Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Pilsner posted:

Hah, just logged onto Test for fun. I saw a level 2 Ogre Warrior on there, and at first thought, "WTF, have I been hacked?". Then it slowly dawned on me that it must have been a char I had made ages ago. I logged in and checked the /played:

[Tue Sep 11 21:13:57 2012] Hjernesmadrer's birthdate: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 18:31:41.
[Tue Sep 11 21:13:57 2012] Total time playing Hjernesmadrer: 1 hour and 10 minutes

11 years old. So, anyone worried about Test being wiped, no worries there.

I just transferred over to Test recently because I couldn't justify to myself why paying the subscription fee was worth it, but at the same time it's virtually impossible to progress forward without a Gold account at level 80.

The only downside I've noticed so far is the lack of bazaar sellers - it makes it kind of difficult to gear up at level 80 when there is literally nothing for sale. That being said, anyone have any tier 1 HoT gear they can copy over for a bard and/or a rogue? Funzoe and Riverrs are my characters if anyone wants to help out. I've got a mini guild going on right now with just my alts so if anyone wants to use the guild hall they can join up with me. Guild name is <Breaking Bard>.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zancii
Sep 16, 2011
I have plenty of T1 HoT gear for level 80. As well as T1 VoA gear for 85. I will try and mail some to you.

Also, there is a goon guild (albeit only a few members still). Can look for me on Ilmare.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

RCarr posted:

Do any of you wealthy goons have some plat they can /testcopy over? I'm leveling a 3 box team, and it's hard to keep up with the spell costs. I would appreciate anything, thanks! (I'm Cheney in game)

I thought I saw you in general chat, and wanted to ask if you were a goon or one of the Test regulars I remembered from last year.

I'm in the same boat as well, and my two alts I'm leveling up into their 80's are still in the testbuff and ornate defiant gear.

I'm on as Vildeor/Xantarr/Smugatheist if you ever get bored.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ante Christ posted:

I'm on as Vildeor/Xantarr/Smugatheist if you ever get bored.

Added you to my friends list. I haven't been playing too much lately but I want to get back into the grind.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I'm gonna have to come play on Test once the new xpac's out just because the sperg in me is demanding my monk and SK hit level 100.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

This patch nerfs my pants! :(

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

quote:

Added the ability to turn in stacks of items to NPCs.

:aaaaa:

Shindig
Apr 2, 2002
Nylander, killed Phin at 7:12AM EST, no backbone! Thanks to Slappy for help!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

quote:

When wearing visible wrist armor, the right wrist is now the only wrist slot that affects appearance

:monocle:

I remember how I would often unequip and re-equip the best looking bracer I was wearing back in the day, in order to make it show.

I love these "about 12-13 years late" bug fixes that pop up now and then. Unironically, actually.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

:monocle:

I remember how I would often unequip and re-equip the best looking bracer I was wearing back in the day, in order to make it show.

I love these "about 12-13 years late" bug fixes that pop up now and then. Unironically, actually.

Hey it only took them 8 years to fix the west bug. :effort:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Can't send plat to offline people. So sent you the most expensive per a stack items I could find in pok, plus a bunch of unexpanded bags and the al-kabors solutions to expand them. Plus a Manastone and every other tradable clickie, because why not?

I just wanted to say thank you again. I sold the stacks of items you gave me and ended up with 1.5 MILLION plat! I don't think I've ever had more than 100k, so I feel like a loving king right now. Not to mention the Manastone! Even though it's not too useful nowadays, as someone who has played EQ on and off since 1999, a Manastone is nostalgic as hell. It was always something you knew about, but never got to see. Now I have one! I had to go straight to the old world the second I had it, just to try it out. So again, thank you! You made my day.

On another note, what day does the new expansion go live?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

No More Heroes posted:

Hey it only took them 8 years to fix the west bug. :effort:

THE FIXED THE WEST BUG?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

RCarr posted:

I just wanted to say thank you again. I sold the stacks of items you gave me and ended up with 1.5 MILLION plat! I don't think I've ever had more than 100k, so I feel like a loving king right now. Not to mention the Manastone! Even though it's not too useful nowadays, as someone who has played EQ on and off since 1999, a Manastone is nostalgic as hell. It was always something you knew about, but never got to see. Now I have one! I had to go straight to the old world the second I had it, just to try it out. So again, thank you! You made my day.

