Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

the CD star wars thread has been saying this for the past elventy billion posts

they unironically think the prequels are masterpieces because of it

It's like if everyone in the Duke Nukem Forever thread thought "SuperMechaGodzilla is right, this is a work of art!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
please do not bring SMG into this thread

tia

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Who is playing Jar Jar.?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

First Bass posted:

han and leia became the cool parents that get stoned and gently caress all the time, han will probably smoke with you on the porch if it's a good day on kashyyk, and let you have a house party in the basement with everyone from the jedi academy, while luke disapproves

probs because that jerkass came in and stole his chick

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frankenstyle posted:

Having watched a couple episodes of Girls,

self owned

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Why are they going from episode 3 to episode 7

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Oscar Isaac is a pretty big deal.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Who is playing Jar Jar.?

Rumour is that Bill Cosby will be playing Jar Jar's great grandson. He'll provide comedic relief in scenes that otherwise would be to dark e.g. when Jar Jar mistook all the dead younglings as asleep and scolded them for not being in their space dormitories.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Who the gently caress calls children "younglings"? Is it some sort of power autism combined with homeschooling, so that they've never seen human children before?

That's the worst thing about the prequels, and it totally ruined my childhood.

Anyways.

Han shits first (he is an old man in diapers).

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reallivedinosaur posted:

Who the gently caress calls children "younglings"? Is it some sort of power autism combined with homeschooling, so that they've never seen human children before?

That's the worst thing about the prequels, and it totally ruined my childhood.

Anyways.

Han shits first (he is an old man in diapers).

they called them younglings so obi wan wouldnt have to say the words "murdered children" in a movie made for children

also i liked star wars a lot growing up but lo loving l at saying the prequels ruined your childhood

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

the CD star wars thread has been saying this for the past elventy billion posts

they unironically think the prequels are masterpieces because of it

Misandrist Duck posted:

I grew up in the Star Wars EU. I spent 20+ years immersed in it, knowing the how and why to everything that made up Star Wars. It was mine. SW knowledge was my (admittedly lame) super power. And now it's gone. I don't know anything more than anybody else who has seen the movies and it feels like... I don't know. Feels like I imagine a Jedi Master would feel if his connection to the Force just disappeared one day.

It makes me regret the absurd amount of time I spent living in a universe that wasn't my own. I used it as an escape and I shouldn't have. Up until today, I still did. And I shouldn't. I'm 27 years old and I know more about the history of Coruscant than the history of Earth. Or I did, anyway. It's time.

I will see the new movies, passively. When I have time. Maybe I will like them. Maybe my kids will. I always imagined I would be heartbroken if my kids didn't like Star Wars, but right now, in this moment... It just doesn't seem important in the least.

This used to be my universe.

Now it's Disney's "legend".

I can't help but think of all the useful things I could have been reading, could have been passionate about as a child, teen, and adult.

Is it time wasted? Is there a lesson to learn in all of this?

It doesn't matter. I think I'm done here. Those of you hanging on for the next chapter, enjoy the ride. I'm sure it will be great.

The Force will be with you... Always*.

*unless Disney decides it isn't

Lmbo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Blast of Confetti posted:

they called them younglings so obi wan wouldnt have to say the words "murdered children" in a movie made for children

also i liked star wars a lot growing up but lo loving l at saying the prequels ruined your childhood

Why would you make "murders children" a plot point in a movie for children?

There's got to be plenty of ways to let people know Anakin is a bad guy now.

I don't get this trend of putting super grimdark stuff into stupid manbaby bullshit. I bet it comes from anime. Anime is always doing stupid poo poo like that.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
so will Han Solo be like a chaste monk who's never touched a girl as is the jedi tradition, or as he's the last jedi will he be teaching a free love version of being a jedi that's basically a weird magical harem

gotta be one of the two, no half measures.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"but sir this will invalidate reams of fantasy bullshit that tens of people have devoted their entire shutin lives to memorizing"

"if you're trying to discourage me, it's not working"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

he thinks he's gonna have kids, that's the real fallacy in his life

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Good diet and exercise pay off.

Carre Fisher, DOB October 21, 1956:

Denise Austin, DOB February 13, 1957:

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Maldoror posted:

Good diet and exercise pay off.

Carre Fisher, DOB October 21, 1956:

Denise Austin, DOB February 13, 1957:

I aint seen nostrils like that since the last time I bought one of those coconut monkeys in jamaica

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Fishy Joe posted:

I aint seen nostrils like that since the last time I bought one of those coconut monkeys in jamaica

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

it totally ruined my childhood.

lol did you have literally no friends

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK10F6iA8E

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

King of Internet posted:

lol did you have literally no friends

I care deeply about star wars and also star trek and anime, they are dear to my heart.

NuGBS takes every post seriously. Everyone thinks they're the only one shitposting. lol

Carrie Fisher is playing the child of Jabba and Leia from her days when she was his sex whore.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Baller Time posted:

One of the subplots will involve Luke Skywalker hiding in a closet while using the force on Han Solo's impotent dick, in order to get the now bitter and sex starved Leia on board for new adventure.
What I'm saying is that you better get ready for a few years of jokes about the old age of these people.

Lensflare jokes totally didn't become tired and hackish 5 years ago when the first JJTrek movie came out, I'm totally looking forward to another few years of that. It's going to make the jokes about a guy who had his face reconstructed after a motorcycle accident and a woman who had major drug problems looking older after 30 years have passed look like high art in comparison.

That loving Sned posted:

It's like if everyone in the Duke Nukem Forever thread thought "SuperMechaGodzilla is right, this is a work of art!"

That's the exact opposite of what SMG said about Duke Nukem Forever, though? If you're going to carry on this weird years-long grudge against someone who writes funny reviews of movies at least base it on stuff the dude actually said.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Give Guillermo del Toro Star Trek now

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Star Wars is terrible.

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

phobo posted:

Star Wars is terrible.

True...If ur retarded

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Star Wars? Lol why should i give a poo poo

Wake me up when they pay Abrams to make an X Files film

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

the old actors are back, that's okay. i guess.

but no lando.

Due to overwhelming nerd screaming lando has been recast by idris elba

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Attack the Block owns and this will not be anywhere near as good, but I am happy for John Boyega. :3:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
supermechagodzilla is a hack idiot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
JJ abrams is really good at making mediocre stuff

Stuff you can watch without getting bored but ultimately it's just really fuckin unexceptional

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Zzulu posted:

JJ abrams is really good at making mediocre stuff

Stuff you can watch without getting bored but ultimately it's just really fuckin unexceptional
I was bored out of my mind in into darkness it's a lovely movie
. I hope this movie is actually cloverfield 2.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Can't wait for the two hour review. Hope the movie is a catastrophic mess and not just kinda good.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DeepQantas posted:

Can't wait for the two hour review.

literally the best thing to come out of the prequels

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
if you don't think that the avatar sequels will be unquestionably better films than these star wars sequels you are a blithering retard

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

if you don't think that the avatar sequels will be unquestionably better films than these star wars sequels you are a blithering retard

wanna see an avatar sequel where they get sick of the white guy and kick him back out of the tribe

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
The old cast better just be making a cameo appearance, preferably through just voicing CG characters or else. :smithicide:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Mark Hamill can voice Andy Serkis.

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

ijii posted:

The old cast better just be making a cameo appearance, preferably through just voicing CG characters or else. :smithicide:

Yeah better be or else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theyre old people so cast them as wise old people in robes

kind of like that wise old guy in robes in the first movie

• Locked thread