Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lindsey Graham in full cya mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

Lindsey Graham in full cya mode

I like to think this wasn't in the wrong thread and you're making a joke about Doug Pederson.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I like to think this wasn't in the wrong thread and you're making a joke about Doug Pederson.

dammit

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's not just me
:sickos:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Hot take: Zach Thomas wasn’t very good

Was Zach Thomas the one that lead the team in tackles before he left and when asked the coach said "whoever replaces him will lead the team in tackles too" and he was right?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's not just me
:sickos:
at least he didn't edit it with "e: wrong thread!" like a bitch :twisted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

I guess if you, ya know, ignore the mental part of defense. He was Peyton Manning level of defensive audibles and was even recognized as such by the man himself.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd be pretty loving happy (and I guess I am as a Chiefs fan) with John Ross as the 5th best passing option

He was the #56 overall pick, so nah not at all

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Amy Pole Her posted:

I guess if you, ya know, ignore the mental part of defense. He was Peyton Manning level of defensive audibles and was even recognized as such by the man himself.

Peyton Manning also said Adam Gase was one of the best offensive minds he’s ever worked with and got him the HC job with Miami so he might not be the best judge of character.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Peyton Manning also said Adam Gase was one of the best offensive minds he’s ever worked with and got him the HC job with Miami so he might not be the best judge of character.

Character or ability? Is Gase a garbage human being or just a poor head coach?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Is Gase a garbage human being or just a poor head coach?

By all accounts yes?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Character or ability? Is Gase a garbage human being or just a poor head coach?

Porque no los dos?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

you are right

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

That was chris Johnson and the Jets. So whiff there.

And it’s not really a comparable situation. One was his friend and coach. The other was a direct competitor that he randomly brought up when he was discussing his most notable opponents at linebacker. Whiff number two.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jason Taylor was the true great player of those defenses and deservedly went in as a first ballot

Zach Thomas was a dude who had to play like 6 yards away from the LoS just to be able to see what was happening in any given play

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 7, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Amy Pole Her posted:

That was chris Johnson and the Jets. So whiff there.

And it’s not really a comparable situation. One was his friend and coach. The other was a direct competitor that he randomly brought up when he was discussing his most notable opponents at linebacker. Whiff number two.

Your entire argument is a whiff. Zach Thomas looked and had the physical abilities of a hobbit, he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame because Peyton Manning complimented him one time lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Zach Thomas wouldn't make a practice squad today

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Metapod posted:

Zach Thomas wouldn't make a practice squad today

well sure, he's 47. that's way too old to be in the nfl

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Your entire argument is a whiff. Zach Thomas looked and had the physical abilities of a hobbit, he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame because Peyton Manning complimented him one time lol

Why not? It got Adam Gase two head coaching jobs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I don't know much about Zach Thomas but five 1st team all-pros is past the normal HoF threshold

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

HEY, I'll have you know that hobbits are quite physically resilient when forced into action :colbert: Zachwise Gamthomas bows to no one.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

No, you’re right, the anecdote isn’t evidence enough. And it wasn’t presented as such. He belongs there because of the impact he had on the game wrt to MLBs calling defensive audibles and as well as the playing awards he won. Hell be a late ballot but he definitely belongs.

Yikes haven’t seen a ram collapse like this since November 11th! Don’t you dare insult our hobbit you son of a bitch

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 7, 2021

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Mystic Stylez posted:

Zach Thomas was a dude who had to play like 6 yards away from the LoS just to be able to see what was happening in any given play

:rolleyes: stout haflings get infravison up to 20 yards

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

go back to making fun of urlacher

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who's the least deserving (player) inductee of the last twenty years?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Willie McGinnest

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Terrell Davis

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1347246354968563712

lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Chris Hanburger
Lynn Swann
Andre Tippett

Take your pick. I'd say Dan Dierdorf just based on how much I loving detested him as a broadcaster, but he doesn't belong there as a player either. Didn't start until his 2nd or 3rd season, made a handful of Pro Bowls, wasn't transcendent as a player in any other way.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
edit: It was for a GM position not a coach! I'm a fool again!!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns had another positive today. No practice all week and the head coach is out. The shithousing is going to be amazing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The only thing I remember about Zach Thomas is that his sister was married to Jason Taylor at one point

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zach Thomas story time.

He used to gently caress around and call audibles for the defense in practice. Nick Saban told him to stop, but Zach kept doing it just to piss Saban off.

Eventually Saban lost it, went onto the field and told Zach to "shut the gently caress up".

Zach then screamed at Saban, "I'm a grown rear end man. You shut the gently caress up Nick. I'll kick your rear end you ever say that to me again."

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

Zach Thomas story time.

He used to gently caress around and call audibles for the defense in practice. Nick Saban told him to stop, but Zach kept doing it just to piss Saban off.

Eventually Saban lost it, went onto the field and told Zach to "shut the gently caress up".

Zach then screamed at Saban, "I'm a grown rear end man. You shut the gently caress up Nick. I'll kick your rear end you ever say that to me again."

lol

Put him in the hall

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Zach Thomas story time.

lol

Miami's bullying problem has deep roots.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Zach Thomas story time.

lol
He was traded that season too wasn't he? Makes sense why if he was.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Zach Thomas story time.

lol

Okay. He belongs in the HoF.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nick Jr. Face posted:

He was traded that season too wasn't he? Makes sense why if he was.

Nah, he was traded by Parcells in 2008 when they were blowing up the team after Cam Cameron.

I can't find it at the moment, but I recall an article years ago about how apparently how during Zach Thomas' peak years, Miami was known for basically crediting him with a tackle or assist anytime a defender went down within five yards of him. They, and also Baltimore during the Ray Lewis years, were giving out a ton more tackles to their players than other teams. On the other side a few teams were known for being a lot more stringent with crediting tackles or assists, I recall the then-St. Louis Rams and Seattle being specifically mentioned where their guys were getting credited for lot less.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Nah, he was traded by Parcells in 2008 when they were blowing up the team after Cam Cameron.

I can't find it at the moment, but I recall an article years ago about how apparently how during Zach Thomas' peak years, Miami was known for basically crediting him with a tackle or assist anytime a defender went down within five yards of him. They, and also Baltimore during the Ray Lewis years, were giving out a ton more tackles to their players than other teams. On the other side a few teams were known for being a lot more stringent with crediting tackles or assists, I recall the then-St. Louis Rams and Seattle being specifically mentioned where their guys were getting credited for lot less.

Yeah, tackles are assigned by the home team, and certain teams went comically overboard, which is why if you add up tackle numbers for teams, you'd see some would have hundreds more then other teams. It's where the Ray Lewis got 15 assists for jumping on the pile 2 seconds after the play ends stuff came from.

The good Zach Thomas story I have is from that Cam Cameron season where he cut Keith Traylor, some long time vet the game before the end of the season, and when Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas heard about it, they cornered Cameron on the flight and just screamed at him the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

GD_American posted:

Chris Hanburger
Lynn Swann
Andre Tippett

Take your pick. I'd say Dan Dierdorf just based on how much I loving detested him as a broadcaster, but he doesn't belong there as a player either. Didn't start until his 2nd or 3rd season, made a handful of Pro Bowls, wasn't transcendent as a player in any other way.

It was a trick question. The answer is any Steeler.