Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's hard to summarize all that this place is.

"You know how they drilled in the north pole and found bacteria living in underground lake that had been growing and evolving separate from the rest of the world for millions of years? Somethingawful is like that, but for the internet of the 90s."

From there you could give a quick overview of how the membership fee and bans act as a tool to keep the riffraff under control, then you could touch on things that SA brought into the world (LPs, slenderman/Photoshop threads, p-p-p-powerbook type threads are the easy eye-catching ones). Then you could go into the various subforums and a few notable megathreads to give some more flavor, then just dive into more detail on whatever seems to catch the interviewers' interests.

I'll put this post in an envelope and mail it to last week when it would have mattered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Listened for 2 minutes and turned it off

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pimpcasso posted:

Listened for 2 minutes and turned it off

Same

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Was expecting you to have to explain the internet to them by the end

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Hanging onto that "lower" clarification like my life depends on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2X1o0FGA0

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
This podcast just lends further credence to my theory that Jeffrey is JeffK. When he invented a name to disparage somebody, it was Jerry, JeffK's nemesis.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It Came From Something Awful is only $2.79 for remainder hardcover copies, I guess it didn’t sell very well

https://bookoutlet.com/Store/Details/9781250189745B/it-came-from-something-awful-how-a-toxic-trol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I haven't seen a stretch like that since the last time someone posted goatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I haven't seen a stretch like that since the last time someone posted goatse

Then you'll love my book about how the goatman is ultimately responsible for the slenderman stabbing