Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Sometimes I wish I streamed. Walked into the safe zone to four people talking about home the safe zone was about to become compromised and how they were going to fix it. Grab TFC Special, walk into building. Wait. Guy number four is running around, I can't keep track of him. So when the safe zone fails, I immediately drop two of the three guys out in the street. The third guy tries to run, but basically dies instantly too. I switch to the CRU because I'm out of shotgun shells. The three pubbies start crying in chat. Guy number four sprints full-speed around the corner and gets CRU'd in the stomach. They were really mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
I can see how the safe zone thing is really getting people to work together and totally isn't just creating an exploitable murder trap with infinite uses.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Man, gently caress these safe-zone-camping clans. Found two dudes killing pubbies from the safe zone. Pop one, a third snipes me. I spawn nearby, run back, kill another three, and somehow there are still more coming back to the safe zone. Seriously, loot loving everywhere, and most of it will despawn before the remaining idiots quell the Nether and kill anyone else who runs by.

Edit: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Come camp safe zones with me.

Oh, hey, patch notes for tomorrow:

quote:

· Major fix for a bug causing lag and server degradation over time
· General performance improvements for the game client
· Fixed a bug causing very low framerates in certain circumstances
· Added a new Surge objective
· Players must kill a mini-boss that attacks random areas of the city

· Speed hackers will now be logged and automatically banned from all servers after enough offenses
· Added support for VAC which will be turned on in the next patch
· VAC is now active for Nether, but VAC bans will not begin to be enforced on servers until the next patch

· Objective information is now displayed more clearly on the map
· Food and healing items will now stack to some degree
· Food and healing items will be harder to use in combat due to a longer hold timer for the quickslot

· Added a throwable “road flare” which lights up an area for 60 seconds
· Added a throwable “smoke grenade” which causes a visual impediment for 30 seconds
· Reduced nametag display distance to about 15 meters
· Added 2 versions of a Pilgrim Hat for Thanksgiving (limited time only!)
· Fixed some incorrect icons in the inventory UI
· Reduced base player speed in walk and crouch
· Players will now gain small amounts of XP for selling items
· Players will now gain XP in a radius when Nether are killed

· Nether-skin backpack will now only be purchasable using in-game cash
· Added on/off sounds for flashlight
· Minor store price rebalance
· Fixed some 3rd person animation issues with regards to players rotating around their pivot point
· You can now delete your character (will only reset temporary stats for now like current level, health, and hunger meter)
· Fixed an issue with the settings menu incorrectly displaying current settings
· UI updates for the character screen
· Launcher will now prompt to upload crash reports to help us diagnose issues

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 27, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Thoughts on the new patch:

The first thing you'll probably notice is that everything feels more fluid. It looks like they really did manage to increase performance, and at least in my case, it shows. The second thing you'll notice is that you move significantly slower than pre-patch. I don't know how to feel about this yet. Generally, it's annoying because the map is already large and it can be time-consuming to meet up with people. I imagine it will make it easier to kill people, since they won't be able to just rush away into the bushes as quickly, but that goes both ways. Similarly, I think it will be more difficult to fight multiple Nether. I assume they'll be significantly faster, relative to you, and the teleportation means they'll definitely be able to keep up. We'll see how this plays out, but I think it's going to demand a change in play style, to something that favors slower, more cautious movements. Maybe.

The food and medical supply stacking is loving amazing. It frees up so much inventory space, it's not even funny, and it makes it a lot easier to justify storing that kind of stuff in your global. I really, really like it. The only downside, and it is admittedly a significant one, is that there is now no way to split stacks of food or meds. Consequently, if I have a stack of five bandages, and you need two, I'll have to hand you the whole stack, let you use two, and then you'll have to hand the stack back. A bit involved for my tastes, and it certainly makes storing massive stacks in your global problematic.

The "new Surge objective" is not new. It's the same Reaper thing. But this time, there is a marker on your map that tells you where the Reaper is and how long it's going to hang around. It's pretty big, about as tall as a school bus, and it hits for something like 300 damage. I haven't fought one yet, but it doesn't seem to teleport, and to that end, a couple of people with assault rifles and shotguns probably won't have any trouble taking it down.

If you got the game and set it aside for a bit, maybe come back and check it out. Things are improving steadily.

Edit: Consider not playing until the movement speed gets increased. Orv and I played for a bit and it's just too loving slow. Think about those people at the mall who walk really slowly while browsing. That's how fast you walk. It's annoying. And it makes it easier for the camping snipers to pick people off.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 28, 2013

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Edit: Consider not playing until the movement speed gets increased. Orv and I played for a bit and it's just too loving slow. Think about those people at the mall who walk really slowly while browsing. That's how fast you walk. It's annoying. And it makes it easier for the camping snipers to pick people off.

