Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm making an elven smuggler-rogue in the mold of Malcolm Reynolds or Han Solo. Does anyone have any pictures of elves (preferably male archers) that aren't uber-broody, hunched over and perched on a tree limb, or Legolas ripoffs? I'm hoping for something with a sense of whimsy or humor in it, but every time I try searching for that in combination with "elves" I get page after page of cartoony North Pole / Santa / Christmas elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

It's only a sketch, but when I got the urge for a chunky adventurer I drew this guy:

goddamn bees getting fierce, need a spear just to get some fuckin honey

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

PublicOpinion posted:

Looking closer its hands are in fists, but on the first through third or so viewings it was so clearly doing a double thumbs-up gesture.

I thought this too. Best little fish dude.

I'd request more awesome fishdudes, but I have a different request. Looking for pictures of a dapper or not-so-evil Necromancer, possibly of the adventuring type, or maybe looking more like a victorian spiritualist and not wearing warhammer-levels of skulls. I've been trying google image search but so far all I've found are pictures of fat dudes in steampunk costumes. I've also tried looking through Magic art and Innistrad (which is the sort of feel I was looking for), but no such luck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I'd request more awesome fishdudes, but I have a different request. Looking for pictures of a dapper or not-so-evil Necromancer, possibly of the adventuring type, or maybe looking more like a victorian spiritualist and not wearing warhammer-levels of skulls. I've been trying google image search but so far all I've found are pictures of fat dudes in steampunk costumes. I've also tried looking through Magic art and Innistrad (which is the sort of feel I was looking for), but no such luck.
I took some liberties with 'Necromancer', but these still might work.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Alouicious posted:

goddamn bees getting fierce, need a spear just to get some fuckin honey

It's Dire Honey.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Tactical Bonnet posted:

\ I'll buy you plat or something

The little grenade next to usernames shows who has plat.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

This was from the last page but I gotta say I just saw it and for a moment I thought he was giving two emphatic thumbs up.

'What's got two thumbs and a fish head? DIS GUY C'MAAHN"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Golden Bee posted:

The little grenade next to usernames shows who has plat.

OH! That's what it means!! Haha, I always thought it was there to show who was online right now and who wasn't!

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Inside of Magic, you might also look through both Ravnica blocks. One of the guilds, Orzhov, has a sinister religion sort of aesthetic.

The piles of money might be odd, but I used Syndic of Tithes last time I drew up a necromancer (that I didn't get to play) and I just cropped it close since I was going to use it as a pog anyway.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Heatwizard posted:

Inside of Magic, you might also look through both Ravnica blocks. One of the guilds, Orzhov, has a sinister religion sort of aesthetic.

The piles of money might be odd, but I used Syndic of Tithes last time I drew up a necromancer (that I didn't get to play) and I just cropped it close since I was going to use it as a pog anyway.

I dig the design of the leader(s): The Obzedat Ghost Council.

The bit of flavor for them on one card is also great.
"I once saw the Obzedat moved to action. Since that day, I've been thankful that they're mainly lazy, and dead."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AXE COP posted:

oh boy you asked for it

Are there sources on either of these ? Because I want to know the story of these people.

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

sukrin-art.tumblr.com is the source for the first image

harpymarx.deviantart.com for the second

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I have kind of two part request:

One, I'm playing Wasteland 2, and I'm having a hard time finding art of black women appropriate to the setting to go with one of my characters, especially stuff that isn't super cheese-cakey. Anyone know of/have any?

Two, I have a character for a play-by-post that's going to be an aging duchess possessed by a bear-sark she's turned into a fur coat. Anyone have any art of fashionable but hard-edged old women that could fit the bill?

A random assortment from one of my folders as payment:

Adimeadozen
Apr 6, 2004
Not That Guy
I've been stealing images from this thread for a good long while, I use a lot of images from here and tumblr for characters but the system we run has evolved from house rules into it's own set of books- and since they're not distributed, I gather pictures for races, classes, regions, and god knows what else. Finally put together a final version of the second edition (lets not talk about how long it is) so to give back- here are a bunch of images in use as Classes:

Hopefully that's not too long...

Edit: Yep. tIMGing those.

Adimeadozen fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 29, 2014

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Actually, does anyone have a better version of this image? It looks like someone took a photograph of a book.

I might be considering a fishdude avatar and name change.

And cheers for all the Necromancer pics. Going to come in handy with either a new character I'm working on, or if I decide to become Groovy Tomb Robber

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lord of Bore posted:

sukrin-art.tumblr.com is the source for the first image

harpymarx.deviantart.com for the second

500+ words and an outline later, thank you very much.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Actually, does anyone have a better version of this image? It looks like someone took a photograph of a book.

This is a Kuo-Toa from the D&D 5th edition Monster Manual. This is as good a picture as I could get for you.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Adimeadozen posted:

Hopefully that's not too long...

