Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Not that Atlanta is full up on running back or anything too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Not that Atlanta is full up on running back or anything too

Seems like overloading on offensive positions they have locks on is their thing lol

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Well, at least he's not a noodle-armed QB for the Pats

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yes, please.

https://x.com/nolanbianchi/status/1784321752866213916?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Good RAS
Captain/Leader
Injury history

Brad Holmes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

The Pats took the same guy I did in the Goon draft! I think this means the end of the Zappe era in Foxborough.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tandey

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

pmchem posted:

another 'meh' WR pick for the eagles. I guess they really don't like their receiving depth behind AJB/devonta/goedert

I think they're having a nice draft. Might be depth, but it's good prospect depth. It's a lot better than your team taking random dude 4 to sit on the practice squad. Wilson and Smith have really good production profiles, and you got them for value.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Anderson Koopa posted:

The Pats took the same guy I did in the Goon draft! I think this means the end of the Zappe era in Foxborough.

yes but in a weird twist, they only took joe to pick up and physically throw bailey out of town

last i heard he was currently over albany

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I didn't know the bully from A Christmas Story played football

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

omg the puppers :3:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

:siren: KICKER PICKED

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

yes but in a weird twist, they only took joe to pick up and physically throw bailey out of town

last i heard he was currently over albany

Where is he projected to land?

Also, the Patriots needed a QB so badly, they took 2.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like that this tackle Buffalo just picked has highlights where he mostly does his job and the poor receiver on his team gets lit the gently caress up by his QB throwing hospital balls.

e: oops wasn't the Bills, maybe Travis Glover for the Packers

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 27, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Anderson Koopa posted:

Where is he projected to land?

Also, the Patriots needed a QB so badly, they took 2.

Orbit, unfortunately

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Woke up from a nap to find out that we drafted a Bub Means.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I can't believe the Ravens drafted their next franchise QB

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
lmao 7th round pom walking up on stage

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

The Bills took a rugby player from England who isn't a kicker.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Brenden Rice goes to the Chargers and gets drafted ahead of Tahj Washington. Ok....

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
#Raiders LB Eichenberg: "My love for the game is unmatched. There's nothing else in life I want to do."

I love football psychopaths on my team

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Black Sunshine posted:

#Raiders LB Eichenberg: "My love for the game is unmatched. There's nothing else in life I want to do."

I love football psychopaths on my team

He'll fit right in with Mad Maxx

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

The Bills took a rugby player from England who isn't a kicker.

Hey, at least they got a dude who knows how to tackle

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Brenden Rice goes to the Chargers and gets drafted ahead of Tahj Washington. Ok....

I wanted him for the Saints as payback for the 80s/90s from his dad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm excited to see the two ??????? the Broncos are drafting this round.Already preparing my A+ grades

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Patriots are about to make their final pick!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i dont hate the Troy Franklin + Bo Nix combo going to the Broncos. That could be fun

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The NFL Draft Prospect Experience

https://x.com/LeslieMinesIII/status/1784051734047830238

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Holy poo poo Bengals got my guy, Matt Lee. Center of the future, will immediately challenge Volson at guard.

Or he just sucks and that's why he went in the 7th round. Could go either way.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I kept waiting for it, and it did not disappoint.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The covid years really screw up time. Michael Barrett started playing college football in 2018.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kalen King going three picks before the end...Marvin Harrison Jr. straight up murdered that man's draft stock

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm excited to see the two ??????? the Broncos are drafting this round.Already preparing my A+ grades

WR speedy, big WR and a big ol' Center

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Real talk: NFL should phase out the 7th round of the draft. It doesn't produce many players of importance, and at this point it's probably more importantly bad TV. Let those guys go be UDFA's and make that process slightly more interesting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Real talk: NFL should phase out the 7th round of the draft. It doesn't produce many players of importance, and at this point it's probably more importantly bad TV. Let those guys go be UDFA's and make that process slightly more interesting

What if instead they add gimmicks to the final round

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Not a bad idea but don't 7th rounders generally get things that UFDAs don't with their contracts and league benefits?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

WR speedy, big WR and a big ol' Center

Reading up on our new fatman, he's a LT/C so that's nice. Probably PS material though?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Counterpoint: You just never know

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not a bad idea but don't 7th rounders generally get things that UFDAs don't with their contracts and league benefits?

A 4 year contract vs a 3 year with typically $100-150k guaranteed vs 10-25% of that for typical UDFA's. However the top % of UDFA's can actually pull slightly higher then a 7th rounder contract because capitalism. Teams have a UDFA contract bonus pool that's like a bit under $200k right now, easiest thing to do is just add that 7th round number to it and let teams spread it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Silly Burrito posted:

Counterpoint: You just never know

Honestly, I'm willing to bet that a lot of QBs that have been taken in the 7th round would be taken in the sixth round if there were only six rounds. I think the value of possibly getting your guy and not letting him go to negotiations might be enough for a lot of teams.