Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

It's always unsettling, getting called out by The Creeps

Luann

I admit that I'll read the occasional romance novel, but it's gotta have people getting busy on the cover or at least on the inside flap or I'm not giving it a second glance.

I know this is a comic strip and there isn't room for that kind of detail, but I'm still a little disappointed that there are no smoochers on this terrible, terrible romance cover.

Gil Thorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I Miss Broodhollow.

riderchop posted:

sorry is this about lion semen

I'm Sorry This Is Apparently About Lion Semen

bill hollbrook startin' off the new year's "whaaat the gently caress?" STRONG, folks!!!!!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/10-12/49

Archie 2/14-16/46

Bank Night was an event at some movie theaters where a random member of the audience got a cash prize. Along with half-price admission (as seen here), it was a way for theaters to get people to come out in the middle of the week.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

i've never hated being right more in my life

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
So which politician does Seminole Sam represent?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

look at that sweetie

Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

So which politician does Seminole Sam represent?

It's too early in the strip's run for politics; Wiley Cat and Seminole Sam are just what they seem to be.

Simple J. Malarkey, the Joe McCarthy expy, does resemble Wiley, but he won't show up until 1953.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 4, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How drat long has this "Gonna sell the van, mmyep, any day now" poo poo dragged on for

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How drat long has this "Gonna sell the van, mmyep, any day now" poo poo dragged on for

it got interrupted by the Boomer Doesn't Understand Why People Under 40 Care About Pronouns Sasquatch arc so we have to basically start over

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I love that drat octopus. :allears:

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

How will Mandrake get out of this pickle?
Perhaps there is a third bush for someone to pop out of to save him.

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

What Mary Worth has joined together, let no man tear asunder.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

And Sunday's finally appeared.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I was absent for awhile. How did the Mary Worth cougar reconcile that her fiance is subconsciously attracted to the nanny/twin?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

computer angel posted:

I was absent for awhile. How did the Mary Worth cougar reconcile that her fiance is subconsciously attracted to the nanny/twin?

mary: "get over it!"
iris: "okay"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

mary: "get over it!"
iris: "okay"

i don't actually remember the resolution but this probably isn't far off

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

computer angel posted:

Mary basically said "look you can't exactly prove the fact that he's got a crush on her when it just sounds like she was a mother figure to him at a young age, also he's been desperate to marry you, he was the one who kept popping the question to you, I think you're overthinking this because part of you is still unsure if you ever want to get married again" and Iris basically just said "...y'know, maybe so" and bam time skip.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Jan 16-17, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Oct 21-24, 1992)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights hasn't updated yet.

e: There it goes, I apparently cut it too close to midnight.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 4, 2023

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics

This Guy: I respect Toby!

Also This Guy: You didn't slap me, so I still have a chance! :dong:

Ahh, the 80's

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I'm extremely irritated that this is basically the only time we've ever seen Ed express a sincere, spontaneous interest in physical fitness and his wife is making GBS threads all over him because she believes, simultaneously, that pole vaulting is disproportionately dangerous compared to other physical activities and also that it's a dumb sport for babies.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Professor Wayne posted:

look at that sweetie

honestly my favorite part about the Overboard Octopus was trying to figure out what the artist was trying to draw when I was cropping it out.

Nose? Mouth? Tentacle contour? Both? Neither? Eyes to one side? Eyes in the center? Madness.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm extremely irritated that this is basically the only time we've ever seen Ed express a sincere, spontaneous interest in physical fitness and his wife is making GBS threads all over him because she believes, simultaneously, that pole vaulting is disproportionately dangerous compared to other physical activities and also that it's a dumb sport for babies.
At this point I have to assume it's because the instructor is Russian, as has been very clearly established.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

At this point I have to assume it's because the instructor is Russian, as has been very clearly established.

I refuse to believe Kelley is anti-Russian right now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kavak posted:

I refuse to believe Kelley is anti-Russian right now.

that's why the anti-russian sentiment is coming from his LAZY FREELOADER MILLENNIAL NO-GOOD TEENAGER and his BRUTISH NAGGING BALL AND CHAIN WIFE. they're stopping him from getting his LEGITIMATE GOP DONATIONS to our OVERSEAS PATRIOTIC ASSOCIATES

just imagine I relabeled this terrible comic in the style of an onion kelly cartoon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hello, I bring to you the last Nekonaughey of 2022 and an album link for the year - https://imgur.com/a/KfynYpw

Nekonaughey

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 31, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Giant Ethicist posted:

Cthulhu and Girl

Panel one and panel three Cthulhu would be adorable avatars. Man, I really love this comic

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Panel one and panel three Cthulhu would be adorable avatars. Man, I really love this comic

e: did my best for one without the speech (thought?) bubble as well

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 4, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 06, 1955)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Kazinsal posted:

e: did my best for one without the speech (thought?) bubble as well

You're my hero!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

davidspackage posted:

Yeah, same. I'll be half-aware I'm dreaming, imagining a store filling up with impatient customers and go "gently caress this, not on my time!" and either force myself awake or walk out.
I left my last job to go self-employed over 18 years ago, but my stress dream is invariably some take on "it's my last day, and I promised everything would be wrapped up before I finish, but somehow not a single thing has been done by the deadline."

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Those are adorable! The original of the comic in question is here if you/anyone wants a cleaner image.

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

Cthulhu and Girl

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel posted:

How will Mandrake get out of this pickle?

lol, well played

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

lol, well played

gently caress. Give him a spin-off strip.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

GO SAVE HIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/3/03

Brenda Starr 2/20-22/50

Smokey Stover 2/24/52

Would you know that was supposed to be Truman in panel two if Holman hadn't stuck on a label?

Everyday Movies 12/17/35

"I'm frantic thinking what to give Bob for Christmas. He has a cigaret case, you know."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/13-15/40

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 4, 2023