Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Been trying to get my hands on a pair of actual studio "real deals" for years. Happy as a pig in mud. Much more coming soon.

:haw::dance::haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You kept the cabinet! Haha I knew you wouldn't let me down gregday!

Back to Iron Man, has anyone been buying all of the new line? I saw them today at Target and they look great but I swear if I buy one I'll buy them all as I have no impulse control at all.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Rhyno posted:

Back to Iron Man, has anyone been buying all of the new line? I saw them today at Target and they look great but I swear if I buy one I'll buy them all as I have no impulse control at all.

I have nearly a little over half the set. Do you need a review of the figures?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The War Machine is fantastic, and damned if I don't want more. Going to get the Mark VI Iron Man and Crimson Dynamo tomorrow.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I have War Machine, Dynamo, Underwater Armor, and movie Mark 1. Underwater is definitely my favorite, surprisinly as I usually think scuba figures are stupid, but this one is a big heavy super posable blue robot.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Closet. :colbert: Yeah, I made some changes to the outside. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the tone of the stain, but it's way better than before. No longer bright pumpkin orange, more reddish brown, but still generally in the Batman Begins palette.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jet Ready Go posted:

That'd be nice. They're about $6 at my Walmart, so I've been really tempted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

A review would be excellent. I saw that they're numbered, how many are in the set?

gregday posted:

Closet. :colbert: Yeah, I made some changes to the outside. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the tone of the stain, but it's way better than before. No longer bright pumpkin orange, more reddish brown, but still generally in the Batman Begins palette.

I don't think you can move closets. Let's compromise and call it a wardrobe.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I don't think you can move closets. Let's compromise and call it a wardrobe.

Armoire. :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The total set is something like 28? I think.

I have the comics one, the war machine, the mark IV armor, and the war machine with launching missles, and last of all the CRIMSON loving DYNAMO.

The comics one is cool, but the "Blast off!" stand is retarded, or I can't master the base like an 8 year old can. I cannot get him to stand in a way that doesn't look like he is drunk off his rear end, rocketing off at a 45 degree angle and looking down on someone (because his loving neck doesn't look up :argh: )

War machine looks cool, and is a great figure, but the LAUNCHING MISSLES thing is crap, and looks a little off when the GIANT barrel is compared to the other tiny gun. Also, it's hell to get the ammo belt to connect to his back and the gun.

The mark IV armor is cool, no complaints :)

Crimson Dynamo is awesome, and the only drawback I have with him is his torso is about the same width as the stomach joint, so he can't really pose much. He has a very cool "PEON SMASH" look to him though. Also, his head looks down as well. The head blast thingie is kinda cool looking though.

Actually, ever god damned one of these has the same "stare at chicks boobs" level stare.

I plan to buy the other war machine (where you can attach the little blasts to the armor), and maybe the mark I armor that is really articulated. Other than that, not much else.

I plan to hit borders eventually and get the legends scale ones though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The comics one is cool, but the "Blast off!" stand is retarded, or I can't master the base like an 8 year old can. I cannot get him to stand in a way that doesn't look like he is drunk off his rear end
At least he's in-character! :downsrim:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
INCOMING!

Iron Man Mark I: A neat LOOKING figure that comes with some accessories which I've already forgotten where I've placed. The figure can barely move although it has joints coming out to wazoo! I have a tough time moving the thigh, knee, ankles and shoulders. However the shoulder can freely swing forward and backwards find and the elbow and wrist articulation is fine. The head is on a round peg, but can only look up and down in very minor degrees. Looking side to side is fine of course. The figure is painted very well and would suggest getting it if only to complete your Iron Man Armory! It's not so great for playing though.

Fake Edit: It comes with a flame thrower launcher that can only loosely attach to its arm.

Iron Man Mark II & Mark III: The most overall poseable figures from the line. They can look up and down at a reasonably realistic angle and all the joints are easy to swivel, bend and twirl. The only toys that I have that can look up or down with any success is Mark II and Mark III.

War Machine (Comic): Probably one of my favorite figures overall in the line. The head can only swivel side to side, but my favorite thing about this (and the Movie version) is that the shoulder pads are mounted on a lever attached to the torso. This means when you're randomly moving around the arm it won't just pop up and fly off as the Iron Men are prone to doing. A small issue with scale though, clearly larger than the Iron Men. Comes with really neat snap on rubbery missile trails and stuff. The BEST accessories since I really don't give a poo poo about launching weapons.

Very nice posability although NONE from this line match the level of GI JOEs in terms of ease. In order to move his thigh for example you have to swivel the ball and rotate it around. This also goes for nearly all the Iron Man figures.

War Machine Mark I: Great figure, mine has an issue where the join at the torso is kind of lopsided so this guy is prone to leaning to his left. Aside from that flaw, which hopefully isn't on every figure, it is also a great figure. Some scaling problems as he still seems too tall to be Tony Starks buddy... even though he IS shorter than the Comic version.

