Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Xander77 posted:

Last time I asked, I was heavily recommended not to buy anything off AliExpress. Did it suddenly become more reliable over the last two years?

I do work on this computer, but it's basically all word and wordpress, nothing that meaningfully taxes its capabilities. The slowest program involved is outlook.

Ostensibly, this is a gaming PC, but I barely had time to play twenty games over the past year (and half of them were literally Diner Dash clones). I re-prioritized a slight down upgrade (i.e, finally installing windows 10 \ getting an SSD that would allow me to do so) upon being unable to play the Rome Total War remaster.

The most taxing games that I might play soon - Mankind Divided, rear end Creed Origins, Yakuza Kiwami. The highlights of 3 4 years ago. Don't particularly care about Ultra lux graphics.

You might want to pick up a used i7 like a 4790, the extra threads will help out a lot and they shouldn't be too expensive.

And upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kunabomber posted:

And upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM
Oops. I did do that since 2019. Copy-pasted without thinking.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Xander77 posted:

The thread recommended I pick up a GTX 1660 TI as a replacement back in 2019 - is that still the default cost-conscious option? The steam thread recommended a Ryzen card?
I'm guessing a 2 terabyte SSD would be a decent compromise, no need to go out of my way for a 4 TB? Also, there are SATA and NVME SSD drives, apparently?

There's a lot going on here. You didn't really give any budget so I don't know what you're aiming for particularly but I'll try to give you some advice.

Ryzens are CPUs not GPUs. You'd need a new motherboard, CPU and DDR4 RAM at a minimum to get one, although given the age of your system you are due a full rebuild soon. If you do go that route then the best low/midrange CPU at the moment is the Intel 11400, with the midrange and higher option being the Ryzen 5600x.

SATA and NVMe SSDs are basically equivalent in price now so there's little point to getting a much slower and physically larger SATA drive. The 1TB SN550 NVMe from Western Digital is the standard thread recommendation for price/performance. A 2TB NVMe drive would cost you around ~$200 (or whatever the equivalent is in whichever market you buy it from) and is probably more storage than you need (although I have one in my system because I quickly used 1TB, but that's because I've a bunch of huge recent games installed on there). Also you really need to check your motherboard to make sure you even have an M.2 slot, which is where the NVMe SSD would go. I did a quick google and it looks like there are LGA 1150 boards which had them, so maybe you're good.

GPU wise the market is totally hosed so good luck there. Idk if they're even producing the 1660 series cards anymore, although one at MSRP would be good for your needs.

You almost certainly need to replace your PSU soon too.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah, that's why I suggested the 4790, it's a decent upgrade without breaking the bank, and I don't know how tight his money situation is - if he's thinking 1660 Ti I wouldn't expect a complete system re-build is in the cards. Just the CPU upgrade alone with a 1660 Ti should let him play most modern games at or near 1080p60 on medium-high settings.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
hrm, here's a question for y'all

here's my current setup

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($119.50 @ MemoryC)
Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($131.91 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart RGB 700 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($78.98 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $916.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-17 13:15 EDT-0400

more or less, i think - there are some loose 128 gig SSDs occupying the spare SATA slots but none i'm attached to.

i've got a birthday comin' up, and people are asking me what to buy. if i was going to upgrade what's worth pursuing? i'm keeping my eyes out for a swap for like a 3600 or 5600, i could add two more sticks of ram or buy higher quality than the 3000 overclocked to 3200 in there. in terms of cooling i don't have any problems. i have spare lil baby pci slots but i think they're under the 3070?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Swap out that CPU for sure. See if your board supports the 5600 first, a 3600 is fine if not. Nothing else looks like a must-upgrade.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Swap out that CPU for sure. See if your board supports the 5600 first, a 3600 is fine if not. Nothing else looks like a must-upgrade.

it's possible upgrade, all b450s are or at least should be, and i'd have the 3300x chip spare to do the procedure, wouldn't i? that's how i understood it anyway.

i have seen £140 3600s, and i've on rare occasions seen 5600s for £200-225 - probably will see some in response to prime day. to be fair though i'm sure if two more cores are going to do very much in gaming scenarios in particular, the 3300x is legit a great lil chip. i'd really only need to justify it if i had some productivity use case and i don't of current. it's also the most expensive upgrade - another 16 gig ram kit would be, 60ish? and going to 32 via two higher quality 16 gig sticks would be about £140, i think.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

