Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

in ye olden days we didn't have easy access to rick astley videos. so if you wanted to troll you'd make a thread with a clickbait title "did u hear micheal jackson died?!" and when they clicked the thread they'd get a pranke apple.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:smilie:

I found it. The worst smiley.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

akadajet posted:

:smilie:

I found it. The worst smiley.

Thats a pretty good response to 500 word meltdown posts, really

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I really really wish :chloe: was animated like the original pic

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

Thats a pretty good response to 500 word meltdown posts, really

:umberto:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

aww man :rip: Shivadas. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Cubone posted:

:iiam: was an emote before the goon put it on the flyers, you are all remembering wrong

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I seem to recall that :sax: was a celebration of an E/N thread that culminated with a roommate lying in a bathtub of his own poo poo.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

:wtc: Is this Jonathan Frakes?

There was a poster that was named what the christ and that riker was their avatar

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I seem to recall that :sax: was a celebration of an E/N thread that culminated with a roommate lying in a bathtub of his own poo poo.

:drum:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

There may be more to the story, but the emotes themselves come from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamLxGxeDqI

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

That thread was what got me reading the forums. I don't care if it was all made up, I want to believe

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Martin Random and the fecal lasagna. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1353420

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Going off on a tangent, but does anyone remember the thread in which 3D versions of smilies were made? I still have this video saved in my youtube favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm still fond of :wom: and how thoroughly it got run into the ground and how mad people were

:wom::wom::wom:
:wom::wom:
:wom:

you, you you are
you, you you are
:wom:anizer
:wom:anizer baby

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blue Raider posted:

:human being:

This is Jecht, a character from Final Fantasy X.

He's an abusive smug alcoholic.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol did people really used to get mad about smilies back in the day?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

snackcakes posted:

Going off on a tangent, but does anyone remember the thread in which 3D versions of smilies were made? I still have this video saved in my youtube favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Thank you for posting this.
Best comment imo: "My god it's full of rolleyes."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Over There posted:

There were a lot of threads about :wom:, like a lot. I think using it ended up being bannable for awhile

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Over There posted:

goons have always gotten mad about everything my man

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
You wouldn't believe how serious people used to be about regdate elitism. I am so glad that poo poo is gone.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jikes posted:

You wouldn't believe how serious people used to be about regdate elitism. I am so glad that poo poo is gone.

2005,more like two thousand and gay

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm still fond of :wom: and how thoroughly it got run into the ground and how mad people were

:wom::wom::wom:
:wom::wom:
:wom:

you, you you are
you, you you are
:wom:anizer baby

gently caress yeah, the :wom: drama was awesome as hell

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Jikes posted:

Yep, every year was always considered worse than the last. There used to consistently be a smiley bought to represent whatever the new year was, often something like "2:rolleyes::rolleyes:4" and such. The 2007 one (I think) was pretty good - it was two smilies having a slapfight.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Beefeater posted:

Yep, every year was always considered worse than the last. There used to consistently be a smiley bought to represent whatever the new year was, often something like "2:rolleyes::rolleyes:4" and such. The 2007 one (I think) was pretty good - it was two smilies having a slapfight.

I think that tradition was finally broken when someone bought :regd09: to pre-empt things.

And with people getting mad about :ninja:, it was loving EVERYWHERE. People were throwing it in every time they mentioned anything even remotely related to sneakiness, stealth, deceit, etc. Imagine that sentence above written as

quote:

I think that tradition was finally broken when someone :ninja: bought :regd09: to pre-empt things :ninja: :ninja: it was me :ninja:

With bonus egregious use of spoiler tags for that classic late -00's flavor.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:regd16:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Beefeater posted:

:regd10: was pretty fuckin good

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I wasn't a member at the time but I remember reading some grumbling about the 02-02's being a rowdy bunch.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Is there a '13?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Can someone explain :chloe: to me? It was made during my hiatus and it soars over my head.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Can someone explain :chloe: to me? It was made during my hiatus and it soars over my head.

It's Chloe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhuLkjl4iI&t=111s

Her face should say it all.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Hell Yeah posted:

lol at this person caring about someone elses feelings. just lol

It's a gift/curse of mine. I won't care about anyone else's opinion but I don't wish them any harm. It's strange.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

I lived near Disney World for a while. Thats basically my reaction. loving hilarious

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

she's 6. :chloe:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Isn't she also known as the "can you not?" meme girl?

edit: apparently it's "could you not?". Whoops.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Cubone posted:

she's 6. :chloe:

:chloe:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jikes posted:

I agree. That was some way past the point of being reasonable, Eternal September poo poo.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

No clue where :perfect: came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mr. Clark2 posted:

No clue where :perfect: came from

idk the thread or whatever but thats the guy from mad max

• Locked thread