Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5
Conditions: Dead Meat

I let out an exaggerated sputter. "I'm not helping her sneak in! She did it herself. I'm just trying a diplomatic approach." I fold my arms and huff. "Did she really get two people for this? I'd be insulted if I wasn't sure she's just so scared of Luna." I laugh. "I was going to offer the weed I got to keep her occupied too. I snatched it from a doctor. So its strong stuff, you know for dying people. I guess if you're worried about it you can help me keep an eye on her. I got enough for three. And she won't need to step a foot in the house."

10+ on manipulate

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Luna Lovell
Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 0
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

I laugh cruelly at Mary Anne's bravado and wave away Billie's attempt to make a peace offering.

"You wanna fight me? I'm surprised you can loving stand with all that beer in you. Did you crawl out of bed drunk one day, or were you damaged when your mama squeezed you onto the trailer floor?"

I step forward into her face, practically begging her to crown me with that bottle.

spending a string to offer Billie XP to stay back

@Luna Lovell: 2d6 shut down mary anne = (4+2) = 6

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: Mary Anne doesn't seem interested until you talk about how it's strong stuff for dying people. "Well...maybe. Okay. But I didn't see you and you're on your own if Paisley spots you two." Then Luna steps in and makes the situation far worse. What do you do?

Luna: It's dark enough that by the time you realize Mary Anne has decided to take you up on that offer, she's already bringing the bottle down on you. It smashes on your head, spraying beer and glass shards everywhere. The jagged edges of the rest of the bottle that she's holding onto slice into your face, and it's only the same darkness that prevents Mary Anne from seeing that it's not as bad as it should be.

You take 2 Harm, reduced to 1 for Spirit Armor

She screams in rage and triumph. "gently caress YOU LUNA! gently caress YOU!" She laughs, and grabs your shirt, pulling you forward. "You wanna die?! Not like anyone would miss you!" She begins swinging the broken bottle like a knife to cut you up even more. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Billie Odynom
Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5
Conditions: Dead Meat

"Jesus Christ!" The surprise lasts for just a moment before danger mode kicks in and I lurch into action. I put my knuckles into Mary's jaw to get her to stop. After a few false starts on saying something I spit out, "You dumb rear end you think P wants a body and the cops in back yard?" I take a deep breath as the adrenaline drains. Or whatever my dead rear end uses instead. This loving town. "And don't give me that you're joking poo poo."

lash out she gets a string

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0+1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

Ah, gently caress. That loving stings. Little bitch has a decent arm on her, I'll give her that. Getting my throat cut was definitely not high on my agenda for the evening, so that's all I want to give her. I manage to scrape together enough of my scrambled wits to try and grab her weapon hand with both of mine in the moment of distraction when Billie punches her in the face. I kinda doubt she's in a settling down mood so I pull her off balance into a hip throw, keep my grip on her wrist and twist her shoulder as she hits the ground. Whatever little scratches I pick up from the bottle will be worth taking her arm out of commission.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 hold steady = (2+5)+1 = 8, keeping my cool

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 lash out at mary anne = (1+6)+1 = 8, doing harm, she can deal 1 harm (0 harm) to me for free

would like to also lash out but it can wait for now

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 1, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: Mary Anne is unable to get a decent cut in on her way down to the ground despite her best efforts, and begins howling in rage as she twists and spins out of your grip. She staggers up and switches the broken bottle to her left hand. Clearly she's going to have some trouble using it with her off hand, but she looks like she's too busy being angry so she can keep going to actually think about things like that. She keeps an eye on you, taking deep breathes while talking to Billie. What do you do?

Billie: "You think 'P' is going to be happy with you helping Luna? You trying to make sure everyone hates you instead of almost everyone?" Mary Anne lets out a sharp, pained laugh.

Mary Anne spends her String to give you the condition Outcast

"Now why don't you stay out of this?" What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile 2 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5
Conditions: Dead Meat Outcast

I roll my eyes. "Okay. Luna doesn't need my protection and looks like you don't want to stop even with my encouragement." I sit on one of the patio chairs and pull out a joint. "So if either ya'll feel like not dying tonight the offer's still open." I light up the joint and see what Levee's magic mystery serum does for the herb.

failed gaze about Levee's plans

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 11, 2020

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0

"Yeah, well..."

