Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

kierrie posted:

I'm glad I don't have to eat any of the sad food show itt.

Fries are vegan bro, don't worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I unironically like Burger King's fries and I give no fucks at all what anybody thinks about that. Suck my dick fry elitists. :colbert:

Tyson Tomko posted:

Know what rocks? Curly fries.

Also this. Any place with curly fries fuckin owns.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
curly fries own hard

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

curly fries are the One True Fry

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Whats "in n out" clearly a resteraunt but ive never heard of it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Trash food for trash people

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I mean i cant hate on trash food, but wendys has good fries burgers AND chicken. This in n out sounds sub-par

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah I don't say that as a dig against anybody. Trash food has its place and owns.

But seriously loving lol if you get fries at Wendy's instead of the chili. Like godamn son get the fukkin chili instead, poo poo it's a no-brainer.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Vinegar on french fries is great. Fish n chips and boobs thread when??

myDad fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 4, 2017

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

get some beef chuck and a meat grinder. grind the chuck. if you're feeling saucy, throw in some sirloin, short rib, and/or brisket. that's it.

So true, kicks the poo poo out of any fast food burger.

e: and cheap, too

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Honestly if you're too cheap to get a meat grinder, which is understandable, then just mince the everliving poo poo out of some chuck. Yes it's a lot of effort but if you want better homemade burgers than just ground beef from the store it's doable.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Honky Dong Country posted:

Yeah I don't say that as a dig against anybody. Trash food has its place and owns.

But seriously loving lol if you get fries at Wendy's instead of the chili. Like godamn son get the fukkin chili instead, poo poo it's a no-brainer.

Wow, someone actually eats the chili at Wendys.

So, are you doing some sort of LA Beast type deal or something?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Bareback Werewolf posted:

So I just went to the chic fil a next door because I had never been there and I paid 8 dollars for a chicken sandwich that I could have gotten off the dollar menu anywhere else.

Time to close up shop! We've found the worst post of all time.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Do your sect's dietary laws require that you purchase fries?

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Honestly if you're too cheap to get a meat grinder, which is understandable, then just mince the everliving poo poo out of some chuck. Yes it's a lot of effort but if you want better homemade burgers than just ground beef from the store it's doable.

yeah i do this with short rib occasionally it's a a great way to get a quick burg

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wow, someone actually eats the chili at Wendys.

So, are you doing some sort of LA Beast type deal or something?

If you're eating fast food it's to fill your dumb loving stomach on the quick. Some bullshit fries will never be as filling as some crappy chili with hot sauce and some crackers. It's awful chili, no argument there, but if I'm working my rear end off I'd rather have the more filling option than equally lovely fries.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Cook Out is the best at everything for regional chains. Not only is everything cheap as gently caress and delicious, but it's pretty much just in the southeast so it's working double time to kill all us southern folks off even faster and make the world a better place. Yes, I'll have the bacon wrapped hotdog, big double burger tray with fries and a corndog and a huge rear end milkshake/sweet tea/cheerwine for 4 dollars. thank you drive through.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I mean i cant hate on trash food, but wendys has good fries burgers AND chicken. This in n out sounds sub-par

you're not wrong

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

motherfucking wendy's spicy chicken. Yes it's not actually spicy at all but it is good when you need to fill your dumb loving stomach

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Whataburger the best dang burgers they're not cheap but they're large and delicious

Get them poop style with mustard pickels tomatoes EXTRA ONIONS and jalapenos. also lettuce bc It will fall out and get covered in onions and burger juice and its perfect

Ive eaten in and out when in cali they are fine nothing wrong with yhem nothing extraordinary either. ive been to the east coast but cant comment on their burgs bc new jersey and nyc werr filthy and I tried not to touch anythign

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I cant comment on fries because dont order fries fatty its just cheap filler if u that houngry get an extra patty or a strawberry malt or something HOMER DONT FILL UP ON BREAD

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
French fried potatoes are great though

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I always liked the vinegar with the peppers in it. That's real good in chili

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
not really fast food but im in this thread rn and ide like to complain that i paid $7 per budweiser (bottle) tonight at an "epic" fried chicken place, tonight. and thats bull poo poo

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's all just fat and salt and we're evolved specifically to crave fat and salt so it's yummy even tho it's trash, but you're a retarded weirdo who fell for crappy marketing if you have some strong preference of one fast food burger joint over another

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Get the gently caress off of our forums you white supremacist shithead.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

whoflungpoop posted:

I cant comment on fries because dont order fries fatty its just cheap filler if u that houngry get an extra patty or a strawberry malt or something HOMER DONT FILL UP ON BREAD

You are a giant idiot.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it's all just fat and salt and we're evolved specifically to crave fat and salt so it's yummy even tho it's trash, but you're a retarded weirdo who fell for crappy marketing if you have some strong preference of one fast food burger joint over another

You are to

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Or just find a butcher who will grind meat to order.

