Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Highwang posted:

Oh man that's pretty smart. I'm used to doing Space (back) dodge on the PC ver so I never think of using the forward dodge. Besides, PSG 2stronk.

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice the opening and closing heart as a weak point till your vids. I judged which one was real based on the purple smoke I think. And now I kinda want to grab the portable version for myself to play on the go again. I'm broke too :smith::hf::smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divide by zero
Jun 5, 2007
how do I lurked moar.
Having recently completed this game, while watching to see how the LP managed things, I feel like I should point out something, even if it is for the most part done.

When using the scanner, there is at times a pulsating yellow signal thing in the bottom right. This tells you when there is an item in scanning range. (but not a handprint)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was actually kind of surprised that the giant final boss wasn't the giant final boss.

So perhaps good job there, game?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Hate to split this up, but here's the "poo poo I missed" vid. Ghost Ship soon.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I think I missed something, what exactly is ghost ship?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Crane Fist posted:

So I think I missed something, what exactly is ghost ship?

The "last level" of raid mode, where you cover the entire ship. All of it. Level scaling is insane as well, I grabbed a max-level save just to see if I can muscle it and I realized that this level is balanced for two max-level characters.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's ridiculous. You basically play through the whole game again, only if you die that's it start over?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Crane Fist posted:

That's ridiculous. You basically play through the whole game again, only if you die that's it start over?

You've got it. There's over 300 enemies and it takes like an hour to get through in my experience. At the end you face a boss gauntlet as well.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Lunethex posted:

You've got it. There's over 300 enemies and it takes like an hour to get through in my experience. At the end you face a boss gauntlet as well.

Yep.

Its pretty much a challenge mission, akin to say Bloody Arena in DMC4 or Kick-Me-Sign runs in God Hand

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That honestly just sounds like a terrible slog. Is there any reward for getting through it, or is it just there to mess with compulsive types?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Crane Fist posted:

That honestly just sounds like a terrible slog. Is there any reward for getting through it, or is it just there to mess with compulsive types?

There's actual rewards, such as guns and extra money, but these weapons are akin to JRPG ultimate weapons where you have to beat the hardest boss to get it and you have nothing to test it on.

People just do this to prove they're a badass.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do you start Abyss with that giant pile of bullets and grenades, or could you conceivably have to dodge around those two while you scavenged stuff?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Glazius posted:

Do you start Abyss with that giant pile of bullets and grenades, or could you conceivably have to dodge around those two while you scavenged stuff?

If you roll NG+, your gear rolls over from the moment you beat Ultimate Abyss. Hence why I started off with an arsenal of gently caress.

Humorously enough, Ragny proved me wrong in that Abyss Infernal mode is available at the start of the game for free. He also proved that Infernal is balanced for NG+ since he apparently got stonewalled really early in the game. I'm genuinely curious though if you can roll pure NG Abyss since there are very few necessary kills at the beginning and once you get the ball rolling the game gives you a lot more ammo and gear.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 16, 2014

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
The Ghost Ship

And with that, LP over.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
Ghost ship is easy just unbearable solo. Just learn to dodge and Make the other guy do all the work.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Looking around online, it seems that the key to Ghost Ship is the weapon parts obtained by getting a trinity bonus on the Abyss maps. They do things like skip reloading, multiply damage by 2.5, and, crucially, the gluttony ones let you pull ammo from one gun into another at a 1 to 1 ratio- so you can treat your smg ammo pool as an ammo pool for your shotgun or tricked out pistol.

Also, watching that video will make you wonder what you(or its creator) have been doing with your(their) life.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 11, 2014

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Looking around online, it seems that the key to Ghost Ship is the weapon parts obtained by getting a trinity bonus on the Abyss maps. They do things like skip reloading, multiply damage by 2.5, and, crucially, the gluttony ones let you pull ammo from one gun into another at a 1 to 1 ratio- so you can treat your smg ammo pool as an ammo pool for your shotgun or tricked out pistol.

Also, watching that video will make you wonder what you (or its creator) have been doing with your(their) life.
Not bad, using the smg ammo to fuel a ... triple-shooting magnum?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
According to the video's comments, the equipment is:

Thunder Raptor 48lvl: Giant Rabbit Foot 3, Auto-reload, Gluttony V, Full Burst
Windham Stady Hand 48lvl: Bottomless Pouch 6, Burst 3, Auto Reload, Giant Rabbit Foot 3, Narrow 2
MP5 50lvl: Light Weight, Granade Launcher, Long Magazine 10, Cornocupia 3, Bottomless Pouch 6, Ammo Magnet 7, Piercing 2

Lotsa pro tactics in there- using shock grenades to take out fish from a distance, the launcher on the MP5 to get faster explosions, camping the bridge on the promenade deck, etc. It's clear that the videographer views the wolves as the biggest hazard to a trinity clear.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 11, 2014

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Highwang posted:

The Ghost Ship

And with that, LP over.

No Trinity Bonus
4/10

Seriously though, that poo poo is rough. I can't believe that a Trinity Bonus is a real thing for that map

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

The Door Frame posted:

No Trinity Bonus
4/10

Seriously though, that poo poo is rough. I can't believe that a Trinity Bonus is a real thing for that map

I loving did it and then stopped playing the game for 3 months. Shits like PTSD.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Is there a reward for the trinity bonus on ghost ship?

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Discendo Vox posted:

Is there a reward for the trinity bonus on ghost ship?

Legendary Part: Gluttony 5. (Magnums will take ammo from other ammo pools.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
So, perhaps unsurprisingly, the reward for a trinity bonus on Ghost Ship is the thing that makes getting a trinity bonus on ghost ship particularly viable. I guess a similar run with a lower gluttony using shotgun or rifle is the next best bet.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Toxsyl posted:

I loving did it and then stopped playing the game for 3 months. Shits like PTSD.

Yeah, I said that like 5 mins into the video at the first damage. How the hell can you kill everything on the ship and not take damage? That poo poo's ridiculous

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

The Door Frame posted:

Yeah, I said that like 5 mins into the video at the first damage. How the hell can you kill everything on the ship and not take damage? That poo poo's ridiculous

There was a specific prize fish near the end, every run out of 30 runs it would always hit us. That loving fish has a huge power level.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

The Door Frame posted:

For the most part use need a tank to do everything. also there are parts you can use to resupply pulse grenades, and that helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, the ending to the Ghost Ship is kind of fitting. Feels a bit like the ending of Halo: Reach.

• Locked thread