Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Just remembered that we have a danged pyramid

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/summum-pyramid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dear Watson posted:

Just look at this poo poo. This was just this evening. loving horrible.

stay safe from airplanes and poo poo dude

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Has your truck been lifted then had the steps lowered?

Dear Watson posted:

Just look at this poo poo. This was just this evening. loving horrible.

This looks WAAAAAAY nicer than all the pics on GIS when I searched Utah.

promising carl posted:

Just remembered that we have a danged pyramid

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/summum-pyramid

These dudes rule.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Weka posted:

This looks WAAAAAAY nicer than all the pics on GIS when I searched Utah.
Utah is legit beautiful I don't blame Millennials for crowding it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Looks like God's happy to see you

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

it's because utah is a haven for rear end play

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Honestly even SLC seemed really chill and cool even though I knew there was a horrible cult temple like 2 blocks away

To be fair I only interacted with people in ski/snowboard shops and also I live in Miami so any city seems really wholesome and down to earth in comparison, I bet I'd think Flint is charming

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Weka posted:

Has your truck been lifted then had the steps lowered?

It’s fancy. The running boards drop down and litte LEDs illuminate them when the doors are open. That’s what I used to make it look like a landed ufo with the long exposure.

Truck chat I got around the hills here for 14 years in an old xterra. It was a great ride but the 4Runner feels like cheating in comparison.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

feelix posted:

To be fair I only interacted with people in ski/snowboard shops and also I live in Miami so any city seems really wholesome and down to earth in comparison

lol

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Grape posted:

Want to see a Utah vs Minnesota nice off.

Moved here from mpls. MN would win

Been in Slc a while now, utah rules for outdoors poo poo but anybody talking about how great skiing here on a Sunday is hasn't been skiing here in a while, or they are talking about like eagle or Brian head or some poo poo.

The ski crowds in the cottonwoods and at pc are unmanageable now. I prefer to leave my house by 5am just to sit in line at the canyon so I can actually get up the canyon in time to ski. On the plus side, getting up the canyon that early means I'm already up there when someone wrecks and the road closes til 1pm.

Hope we have a ski season this year. Already got my bird pass. 82 days this last season, 15 touring.

Also, this:

goethe.cx posted:

mormons are only superficially nice. if you're not one of them you won't ever be part of the community. and lots of them are very racist, sexist, and homophobic. when i said they were nice earlier, i meant in terms of polite conversation at the checkout counter

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 26, 2020

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Moved here from mpls. MN would win

Been in Slc a while now, utah rules for outdoors poo poo but anybody talking about how great skiing here on a Sunday is hasn't been skiing here in a while, or they are talking about like eagle or Brian head or some poo poo.

The ski crowds in the cottonwoods and at pc are unmanageable now. I prefer to leave my house by 5am just to sit in line at the canyon so I can actually get up the canyon in time to ski.

This is true. And it’s true for pretty much any outdoor activity now here unless you are going somewhere very remote.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I went to Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird on a weekend in early March and it was fine?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

goethe.cx posted:

mormons are only superficially nice. if you're not one of them you won't ever be part of the community. and lots of them are very racist, sexist, and homophobic. when i said they were nice earlier, i meant in terms of polite conversation at the checkout counter

TBF people that live in rear end in a top hat places will say this about for example Minnesota as well as an excuse for being assholes, but I'm sure it's probably more true of cult members that recently believed black people didn't have souls

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Must have been a dry day, sure it's fine if there's no fresh snow but as soon as there is, good luck. Also by March it seems like people start losing interest in skiing on anything but big pow days.

Let's just say if I leave my house at 7am after snowbird reported a foot, I am not getting to snowbird until at least 10 am. I live 25 minutes from snowbird.

Also yeah this summer, holy poo poo good luck finding a place to hike or bike in the Wasatch. I was loving the touring at the tail end of winter (motherfucking straight up winter pow day June 8th this year) but with covid, literally every trailhead is overflowing now. Shits nuts, and yes it's mostly people who moved here for the awesome outdoors. It was already getting really busy in the summer at places like white pine, alta, the trailheads in bcc, and guardsman pass but covid and people being out of work or flexibly working from home have resulted in poo poo being seriously blown out.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 26, 2020

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Yeah the conditions definitely weren't great

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Utah is a land of contrasts

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

feelix posted:

Yeah the conditions definitely weren't great

While I don't really want anybody coming here and filling up the canyons, try to get back to snowbird on a pow day mid week (if you can, stay at the cliff or somewhere at Alta, so you don't have to gently caress with driving up in the snow). LCC is the best place I have ever skiied and snowboarded. And I've been to most of the 'best places' in North America. Bird is the word.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

While I don't really want anybody coming here and filling up the canyons, try to get back to snowbird on a pow day mid week (if you can, stay at the cliff or somewhere at Alta, so you don't have to gently caress with driving up in the snow). LCC is the best place I have ever skiied and snowboarded. And I've been to most of the 'best places' in North America. Bird is the word.

