Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I mean let’s think about the men here. Men can’t even get an abortion! People want equality but when it comes down to it 50% of the population still can’t get abortions. You guys are out there fighting for your post-natal abortion poo poo, if liberals had it they’re way women would be able to abort a 20 year old man, but if a man wants to get an emotional support abortion it’s all “oooohh nooo that’s too crazy, that’s too progressive, we don’t have the facilities to accommodate that request”. Well let me tell you, the FATCATS don’t want men getting abortions, unless it’s aborting their ideals, but the MEN will show them they can do ANYTHING a woman can. :colbert:

I appreciate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Chupacabras
Oct 12, 2002

HopperUK posted:

You don't have to pick. Both could be free.

In a perfect world with a govt/state that really cares about its citizens: yes. Lets pretend we live there and I agree with you.

Cowslips Warren posted:

How about this: getting an abortion should be as easy as getting a gun.

I mean, for Americans. You can literally get a gun from a loving yard sale in most states.

It is almost impossible to legally buy a gun down here if you are not in law enforcement, and I like guns :(.

Ilegally it is ridiculously easy, easier than abortions.

A sad story I just remembered about abortions, a coworker and his wife REALLY wanted to have a girl, after 3 boys finally the girl came, but they had such a bad gyn that it wasn’t until they went to another doctor to get a 3D echography (they wanted it more as something to show friends and family) that they found out the fetus had all the signs of spina bifida (lemon shaped head, etc.).

I told him that he already had 3 kids and it could be a heavy burden for his family, and if he had considered “other options”, he said he mentioned it to the hospital and they said it was illegal and nothing could be done except wait and hope for the best. I gave him the name of the doctor that “helped” me and my wife but in the end the hospital performed an in womb surgery (first in the country, 9 years ago). Thanks to that surgery the girl was born paralyzed from the waist down but with no brain issues. She lived up to 5 years going in and out of hospitals for recurring infections and other problems until she was pronounced brain dead because of one of those infections.

I wonder if I should have insisted to my coworker about an abortion and spared that poor girl a life of pain or if I would have been getting somewhere I had no right to be in.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
When we were dating before she was on BC a few times the condom broke and the morning after pill is apparently cheap af here.

17 years later and we're still together, have no kids, and get to do a lot of cool stuff despite me having a lower paying job (including said job, which is way more fun).

Abortion Rules!

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 6, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Just wanted to pop back in & express my thanks for this thread (presumably again, ill be damned if i read my own posts ever)

But shortly after this thread was made, I ended up meeting somebody very special <3 and a lot of the subject matter ITT applies to them. Everybody's experiences are v unique and personal so I always leave things unassumed & my mind n ears open, but some things, like having had a resource to find like...how to not call it the A word and see that pregnancy termination or something similar would be better. The other word always resonated as ugly and blame-placing inherently, etc etc and I never liked it.

That person and I have had fairly traumatic lives that are great to mock and cry about simultaneously, otoh, I do everything I can to make sure my wording and phrasing is appropriate and not triggering or blaming for things etc, and even though this was just one word/phrase, i really appreciate that it was added to my awareness before I had to sweat out that convo less prepared

Thanks againnn

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Seth Pecksniff posted:

My ex's sister scammed her and a bunch of her friends out of like $1200 by claiming she needed it for an abortion

A true poster, what's her account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Cowslips Warren posted:

How about this: getting an abortion should be as easy as getting a gun.

I mean, for Americans. You can literally get a gun from a loving yard sale in most states.

You can't perform abortions, unless it's in self-defense.