Blegh. I just logged in, joined a server, and this is terrible. There was nothing wrong with the original speed.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Total double-post, but this one is so worth it.

Had a run with one of my co-workers plus some goons tonight, and we did some stuff.

Like kill a Reaper. Well, what's a Reaper, you ask?

Why, it's this ugly mutated sack of poo poo:

We also broke the game some:

We looted and we leveled up:

Hell of a night, guys. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. :v:

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

iamthehans posted:

hey man i can hook you up with a key for old times sake catch me on mumble.

Thanks man, Orv already hooked me up and I got to try this out on the weekend
My thoughts on it: It smacks of WarZ, but from the old days. When the hackers weren't rampant, we had no idea the game was a cash grab and the developers weren't being shady fucks.
I played some with Shanks, and it was fun. I shall purchase this game on the thanksgiving sale

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 28, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

So don't play on servers with people in the DT clan. I'm fairly certain they're doing something sketchy, because they get around the map way too fast and get to places that they shouldn't be able to get to.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

So don't play on servers with people in the DT clan. I'm fairly certain they're doing something sketchy, because they get around the map way too fast and get to places that they shouldn't be able to get to.

Good thing that they're implementing VAC soon.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Yes, that is 6 Shriekers.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
More images of that bullshit and my inevitable death:

It was ridiculous. Between the two of us, my TFC Special that one-hit most mobs, I still ran out of ammo. :shepface:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Broke down and got this on Steam. Probably won't be on too much initially, but I'm looking forward to playing with the old WZ crew. I'll pop by in Mumble sometime.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Broke down and got this on Steam. Probably won't be on too much initially, but I'm looking forward to playing with the old WZ crew. I'll pop by in Mumble sometime.

:getin:

I will try to be around some in the coming days, but I've got to finish up several essays and applications, and then deal with finals, before this semester ends, so I may or may not be around much. Will definitely jump on if we get a goonswarm going, though.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Uneventful, frustrating night. Killed absolutely no-one, got rocked 3 times.

Time to take a break because I'm loving pissed.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm on day 7 of being max level with enough food to feed a group of 6 people for like 3 in-game weeks. I've got two of the extra-large black backpacks and like 12 doctors bags in my global and enough ammo to never run out unless I go wild-west and run around in circles firing into the air like a jackass. I'm bored to tears which is a shame because I really enjoy Nether.

Right now I'm basically spawning, running to a hiding place near the edge of the water where I've got an excellent view of two bridges and shooting people down with a Cru for fun. I don't even pick up the loot.

I hope they expand on giving max level people something to do other than be an rear end in a top hat 24x7.

Pro-Tip: The Southeast corner of the map is very rarely explored and has lots of bugged cigarette drops that are actually 7-10 individual packs. I mean seriously you can make $300 in about 5 seconds by picking up these bugged out ciggy stacks and selling them.

:siren:Turn your loving draw distance up!:siren: Anyone who is noticing that they're emptying magazines into people at distance and not getting kills it's because they're hiding behind a fence or whatever the gently caress and the game does not tie player/nether models to the draw distance slider. If you turn your draw distance down [this is a problem even at the default value of 1.00] walls, cars, foliage, stairs, etc will all disappear but players and nether will stick out like a shining beacon of shame on your screen. Then you'll never hit them because they're behind 9 cars and you can't see those. This is seriously the worst problem with this game right now as my buddies and I just sit around playing "spot the dude." I keep my draw distance up with a Cru and they keep their draw distance down, call out what direction a man is in from our position with their broken x-ray vision and I shoot the guy.

Edit:

Also I'm bored and have free time so I guess I'll write more words.

Quick-Start Guide: Get a pistol and run around like a retard until you kill someone that makes a lootsplosion when they die. Then play the game seriously. Until you're over level 10 or have a few hundred rounds of ammo there is no reason to not treat this as CoD. Playing as a Kill on Sight Bandit will give you the longest survival times and the best loot that other people worked way harder than you to find. Stock up on food, park your rear end in a spot that isn't frequently traveled and shoot people that make the mistake of wandering there. High-Visibility areas near safezones are a BAD place to be a bandit because it's easy to get a lot of people to notice your gunshots. Stay off rooftops and stairwells unless necessary. Snipe from even numbered floors on buildings. People always check the ground floor, middle of the building, and the roof. If you don't mind being bored as poo poo 95% of the time you're logged on you'll survive long and become hated by basically everyone.