Oh I did that on Monday at the end of that trip, it was amazing. It snowed all day Sunday and then Monday everyone was working and we got first runs on fresh pow

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
gently caress yeah, that's that poo poo.

That exact thing is what makes living here worth it to me :hellyeah:

Also try some 2row next time you're here!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I took this photo of Great Salt Lake a few years ago. Disgusting. As everyone can see they should not consider moving here to Utah. It’s awful.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't even see a single piece of magic underwear, this is outrageous

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Well, the great salt lake is indeed disgusting. I always enjoy people being here for their first lake stink day.

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
5 feet deep and two of that is brine shrimp

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
How do mormons surf the web?

They switch on their compUtah!

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Also yeah this summer, holy poo poo good luck finding a place to hike or bike in the Wasatch.

Go to butterfield/middle canyon, it's not in the wasatch but it's not far

FEMA summer camp fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 27, 2020

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

FEMA summer camp posted:

Go to butterfield/middle canyon, it's not in the wasatch but it's not far

Word up. Did it last weekend! Gotta go back and hike up to that ridge further south as we turned around (had the family with me). Need to spend more time up there. Way less crowded.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
What did the mormon at the start of Jurassic Park say?

"ShUtah! ShUtah!"

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Utah is like everywhere in the west that’s filling up with Californians/Portlanders/Seattlites looking for a cheaper place to live, so they come and start over paying for property and all of a sudden it’s unaffordable for everyone who doesn’t work in the tech industry. The only difference is that Utah was already full of annoying people, just of a different breed.

It’s pretty as poo poo tho.

naem
May 29, 2011

Biohazard posted:

Utah is like everywhere in the west that’s filling up with Californians/Portlanders/Seattlites looking for a cheaper place to live, so they come and start over paying for property and all of a sudden it’s unaffordable for everyone who doesn’t work in the tech industry. The only difference is that Utah was already full of annoying people, just of a different breed.

this is gradually going to happen everywhere

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Zeniel posted:

How do mormons surf the web?

They switch on their compUtah!

Thank you for this

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
How’s the CoL in Utah? I live in a pretty fast growing area of eastern wa and the main reason it’s exploding is all the Californian, Portland, and west coast Washington millennials are realizing that for all a big city can offer they don’t get to enjoy any of it because everything is too expensive and the commutes turn their 50 hour weeks into 60+ endeavors so they might as well sit at home smoking weed and drinking beer, which they’d have more time and money for if they didn’t live in a metropolis.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ArbitraryC posted:

How’s the CoL in Utah? I live in a pretty fast growing area of eastern wa and the main reason it’s exploding is all the Californian, Portland, and west coast Washington millennials are realizing that for all a big city can offer they don’t get to enjoy any of it because everything is too expensive and the commutes turn their 50 hour weeks into 60+ endeavors so they might as well sit at home smoking weed and drinking beer, which they’d have more time and money for if they didn’t live in a metropolis.

It is super low but housing prices are starting to go ape poo poo. Can't get a 1 bedroom studio apartment that isnt sketchy AF for under 1200 a month now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Derpies posted:

It is super low but housing prices are starting to go ape poo poo. Can't get a 1 bedroom studio apartment that isnt sketchy AF for under 1200 a month now.

Sounds like most of the coasts, yeah.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Crazy to think how jazz was created in Utah.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Derpies posted:

That's absurd. I pay less than that for a very decent 1BR in LA.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
https://twitter.com/jacob_posts/status/1284660699873128455

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Evanston is there.. were a good number of us Utah folk get our liquor, illegal fireworks, and lottery tickets

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Fartington Butts posted:

Alright time to pull this video out again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWb6qgPtps

I'm not American so forgive my ignorance but I cannot believe there is a college called Bring 'Em Young University.

Googling this it doesn't look like they get made fun of relentlessly for this. Any reason why not?

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Propaganda Machine posted:

That's absurd. I pay less than that for a very decent 1BR in LA.

yeah but on the other hand they get to not live in LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Derpies posted:

My first place in 2003 was 2 bed, 2 bath 700 sq ft for $600/mo (South Salt Lake).