CoolCab posted:

hrm, here's a question for y'all

here's my current setup

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($119.50 @ MemoryC)
Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($131.91 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart RGB 700 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($78.98 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell S2721DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $916.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-17 13:15 EDT-0400

more or less, i think - there are some loose 128 gig SSDs occupying the spare SATA slots but none i'm attached to.

i've got a birthday comin' up, and people are asking me what to buy. if i was going to upgrade what's worth pursuing? i'm keeping my eyes out for a swap for like a 3600 or 5600, i could add two more sticks of ram or buy higher quality than the 3000 overclocked to 3200 in there. in terms of cooling i don't have any problems. i have spare lil baby pci slots but i think they're under the 3070?

Upgrading to a 5600X will give you a noticeable increase in gaming performance, if you can upgrade (a 3600 would be more of a side-grade). Going to 3600 CL 16 RAM might get you single-digit fps increases. Honestly though, with that 3070 your system is already blessed.
:angel:

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Upgrading to a 5600X will give you a noticeable increase in gaming performance, if you can upgrade (a 3600 would be more of a side-grade). Going to 3600 CL 16 RAM might get you single-digit fps increases. Honestly though, with that 3070 your system is already blessed.
:angel:

At 1440p I’m not expecting a very large FPS increase here.

CoolCab, is your CPU maxing out in any task you’re performing (including games)? If it’s not maxing out, you’re unlikely to see anything worth the spend out of upgrading to a 5600x. 1080p would be a different story.

Everyone’s priorities are different. But for me, I’d either want cash to save for a bigger rebuild, or more SSD space as that can always carry over.

There’s also other stuff like a nice mouse, keyboard, desk chair, a second monitor or monitor arms.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

CoolCab posted:

it's possible upgrade, all b450s are or at least should be, and i'd have the 3300x chip spare to do the procedure, wouldn't i? that's how i understood it anyway.

i have seen £140 3600s, and i've on rare occasions seen 5600s for £200-225 - probably will see some in response to prime day. to be fair though i'm sure if two more cores are going to do very much in gaming scenarios in particular, the 3300x is legit a great lil chip. i'd really only need to justify it if i had some productivity use case and i don't of current. it's also the most expensive upgrade - another 16 gig ram kit would be, 60ish? and going to 32 via two higher quality 16 gig sticks would be about £140, i think.

B450 support of Zen3 is down to the board manufacturer.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

At 1440p I’m not expecting a very large FPS increase here.

CoolCab, is your CPU maxing out in any task you’re performing (including games)? If it’s not maxing out, you’re unlikely to see anything worth the spend out of upgrading to a 5600x. 1080p would be a different story.

yeah it's very well paired at this resolution but it's still mostly a GPU bottleneck, and this was more GPU than I'd typically buy. honestly if the market wasn't bananas of current and we could actually buy at advertised prices i'd be recommending a 3300x and 3060ti/3070 pairing as a mid tier gaming machine by default (over 1080p). i've been very happy with the price/performance.

quote:

Everyone’s priorities are different. But for me, I’d either want cash to save for a bigger rebuild, or more SSD space as that can always carry over.

There’s also other stuff like a nice mouse, keyboard, desk chair, a second monitor or monitor arms.
yeah i was thinking storage, if i saw a nice 2tb or so sata ssd that would be tempting. i do have three monitors actually, i had that before i finalized this rig - loving gigantic when taking notes on a zoom call for instance. because i had to take all my classes remotely all the money that would have gone into, idk bus fares, shoes and socialization went into upgrades this previous year. same with chair and mouse.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

B450 support of Zen3 is down to the board manufacturer.

ah, appreciate the heads up, a quick googling looks like i'd be okay.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scruff McGruff posted:

turns out it was actually bad RAM causing the problem.