On another note, what day does the new expansion go live?

I've always wanted to try one of those, but I'm on Luclin and don't have one million plat, so it will never happen. I'm keen to play another wizard, and I would love to level up to about 60 in only Vanilla zones with that little bugger.

I know that Mana Robes from Trakanon are shite, but I still want one just because.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JustJeff88 posted:

I've always wanted to try one of those, but I'm on Luclin and don't have one million plat, so it will never happen. I'm keen to play another wizard, and I would love to level up to about 60 in only Vanilla zones with that little bugger.

I know that Mana Robes from Trakanon are shite, but I still want one just because.

I remember trading a Robe of the Ishva for a Manastone once, and logging that character off for 6 months because I didn't want to get bombarded with /tells from the dude when he realized what a horrible trade that was.

Although at the time the Robe was rare, because I was the only one getting it for 6 months - literally. Had my necro camped at the Ishva Mal and a timer set up so I knew exactly when he'd respawn...took 5 minutes to kill him, and would do the whole "drop lore item on ground have alt pick up". Made a ton of $$ off Summon Corpse and Robe of the Ishva.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

That's a great idea. A wizard with a Manastone and a healer merc is probably unstoppable in the old world.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RCarr posted:

That's a great idea. A wizard with a Manastone and a healer merc is probably unstoppable in the old world.

Yeah, but how many zones does it actually work in anymore? The last time I played and had it (Before I let a friend use the account and got it banned), there were only a few zones left it even worked in - I imagine it's even less now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I thought it was any zone from the original game?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Thanks jetz0r for the rucksack and clicky shield you sent to Riverrs. I forgot that when I test copied over my character got renamed to "Funzoe" so if you sent anything to "Funzo" some other dude probably got a nice surprise, lol.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Haven't been on Test in a while so I have no idea just how bad the bazaar is now...Going to testcopy my bros over with huge slabs of plat, then buy a bunch of poo poo and copy the last one. What's worth buying a lot of for moving to Test? The only thing I can really think of is a shitload of power sources. I can always copy over an alt with my stash later if I need aug distillers and somehow blow through a few million plat on them, so I'm pretty much clueless on anything else worth picking up.

Gotta get ready to grind to 100 then quit again :ohdear:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

^^^ I'm pretty sure there is just no bazaar on test because there's theoretically infinite of any tradable item and currency that can be copied over.

RCarr posted:

A while back it got nerfed more to not be combat usable, so its kinda awkward to use.

BUT, it's usable in paw, where you can level to about 80 if you're serious about sticking around. just watch out for the oh god amounts of roamers in some places. The mobs have a really small aggro range to prevent the zone from being a mess of trains, but if you fight by the first bridge, you'll have to kill about 10 things before you get a break.

Between Solb, Solc, Permafrost bear pits and Paw there should be enough to level to mid-upper 70s in Manastone zones if you really want to.

funzo2226 posted:

Thanks jetz0r for the rucksack and clicky shield you sent to Riverrs. I forgot that when I test copied over my character got renamed to "Funzoe" so if you sent anything to "Funzo" some other dude probably got a nice surprise, lol.

I did a quick look for test goons names in the thread when I recopied over to check if my invisopants got nerfed. (they did :( ) And added the names that worked to my friends list and randomly sent you guys some stuff.

I don't have any T1 voa to mule over, but I do have enough stuff to make a ton of 14 slot pags, a manastone, AoN, Holgresh beads, that disease cure shield, a 24 slot bag, 4k dream motes and some caster pure powersources. I also have a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows on my SK. If any of you want some of that, lemme know and I'll send another care package.

I could probably also poo poo out some wood elf cultural armor on there if anyone wants it.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I would loving adore a pre-nerf CoS for my SK, seriously! And maybe Holgresh beads for my monk just because I never had any even though we get it innately now. Gotta look oldschool cool with my Tstaff and holgresh beads :v:

I'm just going to buy a shitload of metal powersources I guess. Can't think of anything else worth buying at this point.

