Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Blast of Confetti posted:

most people died in the initial blast because the gasses released were so hot that it boiled their brains out in two or three seconds

fart goals itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Thats way too hot dude.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Have Blue posted:

Now you've got me thinking that ancient "fertility idols" like the venus of willendorf(sp) were really just their equivalent of anime figurines

I hold that, the Lion Man and all the carved stone penises from the Upper Paleolithic are just poo poo posts, made by the dumbass Goons of the day, and that the real art was the cave paintings.

Pompeii also had some great stuff. Like a fresco of a satyr with an erect goat hog creeping on a nymph, and this great fresco of a guy getting rode cowgirl style by a thicc rear end woman. That latter one was hung in the equivalent of the living room, where all his visitors got to see it. Also, so many charms that are dicks, with dicks for bodies, dicks for arms, with wings, and then, a big ol' hard on. Like 7 dicks all at once.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

RaySmuckles posted:

this is how i plan on going out

nice to see i could end up famous to boot!

Do it on everest and you'll be like green boots

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Senior Management posted:

We should all petition Congress to rename Hawaii as Pompeii II: The Reckoning before it is too late.

ill call the mayor

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fumble posted:

Thats way too hot dude.

THCV fucks you up and doesn't evaporate till 428F

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

poverty goat posted:

Recalibrate the Fahrenheit so it's 420

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

poverty goat posted:

pyroclastic hits

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lacey posted:

No I think there are still skeletons there. They don't do the plaster casting anymore because it fucks up the bones.

They probably get more information from bone science stuff, instead of just guessing things like, "This man's genitals are poorly delineated because he was jacking off so furiously when he died that the ash couldn't even settle".

Not true--they just cast a horse.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/05/pompeii-horse-civita-giuliana-archaeology-science/

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

EX250 Type R posted:

I assume it was a lot like this

What the hell happened here

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

shut up blegum posted:

What the hell happened here

tire came off a vehicle and hit a guy so hard that he just came off the bike gently enough that the bike was able to stay upright due to the rotational inertia of its wheels

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

rotational inertia is pretty funny

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Also, Romans were idiots. AD 62 an earthquake hosed up the city and Vesuvius started smoking for the next 12 years. They all knew what was comin' and stayed there because they dumped 2muchmoney into bronze statues of Apollo with a tiny baby dilz and murals of people loving to just leave, because they can't take their goofy poo poo with them.

So they stayed and got owned like Wileus Coyotus in the OP.

Same thing with the earthquakes and smoking mountain happened in northern Arizona around AD 1070 and everyone just said NOPE! and left. We haven't found anyone up there who straight got owned by the Sunset Crater eruption.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just like the current civilization and global warming lmao

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Picnic Princess posted:

He'll never be the legatus of a major provincia populi Romani

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Former DILF posted:

the bike was able to stay upright due to the rotational inertia of its wheels

actually there is no single, simple explanation of why a bike/motorbike can stay upright with nobody riding it :eng101: they're simple machines with very complex dynamics

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hackbunny posted:

actually there is no single, simple explanation of why a bike/motorbike can stay upright with nobody riding it :eng101: they're simple machines with very complex dynamics
ive been behind the wheel of a bunch of fastish cars and ive been cycling for years so i get mechanical grip at speed and also how to ride a two wheeled machine but one thing about motorcycles that really was a new thing to me was how you had to really push the counter steer and that was something i wasn't really used to with a bicycle even when i was going down a hill at like 80 kph. a lot of it has to do that my bicycle was only 15 lbs so there is a lot less inertia to move around.

motorbike and bicycle geometry is interesting and i wont pretend to understand it completely but upright stuff handles like garbage, feels like you are going to either high side or lowside if you start to push it hard through a corner, super raked out feels like you have turned your bike into a dump truck.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 1, 2018

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Former DILF posted:

tire came off a vehicle and hit a guy so hard that he just came off the bike gently enough that the bike was able to stay upright due to the rotational inertia of its wheels

his head might of came off too

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus); 4523: I have buggered men

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

hemale in pain posted:

his head might of came off too

thats not consequential to the continued motion of the motorbike, who is the main character in this story, thank you very much

unless there was a train crossing nearby, then the locomotive supercedes the motor vehicles

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Smythe posted:

the blast of cum fighitng the blast of ashes like dbz beams

a drunkard tagging buildings in rome already addressed this

VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

ive been behind the wheel of a bunch of fastish cars and ive been cycling for years so i get mechanical grip at speed and also how to ride a two wheeled machine but one thing about motorcycles that really was a new thing to me was how you had to really push the counter steer and that was something i wasn't really used to with a bicycle even when i was going down a hill at like 80 kph. a lot of it has to do that my bicycle was only 15 lbs so there is a lot less inertia to move around.

motorbike and bicycle geometry is interesting and i wont pretend to understand it completely but upright stuff handles like garbage, feels like you are going to either high side or lowside if you start to push it hard through a corner, super raked out feels like you have turned your bike into a dump truck.

You should count steer bicycles when above 5-7mph.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

No. 6 posted:

You should count steer bicycles when above 5-7mph.
right for sure what im saying is that on a bicycle that takes care of itself almost because the machine you are riding weighs nothing but on a motorcycle not only are you going a lot faster but you have to put a good amount input force on the handlebar to get the bike leaning

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

extra stout posted:

VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus); 4523: I have buggered men

I knew the Alchemist was gay, but Dr. O too? Huh.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Snopes is trash, completely unreliable now

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

extra stout posted:

a drunkard tagging buildings in rome already addressed this

VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis

lol if you've never thrust your member into the flames like Vulcan forging a throne

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Pyroclastic flow so hot, it boiled the cum right outta his big d

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Wamdoodle posted:

lol if you've never thrust your member into the flames like Vulcan forging a throne

Go quench my peen, Zeus! Don’t give Vulcan all the fun!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mpph!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EorayMel posted:

Can we get a filter that changes "im gay" to that?

Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Did you know that you see skeletons walking around every day?? They're usually covered in muscle and stuff but they're there.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Everyone has a skeleton warrior inside them trying to escape.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Vato posted:

I'm sad to hear that the guy we all thought was jerking off was actually dying painfully.

It's not like these two things are mutually exclusive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lmfao

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_n_zwIZk4

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

bite the curb, galli --historia romanum x

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Can we get a filter that changes "im gay" to that?

I think the best ancient graffiti is the one warning you about Toilet Ghost

http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm posted:

III.5.1 (House of Pascius Hermes; left of the door); 7716: To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

The actual funniest thing to come out of Pompeii is the agricultural bullshit Campania gettin' wrecked by a volcano caused.

See, Pompeii was The Wine Producing Region at the time, as well as The Foreign Wine Importing Region. The City of Rome proper drank A gently caress TON of wine. When that supply got cut off, Rome panicked, started planting vineyards instead of wheat and barley and managed to gently caress themselves over for a few years in actually getting food.

Oh, also, Pompeii was like, The Food Producing Region of the Italian Peninsula as well as The Food Importing From Afar Port so like, they managed to double gently caress themselves.

Romans were straight up idiots.

• Locked thread