Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

for all the charming goons that post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly, this forum is more or less like a Twitter bubble of similar minded people/people with the same vibe, but more flexible. It's hard to keep an active crabs thread running on Twitter for more than year

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
This place is like a gathering of burnt-out former gifted kids, where someone can make a joke about pants-making GBS threads that somehow also involves some obscure historical minutiae.

Also three of my IRL best friends are goons so that helps.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

HD DAD posted:

This place is like a gathering of burnt-out former gifted kids, where someone can make a joke about pants-making GBS threads that somehow also involves some obscure historical minutiae.

I posit that if you have IRL friends outside of your household, you are no goon :colbert:

Also, I am a former gifted kid, so it's funny that you say that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

D34THROW posted:

I posit that if you have IRL friends outside of your household, you are no goon :colbert:

Also, I am a former gifted kid, so it's funny that you say that.

HD DAD posted:

Pretty much this, though much less with the jokes in the past 5 years or so, and much less self aware of their gooniness.

I tell myself if I had kids, I'd pretty much log of and forget this place existed. That's what my IRL goon friends ended up doing. :(

Staying in SA pretty much means something has gone horribly wrong with you. There's a reason you haven't logged off or moved on to a more popular web service. The BB format of SA forces people to at least scroll over your post. If this was a tweet, how many people would see it? Probably no one.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HD DAD posted:

This place is like a gathering of burnt-out former gifted kids

Not me I was/am dumb as gently caress, I scored 99 during school which really is the perfect way not to be a gifted kid, perfectly below average IQ.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

HD DAD posted:

oh my god, have we become the simpsons writers room?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bad Purchase posted:

oh my god, have we become the simpsons writers room?

Not as funny as we think we are and so far from cultural relevance that people find out its still around and go "they're still running that loving show"? Yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Tldr