I have an assload of HoT T1-4 assorted pieces along with a decent amount (if I remember right) of the VoA T1 that I can copy mule if anyone wants them. Might go farm up a full set of at least the HoT T1 so I can deck people out if anyone's going to need it. I've also got AoN, basically every HoT T1 weapon possible, and probably a bunch of other neat/funny/useful stuff I can mule over, but I'll have to check tonight when I hop online. It's been a while. Fungi and CoF for sure, but those are basically 100% worthless these days except for street cred.

Edit - oh yeah, Tribe's also restarting for-fun raids a night or two a week on Test, if anyone wants to raid just for the fun of it. Not enough people to raid anything with gear better than the gear you can pick up free from me or jet, but it's only lv 85/1kAA requirement, so if you want to poke at some older raids, lemme know. I think the only class not being actively sought out is tank/offtank, but they'd probably even take those just for more warm bodies that aren't boxes

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 13, 2012

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

I would loving adore a pre-nerf CoS for my SK, seriously! And maybe Holgresh beads for my monk just because I never had any even though we get it innately now. Gotta look oldschool cool with my Tstaff and holgresh beads :v:

I'm just going to buy a shitload of metal powersources I guess. Can't think of anything else worth buying at this point.

I have an assload of HoT T1-4 assorted pieces along with a decent amount (if I remember right) of the VoA T1 that I can copy mule if anyone wants them. Might go farm up a full set of at least the HoT T1 so I can deck people out if anyone's going to need it. I've also got AoN, basically every HoT T1 weapon possible, and probably a bunch of other neat/funny/useful stuff I can mule over, but I'll have to check tonight when I hop online. It's been a while. Fungi and CoF for sure, but those are basically 100% worthless these days except for street cred.

Edit - oh yeah, Tribe's also restarting for-fun raids a night or two a week on Test, if anyone wants to raid just for the fun of it. Not enough people to raid anything with gear better than the gear you can pick up free from me or jet, but it's only lv 85/1kAA requirement, so if you want to poke at some older raids, lemme know. I think the only class not being actively sought out is tank/offtank, but they'd probably even take those just for more warm bodies that aren't boxes

I don't remember exactly what Holgresh beads do (Eye of Zomm, like the Singing Steel Helm?), but I don't see why the pre-nerf AoN is such a big deal anymore. There is a level 70 SK AA ability, Cloak of Shadows, that does the same thing. Given how fast a skilled player can get to 70 these days, I would think that that item would have lost much of its lustre.

I'll be honest - I have killed Sev/Talendor over 20 times total this past summer wtihout one Cloak of Flames being dropped. If anyone on Luclin has one just sitting there, I'd be much obliged if you would free me from my terrible obsession. Also looking for an MQ of the Kedge Backbone from Phinigel for the bard 1.0, if anyone has one kicking around.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Holgresh is Eye of Zomm, AoN is skelly illusion, and CoS is instant invis. My SK is 91 and already has the AA, but the item is really nice anyway just because it has no recast downtime and is neat to have. I wouldn't pay plat for one, but since it's free to copy over, doesn't hurt to grab it. It's particularly nice for pulling sometimes since you can FD/invis/HA/FD/invis over and over as much as you want :shrug: Mostly they're just fun things to have from way back when they were glorified. Holgresh is 100% useless now, but CoS does still have a use every now and then

CoF is really easy these days. Forget about Sev/Tal, just level an SK or Pally or Monk to 52 on a new account, then group him with your high level, stand outside Naggy's room with the high level, pop out an 80+ cleric merc, then solo Naggy with the lowbie. It's impossible to lose because the cleric doesn't get banished, just drops infinite full heals every 2 seconds on your baby. You can PL 1-52 in like 4 hours these days.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Holgresh is Eye of Zomm, AoN is skelly illusion, and CoS is instant invis. My SK is 91 and already has the AA, but the item is really nice anyway just because it has no recast downtime and is neat to have. I wouldn't pay plat for one, but since it's free to copy over, doesn't hurt to grab it. It's particularly nice for pulling sometimes since you can FD/invis/HA/FD/invis over and over as much as you want :shrug: Mostly they're just fun things to have from way back when they were glorified. Holgresh is 100% useless now, but CoS does still have a use every now and then

CoF is really easy these days. Forget about Sev/Tal, just level an SK or Pally or Monk to 52 on a new account, then group him with your high level, stand outside Naggy's room with the high level, pop out an 80+ cleric merc, then solo Naggy with the lowbie. It's impossible to lose because the cleric doesn't get banished, just drops infinite full heals every 2 seconds on your baby. You can PL 1-52 in like 4 hours these days.

