Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wizchine posted:

He's right about them not being runny, though.

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Runny scrambled eggs are a paean to laziness.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wizchine posted:

I think you probably got runny scrambled brains

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Put eggs in a pot with 1 inch of boiling water. Cover. Wait 7 minutes. Uncover. Fill pot with cold water. The best soft-boiled eggs.

Good luck peeling them though

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MrSlam posted:

Put eggs in a pot with 1 inch of boiling water. Cover. Wait 7 minutes. Uncover. Fill pot with cold water. The best soft-boiled eggs.

Good luck peeling them though

I just peel them first and carefully put them in the water then you don't have to peel them later

This does require and extra inch of water tho...

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Wizchine posted:

you're a peen if you don't eat soft yolks

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

you irl posted:

you're a peen if you don't eat soft yolks

I'm talking scrambled eggs. Soft yolks in other types of eggs are what God intended.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Wizchine posted:

I'm talking scrambled eggs. Soft yolks in other types of eggs are what God intended.

i still prefer them soft and wet, like you-know-what ;) poo poo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Wizchine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Egg should be scrambled in a shitload of butter. None of that runny poo poo. It should be slightly overcooked and fully solid. Chop it up into tiny bits. Spoon it or better yet pour it down your throat. That's all.

i love scrambled eggs but runny or at all liquidy scrambled eggs make me want to retch

i always ask for them scrambled hard in an attempt to clarify they need to be fully fuckin cooked

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

A "perfect scrambled egg" my rear end. Scrambled egg shouldn't have the consistency of custard.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Wizchine posted:

A "perfect scrambled egg" my rear end. Scrambled egg shouldn't have the consistency of custard.

You should try it on toast, and english muffin, or even a bagel sometime, it's crazy good. You'll never go back to overcooked eggs again.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I take my eggs, put em in a glass or measuring cup, add spices, whisk it or beat it w/ fork until it's pretty consistent. Melt butter in pan until it's really hot, pour in, and i cook till the runniness is gone but before it turns into rubber. When I do this right I basically have the perfect egg for a sandwich, or a breakfast burrito.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The Ramsay video is for simpletons better to see this one, the one true eggknowledge video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10etP1p2bU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Invisible Handjob posted:

ugh i've eaten a lot of nasty poo poo

i will never forget when i ate balut though. it will stick with me until the end

I ate balut once and I liked it.

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009

empty sea posted:

Fried in bacon grease like God intended, with lots of black pepper. Crunchy bacon, soft whites with crispy fried edges, but the yolk is still runny, sop that up with flaky, buttery homemade biscuits or thick slices of buttered wheat toast. I don't eat it like that anymore because I don't work on a farm anymore but goddamn it was delicious.

This is the correct answer. Moderators, please close thread.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

I take my eggs, put em in a glass or measuring cup, add spices, whisk it or beat it w/ fork until it's pretty consistent. Melt butter in pan until it's really hot, pour in, and i cook till the runniness is gone but before it turns into rubber. When I do this right I basically have the perfect egg for a sandwich, or a breakfast burrito.

What spices? Sounds pretty good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poached (with our without Benedict fixins)
Deviled
Sunny side up
(soft)scrambled
omelette
pickled

That order. Death to traitors.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

delicious

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Bit of pepper, bit of salt, and a dash of hot sauce and I'm good. Scrambled is my preference but I'm up for anything, it's all good.

Kind of curious what these taste like. If you don't have the time to watch the whole thing look at the intro and then skip to here for the best reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AsT7gp-hpw

Mr_M
Dec 10, 2008
A properly poached egg or over medium with a good side dish needs very little addition in my opinion. 'Course, finding an egg that melts in your mouth without seasoning is a trick, but man are they good.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

eating eggs RIGHT NOW

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
hard boiled and open palm slammed right into a hearty żurek

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Over easy, on a burger

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
The perfect eggs:

Crack six whole eggs into a large cup. Whisk. Add a splash orange juice. Whisk. Drink.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

free basket of chips posted:

What spices? Sounds pretty good

garlic, or garlic salt, or garlic powder, whichever one you got/prefer, onion, red pepper

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Over easy, on a burger

The Runny Out of Thyme Burger
comes with a runny egg and thyme
$5.95

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCTtUY5STkY/

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
fill coffee mug with a some water, crack an egg into it, microwave for 1 to 2 mins on medium = perfect poached egg (don't overcook it will blow up in your face when you put a fork in it)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

microwaved eggs :barf:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm often disappointed that microwaved eggs don't taste better. Eggs look like precisely the kind of lazy food that works with just a microwave

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Why would you microwave an egg though? The only time I do that is if I buy pre-made breakfast burritos, or I reheat a Sausag+egg+cheese biscuit from Whataburger.

If you have time to crack eggs and scramble them with a fork, you surely have the 2-3 extra minutes you need to get a skillet hot and cook them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

You can get okay poached ones of you do it in water with a lid but stovetop is still obviously better.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
imagine being a 20-30 y/o and ordering scrambled eggs at a restaurant. lol

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I love deviled eggs and would gladly attend a hipster's deviled egg theme party for them

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Ramsay eggs are ok aside from the mushy texture but theres nothing special about them. And who the hell has creme fraiche laying around? I looked for it once in a publix and even asked the dairy guy and he was like "whats that?".

Anyway over easy with toast or scrambled with chorizo are definitely my top favorites, followed closely by eggs benedict.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 15, 2016

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Ramsay eggs are ok aside from the mushy texture but theres nothing special about them. And who the hell has creme fraiche laying around? I looked for it once in a publix and even asked the dairy guy and he was like "whats that?".

It's sour cream thinned by milk.

Congrats, you've found it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

over easy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Enough about your mom how do you like your eggs

Adbot