Iron Man Hyper Velocity Armor: A fun little angular armor which I believe boosts being the tallest one of all the Iron Mens I have (and about as tall as War Machine Movie Version). Not too crazy about the paint scheme as I wish they chose better than a dull/dark purple. I would have loved to see this in a shiny dark blue and silver instead.

Iron Man Some Kind of Bullshit Armor: Bullshit. This guy is incapable of looking up or down and his thigh is stuck so I can't even really pose him easily. Basically he can stand there and stare you down.

Iron Man Classic Armor (1980's): Awesome AWESOME toy. Bigger and thicker (get your mind out of the gutter) than the MU: Iron Man figure which looked like the Ethiopian version of Iron Man when you stood him next to any GI Joe. Super posable and it looks especially menacing with his hand sculpts looking like he's right in the middle of either blasting you away or clenching his fist for one hell gently caress of a punch. My 2nd favorite toy of the entire line!

Edit: Guy above is right though, the rocket blast off stand is bullshit. His legs (along with nearly every figures legs) can not squeeze together well enough to fit on the stand, so for all intents and purposes it appears only ONE foot rocket is going off. Classic armor is the one who can ALMOST MOSTLY fit both feet within the blast off stand but he will constantly be leaning off to a side. You can kind of pretend he was blasting off and ducking out of the way of an incoming missle though.

Iron Man Back Armor!

Iron Man Armory: The biggest reason this line delivers is because you can stand these fuckers right next to your GI Joes and they can co-habitate the same god damned world with roughly the same scaling (though GI Joe heads are larger) and you can have Marvel / GI Joe crossovers you always dreamed of having.

Or at least.. that was MY dream.

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 17, 2010

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Glad to know it's not just my Mark 1 that has the stiffest ball joints ever. It really gives the Icons' joints a run for their money.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I need to find that WM Mark I thats awesome looking.

Went to buy booze for tonight and stopped by the toy section of Fred Meyer and found they had the new wave of DCUC stuff. Found the All Star Nightwing figure. Amazed these figures are still 9.99 there.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Protip: if you're having joint stiffness issues, whip out a hairdryer and immolate those suckers. The most likely cause is the joints being painted stuck, but if you try to force them cold, they'll most likely just snap clean off. Also have an x-acto or model knife handy if you're having serious problems with paint.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mark I is a little stiff yeah but I think it's in character. Tony couldn't do much more than walk and raise his arms about John McCain level in that suit anyway.

Ive got Mark I, Mark IV, and comic War Machine myself.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
This is a pleasant surprise. DCUC Wave 5 will be re-released via MattyCollector in May:

quote:

Back in 2008, we released Wave 5, which was an instant success and subsequently pretty hard to find. If you missed your chance, mark May 17th on your calendar, because Wave 5 is coming back!

This release is identical to the one in 2008 − same package, same decos, not a single change to the figures. Like all our boxed sets, these are individually carded figures packed into a single box. The set has the five figures you need to build a 9” Collect and Connect™ Metallo figure. Take a look inside and you’ll find these classic characters ready to rock your collection:

Eradicator
Black Lightning
Amazo
The Riddler
The Atom

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

funtax posted:

This is a pleasant surprise. DCUC Wave 5 will be re-released via MattyCollector in May:

:dance::dance::dance: This is fantastic news. You just made my day.

edit: Oh snap, they go up the day after my birthday, too. Happy Birthday to me

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well better sell quick!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

drat, I just want a Riddler, not the rest of that wave.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Well I just want an Eradicator. Maybe we can work something out. Metallo's been missing one arm for over a year now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I pretty much just need the arms i got the figs from someone who wanted just Metallo :(

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
It's good to see wave 5 being reissued because it was such a bitch to collect. I'm not sure how to feel about them being issued in one package ala Gotham City Five Pack, however. At this point, owning the original wave, I wouldn't mind buying a new Atom or Black Lightning for a figure with a better paint job but this all-or-nothing packaging will prevent me from doing that. It's not the end of the world, it's something I could fix during the summer when I have a bit more time on my hands anyway. Besides, I should probably finish off Wave 10 and start 11 or 12 before I start to re-buy figures.

Speaking of waves 10, 11, and 12: I've been busy and short on cash due to college and I'm curious as to the current difficulty in finding figures from these waves? I haven't been able to get to the Walmart in Saline, Michigan in the last few months and that's the only store I've seen that carries any DCUC figure post-wave 6. So I guess, in short, how hard is it to get my grubby little hands on Man-Bat from wave 10 and all of waves 11 and 12?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Whorehey posted:

It's good to see wave 5 being reissued because it was such a bitch to collect. I'm not sure how to feel about them being issued in one package ala Gotham City Five Pack, however. At this point, owning the original wave, I wouldn't mind buying a new Atom or Black Lightning for a figure with a better paint job but this all-or-nothing packaging will prevent me from doing that. It's not the end of the world, it's something I could fix during the summer when I have a bit more time on my hands anyway. Besides, I should probably finish off Wave 10 and start 11 or 12 before I start to re-buy figures.