I size her up, clearly skeptical about it, but as I look her over, it dawns on me. She doesn't really have a reason to bullshit me.

You wanna know the sad part? I actually feel... disappointed. There's no scheme or anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't think for a second she thought "I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart, because it's 2020, people," but I honestly trust "I think you'd be good to have around, and anyone who's got a problem can gently caress off" more. And isn't this what I wanted, anyway? I wanted to get to an Ivy so I could be in the In Crowd where it really matters.

So, what's wrong with skipping ahead a few years where it doesn't matter as much?

"Well... thanks, then. For the invite, I mean."

That's when I hear the commotion by the speakers. Did the hex somehow slip past Hale and get Krystal somehow? How is he doing it?

Well, I should be sure first. Once I am, I... just need to get her in a pool or something. There's a pool, here, right? What kind of rich person doesn't have a pool, anyway?

I say, "Well, let's go join the others, then." When we get there, I listen in, trying to figure out if people were talking about something that Krystal would lie about.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: You feel the weed kick in almost immediately, although there's this odd metallic taste to the smoke you can't quite place. You lean back, thinking on Dr. Levee. As it continues to take effect you feel relaxed, happy, and your thoughts keep drifting back to Dr. Levee and...how you like her? Want her to be happy? Whenever you think of her, those thoughts keep coming. What do you make of them?

"Billie? What is it?" You suddenly hear her voice right next to you. As you realize your phone is up to your ear and you've dialed her, what secret that you've been keeping from Dr. Levee do you let out?

While you're under the effects of Dr. Levee's drug, she acts at Advantage against you

Jay: You head back to the crowd, where Hale looks you in the eyes. "Hey Jay. Nice seeing you here." A loud ringing noise goes off in your head. No one else seems to hear it. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5

I'm quiet as Jay sweeps off. Contemplating. Reevaluating. I may have misread him. I'll need to reconsider whether he has a place in my court, but that's a matter for later. And Hale... Hale will be dealt with in time. I still need to deal with Krystal and Winter. Perhaps it's too soon to consider branching out when my most loyal subjects are being manipulated against me. I head back into the crowd to mingle myself, looking for Winter. Where there's Winter there will be Krystal... and then I can see about dealing with that situation.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Paisley: "Hey Paisley!" Winter waves, although you sense a bit of hesitation in her mind. Kyrstal whispers something to her, and the feeling of hesitation increases. "You need anything? Krystal and I can help, and then we're gonna catch up." You can feel the nervousness from the lie she's telling you.

"Great party Paisley," Krystal says with a fake smile. You see Damien and Jenna waiting to see if you want to separate the two of them. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 19, 2020

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

I clear my throat and sit up in the chair as I catch up to what is happening. I had been mumbling about eating someone. Uhhhhh hopefully that just sounded horny. "H-hey. Sorry I think I butt dialed. I'm trying out the stuff you wanted uh, it um. It works? Was it supposed to do something other than gently caress me up?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1

It's almost funny. I wanted to make it so he couldn't lie, but now I'm getting the world's most redundant alert when he lies to me. But... if it affected him, then what happened with Crystal then? Something to figure out after this.

Still, if he wants to put on a nice public face, I can play that game too, saying, "Yeah, glad you could make it. Thought you might not be able to because... well..." I gesture to his whole face situation, leaving the "Because Billie and I beat the crap out of you this morning" unspoken.

Failed shut down, because Jay just can't do anything right.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "You did what? Wait, did you smoke what I gave you? Hold on," Dr. Levee says. You hear some drawers opening and closing, some papers ruffling, and the sound of the phone being put down on a desk as she puts you on speakphone. "Okay, so first - you were supposed to hand it out. I need to know the effects on regular people, not you! Also, kindly explain what the gently caress you just said about eating someone." What do you do?

Jay: Hale steps forward, glaring down at you. "Because of?" He lowers his voice. "Because you and your freak friend attacked me?" You again hear the ringing noise and realize he close enough to whisper. "Seems like your chances at being part of this popular club might go down if they think you're a violent thug."