There's tons of loot if you know this one quick tip a single mom found to fill your bags with poo poo. Nether hate her. Probably over 80% of my loot is found wandering through current Surge areas. Nobody goes there unless they have a death wish, which is great because you're going to go there and get all the loot and not get shot because players avoid it like the plague! This doesn't work unless you have 4 points in Stealth. You will die.

The largest food spawn in the game is on top of the building next to the Crane on the west side of Bennet Park. This is also the most common spot to get your poo poo shot off. Don't go there unless the server has like 3 players and you're one of them and you killed the other two and they only have knives. Even then you're probably getting stabbed. Usually there's bandages and pills here as well. Average run for me has been 1-5 Water/Canned Foods and 2-3 Pills + Bandages.

The best med spawns are south of the church at Monroe and State [In an open field with a campfire, Ambulances, Tent] and in the buildings to the South East of Lakeside.

The best gun spawns are off the backs of dead players.

Nether can almost never teleport on the fire escape staircases. If you're getting swarmed, find the nearest one, run up 3 stories and log off. They also get super confused by buildings that have the ramps leading down from holes in the roof. If you're being chased by a screamer do not put your back to a wall. They will teleport behind the wall and cover you in goo-spray from through the wall. The same applies to crawlers but not as much. If you've got crawlers on your rear end find the nearest corner, back into it, and move forward two steps. They'll always teleport in front of you now because there's not enough room for their hitbox behind you. Hunters almost never teleport if you melee them, so put away the gun and strafe circles around them going chopchopchopchop until dead.

If you need to travel to the northern area of the map run along the beach as players are almost never down here and neither are Nether.

For the best not-getting seen action you'll want a black ski-mask and the Urban Warrior 02 player model, make your guy black, and move all the garment sliders to the far right for the dark green / dark blue camo. You're invisible in foliage unless you've got the retarded green backpack. The medium backpack is your best bet for scavenge runs because the model is bugged out and it doesn't even show up on your back. If you get a military red backpack just go kill yourself because you can't hide anywhere. Seriously empty your inventory and just go die. You're already dead.

Never walk out of a safe zone. Ever. Log off, rejoin the same server if you want, and take a new random spawn point. Even if you're with a gang of 4 or 5 people. Leaving a safe zone is never safe if you care about your character and items. Maybe if the server is super-low pop and you're 100% sure nobody is camping that safe zone you're in but thats never gonna happen so don't do it. Also Never go to Riverside Safe Zone!

I guess I should add the disclaimer that I strictly avoid any server with more than 30 people because it turns into a laggy shitfest and you're almost guaranteed to die just by spawning. Also high-pop servers attract more of the current round of cheaters. I gave up on them after about 10 minutes.

Edit 2: More Fun Tips!

If you see a gun on the ground but don't have the room or weight to carry it, drop something, pick the gun up, unload it so the ammo stacks in your inventory, and drop the gun. Now you've got the ammo and other people won't find a free gun! This applies to basically anything you can't carry. Find 6 bags of crunchy bens in a convenience mart? Eat all 6 of them. gently caress everyone else don't give them free poo poo. Use that stuff up!

Being chased by players and you know you're not getting away? Start chowing down on candy bars, army rations, and BroMAX. Not only does it give you more stamina to keep running away, but when you eventually do get shot (or mauled by the 129 nether now chasing you courtesy of the screamer you ran past when the firefight started) you haven't left anything for those assholes to pick up! Fire wildly in the air to waste your ammo and attract more nether for them to have to deal with as punishment for chasing/killing you. Also feel free to use your meds any time, anywhere. Especially if you're being hunted and you've got pills or medkits. That stuff is gold. Just use it.

Get a doctor bag and throw it into the middle of the street near an ambulance in a highly visible area near lakeside or museum outpost. Kill the morons that sprint up to it with tunnel vision. Pick up their poo poo and the doctor bag so it doesn't despawn. Repeat.

Edit 3: Character Build

Pretty much the most effective way to level I've found is to grab a pistol and some rounds from your stash and then into the open somewhere on a low pop server and just waste nether until you're level 10+.

Four points in Stealth and Strength are required. Stealth so you can move/loot without pissing of nether and Strength because the 250HP bonus allows you to survive being shot by a player with 10 in guns and a Cru (80% of the time anyway). If you don't have that HP bonus they will guaranteed one-shot you as the Cru is base 800 damage and the 10-point guns gives it a 25% bonus to 1000 per shot. So at level 10 it should be 4 Str / 4 Stealth / 1 Survival / 1 Guns. Then just max guns and if you continue to not die up to level 30 max out stamina. Congrats you run really fast, jump over cars, maximize your food and ammo benefits, and can walk three inches from a nether without it getting pissy.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 2, 2013

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm making a new post because this information is in no way tied to my previous wall of text on how to play the game more gooderer.

