Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Motherfucker posted:

Oh yeah my farthole was sore for days... oh... you said gangstalking?

what even is that?

It's thinking that every single little inconvenience in your life is an organized attack on your sanity. It's paranoid schizophrenia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Yeah those people in the VICE piece are legitimate schizophrenics; what I don't understand is just how widespread some of these conspiracies are- which makes me think there's a huge undiagnosed schizophrenic-prone population. Although that's basically the point of the VICE video. One of those guys even rationalizes his paranoia by pointing out there's a huge number of these like-minded people.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Yeah those people in the VICE piece are legitimate schizophrenics; what I don't understand is just how widespread some of these conspiracies are- which makes me think there's a huge undiagnosed schizophrenic-prone population. Although that's basically the point of the VICE video. One of those guys even rationalizes his paranoia by pointing out there's a huge number of these like-minded people.

Some capitalist is raking in dough somehow from these people.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gangs talking?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Blockade posted:

Me and some friends are looking to disrupt the gang stalking industry with our new app Stalkr, its a Mechanical Turk like platform where you can elect to take on small tasks to interfere with the lives of people around you

As a customer you simply pick out your target, and choose from a suite of different gang stalking options

All part of the gangstalking plan, invent the gig economy to make it easier to recruit cheap gangstalkers. You don't need them full time anyways.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gangs talking?

Gangstal King, it's a new way to describe someone who's like REALLY gangsta.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

skooma512 posted:

Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein too

i just bought that the other day :blastu:

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018
Is this not just another form of schizophrenia?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Julius CSAR posted:

Please take your meds

gangstalking is a scheme by big pharma to sell more anti-psychotic meds :tinfoil:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
These same feelings that alleged gangstalker victims talk about are also experienced when dealing with passive aggressive people that intentionally try to mindfuck others under plausible deniability, and the sort of people that do that kind of thing are far too common.

I think my soysauce is giving me the stink eye.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
If gangstalking is real, 99% of people are in on it. Where's the proposed gain?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Grei Skuring posted:

If gangstalking is real, 99% of people are in on it. Where's the proposed gain?

The dark gods demand sacrifice. They feed on the sanity of their victims.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spazzle posted:

The dark gods demand sacrifice. They feed on the sanity of their victims.

They're going to go pretty loving hungry round here.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Amicus curiae posted:

I went to a lovely store in Ontario, Canada called "Big Boy's With Cool Toys" and the manager said he didn't have any. I immediately walked to the back and found a home security section with video cameras. I took a photo of the home video equipment with my phone and immediately the power in the store blacked out

https://www.bigboyswithcooltoys.ca/

The apsotrophe is REAL!! Seriously, though, why would you go to an actual toy and hobby store to get home security equipment? Did you actually think they'd have the best selection? If I were in the market for some cold cuts, I wouldn't start at the library.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CarpenterWalrus posted:

https://www.bigboyswithcooltoys.ca/

The apsotrophe is REAL!! Seriously, though, why would you go to an actual toy and hobby store to get home security equipment? Did you actually think they'd have the best selection? If I were in the market for some cold cuts, I wouldn't start at the library.

Yeah and they don't really seem to have security cameras, so the dude was right. The cameras they have seem to be more geared towards electronics hobbyists who are going to build something with a camera on it, and cameras for mounting on a drone (once again, electronics hobbyist poo poo).

I've seen security cameras at Target that would be better for what OP is looking for... and cheaper, too.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was walking to a music venue and I stopped there because it was along the way. I was looking for the coolest toy, of course.
I went to the very back and they did indeed have home security cameras. The power in the store literally shut off when I began recording on my phone.

GBS used to be smart because it was anti mainstream. Most people are dumb and they think gangstalking does not exist. Doesn't that surmise there must be something to the concept?

Amicus curiae fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 6, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

When I was a teen working in a lovely grocery store, we had a two hour long blackout once so me and a buddy from seafood decided to race lobsters down an isle.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Amicus curiae posted:

I was walking to a music venue and I stopped there because it was along the way. I was looking for the coolest toy, of course.
I went to the very back and they did indeed have home security cameras. The power in the store literally shut off when I began recording on my phone.