Hale takes a String on you

"Why don't you stay on my good side? Stay away from Krystal if you know what's good for you."

Hale spends the String - roll to Hold Steady if you want to keep talking to Kyrstal now

He stands straight back up and and steps away. What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

"People aren't going to try poo poo if I'm being dodgy about using it myself," I hiss to her. God drat she should have thought of that even working just theoretically. "And um." gently caress gently caress. "This isn't a great time to get into that." Luckily the girls are too busy with the bloodlust to probably be listening. I feel like it's a really bad idea to give Levee the run around. "Normal food hasn't cut it for me anymore. I've uh, been cleaning out the junkies taking their last shots around town. Public service really. Nothing to sweat." She's probably going to be pissed anyway because something something research but gently caress people probably have an easier time talking butt stuff to a doctor than this poo poo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 0+1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

I shake my head at Mary-Anne's attitude. Drunk and angry or not she's got to be hurting. Should I try to talk her down? I can keep dislocating her shoulders all night, but the longer we gently caress around the more likely she'll get another good stab in or I'll lose control and do something I REALLY regret. Then she starts threatening to narc on Billie and you know, I'm kinda sick of narcs today. I wipe some blood away from my face, re-load my guns and show her some teeth.

"You're not going to be telling 'P' poo poo unless she knows a loving medium. C'mere."

I dart forward, let her slash at me and trust to Moon's protection to keep me from serious harm, and then go for a kind of hybrid wrist-lock/hammer-lock, squeezing her palm down on the neck of the bottle to shatter it. I hear something satisfying snap and smell blood start to flow from her hand. I press close for a moment to enjoy the feeling of dominance before I push her away. If she can still fight with no good arms I'll just loving...choke her out or something.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+1 lash out at mary-anne...again = (1+6)+1 = 8

Mary-Anne can have a string on Luna

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

And there it is. Thug. My head pounds with anger, but I keep an affable look as I continue to talk to him, even as my voice is venomous as I whisper, "Right. We attacked you. Maybe you should head to a hospital so you can get your head examined, since you clearly can't remember what actually happened."

I brush past him, adding, "I'm sure it'll be fine if you duck out. Krystal wouldn't miss you, anyway." Then, I head straight for Krystal, joining her in the group and start chatting with her, asking about the day and what she's got planned for the future.

This feels... pretty good, actually. I don't even need to turn around to feel Hale's rage, but it just makes flirting with Krystal feel all the better.

Got an 11 to hold steady to talk to Krystal, carrying +1 forward.
Then, got 7 on turn on.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Billie: "We'll talk about the marijuana thing in a moment." You hear more flipping of papers. "How long has this been going on? Is this just for food or are you finding anything changing about yourself? Are you just eating them raw?" She pauses. "You absoluetly sure the police won't notice this? How are you disposing of what's left?" You're real focused on the call and Dr. Levee's words - you barely register what's going on between Luna and Mary Anne right in front of you. What do you do?

Luna: Mary Anne looks at her hand, and you can see it coming through to her how physically hosed up she is. When you lean in close, she rears her head back and then slams it into yours, knocking you down and stunning you for a moment. "gently caress," you hear her shout before she takes off trying to get back to the sliding glass door that leads to the house - and by the time your head clears and you get to your feet, she's made it far enough that if you chase her down the two of you will be in plain view to the people near it.

Mary Anne spends her string on you to act at Advantage in escaping from you

Meanwhile, Billie's smoking and talking on the phone while this happens. What do you do?

