Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
who fuckin cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
Samantha Geimer forgave Polanski it's just mean-spirited babymen calling for his balls to be forcibly removed. just because he drugged raped and sodomized a thirteen-year old girl while she repeatedly said no doesn't mean he should be ostracized, like, forever

Samantha Geimer posted:

"What I was really trying to say to those who called is, I don’t care. I don’t care what anyone says, I’m not upset, this and worse has been happening to me for years. And mostly, I am aware that my rape is being used to attack him and I really don’t like that

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Aside from his art, I think the circumstances of Polanski's life probably made him more sympathetic to a lot of people than just some guy would have been. Surviving the Holocaust and having his pregnant wife murdered by the Manson Family certainly qualifies him as having a tragic backstory.

The fun part is Polanski was a horrible womanizer and even admitted he was always hitting on women even after he was married.

Fun fact: Manson used sex to control his Family and it's well noted that if someone wasn't into, say, anal sex, that was what Manson would do to them to bring them into the fold. Ex-Family members gave testimony about that poo poo. So Manson raped teenage girls, Polanksi raped a teen girl, they might have been able to swap tips.

It is a sad pity Tate didn't stay in Europe but flew home while her husband filmed. I can't see the world a worse place if Manson's goons had killed Polanski instead.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
couldn't Charlie's pals wait a few decades so the world could have Chinatown, The Tenant and The Pianist to name a few

edit: haven't actually seen Bitter Moon, Tess, etc :shrug:

Bad Titty Puker fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 11, 2018

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Here's the thing

I like many of Roman Polankski movies and him being a rapist pedo doesn't change that fact one iota

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tarantino's kind of a weird nerd, and thus a seemingly easy target that people will swarm after and ignore far worse people because they might fight back.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

the OP of this thread posted in CD and turned out to be a rape apologist.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now imagine that little Roman Polanski is white.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Yaws posted:

Here's the thing

I like many of Roman Polankski movies and him being a rapist pedo doesn't change that fact one iota

I like his movies too. But I also think he should be executed for anally raping a drugged 13 year old

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i had no idea mel gibson had done/said some of the things he did referred to earlier in this thread:

quote:

The persecution of Mel Gibson—a famous white man with a fortune well over $400 million—only intensified. Two years later, he was arrested for drunk driving in Malibu. Doubling down on his bad decisions for the day, Gibson took this opportunity to unleash a trigger warning-worthy tirade of word vomit. He called a female police officer “sugar tits,” and told another arresting officer, “I own Malibu… I am going to gently caress you.”

When another tape surfaced, in which Gibson admitted to hitting Oksana while she was holding their baby daughter. During the recording, Oksana cries, “What kind of a man is that who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face? What kind of man is that?” Mel responds, “You know what? You loving deserved it.”

In 1991, he shared his opinions on gay men with Spanish newspaper El Pais: “They take it up the rear end. [laughs, stands up, bends over, points to anus] This is only for taking a poo poo.” He continued, “With this look, who’s going to think I’m gay? I don’t lend myself to that type of confusion. Do I look like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?” Four years later, when asked if he intended to issue a GLAAD-recommended apology to gays and lesbians, Mel insisted, “I’ll apologize when hell freezes over. They can gently caress off.” And when Frank Rich violated the eleventh commandment by criticizing The Passion of the Christ, Gibson came after the columnist, saying, “I want to kill him…I want his intestines on a stick…I want to kill his dog.”

well, i'm still going to watch his films, as they're pretty good, but no way am i going to pay money for it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
in protecting Child husbandry and general diddling culture, Hollywood is wrong.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
[laughs, stands up, bends over, points to anus]

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Icochet posted:

[laughs, stands up, bends over, points to anus]

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm renaming my anus to Mel Gibson

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Regardless of how anybody feels about the original crime, he fled, which is a crime in itself. I'm sure he's living a great life in Europe so I don't really feel bad for him in the slightest with regards to his legal troubles.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Yaws posted:

Seems like the sort of thing you should apologize for really, yet another strike against Polanski

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Harvey Weinstein's personnel file missing, New York attorney general says

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cowslips Warren posted:

