Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Now I want someone to unsew a pouch into its 2D pattern or something and make a fake advantage from it. Either use charcoal for the text or rip up an existing, shittier advantage and reassemble it, ransom note style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't actually want Russel around ever again, but I do wish one of these gently caress-you idols was around when Russell was just hoovering them all up, just to see him pitch his little babyfit about it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The weird thing about Russell is that recently he apparently watched Samoa/HvV for the first time live on stream and came right out and said that his HvV game was terrible, nobody should play like that, and he wants to get rid of his Survivor stuff and spend more time with his kids.

It could be passed off as him going on a drunken spiel (and he seemed pretty drunk), but he actually went out and sold his letter from J.T. at minimum bid $10k.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's genuinely surprising to me, I know him as a goblin who spends most of his time stewing in his own survivor stew. I can at the same time see how actually having to see it with an audience where you really cant deny your badplayingness anymore would shake him off it lol

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I'm looking forward to MaryAnn revealing where she stashed the cocaine from Survivor Panama.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ApplesandOranges posted:

The weird thing about Russell is that recently he apparently watched Samoa/HvV for the first time live on stream and came right out and said that his HvV game was terrible, nobody should play like that, and he wants to get rid of his Survivor stuff and spend more time with his kids.

It could be passed off as him going on a drunken spiel (and he seemed pretty drunk), but he actually went out and sold his letter from J.T. at minimum bid $10k.

It only took him 13 years to realize that. But also funny in comparison to that story I heard recently, I think it was Erik from Micronesia maybe? Who did a fan event with him and they shared a hotel sweet, and he had a fan act as his assistant the entire time and he was drunkenly trying to pick up women and talking all night about how he should have won.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think as time goes on, some bad Survivors get to become actual human beings (Russell, Colton), some just kinda okay Survivors go off the deep end (Joe, Rodney) and some just reveal they've been extra off the deep end all along (Noura).

A whole bunch of Survivors have been creating/advertising NFTs lately, which is kind of a bummer.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i googled Jeff Probst NFT and there aren't many image results at all so the one of a nude jeff with a plate of bacon really sticks out

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You can hear Lydia yelling this and it owns, imo

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah. Lydia is just the best. It's a shame the sia money seems to be gone. Feel like she's such an obvious choice for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have not noticed lydia at all

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Gay twitter is living for Hai this season.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

I decided last season to skip 42 and maybe catch up later before it's over.

Meanwhile, is it safe to talk about Australian Survivor here? I started watching at the urging of others in the last thread and I've finally caught up to the current season 9. I was able to get some family members hooked onto it similarly after telling them how good it is compared to the US version. Australian Survivor is extremely refreshing, it's especially nice to have 2 episodes a week to look forward to.

There's also this new CBS spinoff called Beyond the Edge. It's billed as 'Celebrity Survivor', gonna check it out now.

Edit: watched the first episode, seems promising but they keep bringing up Christianity lol. Literally every 10 minutes or so. Anyways, they compete in teams for charity donations and also get some for each night they last, not sure if there is a maximum stay but they can leave any time. I like the low stakes focus on teamwork.

Brass fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 22, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this triangle puzzle is pretty amusing in how so many of them thought it looked easy

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Brass posted:

I decided last season to skip 42 and maybe catch up later before it's over.

Meanwhile, is it safe to talk about Australian Survivor here? I started watching at the urging of others in the last thread and I've finally caught up to the current season 9. I was able to get some family members hooked onto it similarly after telling them how good it is compared to the US version. Australian Survivor is extremely refreshing, it's especially nice to have 2 episodes a week to look forward to.

There's also this new CBS spinoff called Beyond the Edge. It's billed as 'Celebrity Survivor', gonna check it out now.

Edit: watched the first episode, seems promising but they keep bringing up Christianity lol. Literally every 10 minutes or so. Anyways, they compete in teams for charity donations and also get some for each night they last, not sure if there is a maximum stay but they can leave any time. I like the low stakes focus on teamwork.