Jay: Hale just stares in shock as you ignore him and go to Kyrstal. She's talking to Winter and Paisley, but when you show up she smiles. She takes your hand, and "accidentally" brushes her other hand by your pants. She says "Winter, I'll catch up with you in a bit. Have your talk with Paisley." She leans in to whisper, "Jay, I have something important to talk to you about." She looks around. "Why don't we sneak off and find a room to..." she grins. "Talk about it?" You see Hale clenching his fists, but unable to do anything right now. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

While I'm waiting for my eyes to stop watering from the pain in my snout nose I consider my options. Chasing Mary-Anne down and beating her to pulp in front of witnesses is pretty tempting, but I think maybe a patient approach is better. I figure with one enforcer thrashed and the other distracted Paisley is going to be short on options to get rid of me, unless she really wants the sheriff sniffing around a party full of booze and drugs. My scalp throbs a bit as if to remind me that being rash can still have consequences, and so I take a moment to pause and listen to what's going on around me.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+2 heightened senses = (1+5)+2 = 8

What is my best way in to the party?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

Yeah that reaction about lived down to my expectations. I pull up my legs to curl into the chair. And continue to keep my voice down. "Pick the bones clean. Smash the teeth. Unidentifiable skeletons in the woods." I clear my throat. "Yeah, raw. Since I stood back up from that shot. The craving gets too hard to ignore. I haven't noticed any changes." I check my nails. "Maybe something with my teeth I haven't looked at them."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

I grin. Honestly, this party was probably the best idea Paisley's had in a while. I say, "Well, then lead the way."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Paisley Severance || Hot: +1 | Cold: +1 | Vol: -1 | Dark: +0 || Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5

Jay's arrival and, indeed, subsequent departure are quite fortuitous. Krystal's disdain is increasingly obvious, though her subsequent distraction in terms of certain aspects of Jay's physique is equally so. I do not anticipate that she will be a problem for the duration of my chat... unless Jay experiences a truly stunning failure to perform. Regardless, the fact that they've also drawn Hale's ire is useful. Assuming that matters with Billie are proceeding apace, which I have no real reason to think otherwise, it seems that my attention can afford to be undivided.

I say, "Winter, let's find a quiet corner to catch up in. It's been ages since we've chatted..."

A tendril of psychic energy leaps from my mind to hers and attempts to reestablish the contact that Krystal has been so dutifully eroding. I just need to find a quiet spot where I can focus on the process. Surely she won't refuse? She did so enjoy the last time.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:10 PM
@Paisley Severance: 2d6+1 Turn On Winter = (1+2)+1 = 4

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: The sliding door is right in front of you and presumably the front door is still open as well, but you'd be spotted right away. But those seem to be your only options - until you glance up and see a window that's slightly open. Perhaps someone opened it earlier and forgot to close it? There's a drain pipe you can climb to reach it, even if it'll take a while. Then you could go down to where the party is from there. What do you do?

Billie: You hear furious scribbling as Dr. Levee writes something down while you're talking. "I'm going to need you to come visit me soon. This shouldn't-" she cuts herself off. "That is, I need to give you an examination. When are you free for one?" She pauses for a bit. "Speaking of you, everything going fine with what you've smoked so far? No bad side effects? Try and get a regular person to smoke it and let me know how it turns out for them, but while you're here..." What do you do?

Jay: Krystal brings you upstairs, to an empty room, and starts making out with you the moment the door closes. What do you do?

If you fade to black, activate your Sex Move

Paisley: For a moment, Winter looks hesitant. Then she sees Krystal drag Jay away and you sense that hesitation drop. "Yeah, sure." She takes your hand and smiles. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" You feel surprisingly turned on as she holds your hand, smiling while looking into your eyes. What do you make of that?

Give yourself to Winter, promise her something you think she wants, or give her a String

The two of you find the kitchen pretty empty, all the alcohol and supplies have been taken out and everyone else is on the other side of the house. You feel Winter's hesitation pop back up for a moment, but she turns to you. "What do you want to talk about Paisley?" What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

The window looks pretty good, and I am at least dressed for climbing. I look back at Billie and she's still on the phone to someone about her teeth. And...other people's teeth. And skeletons. Yeah, this is getting a little heavy for me. Time to make an exit while she's still high and distracted. I step back softly and then turn and bolt for the drainpipe, if I get a good jump I can be halfway up that wall before I need to worry about climbing.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+2 Run Away = (2+1)+2 = 5

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

"Tomorrow? I dunno school is the only thing I need to do. Hold up-" I put the phone down and stumble over to Luna. "Hey you said you'd share a joint with me." I put myself in her way so she just collides with me. Not the most graceful way to keep her around but I don't have time to think.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

It's like running into a brick wall, and I bounce off hard into the grass. I'm becoming too familiar with this patch of lawn tonight.

