Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Three tickets now remain, though our most recent visitor has yet to engage with the rest of the server in discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvNV4lo56QA

Would anybody else care to approach the gates of our digital Byblos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y69gQtAdHKc

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
I'll join the discord tomorrow

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

nice, what piqued your interest?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Gáttir allar áður gangi fram um skoðast skyli, um skyggnast skyli,því að óvíst er að vita hvar óvinir sitja á fleti fyrir.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if I leave this thread and come back a week later will the op be dead?

OP here, still alive I think.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Sing Along posted:

nice, what piqued your interest?

I love a good mystery. Also great song, juicy j owns

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

I love a good mystery. Also great song, juicy j owns

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

You're meant to be asleep.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

dads_work_files posted:

You're meant to be asleep.

I should have been, but I had a work emergency and then I missed a meeting later... Gang aft agley.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
It is the fifth page and five have joined. The front gates are closed, for now, but the backchannels remain easy to locate if one follows the rabbitholes.

Any questions?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Questions tomorrow

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Questions tomorrow

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Key answer:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
https://soundcloud.com/cyberchasee/oh-mannn?in=anicerobe/sets/you-should-loving-duck-when

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 20, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
hmmmmmm

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

I've been working on some video content ever since this post. It's processing now, and I've got screenshots or whatever to prove that I didn't do any editing aside from the editing that is in the video but I don't really care if you believe how it was made it rules regardless. I'm going to upload it to a google drive account and then allow the people whose DM histories appear in it to decide if they'd like those segments cut out - but otherwise it's in real time.

It's roughly an hour long, which is the perfect length for the first in the series of guest lectures Paradine is providing for the Institute of Special Technologies. I had a mic recording some voiceover which didn't get picked up by shadowplay but last time I tried this I recorded the mic and audio but the wrong monitor, so I'll call it good and let's just say it's a little more elegant without the audio. I can always dub commentary in later.

I'm interested in posting it now that all five people have joined using the link. I'm curious as to what they'll make of it.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 20, 2021

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

dads_work_files posted:

"Harry Greenway sent me a letter asking what size data facility we were using to store the entire consciousness of a dog. The issue was never storage, it was containment. We might as well have been trying to contain a pint of hot milk in a lace glove."

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
OP were you the same guy who posted what he was convinced was a brain melting basilisk image in GBS a few years back? because you post pretty similar. In that case I have to tell you I'm sorry that your image didn't kill anybody but I appreciate you pointing me in the direction of David Langford's stories

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Sing Along posted:

Do you have any wishes? I've played enough STALKER to know where this is going.

I'd love some magic powers but like the fireball kind not the self actualization kind

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

go to church op

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

GetDunked posted:

OP were you the same guy who posted what he was convinced was a brain melting basilisk image in GBS a few years back? because you post pretty similar. In that case I have to tell you I'm sorry that your image didn't kill anybody but I appreciate you pointing me in the direction of David Langford's stories

Was it the one from the monkey AGI trials? That one wasn't lethal to humans. It was more of a mildly unpleasant proof of concept.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

go to church op

Sure, which one do you regularly attend? I'll show up if you'd like. I often travel.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Sing Along posted:

Was it the one from the monkey AGI trials? That one wasn't lethal to humans. It was more of a mildly unpleasant proof of concept.

That whole thread was pretty unpleasant so either they're batting a thousand or... or... they lied and I am a monkey after all :tinfoil:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

GetDunked posted:

That whole thread was pretty unpleasant so either they're batting a thousand or... or... they lied and I am a monkey after all :tinfoil:

The entire concept / goal of creating an input that is capable of instantly rendering an individual catatonic or killing outright may be possible, but it's completely unnecessary. There are far more effective and reliable ways to accomplish those sorts of things, like this example from an unfinished movie script:

[sorry, even though other people have come up with this concept and posted about it on the internet we still consider discussing this particular thing you can do with drones and [REDACTED] to be an act of stochastic [REDACTED] and have therefore deleted it with an explanation as to why]

so yes, it is the issue of renarcotization . the real question is, can you infect somebody with an infohazard/infobenefit that appears at first glance, and possibly for months or years, to have been completely harmless? then it strikes in waves, either helping the infected individual or slowly driving them insane as they begin to forget what the initial source was.

Here's a great example:

N. Senada posted:

I was just saying you pick the pic

I’ll bankroll the endeavor

Take a look at N. Senda's new avatar, based on this fantastic piece of fish:

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 21, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Badactura posted:

I'd love some magic powers but like the fireball kind not the self actualization kind

Fair enough. Fireballs may be tricky but magic is definitely possible, and in the visible and holy poo poo what the gently caress was that kind of sense not in the Life Changing Magic of Sucking Your Own Dick sense. Somebody left the gatehouse discord, so I'll invite you if you'd like. Would you like to buy yourself platinum or would you like me to give you a gift cert for it so we can discuss this further in DMs? I strongly recommend starting with Technomancy, since it can be easily done from home.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 21, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Questions tomorrow

Questions today? Or: https://www.insideotherplaces.com/musings-on-the-manana-mentality-how-different-cultures-think-about-time/

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm glad somethingawful is finally encouraging mental illnesses and non-transmissable brain worms.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm glad somethingawful is finally encouraging mental illnesses and non-transmissable brain worms.

These are transmissible. Where do you think I got them? The thread linked to in the OP. They cured some other brainworms I had, though, so it's more of a snakes and gophers situation. Now I've just got Caddyshack, but I'm snake-free.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 21, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
OP here again. I think I'm dead now? Anyways, N. Senda and GetDunked, how are those avatars treating you?

What the gently caress I don't remember making half the posts in this thread!>....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Anybody ever play Control? What did you think?

https://youtu.be/BgbdSlbEvcM

Also, if nobody wishes to engage with me I'll close this thread and move over to the E/N thread so I not shutting up GBS with an echo chamber.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xInGJK0iQ

d0grent fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 24, 2021

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I love it, thanks OP. Your final act in life will not go unappreciated :patriot:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

GetDunked posted:

I love it, thanks OP. Your final act in life will not go unappreciated :patriot:

Hahahaha I'm just getting started. Please re-reas the OP of this thread. I've updated it.

https://youtu.be/1Tn9x-IDYcY

https://youtu.be/1Tn9x-IDYcY

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

GetDunked posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtc8djSqt70

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
@loulou

"Pendant qu'ils dorment, nous ferons un clin d'œil."

'

Security Yams
Mar 12, 2005
^^^^^
sup

sup
vvvvvvv

Sing Along posted:

https://twitter.com/TheTomOlsen

Is it a coincidence that this account first tweeted 2 days before this thread was created? Perhaps.

Yes, because that's the work of an entirely different arguably psychotic goon

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Security Yams posted:

Is it really?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Security Yams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOx_wHhitqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
What rough boss, it's hour come round at last, crabwalks towards Outer Heaven to be born?