Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mideo lames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there was one point where the vampire coulda hung out w hot witch but instead he was like nah im going swimming for revenge

edit: haha i like how in yakuza zero as soon as you unlock the business stuff, you get like 10 people loitering in front of the building to join your team

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 2, 2022

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh boy it's May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSZ5yvB5mo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i have mostly finished making the ss dolphin from empty containers and junk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know how to say this

But

Games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

oddium posted:

I love it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

oddium posted:

Cool!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man, remember Blizzard's whole "free hong kong" thing? Seems so quaint nowadays

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i remember since i'm still boycotting them from it. i will not touch blizzard games until blizzard liberates hong kong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe you should be helping them in their fight instead of boycotting??

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tracer says dehumanize yourself and your enemy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im boycotting blizzard until they apologize to china for relentlessly working for the liberation of hong kong

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

there was one point where the vampire coulda hung out w hot witch but instead he was like nah im going swimming for revenge

edit: haha i like how in yakuza zero as soon as you unlock the business stuff, you get like 10 people loitering in front of the building to join your team

Stephen Spielberg and the world's most deadly Mafia hitman bump into each other on the street, apologize profusely and then discover they're going to the same place... to hang out on the sidewalk hoping some guy they met randomly for five minutes a few days ago wants to hire them to work for his real estate company :hmmyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tbh I’m ignorant and don’t know how Hong Kong (a.k.a “honk kong”) is doing these days, my news sources (the political cartoons thread) moved on a long, long time ago. But I do hope blizzard won

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm boycotting Blizzard until they free Hong Kong and also stop abusing female employees and also make Warcraft IV

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If Ted Rall or Mike Lester aren’t drawing about it is it even happening?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

This fuckin rules

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
FFIX yesterday went throroughly wild, deeply emotional, and comically farcical yesterday.

I am in disc 3, I have only had a few missteps (like going the whole way through Iifa Tree, coming out and losing my whole party to a random enemy on the main world because I forgot to tent/save

Thank goodness for checkpoints!

I know the main plot point from where I am onwards Get Kuja I think. I am not 100% sure because things have gone back to relaxing fun adventure but ebbs and flows are necessary for long games such as these.

Having the best time :3:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love ff9's soundtrack and disc 3 has some real good tracks in it, hope you enjoy

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I can't believe Blizzard acquired Hong Kong.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Pfft, little babies. I've been purposefully not buying blizzard products since they tried to aggressively license the rights to broadcast sc2 tournaments and shipped the game they eventually charged 180 dollars for without LAN

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1521010532655923200?s=20&t=Na7GJZccXz9d6qd855-9kg

That's wild

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I have never heard of Embracer Group and the fact the website they linked in the tweet won't load isn't filling me with confidence this is a good thing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm gonna go with 'they're huge Raziel fans and just want a new Soul Reaver game' :downs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'm gonna go with 'they're huge Raziel fans and just want a new Soul Reaver game' :downs:

Well I mean Occam's Razor and all, and this IS the simplest and most likely answer.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
Embracer Group was known as THQ Nordic until a few years ago (they still have a subsidiary called that), they own a ton of devs & publishers, mostly in Europe, and have been going on a huge purchasing spree in the last few years

notable devs they own include Gearbox and Volition (who make Saints Row) among many many others

seems like an awfully small price to pay when they're getting IPs like Tomb Raider & Deus Ex as part of the deal, I'm surprised say, Microsoft wasn't interested in paying more - Crystal Dynamics are even making the new Perfect Dark for Microsoft

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jerusalem posted:

I have never heard of Embracer Group and the fact the website they linked in the tweet won't load isn't filling me with confidence this is a good thing?

They have a larger market cap than Ubisoft now, op

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They have a larger market cap than Ubisoft now, op

Who?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

don't worry they will answer this and any other questions in the next 8chan ama

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeXReX posted:

don't worry they will answer this and any other questions in the next 8chan ama

The reason I will no longer be able to buy Deus Ex games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

Tbh I’m ignorant and don’t know how Hong Kong (a.k.a “honk kong”) is doing these days, my news sources (the political cartoons thread) moved on a long, long time ago. But I do hope blizzard won

Not great. A lot of the leaders of the pro-democracy movement are in prison.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Only 300 million for those assets my god SE got bodied on that acquisition

They're definitely on the shopping block themselves now

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

Only 300 million for those assets my god SE got bodied on that acquisition

Wth? Did SE not shop around, or was that the highest bid?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Wth? Did SE not shop around, or was that the highest bid?

Im gonna assume large studio staff with nothing in the pipeline (a huge chunk are currently working for Microsoft on Perfect Dark) and a deader than hell albatross of a live service game depressed the price but goddamn you'd think Tomb Raider alone could have commanded that price.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im double posting because this money is gonna be spent on SE's weird obsession with NFTs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Like Tencent bought Sumo for four times as much a few months ago.

And CD is arguably a cream of the crop dev.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
they've apparently been wanting to sell their western division for a while and have obviously mismanaged them (forcing all these studios to completely switch genres to make marvel games which significantly underperformed) but it's still a huge bargain

microsoft mightn't have been able to make a move due to being tied up with the activision acquisition for the time being

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1521017861803704321

square says this sale gives them more money to invest in blockchain nonsense and have kept the rights to just cause, outriders, and life is strange. none of those were developed by the studios being sold, just published by square's western division.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Half a mill would've been couch change to Phil.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Given Crystal Dynamics is very tied up with Perfect Dark, theres no way MS was unaware of the sale so they either purposefully forwent it (either they don't think it has any value beyond just human labor, or imo, that they need Activision to close first) or SE is all in on not bidding up the price of their assets because goddamit they want those NFTs now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Corporations hoovering up other corporations is always bad, even if you don't give a poo poo about the corporations being absorbed.