Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I can’t believe the Rams are a game out from not even having the top Wild Card spot, just crazy to think about with all the draft capital they’ve traded to enhance what was already a pretty good roster :psyberger:

I was actually encouraged by the Packers game for the Rams.

Turnover on downs in the red zone, strip fumble in the red zone, INT and a fumble on a punt return and it was still a relatively close game. If one or all of those things didn't happen the Rams could've won.

Another thing regarding the Stafford trade: the Rams win a lot of games every year so drafting a quarterback is a problem. They'd need a lot of picks to move up from like 28 or wherever to the top of the first round to get someone. Getting one like they did is one of the only ways they can.

Still I'm convinced Stafford has a back injury that is hampering him. Even if he didn't play all that badly in this game, he had three touchdowns after all, it's like every third throw is totally messed up for some reason.

can't take my eyes off number 77 who mainly seems confused about the fundamentals of the dance and mainly just looks like an enormous baby trying to dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does your QB have issues? Potentially.

Does that mean that you're a probable loss to the 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers? :lol: no.

You need perspective. The world isn't falling down for the Ravens. They're not the cowboys.

division games are weird and the ravens can absolutely drop a game to pittsburgh. they've been surviving on high variance poo poo all year

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This was not flagged

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1465143251581739012?s=20

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1465347566896357379

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think the Rams would have the exact same record if they kept Goff

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

indigi posted:

You are a moron then

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Play posted:

Turnover on downs in the red zone, strip fumble in the red zone, INT and a fumble on a punt return and it was still a relatively close game. If one or all of those things didn't happen the Rams could've won.

Yeah man, if my team was better we would have won. Nice moral victory.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Play posted:

Another thing regarding the Stafford trade: the Rams win a lot of games every year so drafting a quarterback is a problem. They'd need a lot of picks to move up from like 28 or wherever to the top of the first round to get someone. Getting one like they did is one of the only ways they can.

Still I'm convinced Stafford has a back injury that is hampering him. Even if he didn't play all that badly in this game, he had three touchdowns after all, it's like every third throw is totally messed up for some reason.

can't take my eyes off number 77 who mainly seems confused about the fundamentals of the dance and mainly just looks like an enormous baby trying to dance

He seems kind of tentative. Not necessarily when throwing but his movements seem off like you would if you were trying to avoid twisting or turning in a particular way because you're hurt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

indigi posted:

I think it’d be close and they’d still have two firsts and the poo poo they traded to Denver for Von Miller.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

You are a moron then

they beat all the lovely teams with Goff anyway, still losing to teams with good defenses. 10-6 last year, probably 11-6 /10-7 this one

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

indigi posted:

they beat all the lovely teams with Goff anyway, still losing to teams with good defenses. 10-6 last year, probably 11-6 this one

They lost to the Jets and Dolphins last year because Goff couldn't find an open receiver against the blitz. They would have lost a bunch of other games last year if their defense didn't completely mask the problems they were having on offense the whole year.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think it’d be close and they’d still have two firsts and the poo poo they traded to Denver for Von Miller.

Yes, the future 2nd and 3rd round picks would definitely help the current team now, astute analysis.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

They lost to the Jets and Dolphins last year because Goff couldn't find an open receiver against the blitz. They would have lost a bunch of other games last year if their defense didn't completely mask the problems they were having on offense the whole year.

Dolphins had a legit defense last season, Stafford wasn’t beating them. and every team has a Jets melty once in a while

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
If Stafford could maybe stop throwing so many pick-sixes the Rams might be ok

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

indigi posted:

lol

lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t really know what Von Miller has to do with the Stafford trade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t really know what Von Miller has to do with the Stafford trade.

Because trading for Stafford put them into the mindset to throw everything into Winning Now. They didn’t even take on Von’s money because of cap difficulties iirc which made their trading price more expansive.

But whatever I’m sure it’ll all turn out just fine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because trading for Stafford put them into the mindset to throw everything into Winning Now. They didn’t even take on Von’s money because of cap difficulties iirc which made their trading price more expansive.

But whatever I’m sure it’ll all turn out just fine.

The Rams would have probably traded for Von either way because that’s what they do. They’re extremely active in the trade market. They gave up two firsts for Ramsey and a first for Cooks in prior years, not to mention a bunch of less expensive moves every year like Peters and Fowler.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

If Stafford could maybe stop throwing so many pick-sixes the Rams might be ok

That’s the crazy part. Stafford is literally the reason they lost 2 of their last 3 games. The 49ers they just got blown out so I won’t put that on him but in last nights and the Titans game he gave the other team 7 and 14 points due to awful interceptions.