GBS used to be smart because it was anti mainstream. Most people are dumb and they think gangstalking does not exist. Doesn't that surmise there must be something to the concept?

It doesn't mean that most people are dumb and don't believe.
It means none of us care that it happens to us.
Ever consider that?

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
that poo poo was loving terrifying

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
surprise! all 5 robots are in full-murder mode

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What if that was a happy accident and they were gangstalking somebody else

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

how hosed do you have to be to think egging on an already-paranoid person is a good idea

close this thread

calmly explaining to someone that their paranoid delusions aren't real doesn't work, so why not have fun with it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Although, it's fun to read itt, you can't argue away paranoid schizophrenia with rational arguments. You can't apply logic to crazy. Case in point:

Amicus curiae posted:

Most people are dumb and they think gangstalking does not exist. Doesn't that surmise there must be something to the concept?

OP, next time you want to spend money on some anti-gangstalking tools, use that money to see a psychiatrist. There's so much more enjoyment you could get out of life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Amicus curiae posted:

Most people are dumb and think the world is round. Dumb people can be right.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Tiny Bug Child posted:

calmly explaining to someone that their paranoid delusions aren't real doesn't work, so why not have fun with it

or you could just not say anything

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Amicus curiae posted:

OP go to bed and sleep in for a nice long time, maybe 10-12 hours. Take a bath with a nice bath bomb, a good, toasty warm bath.

Then when you feel all set and comfy call a therapist or psych office.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Amicus curiae posted:

I literally searched the website for cameras and there were no security cameras. :shrug:

Also, most people don't pick up dogshit off the ground and smear it under their nostrils. That doesn't mean there's something to the concept.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

seeing responses from actual crazy people is funny and kind of fascinating imo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Take your own advice

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

OP, you should see a doctor because what you are describing is not normal. You are not important enough for everyone in your city to get together and harass. Everyone shits on cops and trump and none of them get gangstalked.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DamnitGannet posted:

OP, you should see a doctor because what you are describing is not normal. You are not important enough for everyone in your city to get together and harass. Everyone shits on cops and trump and none of them get gangstalked.

Wow!
Sure is great no one else in the thread you just read yourself just now to post in ever suggested all of this repeatedly over and over or this would just seem stupid!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Who What Now posted:

Take your own advice

nah

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Wow!
Sure is great no one else in the thread you just read yourself just now to post in ever suggested all of this repeatedly over and over or this would just seem stupid!

You should also see a doctor

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you are a unionized gangstalker, the mental health coverage is pretty good!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Amicus curiae posted:

Why would people be following you around? Doesn't it make more sense that your perception is flawed in perceiving people following and observing you, even if it's hard to accept? Who pays tens of thousands of people to gangstalk others when there is no profit to be made, or any goal otherwise?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

Who pays tens of thousands of people to gangstalk others when there is no profit to be made, or any goal otherwise?

They're harvesting farts and selling them on the black market.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

da gently caress I coulda been HUGE in that market

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013
There's a guy in my neighborhood who started yelling that I was gangstalking him because I was walking my dogs, I found out later he owns a gun lmao

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sartana posted:

There's a guy in my neighborhood who started yelling that I was gangstalking him because I was walking my dogs, I found out later he owns a gun lmao

The best thing is that shooting guns in an indoor gun range actually causes lead poisoning. So paranoid, insecure people buy guns, shoot them off, get lead particles everywhere, breath them in, get them on their hands/mouth and then go eat a sandwich or something and ingest it, and gradually get crazier and more and more paranoid.

It's a perfect recipe for the fall of an empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LabyaMynora posted:

The best thing is that shooting guns in an indoor gun range actually causes lead poisoning. So paranoid, insecure people buy guns, shoot them off, get lead particles everywhere, breath them in, get them on their hands/mouth and then go eat a sandwich or something and ingest it, and gradually get crazier and more and more paranoid.

It's a perfect recipe for the fall of an empire.

This is troubling my bathroom ceiling is littered with celebratory bullet holes from every time I completed a particularly intense dookie.