You could also stand to put those all on the same line, or at least double up. Does wonders to keep it readable.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
This guy is the best doctor. If he can't save a patient, he'll just stitch them up pretty and raise them from the dead, no extra charge! It's his duty, as a physician!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

"What do you mean 'its immoral?' He agreed on it! I have the paperwork right here. Must you insult my professional ethics?"

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Werewolves. Swole werewolves, skinny werewolves, armed werewolves, armoured werewolves, bipedal werewolves, quadrupedal werewolves. I want 'em all. But no wolfmans. And also I know he's The Best but I already have this guy:

I just need more is all.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 1, 2014

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

The Crotch posted:

Werewolves. Swole werewolves, skinny werewolves, armed werewolves, armoured werewolves, bipedal werewolves, quadrupedal werewolves. I want 'em all. But no wolfmans. And also I know he's The Best but I already have this guy:

I just need more is all.

For no particular reason I was collecting WEREWOLF pictures earlier this evening. Definitely check out all of MTG's Innistrad werewolves (where most of these pics come from)

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
I only have one werewolf pic, but I like how it looks.

Almostpanda
Apr 25, 2014

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I'm making an elven smuggler-rogue in the mold of Malcolm Reynolds or Han Solo. Does anyone have any pictures of elves (preferably male archers) that aren't uber-broody, hunched over and perched on a tree limb, or Legolas ripoffs? I'm hoping for something with a sense of whimsy or humor in it, but every time I try searching for that in combination with "elves" I get page after page of cartoony North Pole / Santa / Christmas elves.

I present to you; two crossbows, because reloading is irrelevant.
Somewhat brooding and hunched, unfortunately.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hm. My folder is a little scant on the dude-elves...

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Right, I've commissioned a character sheet from someone, thanks for all the help. I might talk to some of you goon-artists at some point to commission you as well, once I have a sheet for you.

In other requests - I need red heads. Fantasy red heads mostly, not futuristic or modern ones. Women or men. Attractiveness is a bonus. Can be bright unnatural blood red or orange-red or normal red, whatever.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Varying degrees of redishness and also dwarfishness follow:

Turns out if you want to play a male redhead you best be at least one of dwarf, gnome, and/or barbarian.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Kumaton posted:

I am need of woman necromancers and cultists. Bonus points if they're happy with what they do.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

This sounds like an opportunity to post smuggestelf.jpg!

The Crotch posted:

I just need more is all.

I enjoyed Dungeons and Drawings' depiction of the werewolf.

As a bonus this fulfils the redhead request too!

KittyEmpress posted:

Right, I've commissioned a character sheet from someone, thanks for all the help. I might talk to some of you goon-artists at some point to commission you as well, once I have a sheet for you.

In other requests - I need red heads. Fantasy red heads mostly, not futuristic or modern ones. Women or men. Attractiveness is a bonus. Can be bright unnatural blood red or orange-red or normal red, whatever.

Really though it shouldn't be very hard to find. Take any picture of a woman in fantasy and there's about a 50/50 chance she'll be a redhead for some reason.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
AXE COP I was gonna post some Dota stuff but you have a way better batch.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I'm going to be playing a barbarian in Dungeon World who is a time-traveling cave-man, so I need cave men, neanderthals, whatever you got!
In offering, I give a picture of one of my friends characters:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Ok I need islands. Preferably the kind with rocky cliffs and ruins

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

The Crotch posted:

I just need more is all.

I'm pretty sure this is a scene from Codex Alera where Tavi plays ludus with Nasaug the Canim. Canim are essentially gigantic werewolf people.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Check out this Sphinx putting some guy on the defensive:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"For the last time, the answer was woman!"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Maybe I'll just go around your lair, freaky cat bird bitch. What do you think of that!?"

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Swags posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a scene from Codex Alera where Tavi plays ludus with Nasaug the Canim. Canim are essentially gigantic werewolf people.

It is, yeah.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay but why do they each have their own chess board?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

The Crotch posted:

Okay but why do they each have their own chess board?

Because ludus is a 5th dimensional hyperchess variant and not actual chess, in part because the realities of war in a setting where 'flying dudes' is a real possibility calls for a non-standard set of pieces and board. There was also something about logistics/pieces supporting each other, maybe? It's been a while since I read the books.

E: That's not them each having their own board, that's a raised board above the main one.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I recently stumbled upon fantasy art engine. It has many pretty pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RPZip posted:

Because ludus is a 5th dimensional hyperchess variant and not actual chess, in part because the realities of war in a setting where 'flying dudes' is a real possibility calls for a non-standard set of pieces and board. There was also something about logistics/pieces supporting each other, maybe? It's been a while since I read the books.

E: That's not them each having their own board, that's a raised board above the main one.

Yes that's the flight board for Wind Knights. Ludus would be an interesting game to actually play since furycrafting pieces change a lot of the dynamics of chess.