:ohdearsass: Because it is Christmas Time you can lovingly enjoy pissing off everyone in the vicinity of a safezone of your choice by playing Charlie Brown Christmas over the in game voice chat. :ohdearsass:

Nothing says post-apocalyptic hellhole like the smooth stylings of Vince Guaraldi.

You'll probably get shot because it's not a safe zone but I've done this sitting at the busted piano on the beach north of the 290 and gotten some great chat responses.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 2, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Charlie Brown pilgrim death squad, roll out!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Dev Twitter posted:

A creepy underground subway system might just be coming soon to a Nether near you ;)

In unrelated news, maxed out my guns skill tree, grabbed a sniper, and got ready to server-switch for some sniping fun. Spawned, and was immediately overcome with the realization that I would probably get killed before firing my sniper once. See a loot pile in the open, pass over it. Climb a building. Misjudge a jump, fall several stories, go from 1000 health to zero.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

In unrelated news, maxed out my guns skill tree, grabbed a sniper, and got ready to server-switch for some sniping fun. Spawned, and was immediately overcome with the realization that I would probably get killed before firing my sniper once. See a loot pile in the open, pass over it. Climb a building. Misjudge a jump, fall several stories, go from 1000 health to zero.

Oh great a Subway. That'll sure be a fun time once a bandit clan bunkers down in it and has all the entrances covered with level 15+ players hoisting Cru's.

e: Don't get me wrong expanding the map is fine but they should probably prioritize things like the hunger meter being bullshit with servers that don't spawn enough food and stuff like nether bugging out on stairwells, or players footsteps not playing for other players. Also some kind of reason to keep playing at level 30.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 8, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Patch due tomorrow. Posting the notes.

quote:

Added a new "blood meter" to the game. Nether will now smell the recent blood of other players on you and be more likely to detect your presence and aggro you from further away.
Added new military character templates which can be purchased from the character menu
Added a new Collection objective
visit the Safe Zone to find out what items to scavenge and turn in for cash and XP reward
Added a throwable grenade that will do damage in a radius when it explodes
Added a throwable flashbang that will cause temporary blindness and deafness in a radius when it explodes
Fixed a bug with guns where the clients weren't simulating fire effects properly causing "gun lag"
Fixed an issue with character stats being occasionally wiped after logging out
Increased the amount that all food heals by 20-30%
Slightly increase base walk speed
Increased global inventory to 20 slots

Increased the size of the riverside outpost slightly
Added gun sway to standing pose
Fixed bad placement of some anti-nether devices in the safezone
Made Crawler more alert and aggressive but reduced their health. They will also patrol much further and more quickly.
Fixed an issue where players would still be "safe" if the safe zone was disabled during an attack
Fixed some animation issues with crawling and crouching in various gun poses
Players can now buy more nether gold via a link in the store
Fixed some LOD popping in the world
Players can now intentionally drop cosmetic items (but they still will not be dropped on death)
Fixed some visual issues with fog when standing high up in buildings
Fixed various collision issues in the world
Fixed some bad loot locations
Fixed some broken player spawnpoints
Added some minor UI polish
Fix for detail meshes in certain parts of the world not appearing
Fixed an issue with the heartbeat sometimes not playing during low health

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
So is this worth 12 bucks?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

New patch out. I haven't played it, but according to the patch notes, there are at least three major pieces of new content. First, we have the subway system, which is apparently a new way to navigate the map that is less amenable to camping. Second, a new monster called a Golem, which has a knock-back attack. Third, a glider that you can deploy in mid-air. I don't know how I feel about jumping off a building and hoping it works, though... There are some other things like Nether-repelling grenades and new missions, too.

Vatek posted:

So is this worth 12 bucks?

Hard to say. If you do not like this genre of game (post-apocalyptic MMO survival games like DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, Rust), then no, this is not worth it at all. If you do like this genre, then for $12, I'd say this is very probably worth it.

The main problem with the game presently is that content is somewhat lacking. Once you develop an understanding of the game and learn the map, obtaining weapons and surviving is fairly trivial, but this is basically the case with all survival games right now. This game hasn't been out very long, but the dev team has very clearly been working hard to add new content and flesh things out. The city is well-designed, the monsters are new and innovative, and overall, for $12, I don't think you can find a better option. DayZ might eventually be better, but I presently have no reason to have any faith in Rocket and co., so...

