Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best BBQ Sauce
Gold
Mustard
Sweet and Tangy
Goku ( Mustard Based)
View Results

• Locked thread
bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yeah the best places for BBQ is usually a lovely old concrete brick building with one window, much like DOOBIES but they have a huge gerryrigged smoker planted off to the side.

wrong. the best places have hipster waiters and craft beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

yeah they are also a country born from convicts and rapists so,

so is the state of georgia

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Musard base and it isn't even close. Also BBQ doesnt refer to anything you put in a loving grill you yankee piece of S's. Also KC BBQ is of its own variety and belongs in a dumpster.

Sweet and tangy ontop of some slow cooked pork.

Guy fiery flavour....

I really like Maple flavoured though.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
wow three quotes in a row all from different posts. please calm down guys there is plenty of smash to go around. :grin:

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Guy fiery flavour....

I really like Maple flavoured though.

Guy is a good ..heh...guy. But mustard base bbq is not from him, he has only been to SC a few times and each time he had only done a breakfast place and a lovely burger joint. if he was a man of good taste he would have asked me where to get some dank bbq.

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

so is the state of georgia

very true.

bone app the teeth posted:

i have asked you politely to stop trolling me thread.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i have asked you politely to stop trolling me thread.

can't handle facts eh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bone app the teeth posted:

this place im talking about kinda has both

its exactly my jam

craft beer and smoked meat

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

this place im talking about kinda has both

its exactly my jam

craft beer and smoked meat

sounds like a pretty good place

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
the best bbq is made by people you dont feel comfortable looking in the eyes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the best bbq is made by people you dont feel comfortable looking in the eyes
so your ex wife????

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm reminded of Freddy from House Of Cards

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

quote:

Arthur Bryant, the legendary King of Ribs, is the most renowned barbequer in history. He created a sauce that has attracted the likes of former Presidents Harry Truman and Jimmy Carter to his restaurant . . . considered to be the best restaurant in the world by New Yorker columnist Calvin Trillin.

Since 1930 celebrities such as Steven Spielberg, Michael Landon, Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson, Wilt Chamberlain, Bryant Gumbel, Tom Watson and George Brett — and common folk alike — have made the pilgrimage to Arthur Bryant's to enjoy barbeque that's slow-smoked with a combination of hickory and oak woods, mellowed to the peak of flavor, then splashed with Original or Rich & Spicy sauce.

sorry ur such an inbred hick u still think carolina mustard bbq is good somehow op :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

numberoneposter posted:

so your ex wife????

AYYYYYYY OHHHHH!

Matey posted:

sorry ur such an inbred hick u still think carolina mustard bbq is good somehow op :shrug:

wow none of these names are cool or good lol

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

nice try dumb op

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Matey posted:

nice try dumb op

dont sign your posts

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

has anyone asked trump this question?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT

My thirst for blood knows no bounds muahahahahahaaaa. :drac:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

"That load of spices really defines this sauce from start to finish. The fist taste is a mix of earthy spice suspended in a mellow vinegar. As the sauce settles on the tongue, the tartness amps way up to an unpleasant apex, while the tomato comes out and adds depth with no sweetness to balance out the extra acidity. The spices create a gritty texture that lingers as the sauce begins to leave the tongue. As this point, more earthiness from the peppers comes out along with heat. It's a very off flavor and leaves an awkward hot and spicy aftertaste."

Rating 3/10 lol

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

"That load of spices really defines this sauce from start to finish. The fist taste is a mix of earthy spice suspended in a mellow vinegar. As the sauce settles on the tongue, the tartness amps way up to an unpleasant apex, while the tomato comes out and adds depth with no sweetness to balance out the extra acidity. The spices create a gritty texture that lingers as the sauce begins to leave the tongue. As this point, more earthiness from the peppers comes out along with heat. It's a very off flavor and leaves an awkward hot and spicy aftertaste."

Rating 3/10 lol

quote:

The Meatwave is a summer BBQ series and blog run by Joshua Bousel.