The major issue with grocery store meat is that the frozen pre-pattied stuff is normally made with as much filler as is legal, and the stuff you get in plastic wrapped styrofoam plates is ground once at the meat packer and again in store for presentation purposes because people associate that wavy stringey grind with freshness. If the store is selling those plastic sausages of ground meat (aka chubs because of course they are called chubs) straight from the meat packer they tend to be as legit as if you bought a chuck roast from the same store and ground it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

WampaLord posted:

Get the gently caress off of our forums you white supremacist shithead.

:raise: Err, do i know you?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
If you're so strung up you can't enjoy a salty piece of cheap potato, from In n Out, you should loving die.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

How is the mouth feel of those fries? How is the mouth sound?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In‐N‐Out fries are bad and ordering them “well‐done” somehow makes them even worse.

How do you screw up the process of cutting potatoes and putting them in hot oil? THE WORLD WONDERS

Five Guys’s fries are cool & good. Wendy’s are next.

But the true Lord of the Fries is, Steak Escape, which despite seeming to be the Sbarro of cheesesteaks, has the best fries of all. :ssh:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I lived in california for years and whenever people would visit from out of state it was always WE GOTTA GO TO IN N OUT

but they loving suck? lovely watery burgers and crappy chalky fries like wtf and then you have to like, wait in a loving line to get it

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Platystemon posted:

In‐N‐Out fries are bad and ordering them “well‐done” somehow makes them even worse.

How do you screw up the process of cutting potatoes and putting them in hot oil? THE WORLD WONDERS

Five Guys’s fries are cool & good. Wendy’s are next.

But the true Lord of the Fries is, Steak Escape, which despite seeming to be the Sbarro of cheesesteaks, has the best fries of all. :ssh:
Someone explained it upthread, the trick is you're supposed to brine them and then cook fries twice. Fast food places get away with it by brining then parcooking their fries at a factory, a trick that also makes oven fries not as bad as they should be. In n Out's slavish adherence to never frozen and there not being enough money to pay a cook to brine and parcook fries overnight means they slice potatoes and throw them in hot oil which is better suited to making mashed potatoes.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
This could honestly be its own thread because of how true it is, but I think we can all agree that at least out of the chains everyone would recognize by name, Burger King is the absolute worst fast food. I can't think of one other place I'd choose it over, ever.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wamdoodle posted:

I prefer my fries rare. gently caress, if I'm feeling particularly saucey I'll take the potato right outta the ground and bite into it.

Animal style.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MattD1zzl3 posted:

:raise: Err, do i know you?

I know your posting, get the gently caress off of the forums, it's a loving disgrace you haven't been permabanned you loving shitstain.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

zedprime posted:

Or just find a butcher who will grind meat to order.

The major issue with grocery store meat is that the frozen pre-pattied stuff is normally made with as much filler as is legal, and the stuff you get in plastic wrapped styrofoam plates is ground once at the meat packer and again in store for presentation purposes because people associate that wavy stringey grind with freshness. If the store is selling those plastic sausages of ground meat (aka chubs because of course they are called chubs) straight from the meat packer they tend to be as legit as if you bought a chuck roast from the same store and ground it.

And those "chubs" are never, ever associated with E. coli poisonings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

zedprime posted:

Someone explained it upthread, the trick is you're supposed to brine them and then cook fries twice. Fast food places get away with it by brining then parcooking their fries at a factory, a trick that also makes oven fries not as bad as they should be. In n Out's slavish adherence to never frozen and there not being enough money to pay a cook to brine and parcook fries overnight means they slice potatoes and throw them in hot oil which is better suited to making mashed potatoes.

That can’t be the whole story because I’ve made fries the naïve way in my own kitchen.

While they weren’t the best, they weren’t nearly as bad as In‐N‐Out’s bullshit.

• Locked thread