Moreover, this is literally the only dev team working on this type of game that has put any effort into adding PvE aspects that encourage grouping into the game. To me, that's a huge deal, seeing as how I think that's a big part of MMO games. Don't get me wrong, I love killing pubbies and taking their poo poo, but I'd like to believe there can be more, and I think the Nether people are trying to prove it is, in fact, possible.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So I just bought this in the sale and I've already having issues. I keep linking the Nether account with my Steam account and it's just not recognizing it when I try to log in.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So I just bought this in the sale and I've already having issues. I keep linking the Nether account with my Steam account and it's just not recognizing it when I try to log in.

Yeah, this is a thing. Try following the advice here or here. Recommend using Firefox or Opera when dealing with the Nether site, because last I checked, it was utterly hosed in Chrome, and if you're using IE, I don't know what to tell you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yeah, this is a thing. Try following the advice here or here. Recommend using Firefox or Opera when dealing with the Nether site, because last I checked, it was utterly hosed in Chrome, and if you're using IE, I don't know what to tell you.

Ah thanks. Sadly neither of those worked, but I'm just going to chalk it up to their authentication being utterly hosed since it's a Daily Deal.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Ah thanks. Sadly neither of those worked, but I'm just going to chalk it up to their authentication being utterly hosed since it's a Daily Deal.

This is probably the case. Their site is not, unfortunately, very well put together.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

This seems to be a demi-genre; disposable pvp survival games, it's a real pity that Nether looks like it's not going to get much more work done on it. Is Rust Any good due to having a crafting tree etc?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

xutech posted:

This seems to be a demi-genre; disposable pvp survival games, it's a real pity that Nether looks like it's not going to get much more work done on it. Is Rust Any good due to having a crafting tree etc?

What on earth gives you this idea?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Totally just bought this game for $12... if it's as half as fun as that piece of crap War Z was, then I will have got my money's worth

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

So Orv and I ran about a bit, then Orv died and left me, so I ran around a bit more and killed a bunch of pubbies. Grabbed one of those gliders for $300, and they're definitely not worth it. Not only are they difficult to use, you get very little glide time. They primarily seem like an easy way to get down from tall buildings, rather than a way to move around the city, which is disappointing. I can just use the loving stairs.

The missions, on the other hand, are pretty neat. Go to safezone A, grab package, take to safezone B, receive a couple hundred bucks and a bunch of experience. Easy way to get cash and level up, if you don't mind jogging from safezone to safezone while looting and slaying pubbies.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
Is there anything I can do about failing to log in? I linked my account with steam but I keep getting the error that it isn't linked. I've tried various fixes on the Nether and steam forums, but nothing has worked. This sucks! I just bought this and I really want to play.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:

Scags posted:

Is there anything I can do about failing to log in? I linked my account with steam but I keep getting the error that it isn't linked. I've tried various fixes on the Nether and steam forums, but nothing has worked. This sucks! I just bought this and I really want to play.

Not at this time. I have the same problem. Note to anyone buying Nether: The game is not working. The Devleopers have not said anything. Don't buy it.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Lord Humongus posted:

Don't buy it.

Yay buyer's remorse.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Lord Humongus posted:

Not at this time. I have the same problem. Note to anyone buying Nether: The game is not working. The Devleopers have not said anything. Don't buy it.

When you log into your account on playnether.com, does the purchase history reflect that you have purcahsed the game?

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

When you log into your account on playnether.com, does the purchase history reflect that you have purcahsed the game?

Nope. It's been hours and it still hasn't shown up.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Lord Humongus posted:

Nope. It's been hours and it still hasn't shown up.

Yeah, poo poo is just hosed then. You'll get it eventually, but the servers their forums and account information are hosted on aren't the greatest. The Steam Sale probably hosed the whole thing.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, poo poo is just hosed then. You'll get it eventually, but the servers their forums and account information are hosted on aren't the greatest. The Steam Sale probably hosed the whole thing.

I really feel that they're dumb and the sale should be pulled if they didn't have the right infrastructure to support it. But I guess I'm also frustrated and feeling dumb. Spent the last of my gamebux on it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Lord Humongus posted:

I really feel that they're dumb and the sale should be pulled if they didn't have the right infrastructure to support it. But I guess I'm also frustrated and feeling dumb. Spent the last of my gamebux on it.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted shortly. Some people are reporting that they're getting in after having recently purchased, so my thinking is that things will eventually unfuck themselves. If the devs have already gone on holiday, though, and this doesn't work itself out over night, then you're totally right.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Yeah I just bought the game on a whim, everything linked and verified.

Seems fine? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

Hipster Occultist posted:

Yeah I just bought the game on a whim, everything linked and verified.

Seems fine? :shrug:

Some get in. Some don't.

• Locked thread