Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Is there going to be an eviction this week with no HoH? That would make for three non- eliminations total and we still have more than half of the house playing with a bit less than half the game to go. I still wonder what if anything production did to the schedule after Luke was a racist jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

^burtle posted:

My guess is they’ll vote in instead of out but what a waste of a week.
A vote-in would be the best way to handle it, it's the only thing that would make anything in the house matter this week. At least then you could have some action as people court one another on who to bring back. If there's no HoH/eviction and the returnee comes in via comp then why even bother, they could just send everyone to disneyland for the week or something

Production was really stupid to not just save Kirsten at the beginning. Would've saved us from needing an additional non-elim week and I feel like she could've stabilized a bit and been fun. Instead it's gonna be a whole week where we knew Cameron was going, and then realistically something like a whole week for Cameron to come back, and then another whole week for Cameron to go back out again. Or Jared comes back screwing over Corey, when one of the most intriguing things was going to be how Cirie plays with Jared gone.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yknow, with two net non eliminations (canceled eviction and revived houseguest) i do wonder if we're definitely gonna be due another double later in the season, or worse yet, the dreaded canadian Triple Eviction

i’m almost 100% sure there will be since this one didn’t evict anyone, let alone two people.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I am far behind because my kid got bored of it - has Jared told the secret to anyone else?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pillowpants posted:

I am far behind because my kid got bored of it - has Jared told the secret to anyone else?

Not as far as we know, just Blue

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They held a bunch of challenges and cameron basically swept jared, so on thursday cameron will have a solo challenge to determine if he reenters the game or not. It sounds like jared has no shot but it wasnt exactly clear how the zombie revival works.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My understanding is they’re expecting the final challenge to be pretty easy since you had to earn the right to play it, but if Cameron chooses to attempt it and fails, Jared comes back. And Cameron also has the option to “play or pass” so he can make Jared do it instead of himself if he wants, then Jared would have to win it to return instead.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

also it’s still only Saturday lol. Now they just chill til Thursday? Unbelievable

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

also it’s still only Saturday lol. Now they just chill til Thursday? Unbelievable

It is nice to finally know for sure which side of the bb/survivor slice gets its bread buttered by the network

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It feels like this thought crosses my mind every season but this truly is the worst twist of all time. This week is entirely pointless AND ends with one of the two most unlikeable players coming back? Quite possibly season-ruining.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This is making me think of Kaitlyn tying and failing to put a puzzle of herself together.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shneak posted:

It feels like this thought crosses my mind every season but this truly is the worst twist of all time. This week is entirely pointless AND ends with one of the two most unlikeable players coming back? Quite possibly season-ruining.
nah there have been far worse and some far more blatantly an excuse for production to interfere

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The game has truly been reduced to a dead stop. This is reminding me a lot of Survivor: Redemption Island for all the wrong reasons.

https://twitter.com/ArmstrongTaran/status/1705067057111523761

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
writers are striking; they may stretch it out til christmas, who knows. also I don’t mind Cameron coming back in, even though he’ll probably get voted out next eviction. he’s been the best competitor this season

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Cameron competed in his solo comp and was successful. He’s been revived and Jared is finally eliminated.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cameron is the new HOH

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Cameron is the new HOH
:lol:

Of course

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

felicia and mecole nominated :whitewater:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

STONE COLD 64 posted:

felicia and mecole nominated :whitewater:

Cam straight up told Felicia this afternoon that she was going up. He also told her he was putting up Mecole next to her because he knew she was the only person who would take her down. Felicia was pretty shook that he had figured that part out.

Blue was campaigning to Cam to get Cory out, but oh well.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Cam won veto too lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I dont know how he continues to do it

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Bye, Felicia :smith:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
If he refers to himself as "daddy" one more time, I'm self-evicting from sanity.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I dont know how he continues to do it

Maybe this was a rhetorical question but the answer is simple

For like the last 4-5 years the comps have been designed to benefit physically capable players, and the way Big Brother is cast that ends up meaning "all the men".

Reilly only won the first HOH because (most of) the other players threw it, and Felicia won HOH on a 90% RNG Plinko golf course. Those are the only comps won by women this year.

Hamsterwatch Dot Com posted:

Season Stats
HOHs in order: Reilly; Hisam; Felicia; Cameron; Jared; Cameron; Jared; Cory; nobody; Cameron

Veto winners in order: Hisam; Hisam; Jag; Red; Cameron; Jared; Jag; Matt; nobody; Cameron

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 1, 2023

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It isn’t as black and white as that since America threw the pressure cooker and one of his veto wins was the mini glass stack wasn’t it? It seems like casting tried to an angle for a less physical cast this season to increase the odds of variety but it hasn’t really worked out.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

^burtle posted:

It isn’t as black and white as that since America threw the pressure cooker and one of his veto wins was the mini glass stack wasn’t it? It seems like casting tried to an angle for a less physical cast this season to increase the odds of variety but it hasn’t really worked out.

It hasn't worked out, generally, because of the exact thing I said. Even supposing we add the the two examples you mention to the womens' count, that's still 14 comps won by men and 4 by women.

The period where Jared and Cameron were alternating HOHs and Vetos is still indicative of the larger problem that goes back to at least BB22. That year, all but 2 of the HOHs and most of the vetos were won by Cody, Enzo, Memphis, and Tyler (the guy the put on The Challenge USA this year because he's a beast).

Or, to use a specific example from this year, recall that the two handholds each player had on The Wall were all the same height, regardless of what station they were at. This was a problem for Cory and America, who both said afterward they were too short to grab one handhold properly and too tall to grab the other. At least when Survivor does endurance challenges each player's station is set to account for their individual height. That would have been nice, and would certainly have given production more/better footage for the show.

Only Jared and Matt were anywhere close to winning the vampire stake veto during the Double Eviction, because of all the running around the comp required. Only Matt, Jag, and Cameron were anywhere close to finishing the rocket puzzle, same reason even if this was more fair than others. Same reason Chicken Jag smoked the chicken comp all those years ago in Week 3.

Anyway at this point the game is Matt's to lose, and I don't think anyone else is particularly close, because he can win a shitload of comps and he's not on anyone's radar as a threat somehow.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fuckin Bowie Jane

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Hahah, what kind of weird hell with this end up being I wonder.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

27? 627? I love Big Brother math

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Price is Right Rules, closest without going over lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mp5 posted:

Fuckin Bowie Jane

Chaos week. Everyone better try and be the last to talk to her before norms.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

27? 627? I love Big Brother math

Clearly a throw attempt lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chaos reigns

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Call me crazy but I'm kind of looking forward to the Bowie HoH. She's been floating pretty competently, so this will show whether she's just doing Matt and Jag's buzzing or if she actually had her thinking cap on.

Probably Matt and Jag but we'll see.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Propaganda Machine posted:

Call me crazy but I'm kind of looking forward to the Bowie HoH. She's been floating pretty competently, so this will show whether she's just doing Matt and Jag's buzzing or if she actually had her thinking cap on.

Probably Matt and Jag but we'll see.

I think she's closest to Cam since they both got betrayed by the Red eviction but it probably comes down to whatever duo manipluates her best.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

curiousCat posted:

Clearly a throw attempt lol

Apparently she parsed the question as “how many minutes between Jared leaving in the double and coming back as a zombie” and then didn’t realize the actual question until right before they locked in? which, to her credit, is like the only logical way I could come up with to answer the way she did lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah she was trying to win, she just couldn't hear Julie very well. I feel like if she was trying to throw she would have gotten at least one of the seven 50/50 questions wrong to that point.

Bowie seems to be the only one who wants to get rid of Cirie. She might also still be mad about Cirie and Felicia mistreating her for the first half of the season.

Everyone wants her to either backdoor Cam or Cory but she just does not give a poo poo lol

Blue has taken up Bowie's old job of walking into a room and passively causing all game conversation to shut down

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

bowie confirmed in confessional that she was trying to throw :shobon:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

People lie about that in diary room all the time to save face with the audience and appear crafty. This is a show where the audience rewards players they like with game-changing powerups and there's still 30 days or so left to introduce America's Player or some other poo poo.

It's definitely possible, but I still think if she was really trying to throw she wouldn't have gotten all seven prior questions right. Or maybe she was guessing them all and managed a 1-in-128 outcome by going 7/7 but that seems even less likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think felicia is my favorite player in the house and the person i want to see win the most. Shes tremendous tv