So how is he currently doing better than Goff in terms of standings? Stafford is literally losing the Rams games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

At least with Stafford you can point to a sudden change in performance that, if due to injury, could presumably get better

with goff.....eh

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1455220386233151488?t=Smt3eXEm4rKS0wv14UTHWw&s=19

Rams are 0-3 since sending this tweet out

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how is he currently doing better than Goff in terms of standings? Stafford is literally losing the Rams games.

Jared Goff didn’t literally lose Rams games?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Goff has lost the Lions games single handedly. He would have cost the Rams quite a few more than stafford.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm sure it was pointed out how that hand played out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Jared Goff didn’t literally lose Rams games?

I don’t understand the confusion. Of course he did. But they made what appears to be a largely lateral move and gave up two first round picks to do it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 29, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jared Goff had a 20/13 TD/Int ratio last year. Stafford is at 27/9 this year. Wonder which guy is worse, I just can’t do the math on it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm sure it was pointed out how that hand played out.
Oh immediately, I guarantee whoever chose this GIF never saw the movie

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
You could argue that Goff would be performing better on the Rams than he is on the Lions due to the coaching and talent around him. Arguing that they shouldn't have made the move is dumb though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

At least with Stafford you can point to a sudden change in performance that, if due to injury, could presumably get better

with goff.....eh

he does this every year. this is Matt Stafford. puts up good looking numbers and performances against bad to ok teams, looks inconsistent to awful against good defenses/game plans. expecting him to suddenly become a flawless top 5 qb in his 30s is absurd, he’s always been a slightly better Kirk Cousins

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he's still better by a wide margin than Goff and I don't blame the Rams one bit for trading for him instead of being stuck in the good roster/mediocre quarterback tier of teams

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he’s absolutely better than Goff, some of those wins wouldn’t have been as comfortable

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently one of if not the worst game they've graded:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how is two hurries graded 30 points worse than a hurry and a sack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Yates posted:

Yeah man, if my team was better we would have won. Nice moral victory.

The Rams aren't *MY* team, and even if they were there's no need for tribalist weirdness. I don't think you should have so much trouble understanding the concept of a team performing well in most facets despite losing. It happens pretty frequently in the NFL despite TFF's semi-joking way of consigning a team to the dustbin the second they lose any game.

To make it simple, against one of the best teams in the league they turned it over FOUR times including three times in the red zone, a pick six, a fumble on a punt return when they should've been making a comeback, a forced fumble that they weren't able to recover, etc. and still only lost by 8 points. No matter how you look at it that's a massive improvement over losing 31-10 to the Niners or 28-16 to a mostly-dead Titans team. Packers mainly ended with field goals despite starting drives in nearly the most favorable possible positions. They played a lot better in this game.

That being said take away the two splash plays to OBJ and Van Jefferson and you realize it could've ended up looking a lot worse for the Rams as well.

Quiet Feet posted:

He seems kind of tentative. Not necessarily when throwing but his movements seem off like you would if you were trying to avoid twisting or turning in a particular way because you're hurt.

Yep. Like, stiff. He's always been a little stiff but I'm pretty convinced something isn't right with that back. But the Rams paid a king's ransom for a 33 year old who's missed a lot of games recently due to those issues so they took the chance and they might pay for it.

Lmao at whoever said they'd have the same record with Goff though. That's hilarious

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I can't say I'm surprised that a franchise known for being extremely aggressive in free agency is potentially seeing that approach backfire.

For how McVay portrays himself as this omniscient indigo child coach, he really isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Everyone was all over the Rams at the beginning of the season because it was different way to run a football team.
But different doesn't always mean better.

Just as the Rams deserve to be worshipped if this wins them the SB, they deserve to eat poo poo if it fails because no team has mortgaged their future quite as overtly as the Rams have.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Yes, the future 2nd and 3rd round picks would definitely help the current team now, astute analysis.

Like a walking pretzel, this one

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

pasaluki posted:

I can't say I'm surprised that a franchise known for being extremely aggressive in free agency is potentially seeing that approach backfire.

For how McVay portrays himself as this omniscient indigo child coach, he really isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Everyone was all over the Rams at the beginning of the season because it was different way to run a football team.

Just as the Rams deserve to be worshipped if this wins them the SB, they deserve to eat poo poo if it fails because no team has mortgaged their future quite as overtly as the Rams have.

If it fails then they’re in the same boat as 30 other teams who also didn’t win a Super Bowl but it’s only an indictment of the Rams strategy and not those other 30 teams?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Apparently one of if not the worst game they've graded:

reminder their third rounder had a perfect game at LT last week and wasn't started for reasons

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

pasaluki posted:

The Rams aren't at all aggressive in Free Agency. They specifically stay out of Free Agency and sign cut guys or focus on trades to pile up comp picks.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If it fails then they’re in the same boat as 30 other teams who also didn’t win a Super Bowl but it’s only an indictment of the Rams strategy and not those other 30 teams?

It’s funny so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

pasaluki posted:

This is such a weird mindset.