Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well when you have a top 5 pick this year might as well move on from a Dalton line qb. That poor prospect getting tossed to McDaniels though

Counterpoint: Tebow Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVnLsODqqg&t=23s

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BrownThunder posted:

Your team is 6-3 and lost to their kryptonite on the road in overtime by a field goal.

There are multiple franchises in true actual despair

Like, in the nicest way, shut this whiny poo poo up

Counterpoint: a Cowboys win would have put Detroit at 2nd in the NFCN at 3-6, which would have been extremely funny.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

How have people forgotten the Raiders already traded for Jarret Stidham? McDaniels is the most predictable gently caress on the planet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Simplex posted:

How have people forgotten the Raiders already traded for Jarret Stidham? McDaniels is the most predictable gently caress on the planet.

Having a backup who's familiar with your system isn't the dumbest idea.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Having a backup who's familiar with your system isn't the dumbest idea.

Nah I called it when they hired him that he was going to trade for Stidham and run Carr out of town. It's the exact same poo poo he did in Denver.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Simplex posted:

Nah I called it when they hired him that he was going to trade for Stidham and run Carr out of town. It's the exact same poo poo he did in Denver.

If this happens Adams definitely revolts, him and Carr are close

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
On the very toxic do not recommend raiders Reddit someone did point out that carrs career with the raiders is akin to Alex Smith with the 9ers and I can kind of see it. if they’re dumb enough to cut him (because he has a no trade clause) I’ll hate the raiders forever and hope he succeeds elsewhere. He’s already broken his leg so that part is not allowed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BrownThunder posted:

Your team is 6-3 and lost to their kryptonite on the road in overtime by a field goal.

There are multiple franchises in true actual despair

Like, in the nicest way, shut this whiny poo poo up

No

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Lmao if McDaniels trades away another franchise qb while he sets another teams roster on fire

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why should the 2-7 Raiders pay an aging QB 30m to 40m a year over drafting someone?

Derek is a big boy, he knew what signing that extension with the low guarantees meant if he wasn't like leading the Raiders deep into the playoffs this season.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Why should the 2-7 Raiders pay an aging QB 30m to 40m a year over drafting someone?

Derek is a big boy, he knew what signing that extension with the low guarantees meant if he wasn't like leading the Raiders deep into the playoffs this season.

Counterpoint: you're discussing the idea of the Raiders successfully drafting someone in the first round.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Highbrow Slick posted:

On the very toxic do not recommend raiders Reddit someone did point out that carrs career with the raiders is akin to Alex Smith with the 9ers and I can kind of see it. if they’re dumb enough to cut him (because he has a no trade clause) I’ll hate the raiders forever and hope he succeeds elsewhere. He’s already broken his leg so that part is not allowed.

at this point it would be cool to see Carr skate away to finish up his career with a less garbage franchise team that isn't being held down by a ref conspiracy, a decade with the Raiders is more than anyone deserves

maybe McDaniels can make a Tebow-tier future QB pick and sink things a little deeper on his way out

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Carr to the Texans for a second. You know McDaniels would take it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why should the Raiders trade their QB on the slim hope they can draft a QB that produces around the same amount but slightly cheaper

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why should the Raiders trade their QB on the slim hope they can draft a QB that produces around the same amount but slightly cheaper

Buys the coaching staff more time?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Derek Carr has been underrated and seemingly unwanted his entire career. Hope he goes somewhere decent.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Worked for the bengals. If they think they can get a Burrow out of the deal do it.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Carr to the Texans for a second. You know McDaniels would take it.

That would be super funny because at the time the only reason the Texans didn’t draft him in 2014 was his name.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A big flaming stink posted:

Lmao if McDaniels trades away another franchise qb while he sets another teams roster on fire

He’s gonna draft Anthony Richardson, the poor man’s Tim Tebow.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s gonna draft Anthony Richardson, the poor man’s Tim Tebow.
If there’s anyone you can trust to pick your franchise QB, it’s Josh McDaniels!

