graphics go brrrrrrrrrr

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

That quote I posted from nvidia themselves clearly draws a distinction between rendering full global illumination light bounces off surfaces versus just handling the last bounce diffusion with ray-tracing.

There's a lot of different algorithms and ways to split rendering raster and ray-traced hybrid images here stux.

how are you consistently the stupidest person on this forum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

seriously just reread what you quoted and take more than two seconds to process the words you are looking at

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wish they hadn't jumped up the numbers so quickly. It took forever to get to the 1000 series and now they go from 1000 to 2000 to 3000 within the space of two years. This isn't viable long term and they should rethink it before they risk hitting 10,000 and running out of space on the side of the card.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

stev posted:

I wish they hadn't jumped up the numbers so quickly. It took forever to get to the 1000 series and now they go from 1000 to 2000 to 3000 within the space of two years. This isn't viable long term and they should rethink it before they risk hitting 10,000 and running out of space on the side of the card.

bigger cards!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hatty posted:

YouTube breaks my ad blocker every so often and I'm barraged with ads about "manscaping" and grammar apps. The grammar app makes sense because I cant write worth a drat, but I don't think I've ever searched for "dude razors" or whatever they're called. Never seen a Trump ad at least.

Those are default ads that go everywhere.

I get a weekly manscaping ad on one of my podcasts that's personally read by the hosts and targeted at the country I live in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Switch to using K numbers, it's cooler

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnN4lSLAf6E

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

Nvidia is doing every 2 years for a new generation I think. But in-between are newer more powerful versions. Like last year saw a few beefed up versions of the 2070 and 2080, but those base models released in 2018.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1300891503280226304

In the next-gen, there are no long-load times for our National Guard.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

the number + "Ti" system is not great, imo

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What

I'm beyond confused. Is GameSpot pushing this for any reason at all that isn't being paid by the National Guard to do so?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The National Guard didn't learn anything from the Army

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Codeacious posted:

What

I'm beyond confused. Is GameSpot pushing this for any reason at all that isn't being paid by the National Guard to do so?

Nah its definitely just promotional.

The Staff Sergeant has a real "hello fellow kids!" vibe

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

The National Guard didn't learn anything from the Army

They learned that congress won't stop them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Codeacious posted:

What

This was the tweet that preceded that one if it doesn't show up alongside it:

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1300889917283737601

So yes they got an injection of MILITARY CASH basically.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

hatty posted:

You can turn off personalized ads, which means YouTube will try to serve you localized ads, from advertisers that want to sell things to people in your area. That would probably mean Trump propaganda for North-American IPs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1300891503280226304

I forgot Gamespot even existed.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Well, the video tweet got deleted, but not the one with the link to the National Guard recruitment page.

Lol. Someone is doing a very poor job.

EDIT: Both are gone, now... still, lol. Tonedeaf idiocy.

(Adding back the original, for preservation)

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 1, 2020

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stux posted:

use an ad blocker why wouod you not be blocking ads

Almost all of my youtube watching is done on a phone/console/app of some kind.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

OP you forgot tony hawk pro skater remaster that comes out this Friday. I for one am STOKED to be grinding on some railings again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LionArcher posted:

OP you forgot tony hawk pro skater remaster that comes out this Friday. I for one am STOKED to be grinding on some railings again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

The last HD tony hawk remaster was awful, so I hope this is good. I miss THPS and put in the old PS2 version once in awhile as the sequels kinda got off the path. We need that preserved on PC.

I would kill to have SSX Tricky / SSX 3 remastered on PC, or better yet a new SSX that is good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm having choice paralysis, give me a CK3 start

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

uninstall.exe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

warlock

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The demo for Tony Hawk has been out for a couple weeks and reception has been pretty universally positive.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

For some reason they keep ignoring Tony Hawk 3 so I'm less interested.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

1+2 has all the mechanics from 3 at least so i'm guessing they'll probably get to it eventually

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

hatty posted:

I just had a conversation today about how Youtube has no idea who I am or what I'm into. Today I got an ad for fertility counseling.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

STR/FAI, Great Club Lightning Weapon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

1+2 has all the mechanics from 3 at least so i'm guessing they'll probably get to it eventually

Tony has said if 1+2 does well enough, he'd like to also do 3 and 4.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

France

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I send ads to google just to show them who is boss

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Someone posted a list of games they'd beaten this year and I'm thinking about mine and I think my list might be Persona 5 Royal and Nexomon.

What have I been DOING all year????

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Someone posted a list of games they'd beaten this year and I'm thinking about mine and I think my list might be Persona 5 Royal and Nexomon.

What have I been DOING all year????

posting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
OK, I guess the Avenger game is good

https://twitter.com/KeychainCollect/status/1300946561631952898?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

STR/FAI, Great Club Lightning Weapon

STR, you say?

Seems doable, faith build also makes sense with the Zealous trait