"gently caress."

I groan and sit up, glaring at the monolith that knocked me down as she offers me a joint. So much for a quick escape. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Fine, but get off the phone. I gotta ask you some questions."

I pat the ground next to me for Billie to take a seat. If we're doing this I don't want her towering over me the whole time.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

I squint at my phone I left on the table. "Uh. Sure."
I plop down on the grass and offer the joint. "Shoot. Uh is this about agreeing to keep you out? You want company like that?" I motion towards where Mary ran. "You'll just need to pay for more windows."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I feel my cheeks grow hot as she smiles brilliantly at me and we walk into the kitchen. Need aches within me. Maybe I've been wrong the whole time. Have I been jealous of Krystal spending time with Winter? I want to keep Winter close, but is it simply for the services she provides the court...? Perhaps not. Perhaps it's something more straightforward than even that: desire. I try to think back to the me before the awakening. I'd always seen her around school, it's impossible not to, but what did I think of her then? I don't remember. It's hard to think in the moment, especially when my preferred course of action requires little thought at all.

I slide against the counter, shoulder to shoulder with Winter, and I say, "I feel... like I've been taking you for granted, Winter. I just-" My breath catches in my throat as I take her hand in mine. "-I want you to know that you're someone I truly value. And, that is to say... I want to show you just how much you mean to me."

Paisley intends to give herself.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Luna: You hear your phone ding as you get some text messages, and a brief glance shows you it's Maeve.

Maeve posted:

u free?
mite be busy later
can show you garden now

Do you want to take her up on that offer? You'll have to leave, and if you bring Billy along she might not like that. What do you do?

Billie: "Billie?" You hear Dr. Levee's voice come out of the phone. "What's going on?" What do you do?

Paisley: Winter hesitates when you go shoulder to shoulder, and you can sense her becoming nervous as she looks down at your hand. She pushes through it and says "How...how are you going to show me?" She leans in a bit closer, slowly, waiting for you to say it.

Fade to black?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

Fade and take a token.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I say, a hint playful now that I know my feelings are making it through to her, "I think you know, Winter. Remember when we first met?"

Leaning in to meet her, I kiss her deeply. I may be her queen, but tonight... Tonight I'll make her feel like royalty.

Fading.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

I really don't want to ditch this scene just yet, not before having a better time than getting bottled or at least learning something. I text Maeve back a quick:

quote:

:( can't make it. next time?

before sliding my own phone away.

When Billie sits down I manage not to startle and just take the joint from her hand. I stare at it for a long second before taking a drag, letting the smell and taste of the smoke blur out all the overload from my charged up senses. As I exhale I turn to face her and shake my head at her questions.

"That's not what I...well, we do need to talk about that, but not yet. What I really need to know, and I get that this is going to be a weird conversation, but...ah, gently caress. This is difficult."

I take another drag to steel my nerves.

"I need to know how I could see you your father shoot you there-"

I place my hand on her chest, right above her heart.

"-but you're here on the grass smoking weed with me."

I let my hand linger, pretending to myself to be feeling for a heartbeat.

@Luna Lovell: 2d6+2 turn on billie (tagging dead meat) = (5+2)+2 = 9

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 22, 2020

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jay: After the two of you are done, Krystal reaches down to lift her pants off the floor and go through the pockets. "Your lips were a little dry," she says, and hands you a tube of chapstick as she drops the pants to the floor again. She slides close to snuggle next to you. "Do you actually have a moment to talk though?" She looks like something's on her mind. What do you do?

Paisley: Winter's emotions come to the front of her mind naturally, and she enjoys it as much as you do.

