Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yah and most west coasters hate that poo poo

Dont front n act like your average Nancy boy Oregon/nor cal/Washington resident eats spicy foods... it's a niche preference unless you live in SE Asia-- FACT !!!

Are you trolling me? You're trolling me.

loving lol if you honestly think SE Asia is the only culture that enjoys spicy food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If you eat chicken noodle soup instead of spicy food when you're sick, you're a weak little wuss.

I don't think I'm adding much to any ongoing conversations here, but I'm sick so I'm being smart and awesome, and eating a bunch of spicy broth stuff, as well as some curry and rice.

Feels good to taste.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Tumble posted:

If you eat chicken noodle soup instead of spicy food when you're sick, you're a weak little wuss.

I don't think I'm adding much to any ongoing conversations here, but I'm sick so I'm being smart and awesome, and eating a bunch of spicy broth stuff, as well as some curry and rice.

Feels good to taste.

yet another reason pho is the ultimate recovery food

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
phogeddaboutit

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mozi posted:

phogeddaboutit

plz don't leak the name of my Vietnamese-Italian fusion restaurant

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
is it true chillies were introduced to india by the portuguese or is that just more eurocentric culture erasure?

also take dried habaneros deseed then rehydrate them and blend them up with some mayo garlic a bit of oil fresh basil and msg and enjoy their amazing taste without wanting to get your lips surgically removed itll be warm but not painful you can just add the seeds to increase the spice to your liking

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Spiciest thing I ever ate was a Papaya Salad in Thailand (who would even expect that to be spicy????). I literally started crying while trying to eat it, and I love spicy food

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

is it true chillies were introduced to india by the portuguese or is that just more eurocentric culture erasure?

also take dried habaneros deseed then rehydrate them and blend them up with some mayo garlic a bit of oil fresh basil and msg and enjoy their amazing taste without wanting to get your lips surgically removed itll be warm but not painful you can just add the seeds to increase the spice to your liking

Whitey stole peppers from the South American natives and spread them all over the world, India, China, Thailand, whatever. They're from South America, anyone who tells you otherwise is full of poo poo.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

uber_stoat posted:

Whitey stole peppers from the South American natives and spread them all over the world, India, China, Thailand, whatever. They're from South America, anyone who tells you otherwise is full of poo poo.

yeah i know they native to america (i thought north too) my point was the cultures who people tout as being the heat masters actually got they spice from european cultural transference which is kinda funny to me anyway

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

yeah i know they native to america (i thought north too) my point was the cultures who people tout as being the heat masters actually got they spice from european cultural transference which is kinda funny to me anyway

They were probably independently domesticated in two or three areas of the Americas, it's my understanding that Mexico and South America are more or less certain to be sources of independent domestication and South America might be the location of two separate domestications, one in the Andes and one in the Amazon but there's not enough archaeological evidence from the Amazon to be completely certain.

Also, OP you seem pretty judgmental about other peoples' food preferences. Maybe you should consider being a nicer person.

stereobreadsticks fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 5, 2016

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

TheLightPurges posted:

Spicy food. Not just talking about black pepper. Causing yourself pain and discomfort going in and coming out. It doesn't make you a cool cultured person to claim to enjoy this. Its actually extraordinarily immature and juvenile. Like okay dude sorry you didn't make the Jackass squad.

Spicy food was invented because they didn't have refridgration and it covered up the taste of rotting meat. It was a survival method and nothing more. Some cultures still eat it out of habit but if you are not a member of such its just an immature tactic to try and impress people.

Its really sad. You don't need to do this and trust me girls will be way more into you if you don't hurt yourself on purpose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The spice also helps preserve the food, OP, that's why spicier foods tend to come from cultures closer to the Equator.

Also, gently caress you, food without spice is like a life without sexual release- not worth having

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
My dick turned black and dropped off 3 years ago but I have my fully stocked cabinet of artisanal hot sauces to assuage my pain.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

uber_stoat posted:

My dick turned black and dropped off 3 years ago but I have my fully stocked cabinet of artisanal hot sauces to assuage my pain.

Finally some honesty.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

My dick turned black and dropped off 3 years ago

I thought we weren't allowed to do those "lol I'm the OP" posts anymore

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
I love it when spice-pussies get all flustered because someone can handle spice and they can't.

Guy who can't handle spice: "You're just trying to impress people with your macho attitude!" :argh::argh::argh:

Guy who can handle spice:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

FaradayCage posted:

I love it when spice-pussies get all flustered because someone can handle spice and they can't.

Guy who can't handle spice: "You're just trying to impress people with your macho attitude!" :argh::argh::argh:

Guy who can handle spice:

Its still insane to me that spicy has become manly since now people get emasculated when a woman can do it. It's a loving food taste.

I also don't get manly and girly drinks distinction either

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Yeah the distinction shouldn't be manly/girly but adult/baby.

Adults can handle a little heat when the flavor is worth it, but baby keeps it safe with ketchup and chicken fingers!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tolkien minority posted:

Spiciest thing I ever ate was a Papaya Salad in Thailand (who would even expect that to be spicy????). I literally started crying while trying to eat it, and I love spicy food

They hate you for ordering salads in thailand.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Its still insane to me that spicy has become manly since now people get emasculated when a woman can do it. It's a loving food taste.

I also don't get manly and girly drinks distinction either

I really have to wonder about people with a low tolerance for spice, but who eat stuff like hot peppers to try to impress people. Like I wouldn't want to eat poo poo that seriously burns my mouth, so I don't really judge people who don't like spicy food because of that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill eat anything to impress anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tumble posted:

Feels good to taste.

I'm sick and I'm eating semi-homemade chicken-vegetable soup with a bunch of el yucateco brown sauce in it. Wussy or not? No noodles though on account of I'm on an ultra-low-carb diet.

• Locked thread