I've made a thread for the current season of Australian Survivor, although it's pretty dead and I have fallen pretty far behind the current season so haven't posted much either https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991768

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol lose 2 votes

At least she can say stupid random poo poo without seeming different than usual

Also lol captions SHIZ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha johnathan actually carrying this team

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jeff is visibly horny watching this muscular man literally carry his tribe.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the other teams should have johnathan come help

nice slow mo shots lol

honestly a good call, they shouldve scheduled the water to be calmer for this challenge.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been exhausted and scared in big swells, I get it

They did the right thing

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

For the millionth time I wish they gave us a better sense of the passage of time during challenges.

How long were they struggling to put those ladders up before production realized someone was going to need a rescue if they allowed it to continue?

Also, I'm perpetually surprised/impressed the cameras never pick up on the rescue divers that are presumably right there. I assume the rescue divers are different from the underwater camera operators, anyway.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ahahaha both lose

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Surely the prisoner won't dilemma my face vote

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm pulling for Lydia on this one

edit: Hai looks like he's buying the lie

ahaha the goober outed their scheme through nervous chatter

LMAO chanelle just mouthed it outright

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 24, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lot of time left here

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
woof this is awkward lol

cant they just bully hai and say hes next if he doesnt play along

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
lmaoooooo they have so many twists they didn't anticipate they'd have to reveal who didn't vote

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha yess Hai for hardlining and lol Daniel for being a flakazoid

FRACTURE

Glad Lydia sticking around, like Hai now too.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Absolutely nobody can keep a secret this season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gonna be some sour grapes back at camp

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Ugh Daniel is the worst. What a wet blanket loser for flipping on his ally basically instantly and lying about the fact that he wasn't driving it. Dude is a complete trash fire and I hate the fact that he's a super fan.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Hai is the best

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Daniel opening up the conversation with "I don't want to go to rocks, I do NOT want to go to rocks" told Hai all he needed to know. Why would he flip when Daniel showed his hand like that?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

An extra vote is not even that great, Chanelle had no business risking her vote there! I think she even told Omar she needed her vote so what did she expect him to do??

Daniel immediately saying "I won't go to rocks" probably wasn't a good negotiation tactic if he actually wanted Hai to flip. Meanwhile Hai was making some all-time faces there haha.

Daniel was a total worm trying to pass off the whole decision onto Chanelle, and of course she objected, but the one thing I can think of to justify that for him is that perhaps as soon as he saw the situation (that he was at risk of rocks and didn't want to be) he felt he had to flip on that vote. Then, since he had to flip there, maybe he decided to do a full pivot over to Lydia and Hai longer term, and thus was knowingly and intentionally burning his bond with Chanelle so he could go over to Lydia and Hai with clean hands. The alternative, just as likely really, is that he’s just a rat looking to blame someone else for his betrayal without any larger purpose. Or he thinks he can repair that damage and play all sides again, which would be tough to do after that performance but he does still have a strong middle position.

One thing I don't understand is how Mike didn't have to say his phrase. I swear the clue said "must." Then when you factor in the "fine print" that the idol gets activated at merge if it never gets activated beforehand, it becomes fairly unlikely you're gonna have three people trying to activate. Although now....... Mike should probably go for it and that's 2/3

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 24, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

One thing I don't understand is how Mike didn't have to say his phrase. I swear the clue said "must." Then when you factor in the "fine print" that the idol gets activated at merge if it never gets activated beforehand, it becomes fairly unlikely you're gonna have three people trying to activate. Although now....... Mike should probably go for it and that's 2/3

Yeah i also read it as must but that's part of the problem with some of the season40+ advantages. Must... or what

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

Studio posted:

I think this episode had a lot to cover, and Hai was on the one team that didn't lose anyone, so I imagine we'll get Drama later on.

Boy oh boy, you *nailed* that one.

whoscookinbacon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 24, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Daniel is actually a messier player than Mike. “Superfan” is such a tip-off.

Have Lydia and Hai done something before this week or do people just like them from pre game interviews or podcasts or something? I don’t think I noticed them before tonight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lydia was a badass calling the blindfolded challenge

Of course she also super reminds me of one of my best friends so I noticed and remembered her for a different reason

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
By next season TC will just be an algorithm that spits out a final vote result based on the odds of which of the 37 various twists folks played during the week.

Anyway, yay Hai and Lydia are still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Ugh Daniel is the worst. What a wet blanket loser for flipping on his ally basically instantly and lying about the fact that he wasn't driving it. Dude is a complete trash fire and I hate the fact that he's a super fan.

hes definitely a lawyer