The Meatwave has grown into a full blown addiction since it's humble beginnings in 2003, when it was no more than a tiny, cheap grill with a few people huddled around, at my (then new) Astoria, NY "cottage."

I now host a different Meatwave regularly during the summer months. I'm constantly trying new things to grill and smoke, and improving on old ones. I grill with a 22" kettle and barbecue with a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, mostly using Kingsford charcoal.

After five years of this, I think that I have something to share with the world about my (mis)adventures in grilling and barbecue, so started this blog to help spread the Meatwave gospel.

I am not a professional chef or food writer, and I don't strive to be either. I'm actually a web designer and developer, and created this site with my own bare hands (not forgetting the sweat and tears too) using XHTML, SAJAX, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, and CSS. I build custom websites and I'd love to make you one, just ask.

smdh

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lol op thinks this dumb NY programmer is the ultimate authority on bbq

what a fuckin stooge

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Matey posted:

lol op thinks this dumb NY programmer is the ultimate authority on bbq

what a fuckin stooge

dont taunt joshua lol unless you want your life hacked he knows XHTML, SAJAX, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, and CSS. so watch your words you pleb

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
if a NY programmer thinks your sauce is garbage then idk lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i literally cant google carolina mustard bbq sauce review without seeing nothing but 4-5 stars

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

im gonna side with truman, carter, and obama, u can side with racist internet losers

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Matey posted:

im gonna side with truman, carter, and obama, u can side with racist internet losers

wow those three have quite alot of blood on their hands. i will deal with some racist off color jokes, you can deal with literal murderers with bad taste.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

uhh meat is murder lol

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

what, u put that carolina mustard piss on tofu and bbq it overnight lmao

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

dont taunt joshua lol unless you want your life hacked he knows XHTML, SAJAX, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, and CSS. so watch your words you pleb

drat, a full stacker!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GBS is the kind of place where you can make a thread about how you like a particular kind of BBQ sauce and then be in a flame war

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Matey posted:

uhh meat is murder lol

this is the kind of response i would expect from a northerner hippy yankee sissy pants :rolleyes:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

"uhh yes id like the portobella 'ribs' with field greens covered in carolina mustard piss to go please" rofl

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

loquacius posted:

GBS is the kind of place where you can make a thread about how you like a particular kind of BBQ sauce and then be in a flame war

dont mind matey he has a hard on for me, its kinda embarassing really. :rolleye:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I like to throw a couple shrimp on the barbie

Maybe a few veggie burgers too

I have some nice ketchup(also known as catsup) and mayo to put on top, and I even brought some tobasco for those who like it eXXXtra hot And spicy but I'll stick to the bell peppers if I need any heat. And last but not least, I have the french's mustard, extra yellow as requested.....gotta make it an authentic BBQ.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
he is more of a "dry rub" kinda guy if you catch my drift. :gay:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ah yes, the cowards last refuge, substanceless name calling

well, guess matey wins this round nice try though op

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

this is true and wise.

Smash, my carolina friend, what's a good brand of the based carolina gold? I've always used sticky fingers brand because it's easily available here, but I feel I can do better.

Do you ever male your own?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

Smash, my carolina friend, what's a good brand of the based carolina gold? I've always used sticky fingers brand because it's easily available here, but I feel I can do better.

Do you ever male your own?

there are a few shops locally that i grab it from, True BBQ is probably the best. There are local brands that they sell at the stores too but i forget the names they are just bottles with a sticker slapped on them, which tells you its good.

Matey posted:

ah yes, the cowards last refuge, substanceless name calling

well, guess matey wins this round nice try though op

whatever you say sweetie :downs:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Forums user matey enjoys low quality BBQ slathered tomatoes. Almost as bad as a boiled steak with ketchup imo.
Smdh, bless your heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

Forums user matey enjoys low quality BBQ slathered tomatoes. Almost as bad as a boiled steak with ketchup imo.
Smdh, bless your heart.

He tries his best to have an opinon its cute really

• Locked thread