I suppose that's the weak link in my system, I bought some cheaper ram and it's also the only thing overclocked, but I've had zero stability issues you typically get when the ram is clocked wrong or failing. Likely is just the programs though, games be weird like that on certain hardware sometimes.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Had my IT buddy at work come up with something, wanted to run by for a second opinion. I have a 2080 ready to drop into it. Basically my current computer has an i7-920 in it and contemporary everything. Started with a gtx 470, was gifted an old 660ti and then an old 1080. Looking to maybe play the new battlefield, Diablo 4, etc with it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($204.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($91.90 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA B5 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $758.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-17 16:29 EDT-0400

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 17, 2021

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Target Practice posted:

Had my IT buddy at work come up with something, wanted to run by for a second opinion. I have a 2080 ready to drop into it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($204.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($91.90 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA B5 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $758.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-17 16:29 EDT-0400

Get a windows key on sa mart for basically free and I wonder how much the next step up is for cpu? 6c/12t is fine but 8/16 might match the 2080 a bit more if you play a lot of multithreaded games.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

I suppose that's the weak link in my system, I bought some cheaper ram and it's also the only thing overclocked, but I've had zero stability issues you typically get when the ram is clocked wrong or failing. Likely is just the programs though, games be weird like that on certain hardware sometimes.

Should be pretty easy to pull down the clock, test, and readd the clock if needed. A clock that's stable enough to run windows could easily be unstable enough to cause issues like this.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Target Practice posted:

Had my IT buddy at work come up with something, wanted to run by for a second opinion. I have a 2080 ready to drop into it. Basically my current computer has an i7-920 in it and contemporary everything. Started with a gtx 470, was gifted an old 660ti and then an old 1080. Looking to maybe play the new battlefield, Diablo 4, etc with it.

The Intel 11400 is a better CPU for cheaper than the 3600, or you could step up to the 5600x. I'd be wary of spending that little on a motherboard, it'll work but it's very bare bones. Don't spend $130 on a 500gb NVMe when you can get a 1tb SN550 for cheaper that's functionally the same performance wise. I'd want to get a slightly beefier (600W+) Gold rated PSU if I were you. And as the other poster said, get a windows key in SA mart for $15.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

The Intel 11400 is a better CPU for cheaper than the 3600, or you could step up to the 5600x. I'd be wary of spending that little on a motherboard, it'll work but it's very bare bones. Don't spend $130 on a 500gb NVMe when you can get a 1tb SN550 for cheaper that's functionally the same performance wise. I'd want to get a slightly beefier (600W+) Gold rated PSU if I were you. And as the other poster said, get a windows key in SA mart for $15.

Good advice.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Should be pretty easy to pull down the clock, test, and readd the clock if needed. A clock that's stable enough to run windows could easily be unstable enough to cause issues like this.

fair enough I'll do some testing with it factory clocked.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Are SSD/NVMEs at risk of becoming super rare in the future like GPUs due to Ethereum or is that thought not justified?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Are SSD/NVMEs at risk of becoming super rare in the future like GPUs due to Ethereum or is that thought not justified?

It’s due to chia and it’s already starting.

If it’ll continue no one knows (it probably will)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

punk rebel ecks posted:

If chia becomes a mainstream crypto, all storage becomes gpu rare.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

It’s due to chia and it’s already starting.

If it’ll continue no one knows (it probably will)

I semi-panic-bought* a 2TB SN550 back at the end of April for $225 because of this Chia crap, but it looks like it's still in stock for the same price:
https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS200T2B0C

Everyone panic-buy these now before all of us panic-buying these causes the price to go up and stock to disappear

* I say semi because I've actually had to uninstall a couple of games these past 12 months to install new games. I'm imagining install sizes aren't getting any smaller for AAA titles

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It started to jump up a bit when chia was announced but it doesn’t seem to have spiked the same way GPUs have. The only things I’ve seen get noticeably harder to find are high capacity HDDs, SSD prices don’t seem to have moved much.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I'm looking at a 6800XT, but when I go to user benchmark, it's generally showing the 3700 to have better FPS performance (which I know is an arbitrary benchmark). Could someone explain more what the extra $150 gets you in a 6800XT? Is it better performance in complex lighting?

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
The short answer is "don't use userbenchmark"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

User Benchmark is the site that has a notorious hate boner for AMD right?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Yup.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So then what's the advantage? Also, I remember in AMD's stage demo awhile back they mentioned that streaming had less impact on the performance of the 3000 series than Nvidia's offerings. Is this true, and does it apply (presumably) to Steam streaming?

