Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm glad we are finally discussing tater tots

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I've been meaning to make this recipe for tater tot casserole that people apparently swear by.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/11/homemade-tater-tot-casserole.html

Can some goon make it first so I know whether it's worth it

This is a joke right? Nobody would actually do this.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ll make it but only if it can be made in an air fryer

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Also what kind of bitch loser food blog makes you scroll past all the boring bullshit they put on there to keep you there long enough to get ad revenue and then requires you to click a link to get to the actual recipe.

gently caress everything about that tater tot casserole.

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's a thing alright. My dad fed us this about once a month when we were kids. His recipe was (from the bottom) raw ground beef, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, green beans, american cheese singles, tater tots. Bake until ground beef is cooked.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

No, it's not real. I'm decided. I mean, I'm sure some midwestern soccer mom who hates absolutely everything about her life, especially her children, made this and forced her family to eat it, but I don't believe that any goon is actually interested in this or that they know anyone who raves about it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

WHY DOES THE MIDWEST EXIST

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hot dish tastes fine. it's very simple and cheap food for poor people.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

You sound like a snobby rear end in a top hat.

in the tater tot thread no less

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

drat those poor people and their tater tots!!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sorry guys.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You can put tater tots up your butt but only if they’re still frozen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Probably like 8 tater tots would be a good amount

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Pawn 17 posted:

drat those poor people and their tater tots!!

lets gently caress them up and force feed them kale and kombucha lol. turn them into little simpering coastal liberals of various genders. mwahahahahaha. oppen up billy bob, time for your daily soy injection dahahahahha. not so rugged now are ya. nice truck... be a shame if it turned in a prius!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Uh I don’t think a blog named Serious Eats would gently caress around man.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

*extremely 90's child actor voice*

i gotta have my tots

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results

Nah, I feel like I should be apologizing. I'm sorry I was born to dirty midwestern poors. I regret my born choices.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's taters tots, precious

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

No, it's not real. I'm decided. I mean, I'm sure some midwestern soccer mom who hates absolutely everything about her life, especially her children, made this and forced her family to eat it, but I don't believe that any goon is actually interested in this or that they know anyone who raves about it.

Smugworth posted:

I once made a tater tot hot dish, a festive delicacy from the great northern land of Minnesota I now call home

Some might call it a casserole, but it's a hot dish.

Hey you know what William Henry Hairytaint, it's on sight from now on. If I ever see you skulking about Minnesota sniffing bicycle seats or whatever it is you do for kicks, I'm going to spike a tater keg into the side of your goddamn skull and I ain't stoppin til the white meat shows

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Potato seeds?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

All this over freaking potato gems.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Reported

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Hey you know what William Henry Hairytaint, it's on sight from now on. If I ever see you skulking about Minnesota sniffing bicycle seats or whatever it is you do for kicks, I'm going to spike a tater keg into the side of your goddamn skull and I ain't stoppin til the white meat shows

But I said I was sorry :(

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
You mean Murphy mounds?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Weka posted:

You mean Murphy mounds?

Ew.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
https://local.theonion.com/minimalist-learning-to-appreciate-stripped-down-simple-1846828789

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

You prefer Tubular Latkes?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Weka posted:

You prefer Tubular Latkes?

I love that song.

Weka
May 5, 2019

A nice plate of cylindrical prism potato cakes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
if i hear anyone say "potato gem" in real life, im going to replace their skull with a supersonic bowling ball. No mercy.

Weka
May 5, 2019

In my country we call them freedom tubes.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The sad part about potato gems is they are so cheap to make the price is incredibly inflated, way cheaper than chips to produce.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
YOU SAID THE SECRET DAILY PHRASE!

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Vegetable posted:

I've been meaning to make this recipe for tater tot casserole that people apparently swear by.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/11/homemade-tater-tot-casserole.html

Can some goon make it first so I know whether it's worth it

https://www.seriouseats.com/american-tamale-pie-food-lab

drat i gotta make this

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Can we also talk about hashbrowns itt? Del Taco recently started serving breakfast all day so I've been getting it for lunch. Super tasty by themselves/w ketchup or in the toasted wrap and epic burritos. I miss the chorizo though they stopped making that for some reason.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

This is originally from America’s test kitchen and it’s really good. We used to make it at least once a month before we cut red meat out of the menu

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Flannelette posted:

The sad part about potato gems is they are so cheap to make the price is incredibly inflated, way cheaper than chips to produce.

prepare to die mother fucker

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ate some tater tots yesterday from uppa air fryer and they were prettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttty good. dipped em in chick fil a sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Potatoes Pave

The Ur Tot.