It is a sad pity Tate didn't stay in Europe but flew home while her husband filmed. I can't see the world a worse place if Manson's goons had killed Polanski instead.

i'd like to live in this alternate timeline where polanski got chopped up, but his pregnant wife survives, and thus so does his foul progeny, so the moral balance of the world is preserved.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yaws posted:

he was a rape apologist in the aziz ansari thread, too, i'm glad he has some level of a conscience left and won't defend polanski.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yaws posted:

at least he apologized, which is more than can be said for roman polanski

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
never seen a roman polanski film nor care to, but I hope Tarantino keeps making movies because they're so loving good

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

viral spiral posted:

never seen a roman polanski film nor care to, but I hope Tarantino keeps making movies because they're so loving good

you should really watch chinatown and probably a bunch of other movies made before 1990 because I got a feeling you don’t really know what “good” is

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Force feed Roman into a meat grinder and bury what comes out in desolated ground and then destroy every last print, every last copy and every last mention of all his films so in 50 years no one will know or care about him.

The forbidden films of a rapist. OooooOoooooOOO

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Fun fact: Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a clone of Chinatown.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Yaws posted:

stones in glass houses mate:

Yaws posted:

Here's the thing

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fututor Magnus posted:

i'd like to live in this alternate timeline where polanski got chopped up, but his pregnant wife survives, and thus so does his foul progeny, so the moral balance of the world is preserved.

Rosemary's Baby was just a docu-drama

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Tarantino's kind of a weird nerd, and thus a seemingly easy target that people will swarm after and ignore far worse people because they might fight back.

I think anyone with any kind of clout, power or seniority in Hollywood by now has lawyered the gently caress up and gone on the offensive regardless if they have a skeleton in the closet or not. I mean, Tarantino is into weird kinky poo poo which is like whatever gets you off if it's not illegal and has consenting adults. If the worst thing to come out is a very bad judgment call regarding a stunt scene in a movie and being a rape apologist when EVERYONE in Hollywood was when Polanski got nominated for The Pianist 15 years ago (it's not fair to single him out but to judge Hollywood itself) then maybe he really doesn't have Weinstein-level poo poo. Even his apology for the Thurman stunt car decision came off pretty genuine to me and not "im gay"-style Kevin Spacey deflection.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Inescapable Duck posted:

this is the actual answer

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock posted:

Even his apology for the Thurman stunt car decision came off pretty genuine to me and not "im gay"-style Kevin Spacey deflection.

I will fully admit I have sympathy for him with the car stunt thing.

Because the stunt was "drive in a straight line at a reasonable speed." Like, it's kind of mind blowing she hosed that up in 30 seconds. She must be like Mr. Magoo or something.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Because the stunt was "drive in a straight line at a reasonable speed." Like, it's kind of mind blowing she hosed that up in 30 seconds. She must be like Mr. Magoo or something.

She claims the car was broken and they couldn't find anyone to fix what is essentially a VW beetle in Mexico.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The persecution of Mel Gibson

lol

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Sinteres posted:

Aside from his art, I think the circumstances of Polanski's life probably made him more sympathetic to a lot of people than just some guy would have been. Surviving the Holocaust and having his pregnant wife murdered by the Manson Family certainly qualifies him as having a tragic backstory.

This will make people mad at you. Speaking from experience.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're consistent.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm really curious what was so unsafe about the car and if it could've been as simple as "doesn't, and never did, have power steering" or "seatbelts were unavailable as a factory option"

E: in any case, leaving the stunt coordinator out of the loop and not having someone competent give the vehicle and the shot plan a once-over was dumb as gently caress on Tarantino's part, I'm not trying to apologize for him.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 14, 2018

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

viral spiral posted:

have u seen key largo?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

viral spiral posted:

Rosemary's baby was real good and real ducked up, might be that only a real pedophile like Polanski could have made it so maybe we should all stand and applause for him but maybe not idk

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I too enjoy polanski movies but loving hate his eternal hollywood fellatio cheer squad.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Old enough to pee, old enough for Polanski. :shrug:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I hear daniel day lewis is going to sodomize an unwilling pre-teen as part of getting into character for his upcoming roman polanski biopic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I got bigger problems to worry about than this bullshit

• Locked thread