I might use Steam home streaming from my PC to my TV on occasion, or through something like Parsec.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

It's a faster / more fps card, though it doesn't support DLSS. Userbenchmark is so bad they've been banned from multiple hardware subreddits for their anti-AMD bias, notably including r/Intel. Look at proper reviews on places like Gamers Nexus, guru3d, tomshardware, etc. for part comparisons, they'll have comparative graphs.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

So then what's the advantage? Also, I remember in AMD's stage demo awhile back they mentioned that streaming had less impact on the performance of the 3000 series than Nvidia's offerings. Is this true, and does it apply (presumably) to Steam streaming?

I might use Steam home streaming from my PC to my TV on occasion, or through something like Parsec.

Have a look at the charts on an actually reputable site and flush userbenchmark down the toilet where it belongs.

The 6800XT is a much faster card than the 3070 in straight framerates (it was released to compete with the 3080, and beats it in some games) but is significantly worse when it comes to ray tracing and not having DLSS. Nvidia's cards have a better suite of AI features designed to help streamers but I don't know how those relate to Steam streaming.

OP can we get a giant flashing banner somewhere in the first posts telling people not to use userbenchmark because it's dogshit?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 18, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Have a look at the charts on an actually reputable site and flush userbenchmark down the toilet where it belongs.

The 6800XT is a much faster card than the 3070 in straight framerates (it was released to compete with the 3080, and beats it in some games) but is significantly worse when it comes to ray tracing and not having DLSS. Nvidia's cards have a better suite of AI features designed to help streamers but I don't know how those relate to Steam streaming.

OP can we get a giant flashing banner somewhere in the first posts telling people not to use userbenchmark because it's dogshit?

Lol sure. I'll add it eventually.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Just need a quick sanity check that this isn't going to explode when I slap it together or if people have quick suggestions about swapping a particular part out for another. Been wanting to upgrade an old i7-6700k setup and decided to go for broke with new most everything. Retaining a 2060RTX that may get replaced with a 3080 in the year 2029 when GPUs aren't functionally extinct.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($183.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($224.99 @ Western Digital)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1072.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-18 14:20 EDT-0400

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Looks good.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Something about getting affirmation makes pushing the "buy" button a little easier, thank you. Now to await their arrival and pray my cats don't try to eat the thermal paste when I build this thing.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

kw0134 posted:

Something about getting affirmation makes pushing the "buy" button a little easier, thank you. Now to await their arrival and pray my cats don't try to eat the thermal paste when I build this thing.

You don’t want to cool your cats by a couple degrees?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

kw0134 posted:

That and avoid getting cat hair between the cooler and the processor.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

stoicheian posted:

Hello, I am looking for a computer to play games on very high settings primarily plugged into a big OLED tv, though I may get a fancy monitor in the near future. Sounds like I need to buy prebuilt to get a newer GPU, but in very uncertain about build/part quality for different companies.

I was looking at this. Any thoughts?
Corsair prebuilt

I mostly settled in this because it is in stock and seems to come from a reasonably professional company. My budget is quite flexible. Any major red flags? Any suggestions for other systems to look at?

Promised a review so here's a quick one now that I've gotten to play around with it. It was packed really nice and it'd be pretty difficult for it to be damaged in shipping I think. The actual computer is very neat and compact and seems well built. It also looks quite nice and has all your RGB needs (not my thing but can be turned off easily enough), with real good cable management and it was easy enough to add in an additional HDD. The 3070 included in mine was a Gigabyte if that makes a difference to you. Temps are very, very steady 60s and below even with PBO bringing the 5600x up to a 4600ish clock rate. The only non-Microsoft bloatware included is a Corsair diagnostics app and iCUE for handling RGB stuff. It's also dead silent despite having 6 fans, but I imagine the airflow is quite good because it's a very effective space heater.

It's a bit of a premium even over other prebuilts but seems like it's pretty fantastic quality so I'd definitely recommend it (if you are going to pay the premium to get a prebuilt already).

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
This is a weird question, but I already have a 2080 I can drop into whatever system. Is there a pre-built option where I can select a "no gpu" option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Target Practice posted:

This is a weird question, but I already have a 2080 I can drop into whatever system. Is there a pre-built option where I can select a "no gpu" option?

What's wrong with buying the pre-built and selling the GPU? It's not like it'll be difficult to get rid of.

Edit: or just use the GPU and sell the 2080, if the GPU is at or above the level of a 2080.