Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wear glasses, hadn't gone in for a few years because my prescription had been pretty steady for a long time, but I finally noticed my right eye wasn't as good as my left even with my glasses on. New prescription, new glasses, right eye still sucked. So I went and got a second opinion.

Turns out if one eye can't focus well it just sort of gives the gently caress up on it?? With the new lens I could make it focus properly with conscious effort but on its own it was basically freeloading in my eye socket while the left did all the work. The new optometrist said the focusing muscles would get their poo poo back together in six months, and nine months later that seems to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

'cause

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dixville posted:

The air thing checks the pressure in your eyes. So it can tell if you have glaucoma. Yeah it feels really weird.

There's actually a newer device my LASIK surgeon used, it was like a tiny handheld thing that they put over your eye and there's a tiny ball on a stick that presses against your eye to check for pressure by tapping on your eye. It sounds loving horrific but you actually can't feel it at all.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
That just goes back to the physical contact way they used to do, although presumably in a less-horrible form.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i need tricks for how to put in contacts without my eyelids just going crazy no matter how much i try to pull them back

e: managed to get it, main thing was to hold the lens in position for a second or so instead of pull back too fast or swipe to the side

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 3, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I can see all. Yes, even you. Sitting there in the dark all grody and fat like a slob. You should be ashamed of yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Booyah- posted:

i need tricks for how to put in contacts without my eyelids just going crazy no matter how much i try to pull them back

I gave up on contacts. My eyes just hate them and refuse to go along.

Even if I got them in, my eyes might just spit one out at any moment. Usually a bad moment. And then they're all dirty and ruined