I wonder if you can still lifetap the eye of zomm..

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

Memory is a little hazy but I think this got wacked in the 2007ish time frame.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

No More Heroes posted:

That used to be one of my favorite tricks...I can't remember what I had that clicked EOZ on my Necro, but I used it all the time to summon, then used the lifetap over time.

I know I had a bizarre collection of clickies on him because a lot of them you could click from inventory even if they weren't usable by class. I had the Mage broom for instant cast reclaim energy...they eventually changed most of them, but I had all sorts of tricks.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

CoS is 'better' than the AA because of the instant recast, while the AA has a fixed longer duration. I wouldn't call a CoS a must-have item for SK/Nec, but having one is an improvement by always having your instant invis up to use after hate step, getting up from fd, etc.

If that improvement is worth the insane prices they're going for these days is a completely separate issue. Obviously it was worth it to me, because I bought/traded for one last year.

AoNs are something EVERY character should have. They are the skeleton key of EQ. Running forward+AoN click = phase through doors. Some races need to shrink first and some door take a couple tries. You could use an illusion with a cast time, but that's just annoying when you've got 30 trash mobs beating on your back and you're trying to run into the corner of a door without actually moving any to interrupt the spell.

Holgresh beads are still a little useful for scouting and getting targets from areas you can't go into yourself. And for SK/Nec tap effects. I use mine to refresh my HPbuff / +aggro mod spell sometimes.

Shield of the Immaculate is a 3s disease cure click. Which is useful at pretty much all levels.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jetz0r posted:

I don't have any T1 voa to mule over, but I do have enough stuff to make a ton of 14 slot pags, a manastone, AoN, Holgresh beads, that disease cure shield, a 24 slot bag, 4k dream motes and some caster pure powersources. I also have a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows on my SK. If any of you want some of that, lemme know and I'll send another care package.

I would LOVE a pre-nerfed COS for my SK. That's another one of those nostalgic items I always wanted, but never could afford. My SK on Test is Cheney. I'd appreciate anything at all you wanted to throw my way. Thanks!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yay pre-nerf CoSs for all! I'm going to move 6 or 8 AoNs onto mules for people who need those. I also have the full set of HoT T1 and 3 sets of puppet strings I'll make lots of copies of, too. Especially the puppet strings, since OT Hammer is like AoN in that EVERYONE should have one unless you have Gate. Even then, sometimes it still comes in handy.

I'll be shuffling characters back and forth tonight, but jetzor if you wanted to send a Holgresh/CoS package to "Datmule" on Test, he won't be getting overwritten at any point :) Me love you long time

Edit - I apparently also have a full suit of HoT T4 shards I'm duping, though I doubt at this point anyone at all will ever want them. If any Test bros have use for them though, let me know~

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 14, 2012

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

So I just figured out that I had a Crude Defiant Chain Coif living in the same bag as my CoS. Since they share the same icon I've never sold/destroyed it because I thought it was the CoS.

I may or may not have sent RCarr a Crude Defiant Chain Coif instead of a CoS, I sent Datmule both of them.

Seriously, I wonder how long I've been carrying that thing around for.

If only test had a rules set like FV, I could be handing out piles of raid raid gear and currency, too.

