Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monthly reminder to take frequent breaks during gaming seshes (sessions)!

Game smart, game forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
A goon friend of mine played a lot of aLTTP randomizer and the OOT randomizer. Watching aLTTP a couple of times made me interested in playing it. It's harder than he makes it look.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The human body can only withstand 95,000 hours of video games in a lifetime use them wisely

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Zelda Randomizers do require knowing the game inside and out, plus you might need to know some weird tricks that you'll never run into in a regular game. Things like using hover boots to get past longshot checks, or the magic cape to sneak into Agahnim's Tower without the master sword.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The past week my twitter feed has been filled wizard orbs and wonderful fanart of Arcane, today it's nothing but people posting about how they listened to some dingus named Wilbur Soot on Spotify 700 times.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'm excited for danganrompers on switch

but im even more excited for the halo infinite campaign starring spider chief

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

redreader posted:

A goon friend of mine played a lot of aLTTP randomizer and the OOT randomizer. Watching aLTTP a couple of times made me interested in playing it. It's harder than he makes it look.

FYI, it’s just “LTTP”

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
TLoZ:aLttP

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Late to the Party

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Arzaac posted:

Zelda Randomizers do require knowing the game inside and out, plus you might need to know some weird tricks that you'll never run into in a regular game. Things like using hover boots to get past longshot checks, or the magic cape to sneak into Agahnim's Tower without the master sword.

You can turn all of those glitch progression requirements off, and it's recommended that "beginners" do just that. I wouldn't say that randomizers require you to know a game inside and out, but at a minimum you should beat the game at least once or twice to be familiar enough with the progression to know that you need a mcguffin to access certain areas. LTTP rando throws hints at you, but you need that baseline knowledge to be able to interpret them.

https://alttpr.com/en/options

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

The past week my twitter feed has been filled wizard orbs and wonderful fanart of Arcane, today it's nothing but people posting about how they listened to some dingus named Wilbur Soot on Spotify 700 times.

wanna see my audio aura

actually I like the spotify wrapped things a lot but they've been depressing in 2020 and 2021 since 95% of my music listening was on the like 3 and a half hours I used to spend going to/from the office every day and now I work from home

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my most listened piece was a classical piano piece based on a left wing anthem from Chile

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

You can turn all of those glitch progression requirements off, and it's recommended that "beginners" do just that. I wouldn't say that randomizers require you to know a game inside and out, but at a minimum you should beat the game at least once or twice to be familiar enough with the progression to know that you need a mcguffin to access certain areas. LTTP rando throws hints at you, but you need that baseline knowledge to be able to interpret them.

Wait they do call it “Alttp”?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my most listened piece was a classical piano piece based on a left wing anthem from Chile

Tell me more. My grandma was from Chile and I lived there for a year in high school.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alternative toilet paper

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Propaganda Hour posted:

I mean, using hover boots to cross a gap that normally you reach before getting hover boots isn't a glitch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TALTTPR for short

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Play posted:

Tell me more. My grandma was from Chile and I lived there for a year in high school.

it's 'The People United Will Never Be Defeated!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNPsnCZQj0

it's about a 50 minute theme-and-variations which mixes a lot of styles from conventional/romantic, to modernist and jazz-inspired stuff. especially cool near the end where the styles get mixed up to the point where they start just blending together culminating in a 5 minute improvisation

it's also one of my favorite post-wwii classical works

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah man now I'm jonesing for a randomizer

I might have to run one in december

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i haven't played ocarina of time in a while now but I've been making an effort to actually talk to all the npcs and explore instead of just beelining to the next progression point. it's s good game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's 'The People United Will Never Be Defeated!'

Awesome thanks that's really cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The randomiser that combines Link to the Past and Super Metroid seems p cool but I probably don't know LttP well enough for it

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My favourite Christmas movie is Die Hard but I also really like Muppet Christmas Carol and Love Actually and Noelle and a bunch of others

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
What about the best Christmas album?

It's A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's Mariah Carey's Christmas album IDC

EDIT: or the soundtrack to Muppet Christmas Carol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Christmas media 😤

Holiday media ☺️

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Christmas media 😤

Holiday media ☺️

can you rephrase this with SA smilies I don't understand emojis

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the nose steam one is a good face so I'm a bit lost on the vibe too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The nose steam is an angry hmph

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

can you rephrase this with SA smilies I don't understand emojis

Christmas media :itwaspoo:

Holiday media :cumpolice:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The best Christmas game, imho

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
they should not be able to make retail employees listen to Christmas music for like 2 months IMO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are few things in life I hate more than settling down to game after a lovely day and running into a brick wall of bullshit difficulty. In this case it was three spider shibito in Siren Blood Curse that jumped on me all at once the second I dropped into a room while I was meant to be breaking open a door. I spent 30 minutes butting my head against a brick wall dying over and over again then looked it up online to find the person playing was able to just drop in and break the door open without the shibito even noticing them. What the gently caress game, why are you doing me like that? I've already had a crap day, this was meant to be my happy peaceful joy time :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the John Fahey ones are good

https://youtu.be/YZQUlMkOvvw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

they should not be able to make retail employees listen to Christmas music for like 2 months IMO

God it's like....10 songs and a million covers of each

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Looper posted:

i haven't played ocarina of time in a while now but I've been making an effort to actually talk to all the npcs and explore instead of just beelining to the next progression point. it's s good game

Wait tool you play Majora's mask and the NPCs act like actual people instead of just being static sign posts with more polygons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

The nose steam is an angry hmph

it's the steam of triumph after doing something cool!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
OoTR is good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

My nose has never steamed after doing something cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Looper posted:

That dog puppet was never cool