Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The first reply being a Fatshark employee making fun of him is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they remove the stat screen from the end of runs or something? I wasn't in the beta.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yeah

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I was annoyed by no scoreboard but after playing vermintide 2 for a while I get it, seeing the Legolas player ace every run gets old

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

When someone is chasing green circles to the detriment of the team, i will frequently forget to watch their back for them. Enjoy eating damage from the mobs you left behind! The other players are not here just to clean up stragglers while you get alpha strike on every single ambient spawn.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm totally onboard with them removing the stats screen. Overall, it's a detriment to the game.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

The best use of the score screen in Vermintide 2 is to call any Grail Knights that managed to get a ranged kill unchivalrous.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Stats can be fun to look at and sometimes informative for self improvement but they can absolutely encourage toxicity and can undervalue some meaningful contributions, such as CCing everything with a shield in VT1 which makes the team win but doesn’t make you a personal top scorer on any of the kill stats

If I designed it I would include total stats for the entire match and show you your own breakdown of them, but not show everyone’s individual breakdowns together. that would let you gauge how effective your setup was empirically and let you feel good if you got more than 25% of kills or whatever, but not turn coop matches into a unspoken competition

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That world trailer was really good. I loved the design of the Navigator. Maybe the Imperial Navy should invest in better shielding than some slat blinds.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
A friend of mine just came back to Vermintide 2 and is crashing on loading the Keep. Is this a known/solveable issue?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

That world trailer was really good. I loved the design of the Navigator. Maybe the Imperial Navy should invest in better shielding than some slat blinds.

They use a thing called a gellar field generator to keep the daemons out. But the armored slats are because if the shield fails the armor can hold the baddies off a few seconds longer until the field can hopefully re-establish.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lassitude posted:

They use a thing called a gellar field generator to keep the daemons out. But the armored slats are because if the shield fails the armor can hold the baddies off a few seconds longer until the field can hopefully re-establish.

Yeah traveling without your Gellar Field on is like sticking your hand into a blender. Just think it's funny that the secondary armor shakes like that, because your ship is basically turned into a haunted house during Warp translation.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The only thing I like about the stats screen is rubbing the fact that I lead the team in kills, damage, and revives to the idiots on my teams calling us garbage because they kept going down to plague monks.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I liked comparing my own stats to previous averages. I wouldn't mind a personal stats screen at least.

Also, how was the Lights Out mode? Did anyone give that a shot? I thought it'd be super dark like Vermintide 2 but some videos I've watched make it seem a lot more reasonable and very atmospheric.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Senethro posted:

A friend of mine just came back to Vermintide 2 and is crashing on loading the Keep. Is this a known/solveable issue?

https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021422873--PC-How-to-Resolve-Most-Crashes-in-Vermintide-2-

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lassitude posted:

I liked comparing my own stats to previous averages. I wouldn't mind a personal stats screen at least.

Also, how was the Lights Out mode? Did anyone give that a shot? I thought it'd be super dark like Vermintide 2 but some videos I've watched make it seem a lot more reasonable and very atmospheric.

It might depend on your settings for that. The one I got to play was basically pitch black except for emergency lights and weapon flashlights.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Serpentis posted:

Well, 2 years later and we finally know what happened to those 4 vets from the announcement trailer I guess.

And I suppose Spawn coming back as a boss monster makes sense. :omnom:

Yeah, spawn makes sense because it's largely unchanged from the WHFB version.

Wonder if we're going to get some other large lads as mini-bosses. Maybe a non-named version of the bubble assassination target? Beast of Nurgle too, potentially. Maybe a rotfly?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fifteen nurglings in a trenchcoat Terminator Armor.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm hype as a mfer. Me and the boys are ready for this game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, spawn makes sense because it's largely unchanged from the WHFB version.

Wonder if we're going to get some other large lads as mini-bosses. Maybe a non-named version of the bubble assassination target? Beast of Nurgle too, potentially. Maybe a rotfly?

Purportedly a Beast of Nurgle and Daemonhost have audio files in the beta client but who knows how legit that is. It'd make plenty of sense.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ichabod Tane posted:

I'm hype as a mfer. Me and the boys are ready for this game.

Same. I've been recruiting.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Fifteen nurglings in a trenchcoat Terminator Armor.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Commissar Hugh Mann reporting for dooty.

Heh. Dooty.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Al-Saqr posted:

Vermintide is making a really big comeback!

https://twitter.com/VermintideGame/status/1590056742263656449?s=20&t=Xkeh7Gqap20cfaDmDeplCQ

also they released a short story for the psykers.

https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/status/1590434055123652608?s=20&t=jpwiI4NAmswmK0A-mvEXGw

I'm pretty optimistic despite the voice acting that the story will be good, Dan Abnett is a pretty incredible writer so I think he will make something good of the plot overall.

Wait Abnett is writing this? As in Dan “I wrote basically 95% of the top books in WH40K lore” Abnett?

Rad as hell.

Orv
May 4, 2011

tehinternet posted:

Wait Abnett is writing this? As in Dan “I wrote basically 95% of the top books in WH40K lore” Abnett?

Rad as hell.

The lore surrounding the sector and whatever amount of primary story there is, yeah.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Serpentis posted:

Well, 2 years later and we finally know what happened to those 4 vets from the announcement trailer I guess.

And I suppose Spawn coming back as a boss monster makes sense. :omnom:

This is what happens when you run a team with 4 ranged specs, smdh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mayflahs

I'll miss that group of idiots in Darktide

I really wanted them to be transplanted into Darktide 1:1 no questions asked but alas

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 11, 2022

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

RBA Starblade posted:

Mayflahs

I'll miss that group of idiots in Darktide

I really wanted them to be transplanted into Darktide 1:1 no questions asked but alas

Skittergate portal opens and Bardin slayer-leaps out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I will attempt to make my Ogryn as slayer-like as possible in his honor

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pennsylvanian posted:

Skittergate portal opens and Bardin slayer-leaps six inches forward before getting caught on a piece of invisible geometry, glitching into the floor because the Skittergate is a cursed map.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Did anyone here play the updated version of Deathwing a few years ago? Was it any good?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

nope. it has some great detailed environments but the gameplay just isn't good for a number of reasons and a lot of the presentation still feels highly unfinished. I would legitimately have a higher opinion of it overall if the game was just walking around the maps and looking at them with no enemies.

Orv
May 4, 2011

S.J. posted:

Did anyone here play the updated version of Deathwing a few years ago? Was it any good?

Better but still mostly mediocre. Which is a shame cause they nailed the aesthetics.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So is there a lore reason why I can't play a female Ogryn or is that just a Darktide choice?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

So is there a lore reason why I can't play a female Ogryn or is that just a Darktide choice?

They're mostly not a thing, AFAIK? At least, not a thing that has been definitively laid out in canon or forms that would tie into a game like this.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Interesting. With no lore explanation as to why they don't exist? If I remember correctly, space Orks are basically mushrooms, so there's no men or women, but they actually took the time to explain it. As a Warhammer lore newbie.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm not sure if Ogryn lore has been developed enough for that at all tbh

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Perfect. So I can drunkenly and loudly roleplay my Ogryn however I'd like.

Thank you!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along the lines of 'no one who isn't an ogryn can really tell, and who's going to ask?' Plus no one generally gives a poo poo at this point in 40k lore development, the only serious sexism that seems to exist in the setting is imperial marines not being female and getting made fun of by Fabius Bile about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If it makes you feel better the imperial guard Cadians are getting Ms. Trunchbull from Matilda as it’s supreme commander in the tabletop game

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ursula_Creed