Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Maybe it's just me, but when a cop is killed by a criminal, it seems to make national news? There's always "MANHUNT FOR THE COP KILLER" plastered all over the news, even though I'm on the west coast, and the cop died in like, Ohio or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

seiferguy posted:

Maybe it's just me, but when a cop is killed by a criminal, it seems to make national news? There's always "MANHUNT FOR THE COP KILLER" plastered all over the news, even though I'm on the west coast, and the cop died in like, Ohio or something.

I'm wondering if he's including the 140 officers injured by a fascist mob about a year ago.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1477808551766761477

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

seiferguy posted:

Yeah they don't report it much when the cops shoot the other cops because they're jumpy

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The search on Garrison's site sucks poo poo, and I'm too lazy to go through every rant where he might have namedropped Epstein, but here's the only definitive thing I could find about him acknowledging Trump hanging out with Epstein:

quote:

Also disgusting is the FakeNews corporate media trying to frame President Trump as Epstein’s best buddy when in fact Trump banned him from Mar a Lago when he found out what Epstein was. Trump also voluntarily released info about the pedophile to the FBI.

So as far as I can tell, he's completely ignored that Trump is on the flight logs and even made a joke on camera about how "Epstein likes them young" in favor of "The media is lying and Trump actually doesn't like Epstein at all!"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm wondering if he's including the 140 officers injured by a fascist mob about a year ago.

Cop on cop violence is a big problem and the media is silent.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Jeff Danziger

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Marty Two Bulls

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You have to include the other cartoon he did where she's explicitly labeled as being Sandra Fluke when you post his weird defense where he claims that she wasn't Sandra Fluke.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

rodbeard posted:

You have to include the other cartoon he did where she's explicitly labeled as being Sandra Fluke when you post his weird defense where he claims that she wasn't Sandra Fluke.

No, you see, the statue is only called Sandra.
That could have been anyone at all. Way to project :smuggo:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

thanks I looked but I couldn't find that one

but I mean come on that could be any Sandra, it's just some generic Sandra who looks nothing like Sandra Fluke on a pedestal with words that Sandra Fluke never said

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

cry more you oval office

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think he's acknowledge it once but he resorted to whataboutism, basically "Why do liberals care about Trump visiting the island a few times when Bill Clinton visited it so many more times?"

"Trump can have a little pedophilia. As a treat."

(The amount of pedophilia and sex trafficking that should be allowed is exactly zero, Garrison. "But they did it too!" and "But they did it so many more times!" are not valid justfications.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Don't threaten me with a good time.

e. You know what? Let's see if we can make this a category this year.

Kellies nomination: best threatening with a good time cartoon.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 6, 2022

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

rodbeard posted:

Or this cartoon, which is totally about some other woman who spoke at the Democratic National Convention that year:

In many ways he really is the Ur-Boomer cartoonist. Not just his views and his style (although the way he draws women alone qualifies him as an S-tier boomer cartoonist) - it's the fact that he owes his whole career to the fact that he had a marginally more talented sibling to hang on to, and is completely lacking in self-awareness regarding that fact.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

“Leave the orld a litt…“

“…We…Betthyit?”

*looks slightly further down*
“OHHHHHH”

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I like how his "I'm not touching yooouuuu" defense doesn't address the giant GEORGETOWN on the woman's shirt.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vargo posted:

I like how his "I'm not touching yooouuuu" defense doesn't address the giant GEORGETOWN on the woman's shirt.

What, you think she's the only person who's ever gone to Georgetown? I bet they sell thousands of those shirts a year!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kit Walker posted:

“Leave the orld a litt…“

“…We…Betthyit?”

*looks slightly further down*
“OHHHHHH”
Thank God im not the only one to not let my eyes drift down because I was stuck on figuring out the message up top

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

World Famous W posted:

Thank God im not the only one to not let my eyes drift down because I was stuck on figuring out the message up top

Thirded. I always look for messages in that kind of thing when drawn because almost every single time there is one. A poorly-done message, but there.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Round these parts we call that the Bennett

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

I like how this metaphor only works if you’re a psycho like Ramirez who believes government should fight and stop itself from doing anything at all for the people they work for

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just imagine if all those bills they talk about helping people with could actually pass! Scary!
He's worried for nothing though, Dems wouldn't help people even if they had the entire Senate. They'd invent opposition their own if it ever ran out.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
A car with both pedals pressed to the floor is a pretty good metaphor for US politics at present.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like how this metaphor only works if you’re a psycho like Ramirez who believes government should fight and stop itself from doing anything at all for the people they work for

Also I guess he's always missing work since he apparently thinks driving a car consists of pushing on the break 99.999% of the time or whatever, just let up and give it a little gas once a year when a military spending bill comes up

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:chanpop:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: best edit/parody

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on driverless cars and the Tories – Boris Johnson has rejected the idea that relatively limited Covid restrictions in England amounted to a gamble as Omicron cases continue to rise"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Schools in England told to wear masks in class as fears mount of Omicron surge

Times:

Veteran tells Prince Andrew to step down from Grenadier Guards

Evening Standard:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

A shortage of rapid antigen tests means people are scrambling across the cities in their search to find them. Pharmacists and retailers hope rapid antigen test shortages may ease in weeks (The Age). Also the general state of panic as case numbers in Australia double every few days.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Scott Morrison pushes to reclassify Covid hospital admissions - with only 51 patients on ventilators despite Australia recording thousands of new cases every day (Daily Mail). Anyone admitted to hospital for any reason such as broken bones who is then found to have Covid is then treated as if they have Covid and added to the numbers, and Scott Morrison, the Daily Mail and Leak are arguing that they should not count.
i.e. :tif:

Downes:

Concerns around e-scooters on roads around Launceston (Examiner)

Letch:

Dyson:

The cartoonists at Nine/Fairfax papers are still mostly on break but there are cartoon/illustrations for the pieces for the 6 Jan Capitol attack anniversary and opinion pieces like "‘What’s the plan?’: Australia needs to prepare for the collapse of American democracy" (Dr Emma Shortis, SMH).

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 4, 2022

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Haha, goddamn

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Really great that countries are planning for the inevitable and rapidly approaching collapse of the US while we do nothing at all about it. Proud to be an American. :patriot:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Murdstone posted:

Really great that countries are planning for the inevitable and rapidly approaching collapse of the US while we do nothing at all about it. Proud to be an American. :patriot:

Keep calm and continue eating out at Applebees.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Murdstone posted:

The rest of the world holding their breath as the sector seven that is America begins to collapse

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

this is why I lurk this thread. thank you.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

IRS WANTS A PIECE OF THE ACTION

The IRS wants to rob the robbers. I thought it was a joke. A prankish Internet meme. But the story is real!

The IRS says criminals have to report their illegal income. The IRS calls such criminals ‘self-employed.’ They must report the value of their stolen goods or income ‘earned’ from illegal activities. If the stolen goods are returned during the same year as the theft occurred, then it can go unreported. Have we ever seen someone return stolen goods to a Walgreens? Did a looter ever un-loot?

Will such self-employed criminals be allowed to deduct items they used to commit their crimes? Why not deduct the mileage and car expenses needed to arrive at said Walgreens? Why not deduct guns, burglary kits, and e-bay fees that were used to fence their goods?

The IRS must think criminals are stupid. Or maybe they consider us all to be stupid. After all, American tax payers keep incriminating themselves by signing incomprehensible forms and then sending chunks of their honestly-earned income to a criminal organization known as the IRS. Citizens do it out of fear. They have to pay the IRS and Big Government just like many Italian neighborhoods have paid off organized crime.

Income taxes aren’t ‘voluntary,’ even though Bill Clinton said they were. People know it’s done by force—through a barrel of a gun. If citizens don’t comply they risk prison. If they resist being sent to prison they can be murdered. Most people simply don’t want the hassle of a Gestapo IRS gang threatening them or taking their hard-earned property.

The irony is the criminal IRS and the Department of Treasury don’t even need our money to pay for anything. Those taxes will soon be inadequate to even pay the interest on the National Debt. They need our money to control us by impoverishing us. It’s also about taking money out of circulation in order to help control inflation. Sending away money that you’ll never be able to spend is deflationary. No matter, inflation will soon be out of control anyway. The Central Bankers who own the Federal Reserve can print all the debt currency they like—and they do. They need the IRS for their personal power. They know how powerful fear can be.

It’s time to end the Fed and the IRS.

— Ben Garrison

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Everything America has ever done is racist.
I have no idea what this one's about. I recognize the name, so I presume it's coming from the left, but this may be the least effective anti-death penalty cartoon I've seen (if that is what it is)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

This is up there in Rob Smith Jr. territory of willful stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is it supposed to be a bad thing that criminals have to pay taxes?

I don't even understand the objection, doesn't Garrison want to be tough on crime post-Floyd (until Ben gets a speeding ticket), do conservatives want crime to not only pay but pay tax-free?