Winter takes One of Them as a condtion

When it's done you sense happiness being her main emotional state, with some confusion thrown in. "I...well, I never really sure what my feelings for you were," Winter admits as she pulls her skirt up. "I guess this explains it, huh?" Having an explanation for why she wants you to like her so much and why she often thinks about you is doing wonders for removing any concerns Krystal might have given her - perhaps she made a mistake in taking Jay aside right now. Winter looks at the door, but pauses and says "So...are we...together? Dating?" She's hoping you'll say yes. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I take a moment to think about that as I pull my own clothes on, but why not? I've clearly got feelings for her, and she for me, so it seems a natural arrangement. Perhaps the needs of realpolitik will intervene as our kingdom grows, some sort of political match a necessity, but she has a place in my heart.

I say, "I'd love that, Winter." I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her, murmuring in her ear, "And if you ever feel the slightest bit of doubt as to what we have, I will show you as many times as you want..." I giggle, despite myself, "Though perhaps not in the kitchen, next time. Shall we return to the party?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

"What?" It takes a lot of effort to not fight or flight. After being frozen in place for what felt like forever I take a deep breath. "I got better. I know a great doctor." I look back at my phone. "I was talking to her, poo poo I forgot to hang up." I scramble over to my phone. "Sorry doc, gotta go." And hang up.

I feel empty inside. Like Luna sucked everything out of me through her eyes. I might have outed myself to the nurse but that was different. I was in control. Luna just pulled the rug out from under me. It was awfully nice of her to ask me straight up instead of like trying to use it against me or something. She's lucky I like her. Because she's not the harmless type I'd trust with knowing that sort of stuff.

"So that's good stuff, right?" I motion to the joint.

giving string

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

It's funny, Billie's towering over me again but she seems much smaller. She's trying to deflect my question, and she's scared. I should let it go, make a joke about how much better this weed is than the poo poo Ron sells, maybe recover whatever mood she was in before we were interrupted the first time.

But I don't.

I can't.

I have to know.

I take another nervous drag. and crane my neck to look her in the eyes. The moon catches my own eyes as I do and for a moment they must look like a wolf's eyes, gold and bright. This time when I blow the smoke out it's slow and measured, and I shake my head.

"You don't get better from being cold in the mud. I saw you fall, and I heard you stop breathing, and I smelled your blood pumping out into the street. You don't have to explain poo poo to me, but something happened to you and it wasn't some poo poo hot surgeon. You changed. I...I know what that's like, maybe. Things have changed in a big way for me as well. So maybe I can understand. If you wanna talk about it."

I motion for her to sit down again, and hold out the joint. I don't wanna hog it, even if it is really good.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jay Brewer, The Witch

After applying it, I pocket the chapstick and lean over to her, saying, "What's on your mind?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

I stare down Luna. "Smell? Hear?" I sit down across from her. I let out a big sigh but I don't don't quite let down my guard. I'm still bristling a bit about this being sprung on me like this. "So what has changed for you? Since you already know so much about my problems?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Luna Lovell
Harm 1/4 XP 1/5
Psycho

I pull a face as Billie turns my question around on me, but it's fair.

"It's not easy to explain."

I pause to think about that.

"Actually it's easy to explain, but it's going to sound pretty crazy."

Seeing as she hasn't reached for the joint I hit it again, and look up at Moon. This has been just between us before now, and telling anyone seems risky...but gently caress it, what's life without risk?

"OK, here goes: I'm a werewolf. Only found out this year. I've got some magic powers, and I turn into a beast sometimes. See where I got hit with a bottle just now?"

I tilt my head forward to show her.

"Should have a cracked skull and blood pouring out of my scalp, but there's just a bump and a few scratches. I can smell and hear basically everything. I like taking long walks in the forest and stalking animals. And I can kind of tell when other people are...magic, or whatever. Are you sure you don't want the last of this?"

I offer her the joint again, it's kind of down to a little stub but it's the thought that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Billie Odynom
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5

"Werewolf, huh?" I finish off the joint. "Did you parents think they were cute naming you Luna?" I lay down in he grass. "So I'm dead. A zombie or something." I life up my shirt enough to show the scaring where my heart would be. "Lucky shot from pops. Right in my heart. I don't know if Levee pulled the bullet out of the thing. She keeps it in her lab. I don't want to know why."

Per ending move Luna gains morbid condition, rolled an 8 to turn on