Edit: each CoS also comes with 20+ metal orbs, 2 AoNs, holgresh beads, a bioluminescent orb, a shield of the immaculate, plus some tribute trash. Because you're getting all the tradable crap on my SK.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 14, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

HAHAHA That totally sounds like something I'd do, thanks for the awesome care package :) I just moved 20 x4 metal orbs of my own across, along with 4 AoNs, 4x arrow summoning quivers, 4 sets of HoT T1, 4x 37% haste belts, and I think 4x of nearly every 80-85 HoT weapon that drops. It's not as cool as Jetz0r's package, but I can deck out anybody hitting 80-81 fully, plus now we have infinite puppet strings, AoNs, and metal orbs.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Please hook me up with some of this stuff HoT1 and other stuff. My bard and rogue just hit 81 and don't quite have a full set of HoT stuff yet. Would love to finally have AoN too.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

No prob, gotta get finished muling stuff across and I gotcha. The bad part of the HoT T1 stuff is that each piece requires a tradeskilled mold to create, which I'm not sure will be on the Test bazaar :( I didn't think about it until just now, because Luclin's bazaar always had a million of them. I'll check in a bit though. Got AoNs running out my rear end for sure now though

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I thought stuff transferred to test was no-drop flagged? If thats reversed, does that mean stuff thats tradeable on FV can transfer and trade on test?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I'm not sure about hte FV thing, but once they did the mass-move from Test to live last summer, they made it so /testcopy from every live server that isn't FV copies with plat and nothing no-drop that wasn't already, so you can dupe tons of stuff like AoNs. I dunno how FV transfer works though. I currently have 17 million plat and 9 AoNs on Test :3: If the FV thing works, bring me a big care package of SK/monk raid gear :v:

Pillars raid starting on Test if anyone 90+ wants to come in the next 15 mins, we're porting up now!

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 15, 2012

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm not sure about hte FV thing, but once they did the mass-move from Test to live last summer, they made it so /testcopy from every live server that isn't FV copies with plat and nothing no-drop that wasn't already, so you can dupe tons of stuff like AoNs. I dunno how FV transfer works though. I currently have 17 million plat and 9 AoNs on Test :3: If the FV thing works, bring me a big care package of SK/monk raid gear :v:

Pillars raid starting on Test if anyone 90+ wants to come in the next 15 mins, we're porting up now!

Buy me a bunch of T1 VoA poo poo for my SK on Test! :wink:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Found out Tribe knows a guy on FV who'll take $20 paypal and deck your character out in full VoA raid gear for a Test Copy, $15 for 2nd char, if anyone wants to jump right to the boring part of the game. Tribe's also a really cool guild so far, having fun on Vent and smacking the poo poo out of stuff. Think we take pretty much anyone who wants to join, though raids seem mostly 85 or 90 plus now

^^ Lemme see how much it is!

AA gain is just silly on Test now. 2AA per kill without Lesson :wtc:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 15, 2012

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Boo, paying for gear? :(

Anyone notice the zone pages on ZAM has a new layout? For example:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=44

It now gives a Wowhead-style overview of related stuff, in tabs. Pretty nice. Just browsing the huge amount of absurd quests in a zone like this is gold. EQ actually was quest-heavy, they just weren't meant for experience, and were hidden all over the place. It's so fascinating to think of all the NPCs you could chat up and get quests from.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

It's all gear you're never, ever going to get on Test. We're the only guild raiding at all and we're on Tick Tock. FWIW I think it's dumb because then there's literally nothing for you to do on Test except grind AA with zero chance of upgrade, but it's your only choice if you ever want raid gear.

We're doing one of the powersource unlock raids and Dragonsx3/Giantsx3 tonight if anyone wants to come. Guessing it'll be 85+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
I have bunches of stuff I can copy if anyone needs it, I have a full set of rustic wraps and templates for each armor type (I may be missing one wrist wrap now that I think about it) I have some 80+ weapons and armor, plus some 85+ weapons (bunch of pal/sk specific ones), rings, cloaks, haste belts, etc, a pre-nerf cos, AoN, as well and a golden ticket and some weight reduction bags that can be expanded to I think 14 slot 100%WR. I also have some stuff on test that's not copied, like AoW twink stuff. Money isn't much of an issue on test anymore but I have like 300k on my testcopy mule if you do need it.

I can also help when I'm around with killing stuff if you are doing quests, epics, etc. I work 2nd shift and go to college part time so I don't play too much.

If anyone has anything 90+ (like glorious cultural, weapons, anything really) I could use that and a mask of tinkering :).

contact Farson or Farrokh in game