Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Unreal 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mad Wack posted:

buying that game full price is my biggest gamer regret, moreso even then buying simcity 2013

Didn't you get an Apology Game from EA because of that?

I ended up getting Mass Effect 3.

Now Artifact and New World... those were complete money incinerations lol

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I bought We Happy Few at launch full price.

Octopath full price download (can't even sell it back) is a regret too. And yet I'm eyeing the sequel...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought Two Worlds full price and never even installed it

i spent 60$ on Star Citizen back when it was first announced

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wuggles posted:

Octopath full price download (can't even sell it back) is a regret too. And yet I'm eyeing the sequel...

Starting to think the thread title was viral marketing...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

i spent 60$ on Star Citizen back when it was first announced

lol this is a big time self own. The game hasn't gotten any improvements since then either.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Xenosaga Episode II

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Xenosaga Episode II

Please Square, remaster this trilogy for modern consoles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Square doesn't own Xenosaga, that's Bandai-Namco.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

gently caress, well zero chance of a remaster.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

full refund + apology game but i wanted a good simcity dammit!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Huh, I’ve never actually played any of them but until now I always assumed the Xeno series (or at least Gears) was made by Square

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Please Square, remaster this trilogy for modern consoles.

I would rather they do a localization of the DS remakes of Xenosaga 1 and 2 since at least then 2 probably won't be as tediously slow and awful as the original release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

full refund + apology game but i wanted a good simcity dammit!

Simcity 3000 is still my favorite. :( It's basically just Simcity 2000 with better graphics that were really colorful and fun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I would rather they do a localization of the DS remakes of Xenosaga 1 and 2 since at least then 2 probably won't be as tediously slow and awful as the original release.

How are the DS versions better out of curiosity?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

Huh, I’ve never actually played any of them but until now I always assumed the Xeno series (or at least Gears) was made by Square

Nope.

Xenogears was Squaresoft. It was the 5th game in the Xenogears series and the 1st one actually developed and released.

Xenosaga was an attempt to redo and remake their original plan for the Xenogears series but with some name changes, better graphics, and attempting to tell the true 6 game story they had planned out. Namco-Bandai published them (though idk when Namco merged with Bandai so it might've just been Namco for the first game).

However, Xenosaga ended up being bloated and messy. The plan was for there to be 3 separate duologies, Xenosaga 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6. The original plans for 1 ended up being split into 2 games, Xenosaga 1 and Xenosaga 2, but there was enough of a shitshow that when it came time for 3, they just went "gently caress this" and tried to tie up all the plot as nicely as they could, never even finishing the original planned stories of the original 1 & 2 designs and never making it to the 2nd or 3rd duologies.

Nintendo bought Monolith Soft and they eventually made Xenoblade which is its own game, not trying to follow the design plans that Xenogears and Xenosaga tried to follow, but it does still draw from those documents, those games, and those ideas in general, so they're largely new games with original stories but distinct plot beats you can point at and go "oh it really is a Xeno game huh."

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Larryb posted:

Xenogears is Square.
Xenosaga is Bandai-Namco.
Xenoblade is Nintendo.

Xenoverse is also Bandai Namco, but very different.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

How are the DS versions better out of curiosity?

I doubt they could be any worse than how 2 already was.

The battles in the ds one are so much shorter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harada said in 2019 that a Xenosaga remaster wasn't happening, but that was also before Square started churning out remasters of literally everything they've done in the last 25 years for EZ $$$. If Bamco sees that Xenogears gets a remake and does well, then I bet Xenosaga would follow. You'd have to do a little more than update the resolution and character models to fix Part II though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I ended up getting Mass Effect 3.

Now Artifact and New World... those were complete money incinerations lol

new world was worth the money

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah New World had some hideously negative press when it launched but hasn't it been doing alright since then

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah New World had some hideously negative press when it launched but hasn't it been doing alright since then

it's been aggressively treading water with no real indication that AGS is going to invest more than the minimum needed to keep it afloat

it's certainly not a catastrophic disaster like, say, warhammer online or tabula rasa, but it's very much just There at this point

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it was broken and played like trash from the start but if they put some nominal effort into fixing bugs then there's enough unique elements to it that I can see it just carrying a stable population for quite a while. for what it is a smaller player base might work out better bc the average player has more chance to interact with the territory control/clan stuff but I don't know what the day-to-day looks like for a new world player.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was actually really fun to play, the combat is great

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
nah

I've been thinking about the monkey island games after having finished return and I think I'm due for a full revisit. I know the common consensus is that escape is the worst but I'm not so sure tales is going to hold up so well - I liked a few of the telltale games at the time but even they could often feel kind of cheap and very constrained by having to be episodic.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

San and Max is still p good and I'm looking forward to the last remaster and maybe something new as well

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i preordered yiik :shepicide:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theh best thing about new world is that its secretly runescape and everyeone got tricked into playing runescape, whic h is ultimately my dream.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yikes it’s worse than I thought

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1576662221995749376

lmaooooooo PLEASE STOP THIS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

let's remake everything every year

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Playstation 5 has no games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Will it come out May 5th 2023?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gamers: Can we have remastered Bloodborne at least?
Sony: ........
Sony: *remasters Knack*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I said come in! posted:

Gamers: Can we have remastered Bloodborne at least?
Sony: ........
Sony: *remasters Knack*

immediately followed by knack 2 remaster announce trailer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What is there even to remake with horizon??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

prolly the studio talent pool since covid killed the AAA gaming production model

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When are they going to announce the god of war ragnarok remake

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

When are they going to announce the god of war ragnarok remake

I'm really hyped for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux