Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

mean people suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

redshirt posted:

lol check out Metamucil. It's super easy, just a couple of glasses of this powder mixed with water. Chug it down. It turns into this gel, and like a Roto-Rooter you can imagine it just sweeping those intestines.

I’ll give it a go, why not. Turning 44 today and can bring in the new year with some loving Metamucil lol I will read my AARP application letters while I savor it.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im 40 and ive been renting since my 20s but when i get a lawn i cant wait to get mad when people walk on it

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It is as they say, Youth is wasted on the young. I will also say that you never realise how young you are until you're older.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

rio posted:

I’ll give it a go, why not. Turning 44 today and can bring in the new year with some loving Metamucil lol I will read my AARP application letters while I savor it.

Sorry you can't subscribe to AARP till you're 50. For now.

But don't fret, it will be here before you know it.

Also, happy birthday!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hackers film 1995 posted:

im 40 and ive been renting since my 20s but when i get a lawn i cant wait to get mad when people walk on it

i kinda feel like I've blown past my opportunity of owning a place that both has a lawn and is in a neighborhood where people walk

I will say that the 55+ senior rentals are extremely enticing. Ten more years! :toot: but also :smith:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

Lawns suck. For so many different reasons I could go on at length with, point by point. I could try and summarize. Or, it doesn't matter.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

redshirt posted:

Sorry you can't subscribe to AARP till you're 50. For now.

But don't fret, it will be here before you know it.

Also, happy birthday!

Thanks! Oddly I’ve been getting AARP application letters since my early 30s. I’m not exactly sure how I got on their list - I guess they really know the kind of value I could bring to their organization.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

credburn posted:

I've spent more than half my life on these forums.

Posting to check my regdate

E: gently caress, I think I'm the same or close. I'm 38 and have been regd for 16 years but was a lurker for a few before that, I remember reading the forums while I was still at school.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im 38 and got a google photos "10 years ago" reminder of a picture of the view from my first desk with a view out the window.

that was like AT MOST 5 years ago.

what the gently caress happened :negative:

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
I'm like 32 and I go to somethingawful dot com to feel younger.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

putin is a oval office posted:

Posting to check my regdate

E: gently caress, I think I'm the same or close. I'm 38 and have been regd for 16 years but was a lurker for a few before that, I remember reading the forums while I was still at school.

What up 07 friend, I also lurked and read long before I broke down and bought an account. I remember spending hours going through PSP’s in my high school computer lab my like Junior/Senior year.

Has anyone in the back half of your 30’s actually had MORE success making GBS threads like clockwork without Metamucil intervention? Feel like I need to be doing more kegels or something because my rear end has a window and I dare not defy it now lest there be public consequences.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I’m old enough to have a bunch of gray hair. That all started when I hit 27 and it’s been getting more gray ever since

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Corn Glizzy posted:

Has anyone in the back half of your 30’s actually had MORE success making GBS threads like clockwork without Metamucil intervention? Feel like I need to be doing more kegels or something because my rear end has a window and I dare not defy it now lest there be public consequences.
Please eat a vegetable.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The mental age range is probably a lot lower than the physical one.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Corn Glizzy posted:

What up 07 friend, I also lurked and read long before I broke down and bought an account. I remember spending hours going through PSP’s in my high school computer lab my like Junior/Senior year.

yes i just eat fruit and vegetables

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Das Boo posted:

All my nice left in my 20s.
All my rage will probably be left with my 30's.

Despite all my rage
I'm still just a goon at old age

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This should have been a poll. :effort:

I've spent my entire adult life on these forums.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

math tells me that i've been on the forums for approximately 30.8% of my life

it seems like more than that, but numbers don't lie

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Corn Glizzy posted:

my rear end has a window and I dare not defy it now lest there be public consequences.

Do you mean like the Overton Window? The range of publicly acceptable poop?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grey Cat posted:

Despite all my rage

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't trust 'em.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
We’re all at the age where you bend over to pick up your can of Metamucil and throw your back out for three days.

Seriously though, don’t forget your poopin powder.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Outrail posted:

Yeah, people think I'm 32 if I bother shaving and I blew past 40 a while ago. Still falling apart on the inside tho.

How many bad knees are posting on these forums? I reckon about two thirds of us at least.

I'm planning on getting my first knee replacement in October. I'll do the second one a year after that.

gently caress I'm old.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Well I may be a young whippersnapper at the tender age of 32 but I gotta say I’m perennially so grateful to have fallen in with you (now decrepit) nerds :swoon: .. Like a few posters mentioned before itt, my forums account is also recently past the half-of-my-life mark. Even in the times when I was lurking rather than posting, these forums really have been such a positive and enriching influence on my life.. Here’s to many more years!

Minotaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 27, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

daslog posted:

I'm planning on getting my first knee replacement in October. I'll do the second one a year after that.

gently caress I'm old.

You should take this one supplement that's been shown to do nothing but I swear it works my mum started using it four years ago and only one of her knees blew out after that and doncha know the doctor said it wouldn't have if she hadn't taken them but what do those quacks know anyway so I reckon if you take it twice a day you'll be right oh and don't forget to sorry what were we talking about?

DJ Sizzle
Jul 24, 2002

ASK ME ABOUT BEING OLD
Fun Shoe

pencilhands posted:

I'm assuming most of us are olds at this point but like, how old? 30s? 40s?

I am drat near 50

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

DJ Sizzle posted:

I am drat near 50

i have shoes older than you, sonny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Despite all my rage

that hits pretty hard. Also it is pretty funny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that hits pretty hard. Also it is pretty funny

I think I made the same joke earlier in this thread, with no credit. I could be wrong thoough. I don't truly care you know...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I think I made the same joke earlier in this thread, with no credit. I could be wrong thoough. I don't truly care you know...

I also think you are funny Redshirt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I also think you are funny Redshirt

No, it's ok, I know. I am not. Thanks though. I do appreciate it. :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

No, it's ok, I know. I am not. Thanks though. I do appreciate it. :)

Didn't mean to sound condescending. I do find you amusing and like interacting with you.
That might also sound condescending

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Despite all my age
I'm still just a goon on fifth page

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Despite all my age
I'm still just a goon on fifth page

in-between a sip of coke he told me he had signed up for Forums.somethingawful.com

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Didn't mean to sound condescending. I do find you amusing and like interacting with you.
That might also sound condescending

Yeah a little bit but I get the pickle you're in....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Yeah a little bit but I get the pickle you're in....

so, now what? Do we... Do we make out?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

so, now what? Do we... Do we make out?

We could just skate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

We could just skate

like Tony Hawk? I got some cheat codes for his third game that lets you play as Spider-Man