Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lollontee posted:

he killed himself within an hour of hearing he lost the court case on domestic violence against his former wife

lmao, all that tweet how he couldn't wait to ship off his lazy Thot "drama queen" wife to Canada via a deportation order and finally get custody of the kids from the marriage.

As we all know that SA forum Mods don't exactly have the best record in babysitting kids especially if they are TVIV mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Anyway, RIP to Lowtax, who was manipulated into closing FYAD by a moderator on this forum who scammed a gaming PC out of several posters

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

I hope his family is fine. I also hope before he died he tried to reconcile with them. We wouldnt have this site without him. Hell a lot of the internet wouldnt be the internet without him.

He shot himself immediately after a judge forced him to discover that his delusion of being the real victim did not reflect reality.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

sd6 posted:

Well poo poo. RIP I guess

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

His kids will be better off with him dead

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zegermans posted:

He shot himself immediately after a judge forced him to discover that his delusion of being the real victim did not reflect reality.

The last tweet sure was a way to go out

-Rejoicing over his future full proof legal victory / can't wait to see her deported
-Implied that his wife was "hiding out" at women's shelter to gain sympathy/support the phony version of her story
-Rejoicing over his future victory despite how the above raised big red flags for any relationship

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

3500 a month in spousal support seems like a lot of money

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terror Sweat posted:

he wouldve had to sell the GT. truly, american justice is perverse

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

I wonder how they calculated it. Had to have been partially based on the Patreon gravy train right? Or the site sale proceeds? This guy blew through a lot of dough, and then his head

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

i really appreciated that half the gbs thread was furries going rest in piss taxman and sharing fursuit pics

anyway. rest in piss, taxman. wish i could get my $15 back

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Terror Sweat posted:

where'd you get that figure?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Not gonna lie he was a piece of poo poo but I've got too much first hand experience of the trauma suicide inflicts; lost an uncle i wasnt even close to when i was 14/15 and I still flip out hard over suicide stuff at 32.

I don't mourn for Rich as such. And yet I'd prefer he still be among the living, and I weep for the rather cruel and final infliction of a trauma on his surviving kiddos and loved ones, because that trauma is one I KNOW to be agonizing.
as lovely as he was, he will probably be missed by many people close to him, enough that this may well hurt them for years and years and that loving sucks and is nothing to celebrate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

shyduck posted:

I wonder how they calculated it. Had to have been partially based on the Patreon gravy train right? Or the site sale proceeds? This guy blew through a lot of dough, and then his head

Was the Lowtax Patreon account peaking out at around 100k+ a month?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
If only the admins had shut down cspam sooner, he would still be alive.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Just want to say to everybody reading this thread that I know news like this can be triggering or distressing regardless of the circumstances. Remember you're not alone if things are getting tough, and there is hope and help available.

If you are in the US you can call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit them online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org if you want help. They are there for you 24/7/365.

If you are in the UK you can visit https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/, email jo@samaritans.org or freephone 116 123 (24/7, although you may have to hold at peak times due to high demand for the service, please do not panic as calls will 100% be answered)

We have a list of additional resources too if you are in an abusive relationship or just need someone to talk to, including international resources. Please reach out to a mod or admin for more information.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Riot Bimbo posted:

Not gonna lie he was a piece of poo poo but I've got too much first hand experience of the trauma suicide inflicts; lost an uncle i wasnt even close to when i was 14/15 and I still flip out hard over suicide stuff at 32.

I don't mourn for Rich as such. And yet I'd prefer he still be among the living, and I weep for the rather cruel and final infliction of a trauma on his surviving kiddos and loved ones, because that trauma is one I KNOW to be agonizing.
as lovely as he was, he will probably be missed by many people close to him, enough that this may well hurt them for years and years and that loving sucks and is nothing to celebrate

just a final "gently caress you" to people he's been hurting for years. i feel really bad for his family

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

vyelkin posted:

gotta say, im happy that lowtax created these dumb forums, im happy that these forums outgrew lowtax, and im sad that he chose not to grow along with the forums, the end

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

etalian posted:

The last tweet sure was a way to go out

-Rejoicing over his future full proof legal victory / can't wait to see her deported
-Implied that his wife was "hiding out" at women's shelter to gain sympathy/support the phony version of her story
-Rejoicing over his future victory despite how the above raised big red flags for any relationship

lowtax posted:

the woman attempting to dig her way out of a hole

look who dug a hole out of their own skull bro

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Nov 11, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shyduck posted:

Both. The sale by itself was likely almost half a mil.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

etalian posted:

Was the Lowtax Patreon account peaking out at around 100k+ a month?
Nowhere near, more like around $12-13k, but still a significant amount and put him in the top 25 of Patreon earners at the peak

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This thread made me think of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLk-2iArYc

Like how the person was shocked how someone was mean/vindictive during the marriage and act the same way during the divorce process.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The silver lining is that child support (and sometimes alimony) takes priority over other debts of an estate including mortgages/credit card debt/car loans etc. The kids should be getting something.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ardennes posted:

The silver lining is that child support (and sometimes alimony) takes priority over other debts of an estate including mortgages/credit card debt/car loans etc. The kids should be getting something.

Hopefully, though I assume Rich's mom is going to try to drag it out as much as possible.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

look who dug a hole out of their own skull bro

He left this world as he came into this world. Missing a piece of his brain.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

shyduck posted:

Nowhere near, more like around $12-13k, but still a significant amount and put him in the top 25 of Patreon earners at the peak

Even that range worked out to 156k gross per year (pre-tax), so I wonder what he was spending his money in Missouri?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ammo, pills, fast food, GTR payments, that kinda stuff can add up very quick

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
i heard theyre bringing back helldump to celebrate

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

F

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFdgwJ7Hm9Y

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Snake Dance posted:

What did Kotaku know???

Someone's a goon or at least a lurker.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

Yeah, as a youngin I saw the family impact a couple suicides wreaked and it really cemented how much it hurts the people around. Which is why I'm even more angry at lowtax, I would've had a more neutral reaction if he'd overdosed or something

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

In his own words: Good riddance.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
How much alimony/child support was he gonna have to pay? Dude hadnt had a real job in decades. Where would he have even applied, let alone make enough for to support them and himself.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/acczibit/status/1458828228219518989

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Snake Dance posted:

What did Kotaku know???

https://boingboing.net/2021/11/11/richard-lowtax-kyanka-dead-at-45.html

quote:

Richard Kyanka, better-known as Lowtax, died yesterday at 45. Kyanka was the founder and longtime operator of Something Awful, the sprawling web forum from which much web culture emerged. The news was announced there in a thread that quickly grew to hundreds of pages of bullshit before being summarily locked by adminsthe perfect tribute.

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you would like to know more about Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka, google Ron Paul

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
this is tripping me out, on one hand lol but on the other hand lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Brrrmph posted:

How much alimony/child support was he gonna have to pay? Dude hadnt had a real job in decades. Where would he have even applied, let alone make enough for to support them and himself.

The whole story reminds me of the sad Notch stories after he sold Minecraft, like how Lowtax was raking in 6 figures with no actual work via Patreon account.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Brrrmph posted:

someone itt said $3500/month but i have no idea where they got that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

you know I take it back; I thought Michael Cera should play him in the biopic, but it's gotta be Johnny Knoxville