Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I haven't obsessively combed through videos, but was there any sign of a weapon set like Saltzpyre's rapier and pistol combo? It doesn't even need the pistol, I just liked how that rapier felt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Ravenfood posted:

I haven't obsessively combed through videos, but was there any sign of a weapon set like Saltzpyre's rapier and pistol combo? It doesn't even need the pistol, I just liked how that rapier felt.

I haven't noticed anything like that, but a rapier is also not something you'd typically find in the 40k setting, since the entire art direction of the Imperium emphasizes brutalism. If I had to guess, I'd say power swords are likely to be the most elegant weapon you'll find.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

They do recycle animations from Vermintide though. The psyker has a sword with the exact same animation set as Sienna's fire sword.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Badly Jester posted:

I haven't noticed anything like that, but a rapier is also not something you'd typically find in the 40k setting, since the entire art direction of the Imperium emphasizes brutalism. If I had to guess, I'd say power swords are likely to be the most elegant weapon you'll find.

Yeah, I don't need the aesthetics of the rapier, I just liked the way it "felt" in terms of dancing around armored targets with the stabs and using slashes to interrupt. I could maybe see a power sword being like that I guess, but probably not. I was hopeful with the other recycled animations being present.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

There are few lighter/more nimble blades in 40k, though they are on the rare side since the aesthetic leans towards the chunky. So there's a small outside chance that they might include something like the swords that death cult assassins use:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Theres things like chain knives (which are exactly what they sound like, smalled down chainswords) that could probably work as a "fast" weapon equivalent to rapier and such. Maybe shock mauls too (think police batons, but with a stun toggle setting from "stun" to "blow limbs off")

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 5, 2022

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I just need a power fist, perhaps two, and I'm set

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Babe Magnet posted:

I just need a power fist, perhaps two, and I'm set

Lightning Claws or bust

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

But the real question is...lightning claws where they're like Wolverine blades extending from the back of the hand, or where they're claws on the end of the fingers?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Generally they are giant mecha hands/gloves with long blade on each finger. Regular humans have some variants but I think they premiered as Terminator weapons.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll meet you halfway and we can have a narthecium

e: if they do DLC classes down the line I want to play as a jokaero

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 6, 2022

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Babe Magnet posted:

if they do DLC classes down the line I want to play as a jokaero

Ratling

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Space Dwarf Squat League of Voltann or whatever GW's calling them now. Mostly because playing a space-dorf armed with a high-tech hammer or whatever would be sick.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Deep Rock Galactic is that way for your space dorf needs.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Kroot.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Pyrolocutus posted:

But the real question is...lightning claws where they're like Wolverine blades extending from the back of the hand, or where they're claws on the end of the fingers?

Both exist in the setting; The Chaos ones typically were claws on fingers, because the Horus Heresy (the event that spawned the Chaos Marines) was 10,000 years ago, and that was the design for the claws then. Current era Lightning Claws are usually mounted back of hand.

Then there's Tyberos...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Shockeh posted:

Both exist in the setting; The Chaos ones typically were claws on fingers, because the Horus Heresy (the event that spawned the Chaos Marines) was 10,000 years ago, and that was the design for the claws then. Current era Lightning Claws are usually mounted back of hand.

Then there's Tyberos...

Well yeah you can't call yourself a space shark if you don't have rows of teeth ready to replace broken teeth at a moment's notice :v:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Canopus250 posted:

Generally they are giant mecha hands/gloves with long blade on each finger. Regular humans have some variants but I think they premiered as Terminator weapons.

Shockeh posted:

Then there's Tyberos...

I was asking your preference you doofs.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I was asking your preference you doofs.

Oh, in that case, both. I want Claws on the back, and claws off the fingers.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Will people playing the PC Gamepass version be able to play with Steam players?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Raged posted:

Will people playing the PC Gamepass version be able to play with Steam players?

quote:

[Fatshark] Hedge:
We're not saying it's not possible, or not being explored, but we're also not going to say "yes it's in, Day 1". We like the idea of it and are exploring it, but don't expect it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

New subclass feature dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZuYuqooW_k

Notable weapons spotted: Plasma gun, power sword, regular sword, axe, and a loving entrenching tool :black101:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

And some kinda of revolver I think?

Another thing to note: this OST is probably going to own. that backing track was cool

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Perestroika posted:

loving entrenching tool :black101:

Krieg Death Korpsman exiled to a penal legion for not being suicidal enough. Or too suicidal to follow orders, it's always one or the other with them

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

You’d assume steam and pc would be connecting to the same servers on pc, that’s weird. Maybe this is more “ we don’t have a fat shark-specific account system so we can’t match cross platform”

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Babe Magnet posted:

this OST is probably going to own. that backing track was cool

The backing track on the Zealot overview was very much a loving vibe too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wgBNAJx70

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

Another thing to note: this OST is probably going to own. that backing track was cool

Ya, it's pretty loving wicked so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4hEOMSjzdo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jesper has been making bideogame music for ages now, most notably the tracks for a lot of the Hitman series. Dude does good.

Hamilcar
Oct 18, 2012
Just got my beta key in the mail, hyped for friday!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Samezies, can't wait to hit some rats mean space dudes

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jesper has been making bideogame music for ages now, most notably the tracks for a lot of the Hitman series. Dude does good.

with all due respect to Hitman, I think Kyd is more known for his Assassin's Creed soundtracks (and with good reason, they are bangers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVHx23ByhM

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like his Borderlands work.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just got my key but I'm assuming this thing still isn't supposed to work on Steam Deck.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Got my key as well. Super excited for this and hopefully we can get a few goon groups together

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Just checked my email.

Nice!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is supposed to be on game pass, right? If I decide to try it out on Game Pass and then choose to purchase it on Steam is there any way I can migrate my profile over?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

This is supposed to be on game pass, right? If I decide to try it out on Game Pass and then choose to purchase it on Steam is there any way I can migrate my profile over?

I don’t have a good answer to this question, but I can tell you they won’t have crossplay upon release but are hoping to add it later. Which suggests you probably can’t, but who knows if it’ll be tied to the Fatshark account or something?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got into the closed beta on Steam. :toot:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

They seem to be casting a much wider net this time than with the technical test, I'm seeing loads of people all over getting in. Seems like they're pretty confident about the state of the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Arc Hammer posted:

If I remember correctly, Fatshark have said that there won't even be cross-play between Game Pass and Steam at launch, so I wouldn't bet on it.