Speaking of waves 10, 11, and 12: I've been busy and short on cash due to college and I'm curious as to the current difficulty in finding figures from these waves? I haven't been able to get to the Walmart in Saline, Michigan in the last few months and that's the only store I've seen that carries any DCUC figure post-wave 6. So I guess, in short, how hard is it to get my grubby little hands on Man-Bat from wave 10 and all of waves 11 and 12?

Wave 12 at least should be pretty easy.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Whorehey posted:

Well, they won't be in a single package. They're individual, carded figures, but you can only buy them as a full set. In theory, that should make it possible for folks who have some of the existing figures to easily break up cases and trade amongst themselves to some degree.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

funtax posted:

Well, they won't be in a single package. They're individual, carded figures, but you can only buy them as a full set. In theory, that should make it possible for folks who have some of the existing figures to easily break up cases and trade amongst themselves to some degree.

Exactly. I'll buy the set even though I already have Atom and Riddler, as well as an almost complete Metallo. I'm basically buying for Eradicator, Metallo's left arm, Black Lightning, and Amazo. I figure I'll trade the rest.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I would get that, but I only want Darkseid and Desaad. Goddamn build-a-figures...

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Hot Toys War Machine

Larger pictures here

Hot Toys, you're killin' me here; I don't have the cash to keep pre-ordering this poo poo, but I don't have the restraint to miss something this awesome. Moveable fingers shouldn't excite me as much as they are.

edit: In other Hot Toys psuedo-comics news, They got the license for toys for the upcoming Predators by Robert Rodriguez, a movie I didn't even know about until now, and new Predators are always nice.
Now for pre-order at Sideshow :o:

Pretty soon I'll have enough Sideshow points to completely cover the cost of one of these things.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

Ooooohhh how fancy. Thanks for the link. Will Matty Collector be doing this for the future waves as well?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Whorehey posted:

Ooooohhh how fancy. Thanks for the link. Will Matty Collector be doing this for the future waves as well?

Seems like it, with the exception of Wal-Mart exclusive waves. At least until it proves insufficiently popular and they scrap it in favor of more He Man toys.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

If anyone here digs Iron Man 2 or Star Wars stuff, Hasbro's site has a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $20 or more of either of those brands. They're on page 3. It doesn't expire until 4/15.

http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15162&zid=st48&nid=20

Also Iron Man 2 figures are only $6 this week. With the coupon, you could get 4 of them for like $19.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Yessss

gregday
May 23, 2003

OMG I finally have it. Been trying to get my ahold of a "real deal*" Begins cowl for over 3 years. :haw::haw::haw: I cannot wait to get it cleaned up and mounted in the armoire tonight.

*Yes this means I am not really supposed to have this. :ninja:

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
god, whose cock do I have to suck to get a figure of a Predator ( ya know, aliens v predator) with a mask on?

I don't know why but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, regardless if they're the Mcfarlane or NECA versions, whereas their opposition, the aliens, are relatively cheap (unless you're looking for that Deluxe alien queen figure).

Unmasked Predators are much cheaper, I just think they look cooler with masks on...and judging by their prices, everyone else does as well

profbobo posted:

Yessss

HOLY gently caress I want that. I think the most expensive Venom collectible I own is the Medicom Real Action Heroes Venom Doll. I have the venom as the Punisher one as well, but that one only cost me like $50

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cryptobotanist posted:

god, whose cock do I have to suck to get a figure of a Predator ( ya know, aliens v predator) with a mask on?
Wait a couple months, NECA is releasing new Predator figures for 'Predator', 'Predator2', and the new 'Predators' movie.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I have Hot Toys' Predator 1 figure and I don't need anything else. poo poo is awesome.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Anybody here collect Handful of Heroes?

I just got into these stupid little fuckers and probably have around 60 by now.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Jet Ready Go posted:

I have a nearly complete set and I have no goddamn idea why beyond the fact that there was a lull in releases for other stuff and DADDY NEEDS TO HUNT FOR TOYS. It's actually kind of upsetting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

All the Walmarts in my town clearanced them out as soon as I bought one pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It may be because of SECRET FIGURE INSIDE

That's why Figure Factory were so addictive; "Oh poo poo oh poo poo OH YEAH, I got the Thor what'd you get?"

"I got the Blade where one of the zombies is disintegrating but it just looks like rotten meat in a vaguely human shape."

"poo poo dude, sorry. gently caress yeah Thor"