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That was a nice win. Always nice to beat an LA team.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

rjmccall posted:

That was a nice win. Always nice to beat an LA team.

Seems to happen quite a lot lately

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Got completely outmatched in the 2nd half. Ah well.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Redeye Flight posted:

Counterpoint: you're discussing the idea of the Raiders successfully drafting someone in the first round.

whoa, hey buddy, how do you argue with THIS kind of success??? :colbert:

2022: N/A (no pick)
2021: Alex Leatherwood (cut after rookie season)
2020: Henry Ruggs (jailed for murder) + Damon Arnette (cut for death threats)
2019: Clelin Ferrell (contract year after fifth-year option refused) + Josh Jacobs (good) + Johnathan Abram (cut)
2018: Kolton Miller (who the gently caress is this, re-signed though)
2017: Gareon Conley (traded for third-rounder)
2016: Karl Joseph (fifth-year option refused)

If you look at the past seven years, that's nine first round picks, of whom.... one has been good and a second managed to get a brief contract extension.

jesus christ

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Speaking of drafting:

There are now four first round picks from a team, that are already traded to another team, currently in the top ten of the draft lol.

Also dang, lions winning this week dropped them a bajillion points in draft position.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

surf rock posted:

whoa, hey buddy, how do you argue with THIS kind of success??? :colbert:

2022: N/A (no pick)
2021: Alex Leatherwood (cut after rookie season)
2020: Henry Ruggs (jailed for murder) + Damon Arnette (cut for death threats)
2019: Clelin Ferrell (contract year after fifth-year option refused) + Josh Jacobs (good) + Johnathan Abram (cut)
2017: Gareon Conley (traded for third-rounder)
2016: Karl Joseph (fifth-year option refused)

If you look at the past seven years, that's nine first round picks, of whom.... one has been good and a second managed to get a brief contract extension.

jesus christ
I've got bad news for you about Jacobs 5th year option.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

surf rock posted:

good Left Tackle, despite looking like a bust early on

only pick that's going to have had any long term meaning once Jacobs is gone

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Speaking of drafting:

There are now four first round picks from a team, that are already traded to another team, currently in the top ten of the draft lol.

Also dang, lions winning this week dropped them a bajillion points in draft position.

The Detroit Lions, by winning their last two games have dropped from picking #2 overall to #11.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Vegas not trade their 2023 pick for Adams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Vegas not trade their 2023 pick for Adams

2022 First and Second

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Kalli posted:

The Detroit Lions, by winning their last two games have dropped from picking #2 overall to #11.

The top 10 worst teams are basically the same flavor of mediocre to bad. So much of the league has 3 wins.

9 teams have 3 wins. It's fuckin' insane.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Speaking of, congratulations to the nfl which now has over half of its teams at .500 or better for the first time since week 1

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Raiders shouldn't even think about ditching Carr to draft a QB until they put a consistent run of functional drafts together.

As stated above, their draft record in recent years is laugh out loud bad.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

John McClane posted:

Speaking of, congratulations to the nfl which now has over half of its teams at .500 or better for the first time since week 1

Boooooo

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JuJu is in the concussion protocol. Of course they picked the flag up for *reasons*

Clown show referees. Same dickbag came in with another hit to the head on MVS later.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/sosa1287_/status/1591843413640577024?s=20&t=iuBa5j2O9Or_RhFJYQbAnQ

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Pretty sure the Raiders should concentrate on getting anything going on defense before they start tinkering with the other side of the ball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Seahawks are better than anyone thought they would be but they also haven't beaten anyone this year.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

The Seahawks are better than anyone thought they would be but they also haven't beaten anyone this year.

Not a whole lot of teams to beat in the NFC :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

They've beat 5 teams.

The Colts beat the Chiefs. A win is a win.

No one gives a poo poo who you beat once the playoffs start.