Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Can you confirm your previous assertion that Jesus did not eat rear end and thus died in agony Chinatown?

i mean i cant CONFIRM it but what other possible explanation is there?

dude didnt eat rear end IMHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

LabyaMynora posted:

I just remembered... the Lucifer show on Fox that just got canceled - that's based off a run of his Sandman comics. Not saying it was good, but it got known.

Basically, he wrote a storyline where Lucifer decided he was done with being the lord of Hell, so he just upped and left, and he bequeathed Hell to Morpheus who then had to decide what to do with it (he gives it back to God, who then casts two other loser angels down to rule over it against their will). Then they made a series of Lucifer comics about his adventures on Earth being a dude, and that's what got adapted to the show.

I'm not a fan, but his ideas travel for whatever that's worth. (Licensing money, it's worth licensing money.)

My hope is that they've loosened up a little bit regarding the lack of Fox/network TV censorship when the new season airs on Netflix in the spring

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Love him so much I am converting to his one true and universal church. Catholicism.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

forgot if i've proclaimed my faith in this thread and ctrl+f'ing my name seems narcissistic so hey God exists!!! I BeLiEvE!!!!!!!!!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

basic hitler posted:

forgot if i've proclaimed my faith in this thread and ctrl+f'ing my name seems narcissistic so hey God exists!!! I BeLiEvE!!!!!!!!!

When you think about it, God's always ctrl+fing his name through the universe, or he'd never be able to tell prayers apart from just regular talk.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Belief that everything is ok and none of your problems really matter in the long run is cool and good whether you call it faith in the lord, nirvana or casual nihilism. Namaste.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

When you think about it, God's always ctrl+fing his name through the universe, or he'd never be able to tell prayers apart from just regular talk.

wow, poo poo, i guess i'm okay with searching for myself online now

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i think about god

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

what if god was one of us? makes you think.. about god

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
How the hell am I supposed to give my answer when the opening post to this thread is literally blank?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
How come Americans stayed so religious but enlightened and superior countries in Scandinavia stopped caring about god altogether?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

tfw you create an intricate clockwork universe and the ugly monkey people living inside it think you work in mysterious ways

#justdietythings

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those ugly monkey people are your son, you inconsiderable lout.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Well... if you hate Unitarians and you hate the UCC... you'll have to start your own church? Or cult? Whichever's your style.

there's nothing more christian than schisming and forming a new church that says god is actually what you want him to be

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

God owns.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The Greeks were right. God/Zeus looks down on the world and says "gently caress it." In what sense of the word depends on how good the day is going.

Alternatively I have been praying to Traffikus the god of street lights and he has not let abandoned me so far.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p554R-Jq43A

Although I'd settle for cheap booze.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

God is good. God is great. Since I stopped denying Him and refusing to do His will for me, my life has become a joy. The best advice I ever received as an chronically unhappy atheist was, "You say you're feeling bad but don't believe in God. Why don't you say a prayer to the God you don't believe in." I'm very grateful I'd become desperate enough to do so. It started a spiritual search that led me home, back to Godhead.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Collapsing Farts posted:

How come Americans stayed so religious but enlightened and superior countries in Scandinavia stopped caring about god altogether?

Americans are bread of extremely retarded european stock who wanted to get more puritan, also Donald J. Trump is president.
Embrace the void hail satan

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

old beast lunatic posted:

Americans are bread

I'm pumpernickel!!!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't believe Neil Gaiman exists. Seems unlikely.

How does someone who only wrote one-and-a-half good books (Neverwhere, co-wrote Good Omens with Pratchett) get that popular???

It turns out that people popular as an author has limited correlation with being good as an author. It also has zero correlation with continuing to exist.

Although it would be interesting if aspiring authors blinked out of existence after a certain number of failed attempts at getting published.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
God exists and he's an American.

If that statement starts to chill you after a couple of moments' consideration, then don't be alarmed. A feeling of intense and crushing religious terror at the concept indicates only that you are still sane.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Applewhite posted:

God exists and he's an American.

If that statement starts to chill you after a couple of moments' consideration, then don't be alarmed. A feeling of intense and crushing religious terror at the concept indicates only that you are still sane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BigBadSteve posted:

God is good. God is great. Since I stopped denying Him and refusing to do His will for me, my life has become a joy. The best advice I ever received as an chronically unhappy atheist was, "You say you're feeling bad but don't believe in God. Why don't you say a prayer to the God you don't believe in." I'm very grateful I'd become desperate enough to do so. It started a spiritual search that led me home, back to Godhead.

I'm glad Anubis was able to lift your spirits

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

sounds like you needed some regular head.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hail satan

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I had a dream last night where I could tell I was dreaming but some parts of the dream had this strange sharpness to them. I became obsessed with these fragments thinking that in my dream these strange microcosms of clarity were not in fact dreams, but portals to a different plane of reality, which were only accessible by strange applications of impossible to know dream logic.

The scary thing was the realization that, since this was a dream, my foggy sleep state would quickly whisk me away from these portals of clarity given the slightest lapse in concentration, barring me from those tantalizing realms of the unknown my consciousness was prodding me towards.

I remember the terror as a corridor I knew had previously led to one of these looking glass tears seemingly warped in a dozy transition as my dream will's grasp on my floating sleep consciousness began to falter.
I barged into a library with a desk in a small but tall, very tall room with wooden, glossy walls the books were all flitting from one state to the next, I'd pull out a book with a fantasy macho man in the cover, place it back, then remove the same book in the same spot only to discover it had entirely changed to a biology text.

I recall frantically looking up through the window, with wooden crosses as skeletons supporting the frames, on the other side was a green lawn sloping down a hill, surrounded by trees, the wind was whispering and blowing and the horizon looked sharp, it looked like the world seemed when I was awake, known, corporeal, distant but focused, tangible.

But I couldn't touch because of the window and I could not go through, and realizing that barrier my mind finally sped off to other fantastical avenues as this strange oddysey of awareness final came to a groggy end.

This was likely a communing with God, a longing attempt to separate soul from flesh, to drift shapelessly like air into a plane bereft of the concerns of mortality.

Of course, I also blazed extremely heavily, immense levels of high, likely highest I've ever been on the old Mary J.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

He's pretty cool, OP.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope there is just enough space between life and death for god havers to realize they are alone OP

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Americans are bread of extremely retarded european stock who wanted to get more puritan, also Donald J. Trump is president.
Embrace the void hail satan

*Bred

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

i think its funny that Yahweh was so insecure he convinced a desert tribe and eventually most of the world that he is the one true Lord Almighty, but he sucks so bad that even his most devoted followers mostly wrote stories about what a petulant little bitch he is.

ThatNateGuy
Oct 15, 2004

"Is that right?"
Slippery Tilde

Ocean Book posted:

i think its funny that Yahweh was so insecure he convinced a desert tribe and eventually most of the world that he is the one true Lord Almighty, but he sucks so bad that even his most devoted followers mostly wrote stories about what a petulant little bitch he is.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
idk op what do you think about the 3rd dimension? the answer should be nothing because it doesn't loving exist. where is the conspiracies forums when you need it??

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah, gently caress the z-axis!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Ever since I was old enough, I've been praying to God to not answer anyone else's prayers. So far, so good I think. Praise be!

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
9 months till Christmas. Happy anniversary of the God Nut.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Supreme Allah posted:

bring him before me

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

I hope there is just enough space between life and death for god havers to realize they are alone OP
i hope there's enough space for us all to appreciate it